Second Glances, Second Chances - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Second Glances, Second Chances - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Second Glances, Second Chances

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Second Glances, Second Chances - Page 6 Empty Re: Second Glances, Second Chances

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 12, 2012 6:10 am

Angus came in just in time to see Faith's knees givve way. For some reason, he paused a moment, looked at the girl and then went over to her. He crouched in front of her and looked at her eye to eye.

"I'm Angus," he smiled gently. "Welcome. Come sit down. Tea's ready. You must be Faith. Can I help you up?" He stood up and reached out his hand to her to help her up.

Khaat flicked her fingers, levitating in a tea tray and putting it on the coffee table. She poured a couple cups of tea. Then as she heard Brian coming back downstairs, she poured two more. She put a cup on the end table beside where Angus would probably help Faith to because it was closest.

"All quiet upstairs?" she asked Brian.

"They're all asleep like little lambs," he said, as she handed him one of the cups of tea. Khaat and Brian heard a heavy spring rain begin to hit the house. "You got home just in time." He fired a wandless magic spell at the fireplace, causing it to spring to life with a gentle, warming flame. It would draw off the damp of the rain outside.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Second Glances, Second Chances - Page 6 Empty Re: Second Glances, Second Chances

Post by Faith Blackburn Sun May 13, 2012 3:56 am

Faith looked at Angus when she realized he was right in front of her, at eye level, looking concerned and so friendly at the same time. "Hi Angus..." she said shakily, nodding as he offered to help her up. She took his arm, and made her way to the couch, sitting there carefully, her hands shaking as she ran them across the fabric of the sofa, her whole body trembling, and she looked like a deer caught in headlights.. or a fox trapped in a corner.

She was shaking hard, and she kept staring around the room, when the rain began, she jumped and found herself shaking even harder, slowly pushing herself against the seat, staring at the people in the room. She wasn't sure why she was freaking out so hard, in fact, she felt slightly panicky, It was so overwhelming as to where she was, what she was doing, the entire room was so beautiful, so overwhelming, too much for her, too much for her mind, it was freaking her out, so she sat down, and didn't move, just running her fingers over the fabric of the couch, trying not to let it all get to her too badly.
Faith Blackburn
Faith Blackburn
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun May 13, 2012 9:08 pm

"Here," he poured her half a mug of tea. "A good cup of tea is good for the soul." It was a blend that had not only the almond flavor that Khaat loved, but it had a bit of chamomile to take the edge off when Khaat was stressed. He put the mug of tea on the coffee table for her to help herself whenever she felt she could manage the mug for herself. "Make yourself at home," he said. "Once you have a chance to take this in, I'll be happy to take you on the tour of the house so you can find your way around. I picked a room for you for tonight and got it ready for you, but you're more than welcome to switch rooms tomorrow to any of the extra rooms if there is another one you like better."

The sound of a fire in the fireplace drew the attention of the two cats--Max and Mo. Max, the white one, simply curled up near the hearth, and Mo, the orange tabby, found a place under the chair closest to the fireplace and curled up there. Angus smiled. The cats were at peace. All was well tonight. And, as always, they seemed to know when they were needed in the house. Faith was anxious, and they had merely come in and curled up near the fire, temporarily keeping their distance from the newcomer until she unwound herself a wee bit.

"That one is Max," Angus gestured, "And the other one is Mo. Theyre just muggle cats, but you'll find they're good companions. I'm sure they'll introduce themselves in a bit."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Blackburn Thu May 17, 2012 2:18 am

Faith took the mug shakily and smiled at him. "Thank you.." She said smiling and took a sip of the wonderful smelling tea. She could literally feel her muscles relaxing as she sipped it, and smelt it, and held the warm mug. The fire was comforting, the home was.. just beautiful, Faith couldn't help it, she was staring around the room like a kid in a candy store, trying to take everything in at once. She kept turning her head, her hands gripping the mug hard, so hard her knuckles were white, as she sipped the tea with shaking hands, her eyes finally focusing on Khaat and then Angus. "Thank you..." She said again, her eyes moving to the cats as they came into the room.

She eyed them suspiciously, she wasn't quite sure how to handle herself around animals. Her only real encounter with them was her owl, and she wasn't exactly the most sociable. Of course she WAS in Care of Magical Creatures, but they hadn't really been working on anything that wasn't evil, or.. muggle. Faith smiled at the cats, and tensed up slightly, but she didn't move, she just looked at them, and then went back to staring around the room. "They are very pretty.." She commented, knowing she must look like a fool, but her emotions were all over the place at that moment, and she wasn't quite sure how to handle the situation.
Faith Blackburn
Faith Blackburn
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Khaat picked up her tea mug and sat down in the chair that Mo was sleeping under. Brian picked up his mug and sat down on the stone hearth.

"This is one of the best parts of the day, you know that?" he asked Khaat. "Kids are asleep, house is quiet. I love this time of the day."

"Don't let him kid you," Angus laughed, looking at Faith. "He says that now, but his real favorite time of the day is breakfast. He just weird enough that he loves having all those kids at the table, making all that noise that happy kids make first thing in the morning. He's going to miss cutting food and feeding them. I hope you don't mind a very large noise table at meal times. Because that's a norm here.

"Abbey likes her," Khaat said.

"Then it sounds like it will go well," Angus said. "So long as you can be quick enough to deal with Dakota's temper. Dakota has a bit of a short fuse. You have to be quick to not be in the flight path if she decides to throw food."

"Faith will do fine with that. I have no doubts," Khaat smiled at her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Blackburn Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm

Faith nodded slowly with what they were saying, her eyes still traveling around the room. She held her cup carefully, holding it so that it wouldn't fall over and get all over her legs, she was in an odd moment in her head, she felt so confused, and happy, and scared, and in awe, it was all so much for her, she had simply let her mind go into override mode, and she was just taking it in now.

Faith wasn't thinking of anything in particular as they spoke to her about the children. Children who threw food, lovely, she could handle it.. she had to handle it, she didn't want this place to go away. She was worried, anything at all could happen in the world that would make her not be able to go here. They could decide they hated her, or her children hated her, or their animals hated her, or she wasn't cut out for taking care of all of the children. She was worried, and confused, and she didn't want to leave this happy place. So she HAD to make it work, she HAD to show them that she was able to do this, she just had to force herself to wake up, and get over how overwhelmed she felt at that point.

"Alright." She said and set her cup down, trying her best to smile. "I am feeling better now, thank you, were we going to go on a tour? I'd like to get to know this place before I get to know your children." She said smiling politely at them all.
Faith Blackburn
Faith Blackburn
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun May 20, 2012 12:27 am

ooc: this post is not meant to sound as rambling as it appears. lol. its supposed to sorta be the whole 2 cent tour compacted down to one post. LOL

"Sure," Khaat smiled. "Let's go. I know this is going to be a bit unrealistic, because there is so much information, but try not to let it overwhelm you. Its just a big house. Its the people that makes it a home. Otherwise, its just, well, empty and useless."

She led her into the large gourmet kitchen and showed her around and where things were organized and told her to help herself to whatever she wanted. She showed her the pantry and the backdoor with the paved path and told her it led to the barn and the stables. The dining room was open and airy and right off the kitchen, and it all opened into the living room. There were several bathrooms.

She showed her Brian's office down the hallway on the ground floor and the playroom, along with the room that had been changed into a potions lab for her father, and a sitting room. She showed her the gym in the basement, the locker rooms with bathrooms, along with the wine cellar, the indoor pool, the laundry room, and the basement rec room with the bar and the pool table.

