Hunting Thingamajigs - Page 16
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Hunting Thingamajigs - Page 16 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Hunting Thingamajigs

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hunting Thingamajigs - Page 16 Empty Re: Hunting Thingamajigs

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:45 am

"Cassidy is working hard," Angus said, "but she needs either more training in bodyguarding or more training in Lupins."

"Touche," Michael laughed, stepping out on the balcony to light a cigarette far enough away that it would not bother anyone. "Lupins are deucedly independent. And Khaat, in particular, was brought up to not need anybody--or to not think she did. Remus and Robert grew up in a time when being a werewolf meant a solitary life. They didnt know whether or not she'd be forced into it because of what Remus had become just by family association. They believed her only chance of survival was if she didn't need anyone. Then if someone did come along, it would just be a nice litte bonus."

"And," Angus said. "Bodyguards need to learn that every client vents about having someone going with them everywhere they go. Its not having a go. Its not being given any space to oneself to do anything else. When do we let Khaat ever do much of anything alone? We've learned not to. So we can't afford to take it personally when it gets to her."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:11 am

Jim nodded and sighed " might do some talking to her on that subject myself as Cassidy wasn't trained like we were in body guarding for all Roberts battle training dealing with a client needs a certain finesse" he told them and stood up. Taking his tea he headed to Cassidys room where he knocked gently.

" Come in" he heard her say and he pushed open the door seeing her laid on the bed " cassidy don't take what Khaat said personally, sometimes the person or persons who were body guarding don't like being body guarded even if its necessary, its something you'll have to harden to" he said as he, leaving teh door open walked over and sat on her bed beside her.

" how do you do it?" she asked and sat up to face him " how do you block it all out?" she asked another question and sighed . Jim took her hand in his before he spoke.

" meditation and thinking of the bigger picture that and imagining them in there underwear works too" he said and this made her chuckle and smile at him " there now remember what I told you, if you want to do some training I'll be around" he said and cassidy gave him a hug.

" thanks, might take you up on that " she said smiling " but tomorrow , right now Im tired" she told him and he stood up.

"Good night cassidy and I'll see you tomorrow. " he said smiling as he left the room pausing he looked back at her " hay, not me" he said seeing the grin on her face, he grinned and left her. He found Jack still pondering his next move and chuckled " Jack don't over think it, its obvious" he said and moved past him. He glanced at Michael " he'll be there all night" he said chuckling.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:17 am

"I'd help him but I'd rather see him still sitting there in the morning," Michael laughed. Angus looked over Jack's shoulder. He didn't play often but even he could see it. And then he saw a much better move. One much more unpredictable. He picked up a piece and moved it.

"I do believe that puts you in check, Jim," Angus said. "We can have your king on the next move if you're not careful."

"About time," MIchael said, exhaling on his cigarette. "He deserved to lose that king ten minutes ago."

"You really werent' going to help him, were you?" Angus laughed.

"Nope," Michael said. "Wasn't my game. It was theirs."

"Liar. You just wanted to see if Jack would really sit there all night."

"That too," MIchael smiled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:45 am

Jim chuckled and looked back " hay that wasn't fare I was teaching the boy that to see the right move he had to see the bigger picture but fine" he said chuckling as he moved back he moved his king out of check and sat back down looking across at Michael as he waited again for jack who smiled and took Jim's king. " finally " Jim said and laughed.

Jack smiled and sat back " I won, wow that was not easy and thanks Michael for that move" he said and stood up " but right now I am off for some rest" he told them and headed down to his room leaving Jim chuckling behind him to reset up the chess board.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:31 am

"Nice, Angus," MIchael laughed. "I didn't know you played."

"Not much," Angus admitted. "I just watch Khaat and Robert a lot." He found himself yawning. "i'm sorry. I'm tired. I think if you'll all excuse me, I'll handle breakfast in the morning. Goodnight."

"If we were smart, we'd go to bed too," Michael said, layering an extra protection spell around them all. "Especially if he intends to do any questing tomorrow. I'm going to finish my cigarette and them go to bed as well."

