Oddball In The Owlery - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Oddball In The Owlery  - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Oddball In The Owlery

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oddball In The Owlery  - Page 2 Empty Re: Oddball In The Owlery

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:55 pm

If it wasn't for Kyria being there Mavis would have probably lay there all day in the straw and owl droppings simply laughing, then laughing about laughing and then finally laughing because she forgot what she would have been laughing at in the first place.

'Thanks Kira!' Mavis replied as she was pulled up by the fellow Gryffindor - not even realising that she had gotten her name wrong. 'I'm good why? Are you not?' Mavis' eyes suddenly shone with sadness, 'You're not upset are you?' Scratching her head at what could have brough on Kyria's sudden sadness Mavis pulled a twig from it, tossing it aside for an owl to peck.

It wasn't uncommon for Mavis to forget what was happening. The, what she thought was a change in Kyria's mood, had completely distracted her from the house elves and she went over to pat Dusty whilst she waited for Kyria's reply.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyria Lyris Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:12 pm

"You're welcome," Kyria smiled, disregarding the fact that Mavis had gotten her name wrong. The pronunciation was close enough so it didn't bother her that much. If it happened again thought Kyria might just say something about it.

'I'm good why? Are you not? You're not upset are you?' Kyria was a little confused by the turn of the subject. The subject was also directed back to her. Kyria shrugged it off. She was probably just as concerned as Kyria was.

"Why would i be upset?" Kyria asked a little confused but giving a genuine smile. "It's alright I'm not. There's no reason to." She started to smile brighter. Kyria looked at Mavis as she started to pet her owl and cocked her head a little, unsure as to whether or not they were going.

"Uhmm... Are we still going to visit the house elves?' Kyria asked, pointing her thumb back outside, looking almost tomboyish with her gesture. "I'm still up for it if you think I'm not." Kyria said, thinking Mavis thought she may be uninterested in seeing the elves. She hoped that would help solve the misunderstanding as well.
Kyria Lyris
Kyria Lyris
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:00 pm

Mavis continued to pay Dusty, blinking rather oddly as Kyria told Mavis she was fine. A wide smile growing at her fellow student mentioning the house elves - Mavis had completely forgot! 'Oh yes! I'd forgotten all about that! Shall we go now? OH LET'S!' The idea of showing Kyria her house elf companions was rather exciting for Mavis, she never got to share experiences like this with people. Sure whenever the girl talked to someone she thought she'd made a friend but with Kyria it really did seem like she'd made a new friend. A good friend.

Hurrying over to Kyria Mavis grasped her hand, her heartbeat rising rapidly releasing the moment. 'You will LOVE Lopsie she is so funny! Once I laughed and juice came out of my mouth!' Mavis exclaims before stopping by the door to double up in laughter at the memory. Not that she could remember it, all she remembered was once finding something funny. What exactly was funny had escaped the girls empty skull, yet she still found it oddly hilarious. Well, she wasn't called Oddball Oakes for nothing.

'Shall we go then?' Mavis asked after catching her breath back from the laughing fit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyria Lyris Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Kyria smiled back, seeing her new friend had brightened back up. She was about to leave the owlery to see the elves when MAvis took her hand.

'You will LOVE Lopsie she is so funny! Once I laughed and juice came out of my mouth!" Kyria started laughing with Mavis. She loved how lively Mavis seemed to be. Kyria was sure she would be bored being around a person like Mavis. 'Shall we go then?

Kyria panted from the laughter and held her stomach for a minute first before she replied. She herself lightened up, mostly hoping they could get out of the owlery into the kitchens. Now that Kyria thought about it too, she was feeling quite hungry so maybe she could get a snack too.

"Yes!" Kyria answered excitedly. Before she would let Mavis say another word, she pulled her out of the doorway to the owlery and started down the stairs. Kyria didn't want to stall anymore time they had left to see the house elves. "Lead the way!"

(So are we going to continue this in the kitchens then? If so then we should apply to extend it past Thursday ^_^)
Kyria Lyris
Kyria Lyris
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Mavis beamed as Kyria grasped her hand. Nobody ever grasped her hand, or touched her for that matter. A special light had switched on inside of Mavis, what she wanted was finally coming true: A friend. A real friend.

Moving as fast as her chubby legs could carry her, a smile on her face and Kyria in tow, Mavis headed along the seventh floor corridor, down several flight of staircases before arriving at the top of the marble staircase in the entrance hall.

'We're almost there, it's just down here!' Mavis exclaimed as she clumsily thundered down the staircase and through a door besides the huge oak doors of The Great Hall, arriving in an underground passage whose walls were plastered with still life paintings of food. They passed an alcove with wooden barrels stacked up high, reaching the final painting of a fruit bowl. Mavis reached up and tickled the pear, causing the portrait to swing open to reveal an opening. Turning her head to Kyria Mavis grinned in excitement before entering.

(OOC: Yeah that's fine. Wasn't sure what else to put in this so I thought that I would just rp taking Kyria to the kitchens. Want me to start the kitchen thread now? Or do you? )
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyria Lyris Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:06 am

Kyria followed quickly after Mavis, really havig absolutely no jdea where mavis was taking her ither than the Great Hall. She smiledc happy thatshe had made a new friend, and before the summer as well. Kyria may as well be using her aunt's owl this summer.

Kyria followed Mavis down the entrance hall. Making it through the hallway to the Great Hall, Mavis took Kyria through a door which Kyria often overlooked. She couldn't recall such a door existing there but then agakn since she never used it Kyria must've pain mo attention to it whatsoever.

Passing the paintings and entering the alcove, Kyria smile even wider, with a growing feeling that they were almost to the elves. Kyria watched with a peculiar look as Mavis tickle te pear on the wall painting. The paintig swung open, much like how the Fat Lady portrait opened for Gryffindors. Kyria smed with Mavis, not quite knowig what to sag out of pre excitement. Kyria didn't hesitate to follow her in.

(I can start it if you haven't already ^_^.)
Kyria Lyris
Kyria Lyris
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top