No place like home - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

No place like home - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

No place like home

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No place like home - Page 3 Empty Re: No place like home

Post by Alice Longbottom Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:29 am

Alice smiled widely as her brother talked about his job. She was always very proud of what he had become but also a bit jealous. Just of the fact that he knew what he wanted to do and was very good at it as well. In comparison, she seemed to be quite lost really, just in the middle of everything. But hopefully her young age has something to do with it. She giggled when their mother overheard the conversation. "Exactly. Try having a social life here over the holidays, nearly impossible" she said with a chuckle.

Taking a glimpse at the stew on the stove, she figured dinner was nearly ready. "Lets tell everyone to sit down, I'm pretty sure it will be done soon" said Alice moving to the dinning room. She overheard Neville and Ernie's talking about Quidditch and she chuckled as her father mentioned his injury. It was still hard for her to imagine him as clumsy as he would describe his childhood to her. "You should do it that, it would be fun! We can have a family Quidditch game and everything. I'll be on your team if you want" suggested Alice with a grin. A family game would definitely be entertaining as no one in her family liked to lose and seeing them be competitive against each other is just an amusing idea by itself.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:40 am

With a pop Edgar appeared dragging Amelia along with him. “Stop being a brat,” said Edgar. “I’ll give you being a brat,” sad Amelia glaring at Edgar. “Dad, Edgar broke my door!” whined Amelia. “It’s easy to fix doors,” said Ernie. “He’s still annoying,” said Amelia. “She’s still a brat,” said Edgar. “Quit it! Edgar act your age!” snapped Ernie. “You yell at me but not her,” said Edgar. “I’m the one who is an adult,” he added. “My point act like an adult,” scolded Ernie.

Amelia ran off into the kitchen to help cook though all she did was ask questions. She did like to bake but baking and cooking are very different. She really hoped Hannah and Susan let her help with desert. She pretended to ignore Edgar when he stuck his tongue out at her. “Believe it or not Edgar you’re going to miss that,” said Frank. “I know. I’m fine with her when she’s not all hormonal. She was so much easier to deal with last year,” said Edgar.

Susan and Amelia started chatting in their own language which Hannah didn’t really understand but they worked well together.

“Maybe we will after dinner just for the fun of deflating your ego Ernie,” teased Neville. “Oh boy here we go,” said Edgar. “Now you’re on,” said Ernie. “They’re going to kill themselves mum,” said Edgar. “It might be fun. It’s been a while since I played Quidditch,” said Susan as she brought out food with Amelia tailing behind her. “If I join in I swear whoever knocks me off my broom will pay,” said Hannah.

((Can you take over Edger to make this more even? How would we do a Quidditch game?))
N Longbottom

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:25 pm

Alice watched as Amelia was almost dragged into the room by her older brother and they as usually started a quarrel. But she didn't mind, she was just happy that Amelia had finally come as Christmas wouldn't be the same without her. She followed Amelia into the kitchen and gave her a long hug "Amelia! I thought you wouldn't come. I'm so glad you did!" she said hugging her with a grin on her lips. It was obvious that she was still upset about what happened so maybe talking would help her.

"Are you alright though? Your dad told me something about a date? Who were you on a date with? And why was it ruined?" asked Alice going a bit deeper in the kitchen and lowering her voice a bit so the rest of the house wouldn't hear what they were talking.

The idea of a Quidditch match immediately brought excitement and competition into the room. "We can divide into two teams so it's fair. The Longbottom's against the Macmilan's perhaps?" suggested Edgar with a smile. He knew this would bring the rivalry onto a whole new level. And besides, it was definitely the most entertaining family activity he could think of.

(Will do! We can divide into two teams I guess, each gets one. It doesn't have to be Longbottoms against Macmilans, we can be mixed as well. I don't really mind either way)
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:51 am

Amelia pulled away. She didn’t want to be hugged. “I was on a date with Lance Corner if you must know and let’s say a certain someone has no regards for manners,” she said trying not to sound cold. She didn’t want to talk about it. If she was going to talk about it will be with her mum.

“Alice dear I don’t think Amelia doesn’t want to talk about it right now,” said Hannah. “It’s best not to bush it. She’ll talk if and when she wants to,” she added. She could recall one date that Susan had acted like that and to this day Hannah doesn’t know what happened.

“That sounds good,” said Frank. Nothing like a bit of friendly Quidditch competition.
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:28 pm

"Oh" said Alice lowering her head down and nodding her head. Since Amelia wasn't really the type to share her feelings, she was trying to be understanding. Someone must have really ruined her day for her to behave this way. "Yes, I know it's alright. I was just trying to help" said Alice turning her head to Hannah and shrugging her shoulders. She had to learn that sometimes it was best to be left alone for a while. Merlin knows that was something Alice needed many times before.

"You're on then. After dinner of course as mum would go mad if we missed out on her soup" Edgar said with a chuckle as he took his seat at the table. The food was now served and it was finally time to eat.

"Did I hear something about a Quidditch match? Are we really doing it? Can't believe you convinced my dad to play" Alice said with a chuckle as she threw her dad an innocent grin. She knew that he wasn't comfortable with flying because of some injuries he had back when he was a kid. But hopefully with this game he could get over that, because he really had no reason to be worried.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:55 am

“It’s not my soup! It’s from your grandmother, I just cook it!” Susan called hearing Edgar from two rooms away. She settled down in her chair. Amelia to the right side of Susan.

“I’m going to but I have a feeling half of us are going to end up in St. Mungo’s by the end,” sand Neville as he pulled Hannah out of the kitchen. “Quit fussing and eat,” said Neville. Hannah huffed and glared at him.

“Just like the gold old times,” said Ernie sitting down next to Susan. Amelia would have rolled her eyes before last night but he had proved himself worth of respect again. She had never had stopped respected him it was just the only way she knew to get her point across, which her father still didn’t get. No one said he was brightest bulb in the pack.

Frank sat down trying to decide what he wanted first. So much food and after having tuna and sandwiches for the past six months it made it hard to choose. “You’ve been on the old tuna and sandwich diet having you, I remember that. I can tell from the way you’re looking at the food,” said Neville nudging Frank with his fork. “Unfortunately yes,” said Frank. “That means you’re doing spy work. I did that for a while until I was needed here more than there. It’s a good thing to do just don’t ever agree to go to France, they aren’t very friendly to outsiders,” said Neville remembering France. “And your father has a warrant out for his arrest there, hence why we don’t go to France,” said Hannah. “They dislike spies more than outsiders,” Neville said with a chuckle.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:21 pm

"Spy work??" asked Alice with a wide grin between bites. She had overheard her father talking to Frank about his job and that was enough to spark her interest. Although she was always curious about the job of an Auror and similar professions, whenever her brother would be around that curiosity grew even more. It was funny to think that her brother was an Auror, let alone one on an important mission. She had always seen him as her silly older brother, never really an adult. "Still can't believe my brother would get a job like that" Alice said with a chuckle.

She never wanted to be rude, just to tease her brother a little bit. Besides, thinking of him as a serious adult wizard was something that she never could do. "Dad, can have a trip of some kind? Maybe we all could be that lucky with free time and join in" she suggested. Leaving Hogwarts, or even better leaving England sounded wonderful. And with her family a trip like that would even more fun. Honestly, she was jealous of her parents and now her brother as well that they traveled all across the world and got to experience many adventures. Hogwarts was her biggest adventure so far, which she though really wasn't fair.

"The soup is great by the way Susan" said Alice with a smile. She had almost forgotten the value of a true home cooked meal.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:18 am

Hannah cleared her throat glaring at her son and husband who just smiled back. Sometimes it was just creepy how closely they were alike. It didn’t really matter since half of the group knew about being an Auror. She honestly believed this house was bugged still so many years since the war; she had been more suspicious since the attack pm Diagon Alley

“It’s not like anyone here doesn’t know what Aurors do. It may be a bit darker these days but who can blame people for being worried,” said Frank “I’ve seen why they should be worried.” Neville sighed as much as he tried in the past to keep things right in the world he knew it was impossible to do. Deep down he knew he couldn’t stop history from repeating and it bothered him since he knew how dark the past was.

“We will Alice, I promised you didn’t I,” said Neville. He had a bigger trip planned for Spring break but maybe he could imagine a little something. One look from Ernie and he knew exactly what he could do but it would have to wait to find out.

Susan was quietly eating. She had to admit she felt out of place these days mostly because she was. It seemed that the Daily Prophet was taking her toll on her. She wasn’t the same person she had been. She was more nervous and worried then she ever had been before. She saw the signs of what’s coming and she didn’t need any special gifts to figure it out.

“Mum, are you okay?” asked Amelia “Alice just complimented your soup.” “Oh sorry dear, thank you Alice,” replied Susan. Amelia’s eyes never left her mother. Something was up. All of the adults seemed odd to be honest. Something told her that there was something bigger going on.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Amelia wasn't the only one who had noticed the strange behavior in the room. Edgar was finishing his soup as he looked around the room. His mother seemed distracted to say the least. Amelia seemed worried and as confused as he was. One glance to the Longbottom side showed him that part of the table wasn't any different. It seemed more than just the usual worry their parents had about these times. He was missing something and he wasn't quite sure what it was.

"Yes, you did" said Alice with a smile just remembering that her dad did mention it before. However, that was a long time ago and it made Alice sad even to think about it. It was only a few months ago but it seemed she had grown up so much since then. She didn't know anything about her family history and the war before then. Andrei was not around or the whole drama that came with him and her biggest problem was finishing homework on time.

"It's fine Susan" said Alice nodding her head and smiled at Susan. This dinner was getting even weirder than she had expected. There wasn't a fight or argument to make everything awkward. There was something even worse, silence. You could feel the worrisome atmosphere around the table and Alice had a feeling she had missed something. Perhaps as always, something had happened and she was 'shield' from the truth. Well it wouldn't be the first time something like that would happen. Something was bothering everyone at the table and it became even more obvious after their meals. "What's going on?" she asked in a low voice, pushing her elbow into her brothers hip next to her. Frank might know what was happening around here.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:20 am

Ernie felt the need to speak up. The kids had to know. They weren’t little kids anymore. He knew no one else was going to do it so he would. “There is talk of a rebellion against the Ministry. They are failing to protect us and to keep the wizarding community going. Look what is happening in Scotland, they aren’t doing anything for those farmers up there. Then the fire in Diagon Alley, there was so many lives that were taken that could be alive today. People are fed up,” said Ernie. Hannah nearly threw a knife at Ernie, she was furious that he had just gone and said that.

“Maybe they aren’t what they used to be but the second we overthrow them Death Eaters will rise to try to take over. I really don’t want to see what will happen in a world like that,” said Susan. “Honestly, I’ve lost hope in the Ministry and the Order,” said Neville. “If you guys are asking me to declare that I don’t support the Ministry, I can’t do that I have to keep my personal believes out of the Daily Prophet!” snapped Susan. “Does anyone understand how hard it is to keep the Daily Prophet going without pissing off the wrong people? One of these days I’m going to piss off the wrong people and Merlin knows what will happen then! Look to the past and we all know what happens when you piss off the wrong people!” snapped Susan getting up and walking away. She was fuming.

Amelia just stared in shock. Oh the joys of Christmas. She had never thought about the pressure her mum was under and felt guilty. She certainly wasn’t making it any easier. She got up and fallowed her mother. So she was a bit of a momma’s girl but then again she was a daddy’s girl too so it balances out.
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top