A Christmas surprise - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Christmas surprise - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Christmas surprise

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Christmas surprise - Page 3 Empty Re: A Christmas surprise

Post by Alice Longbottom Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 am

Listening to her dad shout, she flinched back and moved away. She had only once seen him this mad and that time he broke a chair in the headmaster's office. Although he seemed even more furious right now if that was possible. Her head started spinning as her mood swing started again. They were very common lately, especially in stressful situations. But that was something Alice couldn't recognize in herself, and she ignored it when others pointed it out. Now she was just mad at the world and in five seconds, who knows, she would probably be mad at her brother for no apparent reason.

Seeing her dad raise his wand, she knew right then and there that she had to pick a side. It was obvious to her what was the right choice. But something foreign and strong was pulling her the other way. She resisted for a while as much as she could, until it completely took over her. Grasping her wand, she walked in between them and stood in front of Andrei as protection.

"Don't do this" Alice said in a surprisingly cold voice, as she shook her head. "Don't" she repeated heavily as she slightly raised her wand, getting ready for whatever may come next. It was insane to stand against her own father this way, but her own body didn't give her any choice at the moment.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:23 pm

He held his wand as tightly as he could, as Neville started to shout. Now he had two Longbottoms threatening him and he didn't like his odds at all. But why was this happening? This situation should be reversed. He took a few deep breaths and stepped back. He was aware he wouldn't do well against a raging Order member in his own house, so perhaps it was better to just leave.

Just as he was giving up, Alice walked up to him and stood in front of him. It took him a while to realize what was happening as it was truly astonishing. She was forced to pick sides and she chose him. Andrei gave Neville a victorious grin and he knew she was all his from now on. He had won. "Darling, there's no need. I was on my way out", said Andrei as he gently put his hand on hers and lowered her wand.

"Daddy's little girl, huh?", he asked her with a teasing smirk. "Don't worry about me, I'll be just fine. Rest as much as you can and I will see you later", he said and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. His plan had worked out perfectly. Now he had to make sure she could handle it - health wise. Grabbing the end of his broom that was on the floor, he mounted it and soon disappeared through the window where he came from.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:06 am

Neville had seen strange things happen but this was about the strangest and he didn’t like this at all. There was something not right. This wasn’t his Alice. He took a moment to try to figure it all out. When did Andrei start working at the Leaky Cauldron? Right after Neville was at Hogwarts. It all seemed odd to him. Maybe Hannah and Susan were right. This boy was nothing but trouble.

“Mind explaining what just happened? You were holding you wand at him for one second then the next standing in front of him,” Neville said calmly. He wasn’t mad at Alice, he was mad at himself for not seeing it until now. He would wait until Alice went to bed but he was going to tell Susan whom obviously would tell Amelia. The last thing he needed Alice to know was that he was using one of her closest friends to spy on her. He knew deep down Amelia would do more than just spy she’d kill the boy or at least send him to St. Mungo’s if it came down to it.

Neville send out his patronus to retrieve Hannah from the Macmillans. He was going to tell her everything but he knew how to approach this. If it came down to it he was going to talk to people in the Order. Something was not right and he had an idea of what. Being raised a pureblood wizard had its perks at the moment. The boy thought he was getting away with something but he has no idea the storm he had created by coming here tonight.
N Longbottom

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:51 am

With a quick flash, Andrei had left and she was now alone with her father. Alice stared at the wand in her hand and she placed it on her night desk. She didn't know why but she felt a lot better when she wasn't holding it anymore. Her dad, much to her surprise, didn't seem all that mad. Just confused and somewhere deep in his thoughts. It was normal and expected for him to ask of an explanation, but Alice couldn't give him one. She couldn't even explain her actions to her self.

She bit her lip and just shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know..." she said with a heavy sigh. She knew that wasn't much of a response but it was the best she could do. "Why were you pointing your wand at him in the first place?" she started as another mood swing came her way. "I invited him over dad. He came to see me. He bought me a gift! But you come here and threaten him like that. Why would you do that? I'm not saying that he behaved well either. But you and mom are supposed to be adults here. Not chasing my friends out of the house" she said frustrated shaking her head.

She sat on her bed and crossed her legs. Why was this so complicated? Things were not supposed to turn out this way. Another headache attacked her which made concentration even more difficult. "I know you don't like him. I know he's not perfect or what you would want for me. I don't expect you to understand or even to be polite. All I'm asking is for you to try. Please, dad. For my sake, please. Can't you see it means a lot to me?" said Alice with her eyes wide and her voice soft.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:36 pm

Neville said nothing just took it in. He had to take in everything he did and how she acted. He wanted to take in all the information he could, who said Auror training was worthless. He may not be an Auror anymore but he did at least learn how to observe.

“Alice, I never said I wanted someone who is perfect for you I’m just trying to protect you. Ask Amelia if you want to know why, she could tell you in great detail. It doesn’t make sense now but one day it will,” he said. “I don’t understand what is going on with you but I will find out one way or another,” he added.

Neville heard Hannah crash into something in the kitchen. She had never really mastered apparition. Hannah was up next to him in a matter of seconds. He could tell instantly tell that somehow Susan had calmed Hannah down once again.

“Hannah for once just talk to her, I need to make a few owls. Let’s put it this way I need to talk to some people. Just please don’t mention anything about what happened for our sake. And don’t wait up for me I’m going to be in the study late tonight,” whispered Neville in Hannah ear.

“Of course, love,” Hannah said playfully slapping Neville forearm. Neville smiled at Hannah, she had gotten so good at covering stuff up it was scary.
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:27 am

Alice didn't like what Neville said at all. She had a feeling that he would go on digging for some reasonable explanation, even if nothing is there. And that could only create even more problems. "One way or another? Dad... I will tell you what's going on. You don't need to go around searching for the truth. I really like him. And I can't help that I do" she said finally admitting it both to him and to herself. This was the first time she had said it out loud and it made sense.

"You still didn't tell me you would try" Alice said with a sigh, realizing it's a lost case. She would just have to live with the fact that in her parents' eyes, she had picked the worst possible guy. "Why don't you just try asking me next time, instead of threatening people?"

Her mother came back and she heard them whispering. She rolled her eyes only imagining what they were talking about. Well Alice was right about one thing, it sure was the awkward Christmas holiday she had expected.

Another large headache rushed through her skull and she had to sit down and lean to the wall. Since her father was on his way out, she guessed that Hannah was her designated baby sitter of the night. Oh joy.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:33 am

Neville was pretending not to listen to Alice but we were hearing every word. He knew that neither of them were going to get anywhere in this debate. It was a stalemate. He didn’t want another yelling match whether it was one way or two ways. He was tired of fighting.

“Neville, I suppose you’ll be getting quite a letter from Amelia. Someone interrupted her date and she was not very happy when I was there. I was surprised she didn’t storm out of the house to even out the score,” said Hannah “I’m sure she’ll give you ever little detail of the disruption to you like she did to Susan to me. It’s scary how much she reminded me of a young Susan right there,” said Hannah with a slight laugh.

“Well, I suppose I better stock up on some Firewhisky then,” he said in a tone that was only loud enough for Hannah to hear. He remembered how passionate the younger Susan was. Back in their seventh year she thought she would never shut up. She really wanted a piece of the Carrows that was for sure. To this day he still doesn’t know if she ever got that piece of them.

“If you need me I will be in the kitchen or living room,” Hannah said. When she was able to remind herself of her teenage years she was able to handle Alice better. She didn’t quite understand Alice but that’s part of being a parent. You don’t understand your kids it’s how you handle that challenge in being able to understand. She knew if Alice wanted to talk to her she would if not she wasn’t going to force it. Forcing anything never turned out right. “Sometimes it is bliss not to know the ugly truth but sometimes that bliss is dangerous. That change from out of the bliss is when you finally grow up,” she said sounding a bit more like a fortune cookie then she had meant to. “You don’t believe your father and I ask Frank and Amelia. They know just how dangerous it can be and have gotten burned by it,” she stated as she turned and went downstairs.
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:04 am

She tried to listen attentively to her mother's words as she was sure than they were indeed wise and good advice. Her mother only wanted her the best after all. But what she had just said didn't make any sense to her. Alice wasn't hiding from any ugly truth, in her mind she was seeing things quite clearly in fact. Why was everyone around her being so suspicious of the silliest things? It's not like she has a conspiracy plot on her head or anything. Not that she could explain that to the rest of the family.

Even after admitting to herself how naturally naive she was, which was quite a bit, she still didn't find anything that disturbing in this situation. Sure it wasn't perfect, but then again no part of life ever is. She only saw herself as a girl who was somehow stuck with the wrong guy. And who had often headaches, mood swings and nightmares. She credited all that to the recent stress, both in her family and in school because that just made sense.

Alice smiled when she mentioned Frank. She had missed her big brother and was so excited to see him again. It was difficult for her to be without him for so long, especially that he was always there when she needed him. A frown came about her face when she thought about going to bed. She was exhausted, but definitely wasn't looking towards the usual nightmares. So she snuck out of her room and headed into Frank's. The room was empty anyway, and he had a much more comfy bed and just a safer feeling room. She took off all of her jewelry including the black snakes Andrei had gave her and she quickly fell asleep.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:12 am

It was late that night when Hannah felt Neville slip into bed next to her. Instantly she cuddled up to him. She had such a hard time going to sleep when he wasn’t next to her. That’s why she hated it so much when he is gone. She admits she needs time away at times but without him at night just wasn’t right.

“I’m sorry about earlier,” Hannah whispered. “I blew up too. It’s just so frustration. I just feel like I’m losing Alice. I won’t let her slip away from me. No one is going to take her away from me before she is ready and she isn’t ready. She’s only fourteen; she isn’t ready for the world. I don’t want her ending up growing up too fast like Amelia,” Neville sighed. “Maybe Frank can talk to her better then we can,” said Hannah resting her head on Neville’s chest. “I hope so. He should be getting in tomorrow from Germany. You should tell him everything before he sees Alice. I won’t be home when he gets here, I have to talk to a few people but I promise I will be home by noon,” said Neville. “That’s fine,” said Hannah yawning. “I love you, you know,” said Neville. “I know. You would never let me forget and I love you too no matter how angry I get at you sometimes,” said Hannah. Neville smiled softly. “Go to sleep,” said Neville. Within seconds Hannah was asleep and after a few minutes so was Neville.

((Want to end it here?))
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:40 am

(Yeah, I think we're done here)
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor