Marriage is Murder - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 3 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 3 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Brant stood listening to them and was himself glad everything went well with Khaat so far. "hum..." he said simply and rubbed his chin not even seen a misfired curse before. Steven and Cassidy walked over and looked at Robert.

"Do you have any idea how to cure it?" she asked still holding on to Stevens hand who rubbed the back of hers with his thumb to keep her calm while they waited for him to speak. Steven listened but a note came threw and landed in his hand.

" its from Jess she's going to stay at the hospital incase she's needed through the next twenty four hours" he read out.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:46 pm

Robert shook his head. He had been busy at trying to figure out how to undo it himself, but it was complicated. He honestly hadn't gotten any father than figuring out how to try to protect his family from it.

"Just one more question," Edward said to Robert. "Well, that probably won't be true. I'll probably have more. I trust you'll let me know when I irk you." Robert nodded. "Why is your reaction to Khaat so strong? Why do you have such a strong need to protect her more than any of the rest of us? You must have a reason."

Robert paused a moment, not sure he wanted to answer the question. But since Brian knew, he saw no real harm now. He flipped the page again. He pointed to the word "Pregnant."

Edward merely looked at him. "What? Are you sure?" he asked quietly. Robert nodded. "Then why would she push her limits with you? Surely, if she knows that..." Robert shook his head. Edward paused again. He wasn't sure what Robert was saying.

"She doesnt' know, does she?" Angus said. Robert shook his head.

"Oh, God," Edward said. "She's pregnant. She doesn't know yet, and you're afraid of harming her and the child."

Robert got up and walked over to the door, staring outside. Now they knew. They knew the real reason he was pushing Khaat away. And it was the reason he hadn't even seen his grandkids. His fear of passing it to them was entirely too great.

"We need to make this come to an end for you," Edward said. "Soon. This stupid law is something no one else but you can undo. And we need to find James before he hurts someone else. Its one thing if he fights us here on the estate, but he's taking it to London now. And that's entirely different." Robert didn't move. He knew that much.

"There is one little thing you need to know," Angus said. "While you were gone...." he began. Robert spun around and stared at Angus, dreading more ill news. "Abbey isn't coping well. She knows something isn't right today. Lee took her out to get her out of the tension and relieve her stress."

Robert nodded. That was probably a good thing.

"Well, it started out well enough. But evidently James found them, and Lee has taken Abbey into hiding. She's fine, but he's not bringing her back tonight," Angus finished.

Robert never moved, trying to repress the extremes of emotion that the curse caused. A cold wind started to spin through the room, starting to get colder and starting to pick up speed. Edward looked at Angus. Robert wasn't going to deal with this well. Not with something happening to Abbey.

At that instant, Michael apparated back in, as some of the lightweight things like paper and such started to blow around in the winds. It didnt' take Michael more than a moment to figure out Robert was upset.

"Robert?" Michael asked gently. "Do you mind if I stop this for you?" Robert stepped outside, unable to keep his anger inside anymore. Thunder and lightning and monstrously strong winds began to blow outside. "Great," Michael sighed. "I would suggest you lot not go outdoors for the moment."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:01 am

Brant looked at Edward some what suprised as did Casidy and Steven. As the wind picked up Cassidy moved to hide her face in Stevens shirt as he held her close trying to stop the things from hitting her. Both were glad when Michael the real one appeared in the room. Both of them stepped to one side cassidy now heading up to the nursary while Steven stayed with Edward and Brant in the living room.

" I hope he can get Robert to calm down all that winds going to play ot thhavok with the sweet corn" he said trying to not think about Khaat and her baby still in hospital and Brian not even knowing about it. " some one gonna have to tell Brian sooner or later" he said and looked at them both.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:50 am

Michael ached for Robert. He could see that Robert was hurting and feeling entirely helpless.

"Stop trying to hold it in," Michael said to him quietly. He knew that wasn't what anyone indoors wanted him to say to Robert, but Michael had a purpose. "You're safe, you're home, let it go."

Robert didn't believe in completely letting go, but Michael agitated him into a bit of a temper tantrum. He didn't care about limbs broken off trees, flowerbeds uprooted, or any of the rest of it. It was all replaceable. Robert, however, was not.

But he truly wasn't well enough to keep it going for long. Within a few minutes, he was sitting on the steps, exhausted, and the storm was dying down. Michael accio'd two bottles of beer and popped the caps on them. He sat down next to Robert and handed him one. The two of them sat outside in the crisp fall air and discussed the day's crises, as much as Robert was able to discuss anything.

Feeling that all was in hand, Angus returned to the kitchen and finished his dinner. He packaged up a large basket of dinner containers for those who would be eating at St. Mungo's tonight.

"Steven," Angus asked. "Would you mind taking this to St. Mungos and make sure they get them?" He had given them not just five star, but some of the best five star he had ever done. "And if Cassidy sets the table, we should be ready to bring the kids down for dinner when you get back. Oh, and do make sure that Brian and Kate are the ones who get the bottles labeled Cream Soda."

Edward laughed. "They're not Cream Soda?"

"Not even close," Angus laughed.

"If that's the case, you should put a couple extra of those in there, just in case."

"Okay," Angus laughed. He prepared a couple more bottles and put them in the basket. "Incidently, the colas really are just colas. And there are plenty of those. Hurry back, though, or you'll miss your own dinner. I think the basket is ready to go whenever you are, Steven."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Brant stood watching out side he was amazed at how much fury was inside Robert but on the other hand he was not suprized. Steven stood holding Cassidy gently a he too watched out side. Brant saw it calm down and smiled. " I think its over" he said softly and glanced back over his shoulder at them all. Steven heard Angus and chuckeld as he took the two baskets.

" ow they will love you in the hospital for that, im ready " he said and smiled as he picked up the baskets and made a note the two cream sodas were to go to Brian and kate, with a nod and a quick kiss to Cassidy he left for the hospital. Cassidy stood and moved to lay the table Brant moved to help her knowing she'd have to fetch the kids.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Brian had been alone for hours in Khaat's room with her. She was not struggling for life nearly as hard as she had been prior to surgery, but he certainly felt she could be better. Stronger.

His own thoughts had been spinning. He hadn't had much time to absorb it at the time. He had had to act quickly. Now all he had was time to think.

James had attacked again, and this time he had nearly killed his wife. No, that wasn't quite right. This time James had nearly killed Brian's wife and his child. Child. Another child. That was the newest variable. And it had blindsided him completely.

It wasn't that they wanted more children. They did. He had come to love the chaos that a whole houseful of kids brought. He had merely hoped to wait awhile after the triplets before adding more. He had that covered. The spells, the potions, everything they knew of to prevent it. And yet, something had obviously failed.

It felt, to Brian, like this all had a whole new urgency to it. He had always taken her safety seriously. Now, without Robert's help, he was going to have to meet that challenge on a whole new level--if she survived.

He had also gotten word that James had attacked his daughter. Abbey. His child. He was outraged. He was, though, remarkably fine that Lee had her for the night. He couldn't say he wasn't considering sending all his children as deep into hiding as he could get them while he searched for James. He didn't think Abbey would weather a long separation from them. The other kids, maybe, maybe not. Abbey was in the definitely not category. Perhaps, if he were to send Khaat along as soon as she was able to travel....no. He didn't want her out of his sight either.

He punched his fist on the stone windowsill in her room, feeling trapped and very much alone.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:36 pm

Steven appeared in the room with the baskets and placed them down he turned to see Brian hit the stone wall " you do know that will just break you hand?" he said taking out a bottle of soda and walking over to him. Steven stood for a moment and looekd at Khaat " hows she doing?" he asked and glanced over to her. " Angus sent over some food for you and the others he thought you would be hungry" he said and pointed to the two baskets as he hadned Brian one of the bottles " take a drink" he said " its not cream soda" he said handed it to him.

Steven walked over to Khaat and sighed "Were all hping she pulls threw Brian " he said " Robert turned the front yard into a huracane zone when he got back" he said.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:56 pm

Brian heard Steven's voice behind him. He turned. "Hadn't thought about it, really," Brian sighed when Steven mentioned his hand. "How the hell can things get turned so entirely upside down in a few hours?"

"She's holding her own for the moment," Brian said. "But that's because we haven't given her vitals a chance to dip. We just keep boosting them every little bit. The wounds were so deep. So deep. You know, I've seen a lot of wounds over the years, but I don't usually even see things like this. Not unless whoever it is really intends the victim to die.

"I'm gonna kill him, you know," Brian said, thinking of James. "I can't do this anymore with him. Thanks." He took one of the bottles and opened it and took a sniff. "First decent drink I've had all day." He took a huge gulp out of it, almost able to hear Michael in his head telling him to be careful drinking something that strong so fast. At the moment, he didn't care.

"Food is probably a good thing. I think the others are upstairs in the healers' lounge on the 5th floor," Brian said. "Kate's doing better than I am, really. I don't know how she does it, taking it all in stride.

"And I hope Robert did some damage," Brian said. "I felt like doing it here, myself. There'd be some satisfaction in knowing he actually ripped something up."

He saw Khaat's damaged left shoulder twitch rather violently. He didn't speak. He checked her. "She's been doing that for the last hour or so. I'm guessing she's trying to wake up, but the fact is that, so far, I haven't let her do that yet. I've wanted her to rest."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:14 am

Steven chuckled and nodded " yeah and he did " he said and watched Brian down a good swig "theres a bottle for kate too" he said " that was my next stop but thought you could use it first " he said and smiled a small smile at him. Glancing over at Khaat he sighed then looekd at Brian " its normal Brian to be angry look at me when I found John I wanted to tear that guy a new hole, especialy when I found out what he'd done to john, this time Brian you have us to help , he we by your ill die and it will be by your hand " he said and placed his hand on Brians shoulder " I swear it Brian" he sad softly.

" Okay I got to get this food to the others any one asks thats cream soda" he said and chuckled as he walked back to one of the baskets " don't want to get angus in trouble " he said and walked down to the other room." foods up " he said and took the second bottle out , poring a cup he handed it to Kate " special soda just for you from Angus" he said placing it beside her as he did some food "you have to eat, angus's orders" he spoke softly to her . hoping she would.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:30 am

"Thank you," Brian said to Steven. "I appreciate it. It feels just a bit heavier without Robert this time."

Kate was sitting, mindlessly flipping through an old magazine when Steven came in. He put the bottle of soda in front of her. Cream soda? It wasn't one of her favorites. She picked it up, though, and took a sip, if for nothing more than to announce she didn't care for it. But after the first sip, she looked at the bottle, shrugged and took a long deep swig.

"You'd better have brought more of those," Kate said. "Its going to be a long night. If not, you'd better have Angus bring a boatload of them before he goes to bed. I really do hate nights like this."

She opened one of the food containers Steven had brought. "Steak au Poive with a cognac cream sauce, a potato and leak tart, and chocolate mousse. He's outdone himself. He did that deliberately. Thank him for me, Steven. I appreciate that. It smells incredible.

"Steven, make sure Michael keeps an eye on Robert. He isn't going to deal with this well," Kate said. "Someone has tried to snuff out the only thing in this world that he cares about, and he's completely helpless. He has the skills to help her, and he can't touch her. He's about to go ballistic, and with his curse, I have no idea how that will look."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top