What Big Teeth You Have
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

What Big Teeth You Have Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

What Big Teeth You Have

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What Big Teeth You Have Empty What Big Teeth You Have

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:25 am

Khaat was glad their short mission to Brazil was over but as happy as she was with Brian and her children and her life, she found her mind wandering frequently back to Enrique. She had been careful not to call him by first name around Brian because she didn't want him getting the wrong idea. Brian had been overly protective where Enrique was concerned and had tried to turn the earth practically off his axis to get Enrique to let her go. But Enrique had never attempted to deceive her. She knew what he was, and on top of that, he was gentlemanly, refined, a scholar, graceful, and affectionate. After all, he had let her go almost anywhere in the castle.

Her mind wandered to the night he'd arranged a fine dinner. Dancing, just the two of them. He was handsome, and for some reason, he seemed to have been in her dreams now more that she was back than when she was in Brazil.

She had been at Sparks tonight, writing paychecks, her attentions divided and unfocused. She was glad when it was done. She was the last one at the bistro, and it was late. She left by the kitchen door, locking it and starting down the alley, when she heard a noise behind her. A soft noise, but enough to make her turn around. And in the shadows she clearly recognized the profile.

"Enrique?" she asked softly. "Is that you?"

"I missed you," he said, stepping out of the shadows, elegant as always. "I just had to see you. Am I...disturbing you?"

"Oh no," she smiled. "No, no. I was just finishing for the night."

"It is a very dangerous place. Your husband is a fool to leave you alone, but then again, you can take care of yourself, I know," he laughed. His laughter sounded like music in her ears. "You must let me see you home so I know you're safe." A rustle in her spirit seemed to unsettle her for a moment. Brian was adamantly protective over their home. It was unplottable, and he had placed layers and layers of protection spells around it, and they had been reinforced by her father. It was a fortress. Brian would come unwound if she brought 'HIM' into it even for a moment. She hesitated. Brian wouldn't like it. But--perhaps...perhaps if it were only for a moment...perhaps if Brian never found out, then it would be alright--just this once.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

What Big Teeth You Have Empty Re: What Big Teeth You Have

Post by Ne'Os Emof Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:17 am

Ne'Os sat in his office at the Artificium. He had a finished Devastating Long blade sitting in front of him. Because of his sickness his magic was unpredictable unless he took a specialized potion. He had spent his day perfecting a shipment of Devastating longblades that were destined to assist in the protection of a young wizarding family's home. He looked out the dusty window to the alley outside, and noticed it was dark.

Deciding it was time to go home he closed up the shop and locked the front door. He found his way into Diagon Alley and headed down the street. It was very empty as almost all the shop owners had gone home. He continued on his way when he heard voices. One belonged to a man of which he did not know but the other belonged to Khaat. His curiosity got the better of him as he felt the air around him go cool as he turned invisible.

Ne'Os crept his way to the voice's locations. He could see the back of the man's head and Khaats face. He could tell by Khaats face that she didn't believe she was in danger. But something about the man seemed off. Maybe it was just the fact it was late at night. Ne'Os would need to observe the situation longer before he did something.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:45 am

"Querida," Enrique said softly, sensitively, his hand brushing her cheek. "Is he treating you badly?" He had started to borrow the Spanish term for her one night after he had read her part of a Spanish love poem to her and had translated it to her.

"No," she smiled, laughing slightly. "Not at all. He's a good man. He is just very careful." Enrique had smiled when she laughed.

"I'm sure he is, and I am glad you are well cared for. I have missed you, though. You are such a treasure. The castle is not the same without you in it,and it is much too far for friends or visitors. I have thought about you often."

"Did you really come this far for me?" she asked.

"Would I not?" He asked. Then he seemed to have some amusement in his eyes. "Well, and I came to add to my collections."

"What collection this time? I don't know if you will find any more of those odd green swords here."

"Enchanted blades," he corrected her again on this. She could never get that right. "The light from the blades make them quite the conversation piece and they are very valuable."

"They must be. You wouldn't even let me touch them. I haven't seen any swords that glowed green before yours. Or did you come for one of your other collections? Your collection of people? You still never answered me if I was part of your collection."

"Yes I did," he laughed. "You are not part of my collection. You are simply my Querida. As for the blades, I told you. They are merely very..sharp. They might cut you."

"I didn't think you'd be bothered by blood."

