Second Glances, Second Chances - Page 16
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Second Glances, Second Chances - Page 16 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Second Glances, Second Chances

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Second Glances, Second Chances - Page 16 Empty Re: Second Glances, Second Chances

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:19 pm

"There is a connection," Kate decided to tell her the truth. "Most of us have both positive and negative thoughts and feelings about everyone that we know. Its very normal. But..." she chose her words carefully. "For some reason, when you think negative thoughts about your father, it causes you some significant distress. It wouldn't be entirely unheard of when a single parent invests himself so deeply into his child. Regardless of how healthy or not we think those connections are, they're still there.
You might do well to try to keep focused on the present. Or try to, anyway."

"And yes, I think a pygmy puff of your own might be just the right thing. Go ahead and go pick one out," Brian smiled. "Kate, do talk to Max and Mo and Archangel please."

"If I can find them."

"Archangel was out flying," Brian said. "Havent' seen the cats."

"How can you lose 2 cats?" she frowned.

"Kate," Brian laughed. "Do you realize how big this house is and how small a space those cats really can fit into? You could just accio them, you know."

"No, I don't think so. That just pisses them off. I would be ticked too if someone just uprooted me and sucked me into a different room of the house without my permission. I'll find them Don't worry."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Second Glances, Second Chances - Page 16 Empty Re: Second Glances, Second Chances

Post by Faith Blackburn Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Faith frowned when they told her of the pain she felt when she thought negatively about her father. She didn't understand it, but they were right, if she didn't think about him at all.. Maybe the pain wouldn't come back. Though just thinking in that sense made her stomach start to twist painfully. Maybe forgetting him wasn't a good idea after all... maybe she should, try to just think about the good times, and the pain would stop. She smiled slightly, and the pain disappeared as another happy memory flew into her mind's eye. "There... that does the trick.."

Faith grinned and stood up, but winced and sat back down. "My leg hurts again.. can you fix it?" She asked, looking at Brian for a bit of comfort, and just because she really liked Brian. A father figure to her, she had connected to him unlike she had connected to anyone else in the house, maybe it was because her own father had shared similar facial features as Brian, she didn't know, but she liked him, his kind words, and forgiving smile, it just made her feel happy.

"Oh! The cats? I saw them up in Khaat's room.." she said smiling at Kate. "You should look there first! They were sleeping with her.. I mean.." Faith's face heated up. "I went to see if she was okay.. and they were there.." She said, her face going red, before she looked up and smiled at Brian. "She seems to be doing alright though! At least the cats were keeping her company!"
Faith Blackburn
Faith Blackburn
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:55 pm

"Sure," Brian said. He simply laid his hand on her leg and reduced the swelling and the tissue damage. It seemed like what he had done had been undone. And that just didn't happen. Not like that. He drew off the pain. Robert might be right. Muggle methods might be better for her because they would not affect whatever magic was at work, and Kate seemed to have a piece of the puzzle that she hadn't been able to tell them yet. He was glad the positive thinking was helping.

When she said she had found the cats by checking on Khaat, that made Brian smile. "Well, I"m glad you checked on her. You're welcome in any room of the house. She doesn't get those headaches very often, but there isn't much of a cure for them other than for her to rest. I've tried drawing off the pain, but they seem to be more a result of some sort of magical fatigue. Restorative potions and seers' tea sometimes help if we catch it early. But after a point, simple old fashioned rest is the best thing.

"It doesn't help that she works 2 and 3 jobs," Kate said. "We're glad you're here, Faith. Khaat works 2 jobs, so does Brian. We're all in and out at all hours. We never seem like we have enough help around here, especially with the kids. But..I will go up right now and have a talk with Max and Mo. I'll catch up with Archangel and remind him when he returns but he's been very good about not eating the other animals. And don't let all those puffs talk you into adopting them all. They will try. Definitely." She smiled and went upstairs looking for the cats.

"You have to ignore part of that," Brian smiled. "She knows what she means, but not all of us actually can hold a conversation with the animals. But she's right--all those puffs are going to want to come with you. And thats not a bad thing. It will hep us actually find them good owners soon."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Blackburn Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:17 am

Faith felt a sense of relief once the pain in her leg was gone, and she grinned at Brian, standing up. "Thank you." She lowered her head, and did a small bow in his direction, her eyes glued to the floor. "It feels much better now." Faith watched Kate with interest. She was a beautiful woman, just like the rest of the family, and Faith vaguely wondered if it was something in the food, or maybe just the magic in the air kept people healthy and beautiful here.. or maybe it was just in their genes, because everyone in this family was beautiful, and Faith felt like she stood out like a sore thumb.

Grinning at Brian, she took off, running out of the house and to the barn. Once inside the barn, she closed the door behind her, and went to the stall that had the pygmy puffs in it. She did the same quick maneuver as she had before, slipping in without a problem. Once inside, she spun around and looked down at all of the tons of little bouncing balls of fur that pressed to get nearer to her, all of them vying for attention. Faith's eyes scanned the group, but her eye was instantly caught by one in the corner.

It was smaller then the rest, and had an odd muddy brown color to it. It was shaking slightly, and staring at her beneath it's slightly shaggy fur, hair, stuff. It looked uneven, and not at all like the rest of the bouncing ones around her feet. She strode over towards it, and crouched down a few paces from it. "It's okay.. I'm not going to hurt you.." She said and held out her hand. The rest of the pygmy puffs seemed to not like that one, because they kept a good distance away from it, and it was that close that Faith could see he was skinnier then the rest as well. "Come here.. it's okay.." Faith held out her hand, and after a few curious sniffs, the creature bounced over, and licked her finger. Faith giggled slightly, and the pygmy puff jumped back, staring at her with wide, dark eyes.

"Hey.. it's okay.. come on.. I'm gonna take you with me." Faith said softly, and as though the creature knew what she had said, it bounced into her hand, and snuggled up against it, rubbing it's nose on her thumb. Bringing him to her chest, Faith let him curl up against her, before she placed him on her shoulder. She didn't know if it was a boy or a girl, but it was sooo adorable as it snuggled up against her ear and gently licked it, before it settled down, humming contentedly. Faith grinned, and knew she was stuck, happy that she had found the perfect one. Going back through the mass of pygmy puffs, she quickly got out of the stall, and rushed back home, the pygmy puff swaying on her shoulder the whole way.

"I found it!" She grinned, going back into the kitchen. "I don't know what gender it is... but it's perfect!" She grinned happily, doing a small twirl, as the pygmy puff desperately clung to her shoulder, before settling back down peacefully against her ear.
Faith Blackburn
Faith Blackburn
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:00 pm

"Ah, that one," Kate smiled. "Its a little boy. He was the runt of the litter and stays off to himself. I have no idea how he turned out to be brown. Neither of his parents were brown, but who knows? Anyway, he's a bit timid, and the others tend to not let him eat. Sometimes runts can be shunned like that. I'm glad to see he has a good home. He looks perfectly contented now."

Kate began to get the aroma of something from the kitchen. "Looks like Angus is working on lunch," she said.

"Worked," Angus said, floating plates to the table. He had the table set itself, and then floated a large pitcher of sweet tea and one of lemonade to the table, followed by large bowls of spinach salad, fruit salad, and a large platter of hot, fresly grilled paninis in all sorts of flavors.

"I'll help you get the kids," Kate said to Brian.

"If you see Robert,..." Angus began.

"We'll tell him," Brian said.

"What about Khaat?" Angus asked.

"Oh, let her sleep," Brian said. "It'll be alright for her to miss lunch." He looked at Faith. "Ready for more food throwing? Because its about to begin as soon as we get this herd to the table."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Blackburn Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:53 pm

"The runt?" She asked frowning, before shaking her head and shrugging. "I like him though.. he's cute, and very friendly, and I don't have to worry about him hopping all over the place, or getting lost.. I think he likes it right here." She said reaching up and patting his head lightly, and the little creature made a soft squeak noise, before settling back in to cuddle up against her ear. Faith giggled and then looked up when she realized there was food. "Already? I feel like I just ate breakfast!" She smiled and sat down at one of the places, happily. She gently removed the Pygmy Puff from her shoulder and looked up at Khaat. "Did you say it's a boy? I'm going to have to name him.." She said gently holding the creature against her chest, listening to the small squeak noises it made in happiness.

She gently set him on her lap and then looked up at Kate again. "What kind of stuff does he eat? Can I sleep with him in my bed... or should I get some sort of kennel thingy.. oh, does his hair grow? His seems kinda shaggy, how often do I have to wash him?" Faith realized she was asking a lot of questions and flushed bright red, sinking down in her seat somewhat. "Sorry.. I guess I just would rather know things instead of making a mistake.." She looked around and flushed red again, before she picked up her fork and started to eat.
Faith Blackburn
Faith Blackburn
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:13 pm

"Pygmy puffs are incredible easy to take care of. They're scavengers," Kate said. "Just let them go about and they'll eat spiders, bugs and dustbunnies and all sorts of things we humans don't really need. He appreciates attenion, a good brushing, and if you want to give him a bath, just use a couple drops of your shampoo. It doesn't take much. Although, that one doesn't particularly like getting wet. If you do bathe him, make sure you put the stopper iin the sink because once they're wet, they get so small they can zip down the drain and its bloody awful trying to get them back out. Partly because they're so little and partly because they like all the gunk down the drain. For right now, you're right. He looks very comfortable with you."

They made a quick trip upstairs and brought down the kids for lunch.

"Come eat, Faith," Brian said. "Angus's family lives in Italy, and he does incredible Italian food. The paninis are really good. And if I know him he's baked cookies this morning."

"Me? When do I bake cookies?" Angus laughed.

"Daily," Brian said. "I don't know how you do all you do, but we always have fresh bread, fresh scones, and fresh cookies." He sat down at the table and Angus put some little plastic bowls of noodles and vegetables in front of the babies and sippy cups of milk. Brian picked up the plate of paninis in front of him and chose one made from roast beef and then passed the plate to Faith, as Kate started the salad around the table.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum