Marriage is Murder - Page 77
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 77 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 77 of 100 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 88 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 77 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:11 am

Cassidy miled seeing the fabluose chess set arrive in front of Kate and set up she marveled at the colors and how it glittered in the light " wow its beautiful Marcus" she said and smiled looking to Kate as she spoke " I agree it does look like something some one would take if you got robbed" she said picking up one of the peices and looking at it " I don't think thats glass in it I think its carved diamonds" she said running her finger over the stone before she placed it back down on the board. " okay Kate white wash commence" she said and chuckled.

Jack loked up and smiled seeing the chess set he liked the look of it and placed down his paper to watch " this should be intresting , male against female, who will win" He said softly and looked to Khaat" Master or student" he chuckled.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:25 pm

Kate and Marcus settled into a quiet chess match. They were also studying each other as much as they were studying the board. The more Marcus played, the more he got a sense of what Kate was all about.

"You are a serious student of the game, aren't you?" Kate asked with a smile, moving a piece on the board.

"I try," he said. "I study strategy."

"You certainly do," she said. "But you need to keep studying. That was the wrong move, my friend." e looked again at the board and realized that he had moved the wrong piece as he was talking to her. He sighed, laughing.

"Check and mate," she said easily. "Play me again when your attentions aren't divided.

"I'll look forward do it. What did that take, ten minutes?"

"Fifteen," Khaat laughed.

"Didn't give you much to see, did I?" Marcus looked at the others.

"You gave them about ten minutes more than they expected," Kate said.

"Ah well, I'll work on it," Marcus said. He saw Khaat resting her hand on her stomach. "Everything alright?"

"A bit of nausea. I'm sure its nothing."

"Most likely either fatigue or pain or both," Marcus said. "You're past time for your pain potion, and you're tired. Perhaps bed is in order." He looked at the others. "You'll excuse us?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:24 am

Jess sat and watched the game noting the mistake was a simle one and knew Marcus was more thinking about Khaat that the game which toher finished rather quickly but she wasn't surpised by it as Kate was a good player. " its fine Marcus, mothers need alot of rest and Khaat kneeds more so" she said and smiled sitting back in the chair she sat in. Jack walked back in several moments later and smiled.

" Beaten already, thats quicker than I'd have guessed " he said and looked back to the movie room."I owe Edward ten dollars" he siad and sat with Jess one arm over her shoulder.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:42 am

"I'll try to last a couple more minutes next time," Marcus smiled. "Excuse us. I think we'll be heading upstairs." He took Khaat upstairs and made sure she was comfortable in bed with her pain potion. It didn't take her long to go to sleep.

The bedroom now seemed completely silent in comparison to the chaos that had been Christmas. Tonight, now that the celebrating and the busyness of the day was over, he was thinking about his children. He knew how the day had most likely gone for them. He hadn't spent Christmas with them in years. He always saw them as quickly as he could after the holiday but he was always away on Christmas and this year was no different in that respect.

He had received the same paid vacation that everyone else had, and the thought of having his kids with him for that long was enticing. He didn't see it as realistic. Certainly not while James Blood was threatening Khaat and her family. But it was still worth thinking about.

"Its been a lovely day, Everyone," Kate said to the others downstairs. "And Robert enjoyed today more tha I thought he would under the circumstances. Thank you for helping him keep his mind occupied. Now, if we can just get through New Year's, we might do alright for awhile."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:51 am

Jess smiled to Marcus and watched him take Khaat up to her bedroom then she looked to Kate " its fine Kate I just hope this thing wears off quickly for him" she said and sighed as Jack pulled hr to him and held him close. Cassidy smiled at Kate and nodded she agreed as much as she too wished she could talk to him she knew it would be time that would heal him.

" I agree its nice having him hre but I miss hearing his voice booming when we do soemthing wrong its kinda like having a father tell you off but giving you advice at the same time." She sighed and hung her head "Something I didn't get much off" she said and looekd to Kate " don't tell him I said this but to me he is like a second father." she said smiling to Kate.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:02 am

"He already knows," Kate said. "He fills that role for a lot of people. And I know he misses everything. Even the unpleasant things. He misses all of it. I'd like to take him away for a couple days, but that just isn't possible for us right now. He just isn't going to go, just the two of us. His curse is too unpredictable, and he doesn't trust himself. I can't blame him for that.