"I'm not. Oh, I'm not. But, you...I would much prefer not to see a scar of any sort on you." His hand drifted to her neck. That uneasy fluttering started again but then she saw he was looking right in her eyes. The uneasiness seemed to melt away completely as she looked into his eyes. "I insist," he said in that slow, melodic voice that was so soothing. "you really must let me take you home."

What was it about his eyes and his voice that seemed to make her heart come to a complete stop? What was it that made her want to tell him yes when all the while she knew Brian would have been saying no in the strongest possible term?

"I do insist," he repeated, emphasizing every word.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:25 am

Ne'Os listened as the strange man spoke about how his enchanted blades were a conversation piece. Ne'Os had to hold back a scoff as he remembered the man saying his castle was to far for friends or visitors. As they continued on the subject he walked around so he could see both Khaat's and the man's face. Something seemed familiar especially when the conversation turned to blood Ne'Os noticed the mans eyes fly to Khaat's neck. If Ne'Os didn't know better he would say the man was a vampire. Luckily Ne'Os didn't judge a man by his cover.

It was what happened next that changed Ne'Os's opinion of the man. Ne'Os knew vampire magic when he saw it. It was the same magic that once allowed Ne'Os to control death artifacts and the magic that changed his eyes to black when he was angered. This however was not a magic he had learned of. He could feel his body wanting to obey his command. Ne'Os feared if the vampires eyes were locked on his own he would have no choice bu to obey. He knew he needed to stop this.

He took several steps back so he could use a spell before the vampire reached him if need be and released the magic that held him in his invisible state. "Homo Nosferatu Vampiris" he said using the scientific name for vampire he wondered if the man would be educated enough to know that. He raised his wand so it was leveled at the man "The human female is under my protection. I would release her from your little spell or you will find out just how knowledgeable I am about your species,"he said in a threatening tone. In all honesty he knew that if this vampire wanted to harm Ne'Os or even Khaat any spell Ne'Os sent at him would more than likely miss its mark. If it even worked at all.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:58 am

Khaat was ready to speak the words. The words of consent to take him into her safehaven. And a voice interrupted them. A spell? And then someone addressing Enrique? Her eyes had been locked onto Enriques, and then she saw his head turn at a speed she had not ever seen before, turning in the direction of the voice. Khaat looked too and saw Ne'Os there. She was confused. She felt power of some sort rising up in Enrique. She looked in his face. Had it..darkened somehow? Something had changed.

"Is this..one..someone you know, Querida?" Enrique asked, gripping her arm, and it felt a bit too hard. He had not taken his eyes off Ne'Os. She hesitated, but perhaps that was a mistake. He laughed sardonically. "You did tell me you have many friends, Querida, but I do question some of your choices." Then he spoke to Ne'Os. "The human female is none of your concern. She is already mine."

Khaat frowned. Human female? He had always used terms of endearment towards her, and right now the grip on her arm was too hard. It was going to bruise. He had never hurt her. She looked up at his face. Enrique was bearing fangs. He had never done that before either.

She looked at Ne'Os. something wasn't right. Not if Ne'Os was here, challenging Enrique for her. Then she replayed Ne'Os's words in her brain. Spell? What? She was bewitched? Her brain flooded with questions.

"Leave us now, and you might live, Human," Enrique said in a low, serious voice.

"Tell me the truth," she said to Ne'Os. She had to make a choice, and of the two, she knew Ne'Os better.

"Enough!" Enrique ordered quickly, almost as if he had not wanted time for Ne'Os to reply to her."She's mine!" He still had a grip on her arm when he more or less threw her behind him. The force was strong enough that it hurled her backwards quite a distance and into the wall of the opposite shop. When she hit the ground, she was momentarily stunned. She could do nothing but watch. Enrique's wand seemed to suddenly be in his hand and he was firing at Ne'Os. And Khaat did not believe, for a second, he merely wanted to politely sit Ne'Os on his butt.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:27 am

Ne'Os rolled out of the way of the spells. Every once in a while Ne'Os was reminded he was not 18 anymore. This was one of those moments. As he regained his feet he felt a throbbing pain in his back and in his legs. Doing his best to ignore it he aimed his wand and with a violent motion he sent a bolt of lightning at the man. For a human Attonbitus would be difficult to dodge and possible fatal. For a vampire the spell would be easy to dodge and rarely fatal. This of course was something Ne'Os knew as he followed it up with a killing curse.

