Hunting Thingamajigs - Page 10
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Hunting Thingamajigs - Page 10 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Hunting Thingamajigs

Page 10 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hunting Thingamajigs - Page 10 Empty Re: Hunting Thingamajigs

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:57 am

"I'm not a stranger to vampires," Khaat said. And that was true. She'd been treating them in St. Mungos for years. "But I sure should have known more about him earlier."

"That's true enough," Brian said. "But--they wanted your help in most cases. This guy doesn't sound that friendly. Now--we really do need to play this by the book this time. Michael's suggestion is a good one. How long do you think that the canteen will last her?"

"I don't know. New vampires don't have a good feel for their hunger or how often they need to feed. When they're satisfied, they're good. When they get hungry, they can get desperate in a hell of a hurry. We need to make sure that she doesn't start to get hungry. I need to keep her fed. We need to make sure she eats when we do, too. She still does need to eat. That will stabilize as she gets adjusted. And, I did have enough potion ingredients in the bag to keep her from becoming sensitive to sunlight. but if that runs out, she'll only be able to travel at night. "

"Anything else you didnt tell us?"

"I said I'll take care of her, and I will!" she was feeling Brian's irritability.

"Calm down," Michael said gently. He wasn't challenging. He understood that they were al testy and unnerved at facing a new enemy. "It doesn't help if we dont' work together. Khaat, you take care of Aura, but let us help. Fair enough?"

"Yeah. Fair enough," she agreed
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Jim sighed and looked at Khaat " I forgot you have dealt with most creatures working in the hospital" he said and staid with cassidy close at hand Jack paced around the camp impatient for the vampire to make his move. cassidy was just glad not to be on her own as she looked from Brian to Angus and back her wand still out as she listened to Brian tell Khaat not to give her any more blood both could not agree more on that. " please don't Khaat your looking pale enough "Cassidy told her a worried look on her face as she spoke.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:28 pm

"I'll try," Khaat said to them. She would try not to worry them, but she had never worked with a truly hard cored evil vampire--nnot one who was recently turned. They were victims. Any time she had worked with them. She felt like Aura was a victim too. She saw that Michael did seem to be pretty firm on wanting to be sure that she didn't try to do the same levels of healing that her father did. He wasn't willing to sacrifice her--not even for another person.

"Khaat," Michael said, looking at her, almost reading her thoughts. "I don't know of your mind seems to think you're protecting her from dying, but get a grip. She's already dead. She's now one of the undead--remember? You can't kill her again. She can get dangerous and pose a threat to us, but that's the worst."

"You cant?" Angus asked,, thinking of the time honored wooden stake. "I always thought..."

"Well, yeah. But that's merely breaking the curse that keeps them functioning. It sets them free," Michael said. "Think of it as a walking, talking zombie."

"Ewww," Angus scowled. "Wait.. We have friends who are vampires."

"This too tough for you, Auror Boy?" Michael laughed. "You're taking the zombie thing too literally. I'm just saying they're not technically alive anyway."

"He's right," Brian said.

"You know, I'd really like to drop this," Khaat said. "And if you would wake her up, we could get moving again."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Jim thought long and hard about what Khaat had said and then he chuckled " yeah I have one who was my friend Gackt was his name but he fled in fear of persecution from those who didn't know any better " he told her and looked at Cassidy. " he was a nice man had a brother too, it was a family curse he told me " he sighed and looked at the woman " but what is a half dead life for a young woman like her" he felt cassidy touch his arm and he pulled himself back to reality " we should continue especially if were to find a suitable place to camp for the night " he said Jack agreed with them his nose picking up smells unfamiliar to him.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:42 am

"We have another four hours to walk this afternoon," Angus said, "We need to gear up and get going."

"I'm ready," Khaat said, standing. She glared at Brian. He needed to wake Aura. He merely glared back at her, standing his ground. He went over and woke Aura, letting her think she merely dozed off. He helped her to her feet, and Michael walked over to walk with Khaat. Khaat understood what Brian was doing. Not only was he still a bit miffed with her, he also wanted to keep an eye on Aura. Michael, on the other hand, had a bit more patience for Khaat at the moment, so he chose to walk with her. Michael was still a bit uncertain that there might not be some of the Web of Lies stuff that was going on and making Khaat act a bit out of character. He wanted to keep a closer eye on her himself.

Khaat found the walking this afternoon to be very difficult. She was tired. Michael knew it, but he admired taht she never complained. Not one time. Towards the end of the afternoon, he saw that she was so tired that she was dullwitted. Numb. Unthinking. Her feet were moving rather automatically because she was too tired to think anymore. He debated on telling Sergio and Angus that they were going to have to make camp just a litle sooner than they had planned.

Khaat saw a green vine drop down off a limb right in front of her face. She took her hand and went to brush the vine out of her path, when Michael gripped her arm hard and fast--like lightning. He pulled hard on it, pulling not only her arm out of the way, but actually pulling her off balance until she just fell into him, letting out a startled little cry. He made sure she didn't fall, but he was the only thing holding her up.