Khaat had finished what little she wanted of her dinner. She wanted to leave, but there was a part of her that thought Escobar knew something about the artifact they'd come here to get. So, she thought, perhaps there was purpose in her staying. She finally gave in, closed her eyes, and went to sleep.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:20 am

Jim chuckled as the others headed to bed he staid up for a while and looked over the area wondering just where and what Khaat was up to not returning like she had. soon sleep got the better of him and he headed down to his room to rest even though he knew he would sleep very little with Khaat gone. Next morning came and he was showered up and drinking coffee in the main area as he waited for the others to rise. He'd made breakfast for himself and had found a news paper it was about a day off but he read it even old news was news worth knowing, so he thought and sat puffing his pipe quietly.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:54 pm

Michael came down first and saw Jim had chosen to fix his own breakfast and his own coffee.

"You're going to get addicted to that thing again," Michael said, heading for the kitchen. He made a pot of coffee for the others, put in a breakfast caserole and a batch of scones to bake and cleaned up Jim's breakfast dishes while he waited on breakfast to bake. He turned his efforts to packing rations to last them several meals. Brian hadn't said if they were going for the day or for several days, so Michael believed he needed to be prepared.

Angus and Sergio came downstairs, dressed and with packs. They put them down near the main living area.

"No sign of Brian?" Michael asked.

"Well, yes, "Angus said. "He was up all night with those maps and charts. Planning. It sounds like we're only going for the day, but Sergio and I packed for an overnight, just in case. I think we have enough to hold all of us except for food."

"Done," Michael said. "Breakfast will be ready in about 15 minutes. Hopefully Jack and Cassidy will be up soon."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:34 pm

Jim chuckled seeing Michael walk up to the main area " yeah I know, Margaret's always asking me to quite, I ran out of the sweets" he said " Guess my resolve isn't that strong after all." He said but he did put out his pipe and place it back in his pocket he sighed as he drank his coffee as he watched. " didn't think I made that much of a mess" he said softly and chuckled " guess Margaret never told me, hum" he finished his coffee and headed to the sink " god I got to get more of those sweets. " he said with a very long and deep sigh, closing his eyes for a moment he took a long deep breath in as if mediating. Jack stretched and walked up.

"Morning. " He said as he headed to the table and pored some coffee for himself , sitting he saw Jim and chuckled " what are you doing?" he asked and Jim opened his eyes.

" its called meditating, I'm quitting the pipe, but I'm out of those sweets" he told him and through his pip in the bin next to Michael " Don't you give me that back." he asked him " about time I gave it up permanently" Jack smiled.

" Good , women don't like kissing chimneys" he said and Jim chuckled.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:49 pm

"Angus or I could make you some hard candies, but that defeats the true point. If you want to give it up, then just stop. The sweets are designed to help you quit, but you do have to eventually quit the candy as well or you've only switched one addiction for another," Michael said. He took the breakfast casserole and the scones out of the oven and plated them.

"Come and eat," Angus called, setting out silverware and cups of coffee.

Brian came downstairs, showered, shaved, dressed, his pack over his shoulder. It was stuffed with maps and charts and essentials. One look at him told Angus he was 100% business today. He was mission minded. Angus didn't try to distract him. He poured Brian coffee and gave the mug to him and then fixed him a plate.

"How soon are we off, then?" Angus asked Brian.

"As soon as we eat," Brian said quietly. "We're heading towards the castle."

"Castle? It won't be there," Angus said, watching Sergio come downstairs.

"No. Of course not. But there are caverns on the northeastern corner of the castle grounds. We have to start there."

"If Khaat is with Escobar she'll be in the castle, won't she?" Michael asked.

"Yes," Brian said. "If that's where she is. But--she might turn out to be a bargaining chip. He wants the same thing we do. If we get it first, we can use it to get her back."

"That is a very dangerous game, Son," Michael said seriously.

"Do I look like this is fun?" Brian asked.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:04 am

Jim looked at Angus and Michael and smiled nodding his head slowly " your right its why I haven't asked for any more and now have thrown it away , from now on will power will do the trick" he said and moved to the table. He smiled seeing cassidy washed dressed and smiling walk up.

"Wow something smells wonderful this morning." She said and moved to sit down at the table as she took a scone and began to eat " yum " she chuckle as she pored some juice and drank it looking at Jim as she smiled. " ow thanks for last night Jim " she said Jim looked up and nodded.

" my pleasure Cassidy" he said smiling at the look on Jacks face " we talked Jack nothing more" he told them and cassidy looked stunned.

" why Jack did you think Jim and I...wow. " she said and laughed as she took some casserole.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top