Not wasting anytime he turned invisible and moved several steps to the side. He looked over at Khaat He hoped she was uninjured and that the vampire would not target her. He decided it would be best not to let him think about her.

"Tell me about yourself vampire. Are your eyes black or red?" he asked.

The question itself might have seemed silly to those unaware that their eye color marked a vampire good or evil but to Ne'Os it meant the difference between life and death. Red eyed vampires could be reasoned with. But black eyes vampires on the other hand were much more deadly.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:48 am

Khaat watched as Enrique seemed to simply dissolve into thin air. She had never seen someone just, well, dissolve. He reappeared only a moment later, only gone long enough to dodge Ne'Os's spell.

What the heck did he want to know what color Enrique's eyes were? They weren't back or red, she thought. They were a beautiful cocoa brown. At the question, Enrique laughed.

"She knows I practice the dark arts, Young One," he said. "Is that what you want to know? Come and brave me for yourself if you dare. She knows. I told her. She does not fear the dark arts. You are not her husband. I've seen him. What I don't know is who are you, Mr. Dark Magic? And what do you want with a married woman?" He paused and then said. "Know this. I do not ever give up what is mine. There are a lot of other human females, and this one will never be yours, even if I did go against my own nature. Her human male will come for her--again, and again, and again. Go home, little human--before I do not give you any more chances."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:07 am

Ne'Os moved closer his wand had been stowed away. He let the magic keeping him invisible dissipate so the vampire would be able to see him. He raised his hands to show the vampire he was not armed.

"I can see that you know more about vampire magic than I ever did" he said with a knowing smile. "But that tells me more about you than you know. You are old. Very old. At least one or two hundred years. I know this because I was once like you. Then I died. You are right I am not her husband nor do I want to be. My soul belongs to another. What I want with this human is my own business...But I will tell you what. I heard something about enchanted swords. Magical artifacts are my specialty. Let her go. And take me instead. Its a good deal. You get a powerful dark wizard with intimate knowledge of your condition and knowledge of magic that is rarely used. And you can always get the girl later." he finished with a pleasant smile.

He hoped his rambling would have lured the vampire into a false sense of security. He was prepared to attack again but he was curious to see what the vampire's response would be. Ne'Os after all did wish to become a vampire yet again. And if this vampire accepted his proposal Ne'Os would get the chance to learn more of vampire magic.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:36 am

"This is not the time for a business deal," the older vampire said. "It seems we have different goals. I want her. You want me. You say you don't want her. " He laughed. "Isn't this a bit different? And what makes you think I can't have both right now if i choose? Imagine that happy little threesome. You have very little to offer me that I want. And you do know that I do have the power to change your life forever.

"Presume for a moment that I would agree to let her go tonight. I can come back for her any time I choose. I will not release her. Are you certain you have any clue what you're asking for?

"I find mortals so short lived, I keep very few of them in my collection. Even if I were to keep you, I dont know that I would want you to be a mortal. We would need to correct that flaw. So tell me. Would you rather hand her over, die now, or never die at all? Because one of the two of you will change your lives forever tonight."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:53 am

Ne'Os listened very carefully to the vampire. He was correct when he said he could have both if he wanted. Ne'Os was weakened enough by the sickness going around and even if he wasn't it was still highly possible he would die trying to destroy this vampire. He simple studied the vampire for a moment as he mulled over the decisions.

"you say I have little to offer you. Consider who I am for a moment. I doubt you would know my name but you do know who Lord Voldemort was...I am the one who killed him. I have mastered the dark arts as i am sure you have in your time but their are things I know that you don't. Have you ever heard of a horcrux? he asked his eyes almost lightning up at the word.

"A object so powerful it can grant unlimited years of life. You take me with you and add me to your collection and I will teach you how to make one. Think about it. Would you turn her? of course not your spell would be less effective on another vampire. Her heart is to good. What would you rather have? A woman who is married to a very powerful man or me who has no links to anyone and knowledge of powerful magic that could help you live until the day this planet dies?" he asked hoping that the Vampire would choose to take Ne'Os instead of Khaat. Although Ne'Os feared the vampire would simply take the option where he gets everything he wants. His only hope in that situation is that he would be turned before Khaat was.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top