"What the hell are you doing?" his voice was sharp.

"Moving that vine," she scowled. "What? What's your problem?"

"Look again!" he snapped. "That's some damned vine!" He turned her back around to look and see a strange leaf green snake dangling from the limb. That's a damned viper! Its not a vine!" She looked again to see that her 'vine' had eyes and a forked tongue and seemed to be checking her out--at a safe distance away.

"Oh. A snake," she said.

"What part of 'don't touch anything' did you not understand?" he said, protective of her.

"He's a rather pretty color, though, dont' you think?" she asked, her brain severelly dulled from fatigue.

Michael's irritated look immediately shot to Angus, as if Angus were to blame. "Can we stop NOW?" he asked.

"Give me ten minutes and we'll be at camp?" Angus asked.

"Can I put her in my pocket?" Michael asked, trying to reel in his patience.

"Be my guest," Brian said.

"It better be a damned fast ten minutes," Michael said. "Lets go." He reeled her in tight to him, his arm around her waist.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:51 pm

Jim and jack walked quickly up and cast a spell moving the snake out of there way " ways clear now Michael "he told him and took point making sure nothing else could get in their way and harm them he could see on Khaat face how tired she was " yeah I'm getting blisters on my blisters here Angus " he said trying to make out Michael wasn't the only one wanting to stop for the night. cassidy knew what was going on and nodded even though her new hiking boots fit her comfortably and she wasn't tired but she knew better than to go against Michael.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:09 pm

"Ten minutes, I swear," Angus said. Michael knew he was really pushing Khaat now to get her to go another ten minutes. He was nearly holding her up entirely that last ten minutes. Brian started to feel himself getting uncomfortable and he didn't know why. Every tiie he would glance up at Aura, she merely smiled sweetly at him.

One thing he knew for sure, she was a beautiful woman. There was something in her ice blue eyes that captured him. He found himself wondering what her voice had sounded like when she could speak. He was wondering what happened that she was even attacked the first time.

And then, he tripped over a rock in the trail. Not a big trip, but just a small stumble. It was enough to shake him back to his game. What had he been thinking? He'd never thought about any woman that long in his entire life except for Khaat. What the hell was wrong with him? He was beginning to be frustrated with himself.

"Here," Angus said. Brian recognized the camp. They'd used it before. In fact, they'd camped there for quite awhile. They'd built a wizard style treehouse years ago. Small on the outside and large and spacious on the inside. Sergio and Angus set out the folding camp chairs and went up to check out the treehouse and to equip it for the night. Brian helped Aura to a chair, and by that time, Michael had placed Khaat in a chair and was letting her rest. The instant Khaat wasn't moving anymore, she was in an exhausted sleep. Michael could see the look in Aura's eyes as she eyed Khaat. Michael drew the flask out of Khaat's pocket and handed it to Aura.

"They're off your list," Michael said to her. "We'll feed you, but you can't have me or my family. I dont' care how tempted you are. They're out of bounds. Do we understand each other?" Aura nodded. "And that includes Brian. End it now." She simply looked at him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Jack looked over at the girl and gave a disproving of her and the look she was giving Brian. He gave a low growl and carried on moving to sit next to Khaat as she slept soundly he was like her watch dog for a lack of a better description. Cassidy looked at Jim who nodded as they both watched Michael talk to the girl telling her that they were off limits including Brian. " just a word of warning , hes happily married with children brake them up and I will be glad to drive the stake that will pierce your heart , do we make our selves clear " he told her his eyes locked on hers.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Brian looked rather clueless. Michael took him by the arm like an unhappy father.

"Keep an eye on things. I need to educate the boy," Michael said. He took him a few steps off and headslapped him. "She was bewitching you, you twit! Vampires have powerful seduction spells. When have you ever--ever--looked at another woman like that? Or even began to feel anything like that towards anyone but your wife?" Brian looked stunned. He hadn't seen it coming. "Shake it off, Boy. Don't you get it? Your wife has been slightly bewitched since we found that girl. We've been fighting against the vampire's seduction spell. You set boundaries for her, and then the vampire gets to you. Wise up. This is a war against dark magic. Remus was right. The lies are all around is like a web. Lies in what we say and what we don't. LIes in what we do and what we don't. And there is only one way to battle that."

"Truth," Brian said.

"100% of it, 100% of the time," Michael nodded. "No matter what. You got that?"

"Yes," Brian said.

"Hey!" Angus called. "The luxury suite is ready! Come on up! Apparate or use the rope ladder. Your choice."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:41 pm

Jim looked at the girl then at Michael and Brian " of course Michael" he told him and Jack moved to stand with him and in front of Khaat and Cassidy. Both showing there disapproval with crossed arms and glares of daggers at her. Cassidy wasn't happy at being treat like a little girl but she understood the severity of the situation and staid next to the dozing Khaat. Jim glanced over at Michael and Jack he snapped back to look over at Angus and chuckled " about time thought we would be sleeping on the ground tonight for a moment he told him.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top