The Ball - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ball - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ball

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ball - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ball

Post by Risé Lehmberg Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:39 pm

Spoiler:

Risé grinned at him and blushed slightly, luckily her mask completely hid that from view, but her voice kind of betrayed her. "Thanks.." Her head turned away from him, looking out at the people who were showing up, smiling slightly. "Do you think anyone would recognize me? My dress covers up my chest, so it's not like they can see that and know immediately who I am." She looked back at Ryo, grinning, some of her face that was visible to him was slightly red, and she kept looking at him and looking away.

"Odd wearing such a fine dress, not exactly used to such grand clothes anymore.. unless I'm doing a ho-... I mean.. yeah, unless I'm doing something like this.." The last bit of visible face Risé showed was bright red now, and she couldn't help but turn completely away, clasping her hands behind her and looking out over the ballroom. "This place is beautiful tonight.. would you care to dance?" She turned to him and held one hand out, grinning.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Number of posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Ryo smiled at her and when she mentioned her dress covering her chest, he couldn't help his gaze dropping to her chest. He glanced quickly, noticing that the dress did cover her chest enough to not show the scar and he sighed softly, quickly moving his gaze up to her face again. "I don't think so." he answered her. "Not unless they're looking for you." he added quickly.

He listened to what she was saying about wearing such fine clothes and he nodded. "I've never been one to wear these things, so you can imagine how odd I feel in it." he said. "You've at least worn them more, so it's probably easier for you." he added. Ryo stood closer to Risé when she turned to look around the entire ballroom and he grinned when she asked if he wanted to dance. "Aren't I the one supposed to be asking that?" he grinned and took her hand.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 994
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saoirse O'Connell Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Spoiler:

Saoirse tiptoed, quite self-conscious, into the ball. She had been uncertain of the mask and outfit her mother had sent her, certain that it would attract undue attention at the ball. Only her frizzy red hair could be seen from behind the mask.

"At least it does a good job of hiding who I am," Saoirse thought to herself, though she was not at all reassured.

Saoirse wondered idly what exactly had possessed her to attend the ball. She supposed that she was somewhat starved for a little excitement in her life, what with not having Hawk around anymore. She missed that hippogriff with a burning passion.

Glancing about nervously, making dead certain that no one was paying attention to her, Saoirse began to sidle up to an empty table. She would enjoy herself enough by simply listening to the music.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Saoirse O'Connell on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saoirse O'Connell
Saoirse O'Connell

Number of posts : 53
Special Abilities : Empathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathias Korpela Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:41 pm

Spoiler:

Mathias glanced a bit guiltily at the other members of his band as he rushed into the ballroom, cello case in tow. He had such a great time with his Tarot booth in town, that he had almost forgotten about playing at the ball that night. Mikko grinned at Mathias, accustomed to his ways, while Perrtu and Paavo merely shook their heads in a wearying way.

"Ready?" he asked their first guest singer as he adjusted the pins for his cello strings, making sure they were performing at the correct tone.

"I've been ready for the past fifteen minutes," the singer retorted, "putting up with an audience who wonders why they have no music."

"We should get started then!" Mathias exclaimed, instantly striking the first note of their first song.

The rest of the band hurried to get into their seats and catch up to Mathias, giving him pained looks. They loved him, but he could be a handful. The guest singer managed to give Mathias a scathing look before she turned to her microphone, looking scandalized.
Mathias Korpela
Mathias Korpela
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 41
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera C Starr Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Sparkling green mask affixed around her eyes, Shiera stepped into the ballroom, hesitant at first and with more confidence as she took in the scene. Students and adults alike mingled while the staff chatted in formal ware ranging from classy to absurd. She could do this, she was a grown woman and just in time to face the place she thought she would never come back to.

But a witch has to eat, and so here she was, a reporter here to do her job. She sensed they were going easy on her, giving her balls and soceity functions because she obviously looked like she was used to them. And who was she to look a gift horse in the mouth. Writing for the paper kept her at least moderately busy, and wasn't that the magic word: everything in moderation.

The green one shouldered number she wore was by no means new but it had been years since she'd worn it and she doubted anyone would recognize her here anyway, regardless of what she wore. All of Jon's friends knew to give her a wide birth and her own friends she had all left behind. The transit period between leaving them and making new ones stretched out ahead of her like the shining dance floor. The blonde ignored it for the moment, making her way to a corner from where she could observe.

(OOC: http://dressesmania.com/Stylish%20green%20dress.jpg)
Shiera C Starr
Shiera C Starr
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:44 am

Sarah had to admit she went a bit out for this ball, but she wanted to look nice for Zandell who was her date tonight. Sarah loved dances, but she nevered really went to the one that Hogwarts had at school or anything. This happen to be her first ball and to be honest, Sarah was quite nervous. Swallowing a lump that was in her throat Sarah slipped into the ball as her gold fluffy dress dragged behind her as she walked. Her hair was pulled back and curly revealing her emerald eyes that were behind her gold mask, she had on a normal golden necklace along with her golden locket and a golden bracelet. Her make-up was light but elegant at the same time.

