Target - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Target - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Target

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Target - Page 2 Empty Re: Target

Post by Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt Mon May 06, 2013 10:22 pm

It was pretty obvious to the dark witch that Susan was trying to figure out what the hell she was playing at. The ex-Hogwarts student hadn't allowed that to effect her fighting too much however, which was certainly at least a little admirable.

Mind a few moments ahead of her body, Katrina-Carlotta dropped into a roll to avoid the curse sent her way. Sending off a decently-aimed curse mid-roll, the witch was already preparing for her next move. The woman had cast Depello, the Force Charm. The Death Eater was playing with the other witch in a way, but her intention was to quench her curiosity.
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 991
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency, Memory Manipulation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Tue May 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Susan dogged the spell. She cursed herself for dogging so much she was going to have redo the most of the kitchen. Why was she worried about the kitchen when her life was on the line? She would have laughed at herself if she wasn’t worried for life.

“Petrificus Totalus!” casted Susan. She was getting bored. She wanted this to stop right now. She wanted to be able to sleep and pretend like this never happened. “What they hell do you want? I’m sick of the games!” yelled Susan. She was getting so frustrated. It was only natural to her flustered by the mind games. She was Hufflepuff not a Ravenclaw.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt Fri May 10, 2013 7:06 pm

The Order member was all the way down to using child-level jinxes. If the dark witch had wanted to, the moment that Susan was done talking would have been a brilliant time for a killing strike. But no, there was something about this Susan Bones that Katrina-Carlotta found interesting. She wouldn't kill the older witch, at least, not yet.

Wordlessly casting a basic shield, the bond-bind hex hardly called for anything more powerful, the European found herself pleased. Susan was tired of the games, brilliant, so was she. "Speculo," Katrina-Carlotta cast quickly, creating a duplicate of herself. It was a complicated charm, but the Du Hunt was a complicated person.

"I also tire of the games," the reflection of her body stated, wand drawn, a twin controlled by her own magic. "I just wish to talk really," the being of pure magic continued, "I find you...fascinating."
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Sun May 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Susan said she didn’t want to play games. Not try to keep tract of two different witches. Merlin, she was getting too old for this stuff. She just wanted to be left alone. She was tired and light-headed. She wanted to go to bed and forget about everything else. But now she was going to have to go the Berlin Memorial Hospital to make sure she isn’t sick with something.

“Last time someone told me that I ended up married with five kids,” laughed Susan. She must be going sentinel. Who laughs at a time like this? She must be overtired or something. Why was she tired? Merlin, she must be sick with something.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt Mon May 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Susan was joking, perfect. It didn't matter if the elder witch knew it or not, but she was relaxing slightly. The spell the dark witch had used was a complicated one, because mastering it was only half of the challenge. Katrina-Carlotta had managed as she always did, however, and loved the spell for its incredible usefulness.

The magical replication of herself relaxed her wand arm, and walked over to an undestroyed chair. Sitting down, the magical shadow lounged while the original witch stayed on high alert, just incase the Bones decided to be smart and send off a curse at her. "So, Susan Bones, tell me," the lounging woman started," what makes you so different from all of the others?"

Last edited by Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Mon May 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Susan flicked her wand summoning a book to her hands. If this witch wanted to know what made her different, she’d tell her. Just because she was a dark witch doesn’t mean she isn’t a person. Susan was no doll in the park either. “I chose to be different. I didn’t have to be in Dumbledore’s Army. I didn’t have to try to show the wizarding world that married woman with children can’t have a demanding job. I’ve spent my whole life trying to live up to a family name,” she said.

“Being the only future for your family makes you want to do the best you can. I could have just been normal but that’s not what the Bones family does. So I fought in a war, had many friends be tortured and killed. I held a friend in my arms as she died. Then I got married and had five kids. Trust me, parenting is no picnic. I was just a little farm girl that had to grow up into a veteran of war, that’s what happened,” she stated. Fate has strange ways. Susan didn’t understand it but knew that things happened for a reason. She didn’t regret a things she did though.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt Tue May 14, 2013 5:52 pm

The brunette answered her question in full detail, something the dark witch hadn't quite been expecting. Katrina-Carlotta took a second to absorb what she'd heard, before her magical identical nodded slowly. The woman was pretty sure that she understood now, what made Susan Bones different.

"I've fought mothers," the replication of the Death Eater announced softly, "woman whom would do anything for their family as you say you would. I've faced even more warriors, soldiers, who have certainly done and seen far worse terrors than you have. In all my years, however, I don't think that I've ever faced a person whom could call themselves both." The dark witch gave Susan a shallow nod of respect. Katrina-Carlotta could surely beat the other woman in a fight if she tried, but the European was hardly one to undermine the strengths of others.
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Tue May 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Susan didn’t budge at all. She didn’t give away any emotions. She had learned to wear a mask. She had learned that if she didn’t show emotions she didn’t get hurt. It was a self-defence habit that had kept her moving for many years.

“They must have not been parents of teenagers,” chuckled Susan. She had been face to face screaming at one her older twin girls. She had broken up fist fights between her sons. She had seen broken bones, deep gashes, head injuries, bizarre unknown illness and things stuck in ears and noses. She had four very difficult pregnancies, miscarried twice and had five children after many hours of labour. She had really thought that much about it. She was just a mother. She was a Hufflepuff mother.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt Tue May 14, 2013 8:54 pm

The Bones made another joke, and Katrina-Carlotta had to acknowledge that this woman wasn't just another name on her list of targets. Making an irrational, split second decision, the original Du Hunt took a few seemingly casual, measured steps backwards.

"No-one was aware of my plans for today Susan Bones, meaning that you aren't expected to be dead. I've never been one to enjoy the destruction of talent, so I suppose I might as well take my leave," the dark witch said, words as smooth and elegant as ever, but mind far from the calm that her appearance let on.

With a flick of her raised wand, the European dispelled her double, before raising the wand to Susan's face. The woman might have the intention of leaving, but she hardly had the intention of leaving Susan's memories of the event.

((OOC: She can Obliviate Susan and leave a note, or allow Susan to keep her memories. Up to you, just let me know what you want.))

Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Tue May 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Susan was stunned when she realized that she’d survive this. She couldn’t believe it. She knew today was her lucky day. A very lucky day. Fate must be on her side. The room spun for a few seconds. What in Merlin’s name was wrong with her? She was glad that after this she’d be able to go to sleep.

She didn’t panic when she had a wand pointed at her face. She didn’t cower. She stood her ground. She wouldn’t run. She knew this witch wasn’t going to kill her. She had nothing to fear if the purpose was not to kill her.

((OOC: Susan could forget who it was but remember being in duel but not what happened))
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum