The Rumor Mill
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Rumor Mill Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Rumor Mill

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Rumor Mill Empty The Rumor Mill

Post by Alexander Greengrass Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Hey everyone, It’s your best friend, or maybe worst nightmare here, and I’ve got some dirt for you. I’ve been watching you all summer, finding your dirty little secrets, helping to spread the rumors. Then one day I got this awesomely wonderful idea. I decided it would be much more affective and easier to tell you all what I’ve dug up all at the same time, but writing it down in like a newsletter! I know, I know that annoying kid Keith already has something like this called Keith’s Korner, but this will get even more in depth and personal that that. Anyway all that kid cares about is that stupid spice, yeah he’s the one that supplies everyone with it, including Cecilia Krum! But I’m here to tell you everything that is going on in this wonderful world we live in. So right now I’m going to promise you that I will do whatever I can to every side of the story, and name as many names as possible.
I’m sure you all have heard this by now, but Felix Barker has returned. He has taken three girls, but only two of them have escaped from him. Some are not so sure if he is really finished with the ever so popular Cecilia Krum, but she’s been in Hawaii throwing a party and not seeming so normal, since she was released from St. Mungos. So any way, my sources tell me that Mr. Barker has left the only girl he really seemed to have feelings for (Still not sure if those feelings were even real) Naomi Greyback, Makes me wonder what she’ll do next, Kill someone, turn them into a werewolf, but she does that a lot doesn’t she? Now back to Felix, he is on the run! Khaat Lupin has signed his Death Warrant and wants him dead!
Earlier I had mentioned how Felix has had two other victims besides Cecilia, one of who will remain anonymous until I get more dirt and she gets older (She’s so young!)But the other and the oldest of the three, Jamie Prophet seems to think Felix has split personalities. Is that even possible for him? I mean we all know he is crazy, but how crazy? Any who Jaime has seemingly fallen in love with one of these supposed halves! Did I tell you all this earlier? I don’t remember But Cecilia Krum is Pregnant and all signs point to Felix being the father. Him or that hunky Professor Collins, or possibly a Muggle HOBO!
Now While I’m Talking about crazy people and professors. Mr. Thaor Elldir has seemed to have snapped along with Nathaniel Mulciber, who has been sent to St. Mungos to stay in the Psychotic Ward! I have a feeling that these two and many more may be staying in padded cells wearing those stupid jackets that make you hug yourself soon, and I mean very very soon.
There is one more crazy person on my list, Jack Dyllan has been behaving weirdly at work, some (Like my sources) would even call it erratically, and it all seems to be connected with the head of the Department of Law Enforcement NEOMO OMARA! I still need to dig up some more, but I feel there is something going on there, on the romantic side of things.
I have only a few more people on my list who’s lives I’ve imposed upon and I think I will start off this paragraphish thing with Georgia Wheelbarrow. She’s really not all that much better than us, after all. Not only is she hiding the fact that she is not really all that experienced in the art of sex but also that she’s not even a pureblood! That’s right her mum is a muggle! Makes me wonder what other juicy tidbits she is hiding from us.
This next bit is about a group of girls, or should I say one girl and her struggle with sexuality. Any way Gisele Delecour and Melissa Finnigan have been caught fooling around on many many occasions, even someone of which they do not know about! Well now Cerelia Avery seems to be in on it too! What are these girls getting into? And more importantly can I get in?
Okay only two more gossipy details until the important stuff! This one is for you Mari! Maybe you can explain this better than myself. So everyone seems to have lost it, and Mari is not an acceptation. She is still living with Elijah Krum, though she refuses to love him without a really good reason to, but we all know she still does! Oh has anyone seen the one they call Matt Lestrange? He seems to have gone missing, but has he really? If you said no then you guessed right. No he hasn’t He’s just running around with a different face, I’m pretty sure it is plastic but who knows.
Now for the really sad stuff. Death. There has been a lot of it around here lately, starting with that of a newly graduated and widely loved Chastity, Chase, Moor. I was not personally close to her but it seems she has taken her leave from this world. Then Mariposa Cruz, was murdered, buy who I don’t know, but she has been missed enough to send poor Nat into a deep depression. Now this icky green plague has taken its first victim, a sixteen year old Hufflepuff half-blood, who I believe was the sweetest girl to walk the planet. Her death was slow and painful, but it ended with one last peaceful death. They will all be missed dearly.
So back to a happier note, have you guessed who I am yet? No? Grate! So I won’t be telling you, you’ll have to keep an eye out, I may let it slip one of these days, who knows. You may just be surprised! So until next time, Love you and keep the rumors coming.
-scribles-
*she had started to sign her name but then scribled it out and drew a large lopsided heart*
Spoiler:

Last edited by Aria Wilberton-Greyback on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

The Rumor Mill Empty Re: The Rumor Mill

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:56 pm

The world does not know about Elijah's murder of his uncle so it is inaccurate to presume that Aria would. It is kept within the family to prevent him from being arrested, funnily enough. They might have chucked him but they don't want to admit he is behind his uncle's death or acknowledge that he is a powerful enough wizard to cast the Killing Curse. It is not public knowledge and only are a select few are aware. I doubt even Cecilia knows. That, I think, needs to be omitted from the 'Rumour Mill' especially if this is knowledge our characters can take into rp. They shouldn't know.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:07 pm

yeah sorry for got about that editing now
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:38 pm

Something important about this is adding nontruths too. So when sources send stuff into you, make sure you stretch the truth too. We can send in obvious lies as well. And perhaps characters can use Aria to start false rumors.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:09 pm

yeah.. this is just the first one so it will hopefully get better. i just need more to work with..
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:48 pm

Woo! I'm still under the radar.

Suck it Ministry.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Leglimency, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:04 pm

I havne't fallowed your posts to much yet.. message me your secrets if you wanna be in the next one
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:59 pm

I like my secrets not being posted.

Makes me more mysterious.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:05 pm

well aria will be watching everyone from now on, though these will start focusing more on the students than the adults unless she gets to be close with someone like her siblings

Last edited by Aria Wilberton-Greyback on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:07 pm

Hm. Be careful where you lay your eyes child. I do not take kindly to being spied on.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top