Looking around for Zandell she sighed as she didn't see him, but then again he didn't know what she looked like which made her smile. Him and Lucy agreed not to tell each other what they looked like for they wanted to surprise each other. But she was sure he would find her, one thing that stood out on her is her bright emerald eyes. That was one thing that gave her away was her emerald green eyes.

Spoiler:
^ click her for Sarah's look
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliet Valentine Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:15 am

Juliet Walked into the ball, her eyes bright, her cheeks rosy. She had allowed herself to be dolled up for the ball tonight, although she was more nervous than ever before. She wasn't sure if Jayden was her date, or if she should be looking for him even, so instead she decided to wing it, not sure what to do. She smoothed out her dress, looking around for even the slightest notion he was here. "err....why am I even here?" she whispered, fixing her hair, and pulling a few loose strands behind her ear, she sighed softly. Not sure what to do. Juliet walked around, searching for her best friend. She wasn't sure if she would show up.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/app
Juliet Valentine
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Lockwood Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:18 am

Kiara been waiting for this day ever since she heard about it a month ago due to girls gossping about it in the corridor during break. Although this was Kiara's first ball she was extremely nervous. She guess it her was shyness that was kicking in, but she knew that no one would know who she was so it wasn't like it really mattered anyways. Looking at herself one last time she nodded in approval before heading down towards Hogsmeade where the ball was being held. Walking through the crowd she looked around for Atticus but didn't see him. Heading towards a empty table straightened her sliver dress and sat down waiting for Atticus.

Kiara didn't like puffy dresses, she hated how they looked and not to mention they rubbed against her legs as she walked. Kiara was wearing a long sliver dress that had a crain behind her that dragged behind her as she walked, her hair was was put back in a bun in the back of her hair showing off her hazel eyes. She had on a sliver mask with a gold wing on the side. Her make-up was light but elegant with sliver eye shadow that lit up her eyes making her look angel like, she had on sliver diamond earrings her parents gave her with a sliver necklace with a diamond in the middle of it.

Spoiler:
^Kaira's look
Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Silvyr hoped he wasn't looking to bad though he had no way of telling due to the fact that he didn't have a mirror in his room at the brooms. It wasn't that they weren't provided but more of the fact that he had moved it out of his room during his second night at the old inn. The mask he had chosen fit snugly on his cheek bones but was comfortable.

The cool air rushed in and out of his lunges as he walked briskly towards the ancient beautiful castle standing before the night sky. It took him back as he thought of his time spent at the castle alone with Leah. It made him smile at the thought that somethings hadn't changed at all while everything else in his life had changed completely.

Before Silvyr knew it he and Leah were walking up the steps of the castle and moving through the massive door way that served as the entrance to the castle. Candles floated above the heads of witches and wizards of all ages who were standing around the great hall. As soon as he entered he heard the music start setting the tone of the night. He enjoyed the band and was glad that there musical style was more modern. He liked classical music but in his mind Halloween was all about having fun.

He made his way over to the punch bowl and gladly accepted a glass from a elderly woman who was serving it out with a smile. He wondered if she had spiked it judging by the grin on her face. Then he remembered how many children were attending and thought was glad that there was no alcohol in site. Drunk teenagers were the last thing he wanted to have to deal with all night.

A beautiful witch was sitting at a table by herself. From the look of her she seemed to be enjoying herself but he could tell that she was slightly nervous. Every couple of seconds the witch would look down at her dress and adjust it in a slight way. Silvyr looked down to Leah and whispered, "Go on and have some fun girl. Wander where ever you'd like. I'll just be right over there." She wagged her tail a few times before trotting off.

Silvyr took a sip from his glass before walking up to the table and catching the girls eyes. He smiled warmly and introduced himself, "Hi, I couldn't help but notice you were sitting by yourself and I felt compelled to come over and introduce myself. My names Silvyr. Care if I join you?"
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Macmillan Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:59 pm

She smiled as a man walked towards her and introduced himself, "Nice to meet you Silyver" she said offering her hand, "I'm Jessica Macmillan, Sixth Year Gryffindor, daughter of Su- oh" she said her mouth spreading into an 'o', I've heard all about you, Silvyr Svan right? My mother is Susan Bones, she told me about your discussion at the Order Meeting." Her lips now creating a smile.

"I'd love you to join me, but surly a dashing young man like you would have a date, am I correct?"
Jessica Macmillan
Jessica Macmillan
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top