Always A New Family Member - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Always A New Family Member - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Always A New Family Member

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Always A New Family Member - Page 2 Empty Re: Always A New Family Member

Post by James S. Potter Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:47 am

"Heh," James chuckled non-humorously, "I don't think my father ever believed that fame made you who you are. I remember how he used to tell me that no matter what others may say, I am who I want to be, and not what others expect of me. I always marveled at how well my father accepted all the expectations put on him. I don't know if I could have done it."

James paused, reminiscing a bit sadly on his past. He missed his father, though he had only known him for a short time. Those memories he did remember were fond.

"How about your parents?" James asked, snapping out of his daydream, "How do you get along with them?"
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Santana Lopez Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:01 am

"Well mum, died when is was 12, so that's ten years. And dad I don't really see anymore, he's a retired-auror as you know, and I never talk to him, he ignores me, so I do the same to him, we have a mutual agreement.

"And nanna is fighting strong, she has this muggle disease called dementia, it gives you pain and memory-loss, it's not very pleasant is it."

"I think Uncle Harry would have done, fabulous in school, but he would've need support and bravery, I guess that's why he was in Gryffindor," she said smiling at her distant cousin
Santana Lopez
Santana Lopez
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 68
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:21 am

James nodded, he knew well the pain of losing a loved one, and could be sympathetic.

"I wish your nanna all the care in the world. Perhaps St Mungo's will be able to get her past this disease. I'm sorry to hear that you and your father are not on speaking terms. Why is it that you two do not speak to each other?"
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Santana Lopez Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:35 am

"Hopefully. Well, it was 5 years ago, and I had gotten back my N.E.W.T.S. and he didn't like my results, so he threw them in the fire, and kicked me out of the house, I've been living on my own ever since."

"Now that Harry;s gone, where do you live? By yourself?"
Santana Lopez
Santana Lopez
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:42 am

"He wasn't happy with your NEWTS scores?" James asked, astonished, "They were good scores. Must have been a hard man to please."

James winced a bit at the off-hand way his father's name kept getting drug up. He was used to it, but sometimes James resented talking about his father.

"Yeah," James replied, "I live with Lily in our parent's old home in Godric's Hollow. She's still in school, though. Albus drops in quite a bit to visit."
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Santana Lopez Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:50 am

"Oh, I haven't seen Albus in quite a while, he's quite younger than you, isn't he? I don't think Jack (brother) is really close to our father either, Julio, my father is such a narcissist, and he know's it"

She got out of her chair, and went into the kitchen, "We've got butter beer, fire whiskey, spiced mead, chocolate liqueur and elf-made wine, which do you want?" She knew she had listed all alcoholic beverages, and she didn't usually drink liquor, but when she was with people she liked to have fun.
Santana Lopez
Santana Lopez
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:55 am

"Albus is only two years younger than me," James replied, "It sounds like a lonely family life to have. I guess I was lucky that the time my family did spend together was good. We are all very close-knit."

James began to rise from his seat, until Santana made it clear that she was merely going to get some drinks.

"I'll just take some Butterbear tonight," James said, "I want to keep my wits about me."
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Santana Lopez Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:02 am

((OOC: Butterbear? XD))

"Hmmm, I'm not going to, tonight I'm definitely having fun tonight," she got a butterbeer and threw it to James, she herself grabbed a chocolate liqueur, and took a swig, and gulped, she spat out the drink, and coughed wildly, "that is horrible, chocolate and white wine, don't match together."

So instead she just got a butterbeer and sat down, and sipped some beer, she was definitely a girly girl. "So... what have you up to?"
Santana Lopez
Santana Lopez
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:15 pm

((Simple typo. If I were to point out every mis-spelling or correction needed in a post, our roleplay would never get anywhere.))

James caught the bottle, and set it down to let it settle for a moment. After that throw, he was sure she only wanted to see him covered himself in foam.

"I think it takes somewhat of a refined taste," James chuckled.

He pondered for a moment before answering, "I haven't really been doing much, honestly. Quidditch practice mostly. Kreacher takes care of the house and dinner, so I don't have much to do at home. I have been enjoying the PS3. It's a muggle gaming system, and it's really quite fantastic. Much better than engaging a Death Eater in a life or death struggle...."
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Santana Lopez Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:21 pm

"It must be, I just have a compooper thats what I think it's called, a muggle invention, by a brand called apple, who has a brand named afer a fruit? It preposterous." she said thinking back.

"Well, Id love at the moment for a death eater to come to my house, so I could kick their ass, be much more enjoying then old Grimmauld and the meeting, they always end in fights"

"So I'm guessing you play seeker?"
Santana Lopez
Santana Lopez
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top