Upstairs were bedrooms. Each bedroom had a full bath. Their master suite was on that floor, as well as the nurseries for the girls and the one for the boys. Angus's room was up here, and several guest rooms. The entire house was a large log home in American Southwest decor. Khaat found the room easily that Angus had chosen for Faith. It had adobe colored walls with hardwood floors, native american rugs, warm wood southwest styled furniture and fabrics and accessories, a stucco southwestern fireplace with a comfortable sized flame, and, as with any other room that Khaat or any other woman would be using, there were fresh flowers tastefully done on the dresser tops and table tops. Part of the room near the fireplace was decorated as a sitting area with a loveseat and a coffee table, and off to the right was a full bath and a comfortable walk in closet. Angus had put out fresh towels and had lit the lamps so that the room was warm and inviting. He'd stocked the bathroom with all the amenities Faith would need.

"This is your room," Khaat told her. She went inside and looked out one of the large windows. "Ah, I see you hae a view of the new garden. It's a pretty view at sunrise." She didn't want the storm to frighten her so she closed the drapes. "Angus's room is just across the hall, and our room is just next to his on the left. The girls are down the hall on our side of the hall, and the boys are right across from the girls. I know its a lot of information all at once, but nobody bites. Its fine if you get lost. I did when I moved in. Ask whatever questions you want.

She accio'd Faith's bag and when it arrived, she set it on the bed for her. "You know," she said, "You have the right to make this yours. However you want. This is your home. You'll need a portkey. I'll make sure I get one to you.

" I don't expect you to remember this, but, just so you have a basic idea what sorta happens here on a good day...Angus has breakfast ready as a buffet from 6 am til 7:30 0r so. Lunch is typically noon til about 1:30. Dinner is typically at about 6 or 6:30 depending on our work schedules. But there is always a lot of stuff in the fridge. Angus always overcooks so feel free to help yourself.

"It looks like there is plenty of shampoo and soap and those sorts of things already in the bathroom for you. The laundry does itself daily, so if you just put your clothes and towels in the hamper, they'll be returned to you within 24 hours.

"Oh--and you don't have to worry about safety here inside the house. Its never been penetrated. But we are in the woods, so there are wild animals in the woods. We try to keep them controlled, but going out at night might be something you want to get used to first. During the day, the wildlife will avoid you. They're more frightened of you by far.

" And in case you want to find us, Angus is always up by 4. Brian and I try to be up by 5. We always go to the gym first or out to the outdoor pool in good weather. Its just our habit. Do not think you have to keep our schedules. Not at all. Then we get the kids up and dressed and bring them to breakfast. We try to at least have 2 meals a day together when we can. Lunch is unpredictable during the week. Angus tries to be in bed by 9 or 10. Brian and I try to be in bed by no later than midnight. Oh, and our friends and family sort of opo in and out at will at all hours. You'll get used to that. In the morning, we'll show you the stables and the riding trails and some of the things outside on the grounds. Now---when I moved here, and Brian told me all this, I absorbed about 1% of that the first time around." She laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Blackburn Sun May 20, 2012 2:17 am

Faith was in awe, she was led around the house, following along like she was caught in a daze. She tried to look polite, but half of the time she had her mouth hanging wide open, her eyes staring at anything and everything. Once she ran her hand along the counter in the kitchen, just to feel for the cracks that her mind was telling her had to be there, but they weren't, it was perfectly smooth. Faith was completely silent the whole tour, unable to say a single word, unable to even look at the people with her, for fear of falling down again, just staring at everything and trying to absorb as much as possible that Khaat told her.

Faith had never ridden a horse before, never gone swimming, and never actually worked out unless you counted a light jog around the lake at school as a workout. She had never been forced into the company of children all that often, she had never even step foot into a house that was so grand, with plush carpets, and beautiful hard wood, smooth countertops, and stunning views.

When Faith stepped into what was supposed to be her room, she stopped dead and just stared, taking it all in. She would be SLEEPING in here? This room was nearly as big as her entire house, there was a working fireplace, a sitting area, a bathroom, with a walk-in closet. Faith went to the window after Khaat closed the drapes and glanced out, seeing the storm she turned back to the room. Her mouth was partially open, and when Khaat summoned her bags, she quickly shut her mouth and glanced around the room, before looking at Khaat.