"Not only that, but as long as it still has a hold on him and keeps him from doing the things that England depends on, he doesn't want to go try to have a good time anywhere. And I respect him for that.

"So, for now, what you lot can do to keep things moving forward in a good way for him is to continue having some happiness in your own lives so that he doesn't get a chance to forget that there are good things still left in his world."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:17 am

Jess and Casidy both smiled at Kate " of course we'll try but like you said we tend to make mistakes" Jess said as Cassidy chuckled beside her " okay alot of mistakes but we learn...some of us" she said and looked at Jack who staid quiet and bit his lip.

"Hey, I learned from my mistakes" he said " don't ever cross Robert " he said and chuckled as he saw Jess shake her head.

"like Jess said most of us, I do hope Brants not making one with this Gwen woman, she seemed okay, but looks can be deiciving. " Cassidy said softly " his mistake " Cassidy looked at Kate and smiled " shall I send up some almond tea for Robert and you to take up to bed?" she asked moving to stand up and head to the kitchen she paused waiting to see if Kate wanted that tea to take up to their room.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:23 am

"We all make mistakes," Kate said. "And that's fine. Its how we learn. Robert's having to allow you to make more of them because its not something he can continue to try to coach you through in the same way he has done or would like to do. He will be there for you, as much as he can be. But that doesn't mean he doesn't care.

"And, yes, Cassidy, I'd take a cup upstairs with me. Its a lovely thought. Thank you. I don't think Robert's drinking tea tonight. My guess is that he's either drinking soda or beer while he's watching the movies. I'd just let him be if I were you.

"Personally, I think its been a long day, and I'm looking forward to my pajamas, my bed, and a good book," she smiled. "I think I'll head off soon myself. Jack, do please check the doors and the security spells on the house one more time before you go to sleep, would you?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:30 am

Cassidy moved into the kitchen and reheated the pot poring out a mug she carried it to Kate sending a pot to the room so she would have a warm drink to fall asleep on " we understand Kate and are trying our best not to depend on you or Robert" she told her " I sent some warm cookies up too I do hope Angus dosn't mind" she said with a smile.

Jack looked at Kate and nodded his head gently " of course Kate I will walk the inside of the house before I sleep" he said knowing he would double check every where twice over to make sure all was secure , nothing would get in or out this night " and I agee its been a wonderful evening Robert deserves some time to himself" he added smiling at her. Jess stood up and yawned.

" sorry Im off to bed " she said and looek to Jack leaning down she kissed him gently " see you when you come up " she told him and he nodded.

"Warm my side please " he said and heard Jess chuckle as she walked to the stairs. Cassidy shook her head and sat down by the fire. she was not tired in the least but just happy everything had gone well.

"I agree I do hope the new year goes well with out any fights " she said praying that James would leave them alone untill the holidays were over but deep inside she felt he was already planing his next move.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:53 am

Kate went up to her room, curled up in bed with her book and sipped on the tea when it arrived. It was a good night for it.

The house was quiet all night long. Marcus felt like he could have heard a pin drop. He left the bedroom door to Khaat's room open, just in case the kids went wandering about, but he didn't hear or see anything. Not upstairs anyway.

Downstairs, the movies went all night, and towards breakfast time, they began to smell coffee, fresh sweet pastries, and bacon. The smells of the house elves cooking breakfast.

The only disturbance Robert knew of all night was Abbey. She had awakened just before 2 am, and had come over to him sleepily, climbed up on his lap, and cuddled tight to him. He had wrapped his arms around her and soothed her back to sleep.

This morning she was still there, still sleeping with her head on his chest. He loved all his grandchildren, but Abbey had always been a Papa's girl. She was more attached to him than the other kids.

He heard the kids starting to wake up. They were anxious to get breakfast.

Brian looked at the others. "I think we have little ones now that we need to get bathed and dressed and to breakfast. The cowboys and Indians will have to wait til another time now, don't you think?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 100 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 88 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top