Old friend - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Old friend - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Old friend

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Old friend - Page 2 Empty Re: Old friend

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:08 pm

Funny. You are so funny. Let's just break the fourth wall from now on shall we? But anyway, Andrew looked at Miseria curiously, wondering by what she meant. He was a little creeped out to say the least. "I don't know if I want to now..." he said with a chuckle. Andrew continued to hold his arms around his side, feeling the heat from his body begin to warm up his arms a little. "Winter sucks because it's just blistering cold here," he said, his teeth chattering lightly "I'd rather be in New York or something and just relax in my apartment. At least I have a heater there..." He placed his hood onto his head, the cowl covering up both of his eyes now. It helped his ears out a little.

"Oh hell no," he said, this time a little distraught "if I'm going to be wearing a dress, I expect some money or something in return! And no flash photography either, I do have some dignity you know." When she asked about the expedition, he sighed and said in a calming tone "I had killed a dragon many months ago, and now I'd like to at least find one. Not to just kill it, but to maybe study them. I'm interested in them now."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:30 pm

“I'm sure you don't,“ she replied quickly, winking at him. Of course Miseria didn't like to walk around outside when it was storming and so cold that she couldn't feel her own legs and fingers, but she loved winter. It was so adorable; perfect time to sit somewhere warm and drink hot chocolate with marchmellows and enjoy some good time with an interesting book or some good company. “Ah, you're such a kitty! And I thought that the Gryffindors are fiery monsters who stand up no matter what! And you're right here, telling me that you'd rather be at your New York's appartment and just... sit?“ Good lord, even her daughter, Dakota, loved winter! She loved making those little snow angels and play snow war with those who were ready to enjoy their defeat!

Miseria sighed loudly. “But... but... not even for my birthday?“ she asked sadly. But then she smiled:“You got yourself a deal, Andrew. I will pay you for putting on a pink fairy dress with little wings, and you will walk like that all day long... Oh, and don't forget, all my family will be there and you will get a nice chance to meet my daughter. She'd Love you forever for this!“
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:43 pm

"Fighting a dangerous madman is nothing compared to the blistering cold," he said, his body beginning to warm up again "You can fight a madman and kill him, but when it comes to the cold, you can never kill it. Unless you get into a heated place. Such as near a fire." Andrew slid down the wall and sat on the floor, realizing that was probably a big mistake. The floor had been freezing and he hadn't realized it since he was wearing thick shoes. "Does everything need to below freezing here?!" he asked, quickly standing back up.

"I really don't think that'd be a good idea," he said, his face showing signs of displeasure "I wouldn't want to scar your daughter with how I'd look in a dress. How about I just dress up as Santa or something?" Hopefully she'd agree to that. Andrew thought he wouldn't make a bad Santa now that he thought about it. He just needed a large white beard and he would be perfect.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:00 pm

Miseria sighed quietly. They would argue about pros and cons in cold all day long if she'd reply with her opinion. Instead, she just looked at him, how he sat down and how fast he got up. “If you're so afraid of cold, why don't you go somewhere warmer? We could go to the Room of Requierments and sit there. You could also warm yourself near the fire, and maybe, if we're lucky enough, the room would give us some hot chocolate and some other tasty and hot stuff?“ She raised her eyebrows. Actually, she wouldn't mind sitting over there and just starin at the fire, though she'd love to watch the school grounds which were covered with snow.

“Oh, don't be such a puss, Andrew! My birthday is on February, it's kind of late for Santa, don't you think?“ She asked with a soft smile on her lips before she looked away, her eyes, once again, looked glassy and wide. “But you can put on that Santa beard if you want. Oh, and by the way,“ she looked back at Andrew, “About the dragons... Can I go with you? I am also interested in dragons and learning about them would be fantastic.“ Miseria also had a history with dragon fighting in her past. She almost got killed that day. Fun!
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:14 pm

"I'm afraid of the cold, I just hate being cold!" he stated. To others, they must seem like an old married couple that just fought about everything. Hell, Andrew himself was starting to believe it. Then again, that's just how he socialized with Miseria. "The Room of Requirement sounds good," he said placing his hands into his jacket pocket "at least there I might not turn into a living ice statue." He looked around for the moment, wondering if any teachers had been nearby. Andrew had become more paranoid, always thinking that someone was watching him. Why that was, he wasn't sure, but he knew it was starting to become a problem.