Times, places, everything was absorbed by Faith's mind, nodding as she did, glancing around. She wouldn't get lost, she knew that much, but she also knew she wanted to try some things out first. Things like the horses.. she wanted to see one, maybe not ride one.. but see one, she had never seen one up close before. She wanted to smell the pool... not swim, just smell it, see if she could get it embedded in her memory. She wanted to take a bath, she had never actually had a real bath before, only showers, and usually cold ones at home, steaming hot ones in Hogwarts because she could.

Faith glanced at Khaat and smiled. "Breakfast is at 6 until 7:30 ish, lunch is from noon until about 1:30, Dinner is around 6 to 6:30 depending on work schedules, The laundry does itself, Angus is up by 4, you and Brian are up by 5. You go to the gym, or swim outside in good weather, Angus goes to bed at 9 or 10, you and Brian try to get into bed by Midnight.." She listed off everything relatively quickly, her hand running over the covers on the bed before she went and stood in front of the fire, staring into it, still speaking, finally, she turned to look at Khaat. "This isn't going away is it? I'm not dreaming.. am I?"
Faith Blackburn
Faith Blackburn
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun May 20, 2012 2:40 am

"You're amazing," Khaat laughed. "I didn't expect you to begin to remember all that. And no, none of it is going away. Not unless you change your mind and want it to go away. You're welcome to come join us in anything we do whenever you like. On the weekends when we have more time, sometimes Brian and I run. Brian specializes in training aurors. He does the magical training and insists on physical training--if he's the one doing the training, that is. He's kind of a workout nut. He insists on me doing some sort of work out daily.

"Since tomorrow is Sunday, I had planned on just hanging out at home. That will give you plenty of time to get settled and find your way around. Monday, we'll go into Diagon Alley and into London for some clothes for you, your Gringotts account, and for anything else you need. You're welcome to send anything back here that you won't need at school, and we'll make sure that we get everything delivered that you want to take back.

"I would fully expect Brian to go with us. He makes a handy pack mule for all the loads of packages that we buy. And I'm training him pretty well. He's getting used to it. Besides that, I'm really good with letting him pay for it. That works for me really well.

"Now--how about I let you settle in and send your tea up here so you can unpack and relax in peace? Brian and I will be up for awhile. so feel free to make yourself at home. Oh--and Angus always has fresh cookies in the kitchen in the cookie jar. They're irresistable," she smiled and headed downstairs for the tea.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Blackburn Sun May 20, 2012 2:55 am

Faith didn't believe it. When Khaat said it wasn't going away, because she knew.. her father would find out. She would never know how, but he would find out, she'd look too happy, or sound too happy, something, and he'd immediately investigate, and find out.. and then it would all go away.. everything that was nice in her life always did. She had once made a friend at school.. she had been really young, probably five or six, and she'd met a girl on the playground, they had had fun for one day.. next day, Faith was hit for talking to strangers, and they moved.

Faith nodded as Khaat spoke, and she looked back at her, her mind churning, as she did, her hand moved up slowly, and she pinched the inside of her arm, just to make sure it wasn't a dream.. it hurt.. it actually hurt, hurt a lot, and that meant she wasn't dreaming.. in fact, the fact that she was thinking that it might be a dream meant it wasn't a dream.. one last test, Faith found a book with her eyes, looked at the title, looked away, and then looked back. It said the same thing.. this was in fact real life. And she wasn't dreaming..

"Thank you Khaat.. you've been very kind to me." She said softly, her eyes lowering towards the ground, her head bowed slightly, her hands clasped in front of her, a submissive pose, one she had been taught was the proper way to thank someone, from her time she had spent in Japan, and a pose her father often made her use when addressing him at all. She was made to go into that exact stance, legs together, head bowed, eyes lowered to the ground, and she looked weak, scared, and even more so, she looked abused. Because from this pose, a small bruise on her arm was visible to Khaat, because her sleeve had ridden up just slightly to reveal it.
Faith Blackburn
Faith Blackburn
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum