ARTICLE 203: Matrimonium Legem
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

ARTICLE 203: Matrimonium Legem Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

ARTICLE 203: Matrimonium Legem

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ARTICLE 203: Matrimonium Legem Empty ARTICLE 203: Matrimonium Legem

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:25 am

MATRIMONIUM LEGEM

In the wake of the Itch, a handful of Potioneers discovered something previously unknown, or undocumented, about blood.

They called it Magical Blood Percentage and it showed, per litre of blood, how much magic there was in an individual - on basic terms, a scale of Pureblooded-ness.

Such a measurement also made it easy for them to determine and predict the likelihood of a Squib birth for a reproducing couple. It also determined the likelihood of magical, blood-born diseases being contracted by the offspring of a magical couple.

What they found was that the likelihood of Squib births in Purebloods was sky-high and, in fact, Ministry birth records showed at since the 18th Century, Squib births had been on the up.

With a depleted magical populous and very few children being born to magical parents, the Ministry knew they had to act. They passed Article 203 - a marriage law.

It states all people aged seventeen are required to register with the Ministry. For women, the maximum age is fifty and for men, seventy. Those between those ages are expected to marry within thirty days of receiving their allotted spouse and are expected to adhere to marital harmony this, that and the other.

How long will it be until you get your letter? Until your marriage?

All little girls dream of their wedding day and all little boys have little hero complexes, wanting to be the princes and save their princesses. Who would've thought it would've come sooner than either parties would've expected?
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

ARTICLE 203: Matrimonium Legem Empty Re: ARTICLE 203: Matrimonium Legem

Post by Jamie Griggory Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:00 am

So if I have an unmarried character I will have to get them married?
Jamie Griggory
Jamie Griggory
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:11 am

if your character is in the age range to be effected by the new law, then, yeah, unless your character wants to go to Azkaban.

There are a LOT of my characters who are commitment phobic and aren't going to be happy with this either.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Griggory Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:17 am

I have only one that will have to get married, Carter but he already has a son.This is going to be controversial.But can characters get divorced?
Jamie Griggory
Jamie Griggory
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:19 am

Are the admins or somebody going to pair up characters? Or do we get to pick?
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 2916

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:20 am

oh, we aren't going to reveal everything yet....hee hee hee......but there are MORE plot twists coming!!! things will work out, in time, i'm sure....but your folks aren't supposed to have an easy time getting to that point.

we're offering you all up a little personal plotting opportunity and, at the same time, some larger site level plotting if you want it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:23 am

eli can give you more specifics about how the law is going to work, but partners will be chosen very soon. Unless a character is already married. So--I"m presuming some folks will rush off to get married, and some will be caught in being assigned partner by law.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Griggory Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:26 am

Oh no, Dimitri is going to have a hard time with it.
Jamie Griggory
Jamie Griggory
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:30 am

Yeah, and so is Angus Donohue, Zada Forbes, Lorcan D'Eath (but I really should just put those two together anyway) , Michael Tremaine, and a few others of my folks. Marriage makes Michael break out in hives.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Alden Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:11 am

I logged in as soon as I saw Gus' message.I think Joshua would go on the run.Maybe Carter can do the same if you want Gus.Maybe they run away together.But that would mean he would go to azkaban and either way he would be reminded of his worst memory.Joshua is very liberal so he would marry that person but he wouldn't have a kid because that's what the ministry wants.
Joshua Alden
Joshua Alden
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top