What use is History when you've lived it? - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

What use is History when you've lived it? - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

What use is History when you've lived it?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What use is History when you've lived it? - Page 2 Empty Re: What use is History when you've lived it?

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:31 am

Marguerite sighed. She had guessed that the conversation would go this route, and she had always found it quite pointless to argue. Mortals, especially young mortals, just did not understand. She regarded Hitame for a few moments. The girl was not like the boy from over a century ago. She had a young body, but her eyes were old. She had to grow up too fast, and she didn't love life like her golden-haired love had. Still....would lengthening her miserable life help anything? Be it another 50 or another 500 years, would she find happiness in time?

"I have been asked before," Marguerite replied softly, "yet I have never consented. Most want to be turned merely because they think it would be...how do you put it? ...'cool' to live for an eternity. Mortals have the tendency to focus on one aspect without taking into consideration the whole picture. There is just no way to prepare someone for living the life of a vampire. I'm sorry."

Marguerite lapsed into silence. Normally, she would worry nothing for the feelings for other, but in this instance it was bothering her. She did not want the girl to believe that she was being so utterly dismissed. Perhaps....there was a way to help her come to the realization herself.

"I have a suggestion," Marguerite said to her, "If breaking school rules do not trouble you, accompany me to the Forbidden Forest this weekend. I will show you that life as a vampire is not as glamorous as many mortals may think. Be sure to wear some garlic....I cannot always maintain full control of myself when under the bloodlust of a hunt."
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

What use is History when you've lived it? - Page 2 Empty Re: What use is History when you've lived it?

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Marguerite's answer had been just what Hitamé had been expecting. She knew that the answer would be a no, even if it was a different way of saying it. No Vampire ever wanted to turn someone else, even if they were asked too. If they ever did do it, it was something that they regretted afterwards, because they'd take the life away from someone they cared about. Hitamé understood how hard the decision could be, and she knew that she asked it the answer would always be the same.

The girl lowered her head after Marguerite spoke, thinking about everything she said. There was no way to prepare anyone for the life of a Vampire, no matter how much you explained it. The only thing you can say is that it was hard, but no one would really know how hard anything was until they lived it. That was the hard part though, getting someone to actually help you with living that part.

She immediately lifted her head when Marguerite started speaking again. "Alright, I'll do it." she nodded. "The rules are the last things that matter to me." she whispered softly. She blinked a few times when Marguerite said to wear garlic, and nodded just to make the girl happy. She grabbed the side of her left arm and rubbed it gently, looking down at the piece of parchment with nothing written on it.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:12 am

Eager to move past this awkward conversation, and on to something a little more within her comfort zone, Marguerite leaned forward slightly to look at Hitame's parchment. Like herself, she noticed that the girl did not yet have anything written.

"Tough assignment you're working on?" she asked, smiling jauntily, "I myself am working on a foot long essay about the Salem Witch Trials, and why they had no impact on the Wizarding world. I think it to be a waste of parchment and ink. If it had no impact on the Wizarding world, why would we learn of it in a Wizarding school? If the professor is trying to guide the students into seeing how our inaction can impact the muggles, then I believe his is taking bark from the wrong tree. Too many students who don't care what happen to muggles, too naive to realize that what happens to muggles impacts wizards, whether they know it or not."

Marguerite fell into a frustrated silence, her mind once again on the useless paper she had been ordered to write. Sometimes she wondered whether it was even worth it to learn magic. Sure, it gave her more power, but she had managed without it for over five centuries, hadn't she?

((The fact she said 'taking bark from the wrong tree' is on purpose. Marguerite isn't very good at remembering today's turn-of-phrases. It's supposed to be 'barking up the wrong tree.' ))
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:29 pm

"I suppose it's a hard assignment. Since the professor insists that I can write a perfect essay, just like that." she answered with a snap of her fingers. Hitamé knew that she would want to move away from the conversation now, and she was willing to just let it go for now. There was no point in going any further with it, if it was only going to make Marguerite even more uncomfortable than she already was.

Hitamé tilted her head to the side slightly as she listened to what Marguerite was saying and she sighed. "Maybe he's just trying to show how frightened of our kind muggles can be. It might not have affect the Wizarding World, but it could be useful so we don't go exposing ourselves to muggles who could try to harm us because of what we are." she said. "Though ... I suppose most don't care about it anyways." she shrugged. She really didn't understand why the professor would assign something that didn't even affect their world, but she was just trying to get some reasoning for it.

... Taking bark from the wrong tree? she blinked a couple of times as she thought about that phrase. She'd never heard anyone say it before, but it sounded funny. Like that wasn't how you were supposed to say it. Hitamé looked at Marguerite for a moment before she got what she was trying to say and she tried to stiffle a giggle.

[OOC: Heh, Hit wouldn't try to correct her so I'll just try to keep her from doing that cx]
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:19 pm

"I myself am prepared to write my paper on how Wizards hide their identity more to keep muggles safe than themselves," Marguerite said a bit sourly, "What would a wizard do if caught and tried for witchcraft? Why, they'd magic themselves out of it. I even read once that a wizard allowed herself to be caught because she actually enjoyed being burned at the stake....I wonder....would she have been so thrilled had she seen the muggles who were tried and convicted of witchcraft? They could not merely perform a flame freezing charm, then pretend to shriek and cry in pain. They shrieked and cried in pain because they actually were in agony, and most definitely were not enjoying a wonderful tickling sensation."

Marguerite breathed in deeply, fluttering her eyes shut as she tried to drown out the vivid remembered images which rose into her head. She herself had been accused of witchcraft during that unpleasant time, and the one person who had been somewhat tolerant of her, bringing her remedies for her 'daytime ailment' she claimed to have, had been burned in her place. The populace had decided that since she consorted with the 'witch', that she must be a witch too. These stories she has come across where wizards are making light of the situation infuriated her. She felt that they viewed themselves above those muggle rabble, and while Marguerite didn't necessarily disagree in that matter, she felt strongly that the 'Lords' should protect their 'charges' against any and all harm.

"I apologize," Marguerite said once she was able to shake the thoughts from her head, "but too many wizards seem to be completely oblivious to the muggle world, and how our every action could potentially impact their life....as they could impact theirs. Muggles are the foundation wizards stand on. If there were no muggles, then wizard kind would very quickly die out."
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:49 pm

"It's okay." Hitamé responded when Marguerite apologized. "I sort of understand where you're coming from. I know that many witches and wizards are oblivious to the damage they may cause others, especially muggles, because of their decisions." she said, sort of indicating to what had happened to her adoptive parents because of what her biological parents had done. That could be used as something like a perfect example of how oblivious witches and wizards could be, but she wouldn't want it to be used. She was already ashamed enough of what her parents have done.

She sighed softly and looked at Marguerite. "Yet, there are people like the Death Eaters who enjoy killing muggles just because they can." she said sourly. That was part of the reason she joined Potter's Army. She didn't want the Death Eaters, or her parents, to cause anyone anymore pain. Even if they were supposedly out of the Death Eaters, she was sure that they wouldn't be able to stop doing something they'd done for so long and they would eventually go back, even if it meant them getting severly punished for leaving in the first place.

It made her sick. To think that her actual parents were nothing but lowly Death Eaters who wanted her to forgive them for leaving her and Naomi in an orphanage when they were newborns. And to forgive them for beingthe cause of the the deaths of their adoptive parents. She wasn't ever going to forgive them for that.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:54 pm

Marguerite sensed that her comments had lead Hitamé to be reviewing thoughts which she found to be distressing. Not wanting for conversation to become tense once more, Marguerite indicating Hitamé's blank parchment.

"Are you working on the essay for History of Magic, or have you been pinned with an essay from some other class? Perhaps we can trade assignments."

Marguerite chuckled, though she was only half-joking.
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:46 pm

"No, it's Divination actually." she replied to her question. "I honestly don't even know what she excepts me to write. I only had one good class since I started taking it." she sighed. Most of the time all she did in the class was sit around and sort of listen to what the professor said. Apparently, though, she was good at it. Even if she didn't know what was going on half the time.

Hitamé stared at the blank piece of parchment for a moment until Marguerite suggested they switch assignments. She laughed softly and nodded. "Oh yeah. At least I'd be able to give information without knowing what actually happened during that time." Hitamé grinned at her.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:09 am

"What is the theme of the essay?" Marguerite asked, her mind working.

She didn't know much about divination, but she was real good at making phony predictions. She had just started the class this year, and so far enjoyed being able to space out and just make up predictions later. She didn't feel that she really needed to know anything in the class, as it was all guesswork. You could never be wrong, and sometimes you may even be right!
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top