He turned his head back towards Miseria and smiled "Fine. I'll wear a dress for your birthday, but no one else can be around at that time. And no flash photography. I'm serious about that one." He tutted when she said he could wear the beard. "My life is now complete." Andrew hadn't actually thought about planning an expedition, he had been more focused on his research than anything else. "That sounds cool, but we definitely need more people. You never know, we might meet a Hungarian Horntail or something."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:27 pm

So Room of Requierments it is! Miseria raised her eyebrows when Andrew looked around and she did the same, only a little surprised because no one was there besides them. Although she was getting curious about it, she didn't ask any questions. “So... shall we go, then?“ she asked.
The Room wasn't forbidden and every student who wanted to enter it, was able to do so. Besides, both of them were in Potter's Army, and Miseria was also the new leader, so if anyone was to quesion them, they could just say that they were about to practice a little.

However, she turned back into a happy werewolf when Andrew Finally agreed to wear a dress. With a beard, though, but it was also good. And about the photographers... Miseria was sure that there would be someone who'd take some pictures and she'd save one about Andrew wearing a fairy dress for herself and maybe later she'd send a copy of it to Andrew.

“Ah,“ she agreed with him in that. They can never know with what they might meet. “So... um, any ideas who you'd want to call?“ After graduating Hogwarts they had a lot of spare time and probably some old friends would Love to join them.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:42 pm

Andrew nodded his head in agreement and responded with "Yeah, let's go." He started off on a slow walk, turning his head around to see if Miseria was following him. When she was, he continued with his walk, passing a large crowd of people walking to the Great Hall. Well at least Hogwarts wasn't totally abandoned like he thought. "I'm serious though," he smiled "if I find a picture, I'm never doing anything for you again."

"I'm not sure as to who would want to come," he said plainly, his brow wrinkling in thought "maybe Jack would like to come or something. But we definitely can't go to the ministry about this. They'd shoot us down before we'd even explain why we would want to survey them." Now the expedition was the main priority on his mind. Perhaps he'd like to send a flyer in PA wanting to do so. Not the younger ones, but the 5th years and maybe even some adults. Andrian, that's who he'd call.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:50 pm

As soon as Andrew started walking, Miseria followed him, soon walking next to him. She smiled, but she didn't say anything. She didn't want to make any promises. If Andrew would look really funny, she'd take the pictures by herself (let's not count the fact that she doesn't know how to use muggle technology) and save them. Maybe many years later she'd show them to him, but as he promised not to do anything that she'd ask him to, after he'd realize that some pictures were taken after all, Miseria was sure that she'd hide them somewhere safe. Beneath her pillow, for example. No one dared to enter her room without her permission.

Miseria laughed softly when she, once again, used her imagination, and saw herself and Andrew getting shot with muggle weapons right in the middle of the Ministry. “That would be awesome...“ she murmured mostly to herself, not even bothering to lower her voice. Maybe Andrew didn't want to get killed by mad wizards! But the idea of calling someone from PA... Miseria didn't like the idea of calling 5th year students with them. Althouh they were strong, and knew how to use their wands, what would they do if they'd actually run into a Hungarian Horntail? And if there are more than they could handle? She didn't want to risk with their deaths. However, the idea of calling Jack with them wasn't bad. She was strong and powerful witch. They could use her help if she'd agree to come with them. “I'm sure that someone would join us after we spread the word...“
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:03 pm

Andrew turned his head to Miseria and noticed she was smiling. From what he had said, he could tell that she'd probably do it anyway. He would need to be careful about her, hopefully she didn't have the internet or something. That'd ruin his day to find his picture lurking on the internet somewhere. Regardless, Andrew continued with Miseria through the hallways, eventually reaching the staircase. He could hear the rock begin to shift and a couple floors above them the stairs began to move once more. He got over his fear of heights by just walking up and down those stairs for 7 years.

He started up the staircase and turned to Miseria, stopping for a second. "I really don't want to get shot up in the ministry, thanks," he chuckled "I'd rather like being alive. Brings some slight joy into my life." He then continued up the stairs when suddenly the ground began to move. "Aw great," he said, the stairs rotating to a door that didn't seem familiar. "I guess we gotta wait then." he said while sitting on the railing. Why must the stairs rotate? It drove him insane sometimes. Not to mention late to a couple of classes once a month.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:17 pm

Miseria always loved those rotating stairs. They were fun! Alright, she disliked the way they changed their directions right at the time when she was rushing somewhere, making her being late to some classes or even miss because there were so many corridors that she didn't know and sometimes she even allowed herself to walk in them and travel all around the school. “Oh,“ she did quietly when the stair suddenly changed and she, again, didn't know where were they. She sat down next to Andrew and looked at the paintings. Thank God that they were on a holiday! Otherwise they'd be in a lot of trouble if they'd have a class right now.

Then, she decided to return to the previous topic:“But what if Death is better than life?“ she asked. After all, none of them were dead and the ghosts... You couldn't get much of the information from them. They had emotions, although they couldn't feel. The true dead people were the ones who didn't return and just traveled ahead with their spirit.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum