Throwdown of the Century - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Throwdown of the Century - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Throwdown of the Century

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Throwdown of the Century - Page 7 Empty Re: Throwdown of the Century

Post by Robbie Fairfax Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:07 am

Darcy almost tried to answer the girl's questions as she rang them out, but she knew it would be much too confusing, even if it potentially delivered a very amusing effect. Instead, she waited patiently, smiling bemusedly.

"Let's see if I can answer in one breath," she joked. She took a deep breath and responded, her pace matching Mavis' rapid words, "I am. I'm sort of homeschooled and I take exams at the nearest schools. I sleep in the common room when I'm here. My ship is currently in the Red Sea." She grinned.
Robbie Fairfax
Robbie Fairfax
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:46 pm

Mavis titled her head, her mouth slightly open and her eyes wide as she tried to take in what Darcy was saying. 'That's brutal.' Two words. She wasn't one of many words and didn't really understand what Darcy was saying. To Mavis is sounded a hassle going to all different schools, plus why was she on the boat at that age? Although it mean't she must meet hundreds of people. And what colour sea was that again?

'Ummm.' Mavis began to nibble her gnawed finger nails trying to figure out how she can word her wonders. After too long a though she decided to simply let her mind flow with questions as before. 'Do you have to keep getting sorted then? And how far is the red sea? And how come you even live on the ship? Are you really popular? OMG DO YOU GET TO WEAR A LIFE JACKET?'

Mavis didn't know how to swim so whenever she did go swimming she had to wear arm bands, which wasn't too bad but the Gryffindor was always rather jealous of the fact she could never wear a full life jacket to keep her head above the water- not that she went in the deep part of a pool she simply splashed with her sisters in the shallow end.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Hallie began to dance in the middle of the room. She had joined her fellow Gryffindor friends in a new number that seemed to have a latin feel, which was unusual for wizard music. Swaying her hips from side to side, her arms extended in front of her, moving slightly. A laugh on her face. She was determined to simply have fun and Brian Sullivan wasn't going to stop her, perhaps he could enhance her fun?

Gazing over her shoulder Hallie felt her eyes lock with Brian. Dam She thought. His eyes were nice, more than nice they were irresistible. What girl could look into them without falling weak at the knees? Well, she once was that girl before a conversation over a punnet of strawberries happened. Tearing her eyes from him she continued to dance, the music changing into something more upbeat.

can you dance like a hippogriff. Na na na na na na na na naaa

Rocking her head from side to side Hallie began to move her body more. Those around her began to jump as they rocked out to the Weird Sisters classic tune. Wow. Real seductive. What the heck! Yes she'd caught Brian's attention when she entered but did her hair really need to be neatly up? No. Interlocking her fingers into the tight bun Hallie wrenched the many many many pins and slides, dropping them on the floor where they were soon smashed as her locked golden locks cascaded down her back.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Molz Weasley Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:35 pm

[[OOC: Ahh, went away for exams for two weeks. Assume Molly was with Mavis/Darcy/Padril/etc., then is on her own again after they all left for food/others? If that makes sense.]]

Molly had been talking to Padril, actually being social for a change, when Mavis had made her big entrance then came over to join them. Molly and Mavis had a strange kind of relationship, not friends, they kind of got along, but never spoke much. It was odd, that was for sure, but everything about Mavis seemed to be rather odd.

Brian for some reason had decided he needed to protect Mavis, or he just wanted to annoy Slytherins, it could have been either. So he had decided to cause a scene, Molly rolling her eyes at him. Brian could be a bit of a show off, she thought. He could be nice, but he could be a jerk. She remembered the conversation that she'd had with Hallie, so wanted to speak to Brian at some point. She had kept forgetting so far, though.

Then Padril went off to get a drink of sorts, Darcy making some comment at him. Molly wondered if they were just good friends or not. Then Mavis ran off to the food, no surprise there for Molly. Molly wasn't that hungry though, so didn't follow Mavis, unlike Darcy.

"I'm not hungry, speak later." Molly said.

She wasn't hungry. She was feeling funny, though had no idea why. Molly was completely unaware of anything that had been in the drinks, but whatever it was seemed to be reacting in a strange way. She thought she was seeing double. She stumbled backwards into the chair she had been sitting in earlier. She tried to focus on something in the room, but it was like everything was on fast forward and it was making her dizzy. She thought she might need a drink, but she didn't want to get up from a chair. Not that a drink would help her, in fact it would have only made her worse, but Molly wasn't to know that.

Molly saw Padril talking to Hallie and another girl, the one Henri had got into a fight with, though Molly didn't know the girl. Mavis and Darcy were still over by the food. Molly decided she did need something, feeling really dehydrated. She got up and made her way towards Darcy and Mavis, looking for water or something.

"Hey guys." she said, catching a snippet of the conversation, something to do with sailing. Molly saw the punch she had had earlier, but no water or anything. Dammit, she thought to herself. She didn't particularly want the punch.
Molz Weasley
Molz Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Fairfax Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:18 pm

"It's actually sort of fun," Darcy responded. "I'm actually in the Terpsichora house at Durmstrang, and the Bangarang house at NSWAM. I've only stayed at Beauxbaton's once, so they didn't bother to sort me. And it's far off, we'll leave it at that." She laughed. She only knew distance by sea and that'd be a pain to describe. "My dad and I hunt for artifacts. We don't really wear life jackets. We don't like the rules."

She laughed. Molly approached and Darcy scooped up a glass of punch and held it out to Molly. "Hey, Molly. Take a load off!"
Robbie Fairfax
Robbie Fairfax
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Mavis blinked as Darcy explained her housing situation. The poor girl had no clue what Darcy was going on about but glad of the company. 'Hi Molly!' Mavis cried to her fellow fifth year. The two shared a dorm and, in Mavis' world, this made then the best of friends even if Molly didn't agree. 'LET'S ALL DANCE!' Oddball Oakes screamed at the sudden idea that fell into her brain. Grasping a cup of poisoned punch Mavis downed hit and bounded over to the dance floor, another beaker of punch in hand.

A deep shade of blue was no visible in the once Hazel eyes of Mavis Oakes. The sugar in the drinks was really starting to have an impact, despite being an Oddball and doing, well, odd things the room seemed to be spinning on fast forward and the wild African dancing that Mavis was attempting wasn't doing her the world of good.

BLEURGH!!! Vomit gushed from her lips and onto the dancefloor by her feet.

(ooc: it is the sugar making her ill)

Last edited by Mavis Oakes on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Molz Weasley Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:13 pm

Molly took the glass off of Darcy and downed it. It wasn't like her to down drinks, but of course she had no idea of its contents.

"Thanks Darcy!" she said, her voice unusually loud. Darcy was talking about her schools around the world that she attended. Molly didn't say much about it, she felt suddenly small - all she had ever done was attend school here, play a bit of Quidditch and look after some animals. Yet here was this girl, not much older than here, who travelled the world. Molly wanted to travel some day, to hunt for creatures and learn about dragons and everything. One day, she hoped.

"Sounds good, travelling all the time. I'd like to-" Molly started to talk to Darcy, as Mavis bounded off into the dance floor. However, she was interrupted by the sound of Mavis vomiting in the middle of the dance floor.

"Great. And we share a dorm room." she said, more to herself than anyone else. It probably wasn't the nicest thing to think, but anyone who had shared a dorm with Mavis for five years would have gotten a bit tired of her endless...well, Mavis moments. Life was never boring with her around, that was for sure. But vomit in the dorm would just make it smell gross, not something Molly wanted.
Molz Weasley
Molz Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:26 pm

An hour later Hallie was still on the dance floor with her fellow seventh year buddies, enjoying her final Hogwarts party, letting her hair down before her NEWT's in a few weeks. The Gryffindor had forgotten that it was Brian's party also, in fact for a moment she'd forgotten of his existence, simply lost in the moment. Cherishing her friendships. 

It was incredible what had happened in such a short space of time. Some people appeared to be high on sugar, Henri Finch had exiled Erika Dixon before making an unusual exit; Brian had punched a Slytherin and Oddball Oakes had threw up everywhere whilst Padril and Erika were in a volcanic debate about love. 

'Well, I think I'm going to head back to the common room.' Hallie announced to one of her friends. It was almost midnight and it wouldn't do her well to be caught out of bed at a throwdown when her Professors were in the middle of writing references for the seventh years. 

Although it was sad to leave the party early Hallie and her fellow seventh year Gryffindors didn't go to sleep straight away. They sat, curled on the comfy sofas, around the Gryffindor fire place sharing their memories, laughing at old jokes and engaging in a game of exploding snap - all until they woke a prefect up who came down demanding their departure to bed or he'd go to Kingsley Shaklebolt. 

As Hallie closed her eyes she began to think about Brian. She'd been so hung up on him, infected by his lips, that Hallie had forgotten those who she really cared about. Her friends. That night changed this. Yes she had wanted to impress Brian, make him desire her the way she pleaded him to kiss her, but right now, in hindsight, she didn't care. Hallie had, in her opinion, the best night of her life sharing it with the friends that she'd grew up with for the past seven years.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Mavis felt her stomach begin to bubble again. The sound grew hazier around her and it was as though the world had gone on fast forward. Blurred figures were polluting her surrounds. What on earth was going on? Not that Mavis understood what the sensation was, she was rather confused being a bit dumb and even dumbing having been intoxicated.

'I-I think I'll go bed now.' Mavis shouted to nobody in particular. Turning around she tripped over her own feet, yet again, spilling the contents of her drink all over the floor, it trailing around and going over her skirt - which wasn't even noticeable compared to the splatters of vomit on her top where she'd landed. Giggling to herself Oddball Oakes headed to the door at a crawl, her hands grubby from vomit and food. Tonight had been a bad night for Mavis. Right now the sickening sensation in her stomach was making her wish she'd attended the study group... Not that there had been a study group to attend.

/Exit Mavis
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top