Visting - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Visting  - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Visting

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Visting  - Page 4 Empty Re: Visting

Post by N Longbottom Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:56 am

Neville ran a hand through Alice’s hair. It didn’t matter how old Alice was getting he would still hold her like this forever. He loved her so much then he could ever tell her. She meant the whole world to him. He would hold her close to his heart for longer then he would be alive.

“I wouldn’t say that bad genes. You just got some of both your mum’s and my bad traits. When I was a kid I thought I was made up of bad genes. I was clumsy, my magic abilities were slow developing and I was always so socially awkward. Then all of a sudden I wasn’t anymore, for the most part, “he said in a soft gentle tone.
N Longbottom

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:05 pm

"I doubt you were ever clumsy dad...you just always over exaggerate that part. Let alone awkward and bad at magic" Alice said through a laugh. She still never believed her father's story when he said that. Maybe he was a bit shy but that's it. Because the man she knows today is far from any of those things he says he was. It was kind of hard to believe that a person could change so much just by growing up. But then again if he did, maybe she could too.

"With mum I can believe that. She's a bit clumsy even today" she said with a playful smile. "Speaking of our family...will Frank come home for Christmas? I really wish he would, I miss him. Haven't really talked to him lately. Is he out and about, causing trouble?" she asked. Her brother was quite different than Alice. He was a lot more quicker on his feet and ready to join in a reckless adventure any time. "At least you don't have to worry about me going through that rebellious stage. The most rebellious thing I would do would probably be not folding my clothes right away. she said laughing.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:10 am

“You never believe me but it’s true. Ask your mum one day about what I was like as an kid. One day you will believe me,” he said with a sigh. One day his daughter would believe him one day. It could be months even years before that happened.

“Yes he is. Frank’s been busy being sent all over the world for the Ministry. He told them that he is taking off for Christmas and Easter this year. What he is doing? I don’t know” Neville said. He didn’t worry that much about Frank. He was an big boy, he didn’t need daddy fallowing him around. “You say that now but in a few years I’ll be getting letters about illegal drinking or fights,” he said in a joking matter
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:27 am

"It's not that I do not believe you dad, it's just a very hard thing to imagine that's all". If what her dad was telling her was the truth, then he has surely improved himself since his childhood, immensely.

Well that was surprising for Alice. Sure Frank was her older brother, but he was only a few years older than her. Not even that much. And he got to just go around the world without telling anyone. That was big, especially in this family. Maybe that meant she could convince her dad to let her go traveling abroad this summer. But summer was too far away to be already making plans. "You don't know where he is? At all?" she asked again, rather in shook.

"Oh yeah I already have a bottle of firewhiskey stashed in my room. Two actually, one for Lucy Weasley as well." she said rolling her eyes. "I'm just such a bad influence you see..." she said as she gave her dad a playful smile. Picking the good one between her and Lucy was a challenge indeed, as neither were very famous for their reckless behavior. Quiet the opposite. But that was probably the reason they got along so well.

"By the way...mum needs to sign this. But I'm sure your signature will do as well" she said pushing a piece of paper to him. It was the slip permission for Hogsmeade for a two day visit. She would use her second day to splurge on chocolates in the candy shop with her friends. Her mum would have never allowed that of course, she hated when Alice over did it with her sweets. But she was sure her dad wouldn't even notice, or wouldn't mind that much.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:59 am

“Well, I think he is somewhere in Spain. Last time we talked he had a bit of a Spanish accent,” Neville said. Frank hadn’t said it out front, he wasn’t allowed to. Neville understood how the Ministry was about security so he didn’t pry. Hannah hated it though.

Neville just rolled his eyes. He knew Alice was joking and if she wasn’t he’d find out very quickly. “I knew all this snuggling was for something,” he said with a laugh. He signed the permission slip though. He loved the trips as a kid so there was no reason not to let Alice be able to do it. He knew Hannah would accept the fact that her ‘baby’ is growing up soon enough.
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:10 am

Alice flashed her dad an innocent smile. Of course he realized the reason he was asked to sign this slip and not her mom. Her dad was a lot more open to things and would let her have her freedom. Her mother wasn't strict or anything, she just worried at lot that's all. "Oh you know how mom can get sometimes...and it's just a slip." she said with a shrug of her shoulders. She didn't think of it as such a big deal at all.

"Oh you aren't saying that I was just manipulating you dad! I would never do that!" she said with a laugh and her well practiced puppy face which could make even her mom change moods from happy to laughing. "That's not fun you know. That I can't hide anything from you. You would probably know everything I had to tell you already. Or if you didn't, you could tell if I was lying in an instant. Not really fair." she said pouting her lips.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:50 am

“I’ve been married to your mum for many years ad before then friends with her. I know how she gets better then you do,” Neville said with a wink. He cringed at the memory of Hannah when she was pregnant. That was pure torture.

“Wait until you have kids. You’ll be able to torture them with that too,” he chuckled “I don’t suggest you keeping doing that puppy dog face otherwise we’ll buy you a dog collar, dog leash and dog treats for Christmas!” He gave her a smirk. He then kissed the top of her head again. If only he could put in words how much she meant to him, if he could he would.
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:11 am

"That would be nice..." said Alice with a big grin on her face. For some reason, she had always looked forward to having a family on her own. Of course, she knew she was too young to even think about such things for now. But there was something about the idea of being a mother one day that excited her so much and just brought joy to her face. She always figured that was one of the reasons she would get married young and start a family. She certainly didn't want to be one of those women who had to wait until their late twenties to get married and have kids. That just seemed awful for Alice.

"Oh you are just jealous I can do it so well, that's it." she said sticking her tongue out at her father playfully. Or should I stop doing my puppy face and be all proper now. Probably call you father from now on, or even just Neville." She giggled as her father kissed the top of her head. She always loved when he did that, and she probably always will no matter how old she is. "Will you come visit me before Christmas once more?" she quickly asked.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:47 am

Neville smiled softly. He didn’t lecture Alice about waiting to have kids; he knew that it wasn’t necessary. He trusted her to make the right choices and he knew that she knew no matter what she would love her.

“Now, sweetie you know that’s not what I meant and you know that. I remember when you were a baby and you’d coo every time I kissed the top of your head. You made the cutest faces when you were a baby,” he said. “I supposed I can. Your mum can handle the Leaky Cauldron,” he said trying to bring up the Leaky Cauldron so he could tell her the great news.
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:37 am

"Everyone is cute when they are a baby dad" she said laughing. She didn't want to admit how much she still enjoyed when he kissed the top of her head. She would always giggle and smile to it. Perhaps she was too old for such a thing, but Alice didn't really care. "And I wasn't adorably chubby as you though dad. So it's hard to compete with that really" she said laughing

"Handle the Leaky Cauldron? What does she need to handle there?" asked Alice curiously. She didn't remember her parents ever having special business there so it was rather unusual for her mother to have to 'handle' anything there.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top