Can't Hide Forever - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Can't Hide Forever - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Can't Hide Forever

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't Hide Forever - Page 2 Empty Re: Can't Hide Forever

Post by Audrey Montague Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:00 pm

Audrey couldn't help but laugh at remembering Penny's many, well, awkward moments in their childhood. It was positively endearing, and any good guy for her friend would see that too, but of course Audrey would never argue going along with a date of her own if it could at all benefit Penny. "You're never hopeless, love. I just like to think I bring out your bolder side." she said, laughing.

Audrey sighed a bit when the conversation turned to her, but focused very directly on the second coat of nail polish she was applying on one foot. "It's just hard to find someone that is right for me, you know? I need someone that can challenge me. Someone with humor, class, and a kind side. Maybe I'm just to picky, yes?" She thought with a laugh.
Her mind wondered over her last few 'flings' and almost all of them had the same problems. Either they were completely tasteless, didn't understand or play along with her humor, or they couldn't challenge her. Audrey was the sort of girl that needed some fire. In that way, her and Penny were endlessly different. Penny wanted to appease. Audrey wanted to challenge.
She let her mind shit away from all of those thoughts, and back to the direct discussion at hand. "Yes, yes. Thanks for reminding me. 'You were right, I was wrong.' As usual." she said with a grin, "but the point is, I've had my fun. Time to move on." Audrey shrugged, as if it was completely normal, but let a smirk sneak on to her face. "For you on the other hand, the fun is just beginning! I have a feeling this summer is going to be full of surprises." she said, smirking mischievously.
Audrey Montague
Audrey Montague
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 136
Special Abilities : Empath, Legilimens in training

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Barbary Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:46 am

Penny giggled at Audrey's words, her lie. She was not saying she was hopeless out of a lack of self esteem, but out of an objective observation. Still, she would let it fall at that. Audrey worked so hard to try and be the supportive friend. With as useless as Penny could feel at times, she knew it had to be a hard job, attempting to make Penny's faults seem less of a hindrance than they really were. Still, Penny only smiled and said, "That small side it is."

They continued on with their conversation. "Picky?! No, you should never settle. It's just... we're dealing with sixteen and seventeen year old boys, here. They're not exactly gentlemen." She smiled a little sadly. It seemed there was more class among the first years than the boys their own age.

Penny paled at the thought of the summer 'fun' Audrey was suggesting. "Oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no! I don't need summer fun. I don't need flings. I just want to find someone nice who works well for my family and isn't a total disaster. I'm not even in a hurry. I know that once I find someone I like and my parents life, then I'll be forced into an engagement and- I just want to read my books!" She felt her eyebrows upturn in almost terror, her lips trembling a bit, her voice rising in shrillness. She was scared of the idea that adulthood was so near.
Cosmo Barbary
Cosmo Barbary
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Audrey Montague Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Audrey rolled her eyes and blew some hair out of her eyes in exasperation. 16 and 17 year old boys. she shuttered. "I swear, this is why I think girls should date up." she stated matter-of-factly. Audrey had some very firm ideas about dating. Penelope usually laughed at them, but she had every rule for a very good reason.

She rubbed Penny's shoulder sadly. She knew what she meant. All of the parents were on the search for husbands, and Penny and Audrey were just being dragged along. They were only 16, and soon, they'd be engaged. "Sh-sh- it'll be alright. You don't need to settle either. You should marry someone you like, even love. Not just someone that 'works and isn't a total disaster.' You still have time, love." She said softly.

She had to have lied. They didn't have much time at all. But hopefully, it was enough. At least so that Penny could find someone good. If Audrey could see Penny happy, it would make her own situation bearable at least. This was one thing they had in common though. The one thing that seriously scared Audrey was the prospect of being forced into marrying this young. In order for her to be happy at all for the rest of her life, she needed time. Time she sadly didn't have. She was right there with Penny, she just wants to read her books.
Audrey Montague
Audrey Montague
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Barbary Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:50 am

Audrey was quick to comfort Penny, which had always been one of Audrey's special talents. It did not take much for Penny to get hysterical. If she thought one of the professors had been colder than usual, her mind could convince her that this was sign enough that she was going to be failing the course in question, and enough to cause her to lock herself in the girl's bathroom, sobbing her eyes out. It was typically Audrey who rescued her then, kind enough to comfort, rational enough to snap her out of it.

But Penny only heard kindness in this comfort, and she knew what that meant. Audrey was terrified of the idea of getting stuck with someone too. That was what was troublesome - finding yourself engaged to a stranger who you found repulsive. Divorce in pureblood families was unheard of, and in the case of an arranged marriage - unthinkable.

Audrey was scared too, and this was enough to relax Penny. If it wasn't just in her head, she could find ways to relax herself. She expelled a long breath and then sighed. "I finished my toes." She wiggled them for Audrey's approval. "I feel better. I think we'll be just fine. Somehow."
Cosmo Barbary
Cosmo Barbary
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Audrey Montague Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:12 pm

Audrey watched Penny assessing everything in her head, and she knew that Penny would work things out and calm herself down. She was rational, and she's known these threats since they were children. As a woman, Penny knew, just as Audrey did, that these things were likely from the time they started learning what was expected of them. But that didn't make it any less tragic.

Audrey looked at Penny's freshly painted nails. "Perfect." she smiled, and showed her's as well. She smiled reassuringly, "And of course we will. We always are." Audrey said with a laugh. It was true though, they had both gone through a lot, and they'd always made it through.

"So, no more! All this sad talk. Nonsense! It's our first girls night in forever. No more." She said, with a giggle and a huge smile. She was was stressed enough, and she needed sometime of happiness before the weekend was over. "We should go to Hogsmead this weekend. I need to shop." she said with an eyeroll and a laugh.
Audrey Montague
Audrey Montague
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Barbary Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Audrey expressed her approval over her nails, eliciting a smile out of Penny's usually troubled expression. Audrey showed her own off and Penny said, "Cute!" Penny capped her bottle of nail polish and stowed it away in the drawer in her bedside table, smiling back at Audrey at her reassuring words.

She only had, now, to try and forget all that had suddenly come to a plaguing crux in the forefront of her worrier brain. If she gave it any thought, even a moment's, she was liable to feel that ever-present anxiety rise to a threatening crescendo and slowly press down on her. Penny was not sure how she could endeavor to forget such a troubling concept that would surely affect her for the rest of her life, but she knew her greatest hope was in putting it out of her mind.

Audrey, however, was always quick to suggest the best distractions. She, too, wanted to put gloomy talk far from the two of them, and suggested a shopping weekend. Penny's eyes brightened - that was the one plus to being a pureblood, all the spare money for clothes. "Yes!" she breathed. "That sounds like the best thing ever!"
Cosmo Barbary
Cosmo Barbary
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Audrey Montague Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:57 am

Audrey yawned and stretched her shoulders. It was only about midnight, but Audrey was barely managing to stay up past eleven with her school and social schedules. She put up her long hair and popped open a soda can, hoping the caffeine would keep her from becoming a zombie to early in the night.
She smiled hopefully. "When do you want to go? Tomorrow or next weekend? I've been dying for some new clothes." she said excitedly. She probably needed more than just clothes, but that's the first thing on her mind when shopping was in the equation. "Any one else you'd like to go?" She asked, remembering how long it'd been since Penny and Audrey had hung out. She was sure Penny had more of a social life then their occasional girl nights. "Speaking of, how's your sister? I haven't seen her around much either."
Audrey Montague
Audrey Montague
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Barbary Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:28 am

Penny immediately blurted, "Tomorrow. Please tomorrow." Rational thought began to rise above her initial desire to do only what she wanted, rather than the prudent and she said, "Actually, I should probably work on my Potions essay. It's finished, but I should probably edit it..." She trailed off, as the ever-present academic anxiety began to rear its ugly head. "No. I'll go shopping. My flats broke anyway, so I need to go." She smiled.

Anyone she wanted to invite? lol no No, Penny's social attitude was to stay out of everyone's way as much as humanly possible, and inviting more people seemed to be the very opposite of what she would like to do. "No, I'm sure the other girls will track us down anyway." She gestured towards the other girls.

Audrey brought up Shadow and Penny sighed. "She's... ignorant. She runs around, doing foolish things, acting like nothing will ever catch up to her. She's going to get herself and me, by extension, in trouble."
Cosmo Barbary
Cosmo Barbary
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Audrey Montague Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:39 am

Audrey smiled hugely. "Yes, we're going tomorrow. Even if I have to tear you away from potions. I need something cute to wear, and you need flats, and we need shopping." she stated seriously, but then started laughing at her friend's ever obsession with her flawless academics.

Audrey shrugged in the other girl's bed's general directions. She really couldn't careless if they came along. She was perfectly happy just shopping with Penny, she just wanted to give her the option. But she didn't really think Penny would say anyone even before she asked. And either way, they both knew girl time was almost always meant for just the two of them, and they'd probably have more fun this way.

She shook her head at hearing about Shadow. "She'll shape up. You are good to her, you have nothing to be punished for. She's a smart girl. We all have our wild faze, but she'll come out of it like everyone does." Audrey said, nodding reassuringly. She didn't like hearing about Shadow like this. No matter her own opinions on Shadow's behavior, she knew it upset Penny, and that's what matters.
Audrey Montague
Audrey Montague
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Barbary Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:22 am

Penny smiled, glad Audrey was strong willed enough to talk her into things like shopping. Penny knew she needed time to relax and have fun, but her anxious behavior often became her own worst enemy. She needed someone persistent like Audrey to appeal to that lost voice inside of her that was constantly screaming for some sort of break, some sort of escape from all of her daily pressure.

She grinned a little as Audrey made it clear she didn't care for the presence of their dormmates. "Maybe we can ditch them." So innocent a plan, and yet she felt the thrill of the conniving spirit flare inside of her. She got her little kicks from these minuscule acts of rebellion - they kept her sane.

Penny sighed. "She doesn't understand that rebellion as this age could lead to dishonoring the entire family. She's being incredibly selfish." On the outside, it sounded like typical, pureblood prattle - how dare she stoop to the level of blood traitors?! But really, Penny's issue was one of fear and pride. She had worked so hard to prevent the very fate Shadow seemed to be striving towards, and Shadow seemed to be undoing all the work and sacrifice Penny had done. And if Shadow fell, she seemed determined to take Penny down with her.
Cosmo Barbary
Cosmo Barbary
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top