No place like home - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

No place like home - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

No place like home

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No place like home - Page 5 Empty Re: No place like home

Post by Alice Longbottom Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:05 am

Edgar only observed what was going on. The tension was so dense in this house it could be cut by a knife. He honestly didn't know what to do about it. Looking around the table he saw Frank sitting near him, having the same expression on his face. "I guess that means no Quidditch game then..." he said with a chuckle trying to lightening the mood even a bit. He watched as his mom just left the house without even saying anything, which worried him. "Should I go or will you?" he asked turning to his dad. Giving Susan her space was a smart idea but her acting this way wasn't the best sign exactly. So he felt like he shouldn't leave her alone just yet.

Alice raised her eyebrow at Amelia's comment. What did she know that could be so bad? "I doesn't matter if I like it or not. Just please tell me. All of it" said Alice almost pleading. In a time when it seemed like her family was falling apart she was desperate to keep her friendship with Amelia they way it was. She didn't want to ruin that as well.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:53 am

“I don’t think it would be a good idea right now,” said Ernie. He didn’t want anyone to get hurt. He saw Susan leave. He tried not to let it show, he missed being with Susan. He missed what they had as kids. He had come to see he loved her more than anything else in the world and he was so self-absorbed to let her get away. “You can go,” said Ernie. He wasn’t sure what he would say to Susan.

“First off he nearly hexed Drew, hit me, insulted me in detention and screwed up my date,” said Amelia. “And to be honest I don’t trust him, he’s going to use you Alice,” she said “I dated at Slytherin and learned my lesson,” she added. It wasn’t like she was stereotyping she had experienced.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:34 am

Edgar nodded his head and stoop up from his chair. It seemed that this was a really rough period for his family. Both for the Longbottoms and the Macmilans. But the fact that his parents were still obeying the code of we are 'separated' now made things even more ridiculous. He knew Susan well and he was sure she still felt something for his dad and vice a versa. But they weren't doing anything about it. To him that was stupid and childish. And although he wanted nothing more than to have his family back together, he didn't dare to interfere. Her mom's temper was not something to be messed with.

He went outside and found his mom leaning against the wall with her eyes clothes. "Are you alright?" he asked, not being able to mask the concern in his voice. Everyone was on the edge today and he understood that. But Susan was especially anxious and that made him worried.

Alice listened to Amelia's words and her mouth opened in shock. "He hit you! What do you mean he hit you? When did this happen?" she asked, barely believing that something like that could happen. "He screwed up your date? Oh Amelia I'm really sorry I am" started Alice for some reason apologizing instead of Andrei. "I'll walk to him alright? That's not going to happen again I promise. I know that I might be taking a big risk here but I really think it's worth it. I have to give him a change Amelia, I want to"
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:52 am

Susan wouldn’t admit what she was feeling even to herself. From what she felt for Ernie to the fact she was scared. She was scared of this new time era. All the death threats were scaring her. It almost made her want to quit the Daily Prophet. She almost wanted to leave the country. The last time she was this scared for her life she was teenager and she just isn’t as a young anymore.

“I’m fine. I just needed some air,” Susan lied. She kept seeing images of what happened to her Aunt and feared at this rate that would be her family. She didn’t want that but she felt like everything was out of control. She couldn’t tell her son that, adult or not.

“You know as in a muggle brawl, I don’t know not too longer before break,” said Amelia. She was glad Alice was at least identifying that he wasn’t perfect. She knew just how much control a boy can get but it seemed like Alice still had some control. “Don’t apologize for him,” Amelia stated in a firm tone. “Alice just watch yourself all Slytherin boys yearn for power and when they get that power over you sometimes you don’t even know they have power over you. I’ve been there,” said Amelia.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Edgar didn't buy what his mom was saying at all, but he still nodded his head. After all, what could he really do? Force the truth out of her? No that wouldn't be effective at all. But he could see the worry creep into every single movement she made. And it has been a while like this, not just today. He thought that it was because of something more than they were telling him. Of course the times were rough and not exactly worry free, but something more was going on he just knew it. "Alright. Do you want me to stay here with you?" he asked revealing the worry in his tone as he spoke.

Alice nodded her head when Amelia spoke. She knew it was true, she could sense it coming. But there was nothing she could do about it. She loved him, no more was like addicted to him with every fiber in her being. She yearned for him and needed him to survive. A mere month ago she would think that was ridiculous but right now that was what she felt. "I know you are right. And I might get burned from this. He might end up being nothing but trouble. But I just can't be without him. I swear I don't know why. I don't have a choice in the matter do you understand? I know it sounds silly and probably even crazy. But that's what I am right now. I'm crazy about him. Oh Merlin help me, but I would do anything for him. I just want us to work in any was possible. And I'm ready to fight for him, for us. I'm not sure we even have a future. But right now I just can't let him go" said Alice speaking completely honestly for the first time in a long time.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:51 am

“You may stay if you want,” said Susan. She started to wonder how her father managed this back in his day. She finally understood why nearly her whole family was dead. Trying to make a difference in the world came with a heavy price tag, a price Susan wasn’t willing to pay. She understood why her father hates the Ministry so much; it has taken both of his siblings away and wasn’t there to protect his parents. Susan was torn between her logic and her heart. She knew what happens after revolution: chaos, fear, killing, fanatics and drastic changes. She also felt like the Ministry was failing to do the one thing she asked of it to do ‘to protect her family’.

“Your father would hate for me to say this but the whole wizarding society will collapse if the fight against the Ministry wins but if the Ministry wins things will always be the same. I’ve seen what happens after revolutions and it isn’t pretty. I’m not sure I’m sticking around in England this time. I’m too old for this. Edgar it’s you, Claire and Jessica now not me or your father. Soon it will be Amelia and Drew too. This is your generation’s battle not mine,” said Susan. “Your father is going to get himself killed one of these days if he doesn’t realize this soon,” she added with a sigh.

Amelia didn’t nearly know as much about pureblood families as her parents did but she did remember talking to her grandparents before they died when she was a first or second year, she couldn’t quite remember. But Andrei wouldn’t do anything like that would he. “What do you guys even do together?” asked Amelia. She was trying to gather info without being obvious. She was going to do whatever she could to protect Alice.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Edgar nodded his head and leaned against the wall next to him mum. He listened to her words carefully and knew she was right, this was not their battle. Susan had enough clear sense to realize that. But he doubted a lot of parents and even members of his family would completely agree with that. "I think that would be for the best. If things fall apart like people are saying it will, England will not be a very welcoming place for any of us" he said with a sigh. But he certainly wasn't ready to just give up on everything and leave. His parents and fought their own war and have won. Now it's time for his generation to do the same.

"I don't want you to worry about me. Or about any of us. I'll make sure our family is safe and doesn't get too deep into this. Patience is key here I believe. We mustn't rush anything before we know what will happen for sure." This was definitely not the time to play the hero part, as it could affect his whole family's safety as well as his own. That didn't mean Edgar would be fine with just doing nothing. When it comes to it, he knew what his role would be and how he could be useful. "When... if actually... you're forced to choose sides, where would you stand?" he asked. Edgar would certainly be the one routing for demolishing the ministry, but then against most of the youth had his rebellious nature.

"We practice a lot to tell you the truth. Andrei has been helping me with a few things, dueling included. I'm getting quite good at it now. Before I have been terrible, the clumsiest person in our year. You would be surprised how a little bit of practice can go a long way" Alice said with a smile. She was quite proud of what she has accomplished but of course she could have never done it without Andrei's help. "Other than that I guess just hang out. Sleep as well" she said shrugging her shoulders.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Neville noticed Ernie was being quite. He knew Susan was upset. It was obvious to him that Ernie still loves her. He knew it may only be a short time before Ernie tries to get Susan back. He knew that it wouldn’t be that big of a battle. It was hilarious to watch his friends act this way. It was like when they were seventeen.

“I know I shouldn’t worry but you don’t know what it’s like to lose nearly all of your family. I refuse to let history repeat,” cooed Susan. She didn’t want to lose any of her kids. She’d rather give her own life then let any of her kids die. Maybe being away from Ernie was making her change. She had a feeling the only reason they were apart now was that they both hit their mi d-life crisis at the same time. She hadn’t even talked about having any more kids after Drew yet that was a main reason she left. What was she going to do try to have a kid now? She’s forty five years old, so many risks but yet she still wanted to it. “I will stand against the Ministry. I don’t like that the Ministry has destroyed what my aunt had worked so hard to make,” said Susan.

“If you honestly wanted to learn to duel why didn’t you ask our parents? My dad is a great person to ask because he teaches things you can’t learn at any wizarding schools because they are banned. Too dangerous, too touchy; he told me. They are spells he knows that so old that not many people even know their purposes anymore,” said Amelia. She adored her father’s skill in dueling. He was naturally good at it. He knew so much. “Sure, you ‘sleep’,” laughed Amelia.
N Longbottom

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:41 am

"It won't. It's not like the last time. This time is different said Edgar shaking his head and truly hoping that his words were right. Even if the times were a bit different now, war was still a war. And that brought great dangers along with it. But he believed, that his family and him were prepared for it better than most and they could expect what was going to happen next. "I'm glad to hear that" he said with a smile. He guessed his mother would pick that side, but it was better to know for sure. He felt relived that they were on the same side because after all this whole Ministry business can be rather tricky at times with the supporters and opposition not clearly defined.

"I couldn't do that! Then your dad would tell my dad or worse my mom. Not that I doubt your dad could keep a secret but I don't think he could keep it from my parents, it wouldn't be right. And I can only imagine how they would react if they knew I was learning something as dangerous as this. They would go crazy! I mean my mo doesn't like me flying on a broom because she thinks I'm going to fall off. Imagine if she heard about this. But still...I would really appreciate your dad's guidance on the whole thing if you think it can be done discretely enough. I'm sure he would help a lot" said Alice getting excited at the idea of having a proper mentor in her dueling.

Alice opened her mouth in pure shock as Amelia laughed at her words. What was she accusing her of exactly? "Amelia! What do you mean by that?" she asked with her cheeks getting all red and her eyes going down to the floor. Alice was the type who had trouble discussing dating, let alone more private subjects such as this one. "No, I mean we sleep. When we're tired" she tried to explain again but rather clumsily. "We haven't....done you know...that yet..." she said very shyly.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:47 am

"Edgar, war is one thing you haven't faced. So many deaths and loses. No one is ever ready for war," said Susan. War was one thing that had torn everything apart but yet brought people together. She had tried so hard to keep this from happening. It was too much to take.

"My dad barely speaks to your parents these days.Too busy with life. If there are two people in the world that can handle your parents it would be mine. My pa isn't scared of your father, they've known each other since their were first years but they weren't ever good friends. My pa wouldn't say a thing," said Amelia. She knew that it was true.

Amelia couldn't stop laughing. It was so funny. Alice looked like a train had hit her. "Alice, I was just teasing you," said Amelia once she could stop laughing. She couldn't help not shaking her head at how innocent Alice is.
N Longbottom

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top