Marriage is Murder - Page 72
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 72 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 72 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 72 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jack Black Heart Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:43 am

Jess had felt it and quickly in her pajamas ran out of her room to see Robert carrying Khaat in to her room " will he be ok?" she said softly standing in the doorway of the room as Steven Cassidy and Jack all joined her " she over did it at the ball am I right I felt her energy's draining " she said and mentally kicked herself for not making her sit down " they were so happy together."

" Jess it wasn't your fault" Jack said and held her close to him as Cassidy and Steven did the same " she will be ok won't she?" Jack asked.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:55 am

"I wasn't watching either," Robert said. "None of us were. And I dont' think she realized it either. She would not have done this on purpose. Not as important as she believes Christmas is. She would have done her best to be conservative so that she might have had more to give tomorrow." He had her in her gown and in bed and covered. He sat beside her and laid his hand on her forehead. "She either used all of the potion I gave her or her system used it, and I can't tell which. I'll do my best to recharge her a bit overnight.

"Did I miss..." Brian began, hearing voices as he neared his room. And then he saw what they were looking at. He sighed heavily. "Robert, I am so sorry. I knew she was getting a litle tired. That's why I sent her upstairs. I shouldn't have left her. I'm sorry."

"Not your fault," Robert said. "Not anybody's fault. I'll take care of her. Brian, I need you at your best tomorrow, Son. Go find a guest room or go sleep in one of the sitting rooms. You'll have to shoulder the excitement of all five of your kids tomorrow."

"You say that like its a chore," Brian said. "That, Robert, is one of the reasons I breathe. the joy of those kids. That's not work. I'll be fine."

"Nice sentiment. But I want you sharp. I'll call you at the slightest change. Now, go," Robert said , preparing to feed her more potion when she came around, and prepared to give her more of his own energies.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:26 am

Jess looked at Brian " we all forgot to keep an eye on her Brian " she said " don't worry Robert we will I have three of my own who will be excited tomorrow and poor Steven has four " she said but Steven chuckled .

" yes but three are still babies " he said and breathed out a sign of relief witch was short lived as Cassidy smacked his arm.

" hay I'm not a baby and I'm looking forward to tomorrow as well " she said making Jess chuckle " this will be my first Christmas with you guys and I know its going to be great " she admitted
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:52 pm

"Robert," Brian asked, "Will she be able to be up at all tomorrow?"

"I should think," Robert said. "You lot go on to bed. Yes, we will be working out tomorrow. 1 workout session from 5 til 6. Jack and Steven, I'm putting you two in charge of that. We have tripled the gym space to fit everyone in. And yes, we have locked the great hall so that none of the wee ones will get into the Christmas presents until the grownups say they can have them. Plans are, right now, for the grown ups to work out. We have a Christmas swim for anyone not adult age--all the kids including the babies, while the rest of the staff works out. Yes, the Christmas swim will be staffed. And--I have a surprise arranged for the children there. So thats something they won't want to miss.

"After the swim, we will be taking a few minutes to get showered and dressed and then doing breakfast all together in the dining room. Once we've all done that, then we will open gifts. If my time frame works out right, we'll work out from 5-6, change clothes--and I've given 30 minutes for that, and then have breakfast from 6:30 til 7:30. I don't think I'll be able to keep the kids away from the gifts any longer than that. Every person here will have a christmas stocking, but the fun will be in finding yours. Every stocking will be hung over a fireplace somewhere in this house. But--you're all going to have to go on a scavenger hunt to find yours. I figure that will take an hour. Then we will unlock the great hall about 8:30 or 9 am.

"Now, while we're all enjoying the festivities, Brian I want you to take over taking care of Khaat from 4 am on, and kate and I will host the festivities. We'll also take care of our grandkids, with your permission."

"By all means," Brian said. "Are you sure you want me to leave here tonight?" Brian truly did want to stay with Khaat.

"I need you to get a good night's sleep. I will be able to sleep probably tomorrow afternoon. Go ahead. If something changes, I'll call you."

Brian nodded and excused himself. He changed into a pair of flannel pajama pants and went to the sitting room just down the hall--the one done in shades of vanilla and rose and coral that Khaat so loved. He picked up a quilt in those colors, started a fire in the fireplace to take off the chill and made himself at home on the sofa. Even as concerned as he was about her, he fell asleep quickly.

He woke nearly every hour, though, and went back to check on her and on the kids. The kids were always the picture of a trouble free life. He felt glad that he and Khaat had been able to protect them from the horrors that were in their world. Then he went to check on Khaat. Deep in the night, he found Robert had accidently fallen asleep at Khaat's bedside. Brian sat down and found Khaat was becoming so weak that it struck fear deep in his heart. He simply panicked. He sat down and picked her up in his arms and wrapped her close, saying softly that he was refusing to lose her, that he was not living life without her. He swore to her that he would do whatever it took in order to save her.

Suddenly he felt heat all around both of them. He opened his eyes to see a bright green light encircling them both. He didn't understand. He felt an energy leaving his own body. He saw a bright white light leaving his chest and flowing into hers. He was confused. Robert woke at that moment and saw what was happening. He simply sat and waited. The light from Brian was nearly blinding as it flowed into Khaat. And then it died away. When it died away, Robert said softly to Brian. "Check her now." Brian did, and found she was definitely stronger. He looked at Robert. "What was that?" he asked.

"You panicked, didn't you?" Robert asked Brian. "You were truly afraid, in the deepest parts of your soul, that you were going to lose her." Brian paused a moment and then he nodded. "Brian, you were willing to give anything to save her, weren't you, even if it meant your own llife. You were ready to give it all, weren't you?" Brian didn't respond, looking at her, trying not to show the tears that burned in his eyes. Robert laid his hand on Brian' shoulder. "Brian," Robert said gently," don't ever, ever be ashamed of loving your family--especially your wife. You don't know what you've done, do you?" Brian looked at him, looking every bit like a lost little boy. "Brian--you bonded with her. You did what I did with her years ago. I did it to keep her alive back when Remus died. Rob Dent did it by accident because he did love her at the time. You bonded with her because you love her more than you love your own life. A bonding spell never works until you love someone else with the deepest sort of love there is. That bond you have with her will never be broken. Not ever."

"Can I give her some of my energies now? Like you do?"

"You just did," Robert smiled. "You just did, Son." Robert checked her. "Much, much better. Now, I'm going to go get some coffee and I'll be right back. You get her settled again, and then I want you to rest. If you're going to give that much energy at once, then you have to learn to recharge yourself. " Robert refilled his coffee an returned to find that Brian had resettled her and was sitting holding her hand. "Go back to bed, Son," Robert said. "I'll call you when I need you to take over." Brian nodded and went back to the sitting room. He felt some fatigue from the energy drain, but the excitement of it far outweighed his fatigue. It took him a bit to go back to sleep, but he finally managed it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Jess moved to her room and was soon a sleep she woke to a sudden rush of energy a sensation that came from Brian and Khaats room slipping from the bed she moved to the door and watched smiling at them and hearing Robert explain what had happened. Felling like things had slid into place she moved back to her room to sleep.

Next morning Jess showered and dressed for a work out Jack was already working out when she walked in working with him and several others including Steven and Cassidy. Once done she moved to the pool smiling as Andrew joined her diving in and swimming several laps as he did. Jess swum her own laps next to Jack who grinned at her. Both dressed and soon started to search for there Stockings finding them on the main fireplace next to Cassidy and Stevens. Cassidy and Steven took there's down and moved to a table to be together as John and the babies arrived to sit next to them both. Jess looked for Robert, Kate, Khaat and Brian wanting to wait for them.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Brian was awake by 4 and unable to sleep anymore, ro rather, unable to try anymore. He went into his room and found Robert there with Khaat. the bed was made, and she was sitting up, leaning on pillows against the headboard. She was awake, and Robert and Kate had helped her refresh and dress. Robert had allowed her jeans and a red v-necked cashmere sweater, and her favorite beaded deerskin slippers. Kate had been in long enough to help her with her hair and her makeup and had chosen for her a simple pair of small gold hoop earrings. Compaired to how she had been a couple hours before, she looked to him like she had made an unbelieveable recovery. He stood a bit distant from them, watching Robert fasten her watch aroun her wrist and then handing her a mug of french roast. He picked up a light blanket and covered her.

"Cat got your tongue, Brian?" Robert asked, not looking up, but clearly knowing he was there.

"How..." Brian was lost for words.

"Your energy and mine, along with the vitamin tonic, some energy potion, and some sleep. She won't miss Christmas today, but she's probably going to miss the swim this morning," Robert said.

"I dont' care," Brian said softly. Swimming was the farthest thing from his mind.

"Go shower," Robert said, patting Brians' shoulder. "She'll still be here ten minutes from now. I promise." Brian got out a pair of jeans and a plaid flannel shirt. He showed and shaved and put his wand in his suede boot. "Now," Robert said when he finished. "If you can take care of things or ten minutes, I'll go shower."

"I'm not going anyplace," Brian said. Robert handed him a cup of coffee.

When Robert was dressed, he and Kate came in. "You're right. He's looking a bit shellshocked," Kate laughed.

"It'll wear off as he gets used to seeing her feeling a bit better. Are you going to help her downstairs or are you going to let her starve, Lad?" Robert asked.

"She can go downstairs?" he asked.

"She can," Khaat said. "Stop talking about me and talk to me."

Robert laughed. "We'll see you two downstairs in a moment. Come, Dear." Robert took Kate's hand and they left and walked downstairs. Robert went to the two deep burgundy velvet stockings that belonged to him and Kate and took them down from the foyer fireplace and handed Kate's to her. He took her to the large dining room and they took their seats.

Brian helped Khaat to her feet and found that she could stand today and walk. He put his arm around her waist supportively and took her downstairs. When they entered the dining room, they were met with a round of applause. News of Khaat's illness last night and her recovery during the night had gotten out, and the staff was glad to see that everyone had been able to make it to Christmas. Brian helped her to her place and then went to the dining room hall fireplace and found the forest green brocade stockings that Kieran had purchased for him and Khaat and took them to their places and laid hers beside her plate and put his own on the table. Then he returned and found some smaller ones. Pink satin for Abbey, Purple satin for Dakota, Ivory satin for Julia, and Gold brocade for Robert Remus, Silver brocade for Michael Brian. He handed the stockings for the girls to them and handed the babies' stockings to Kate and Robert.

"You two dont' want to do this?" Robert asked.

"We'd be honored if you'd open their first Christmas gifts," Brian said.

"Thank you," Kate said, pleased with the honor.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:59 pm

Jess smiled seeing Khaat on her feet again she stood up and moved to her " good to see yo0u up Khaat your looking good " she smiled at Brian then looked back at her handing her a picture o the vine yards of Tuscany that she loved so much. Steven looked at Cassidy and took her hand leading her over to them with a box in his free arm.

" this is from both of us " he said and placed the box down on the table lifting it off he showed them a bronze bust of a native American. " thought it might go well back at the ranch Brian " Steven grinned at him " its one of ten made buy the sculptor Jud Hartmann"
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:08 pm

"Thank you," Khaat said. "I think I'll hang it in our room, Jess. That way I can see it last thing before I go to sleep and first thing when I wake up."

"And I thought you reserved those moments for me," Brian laughed.

"Sometimes, yes," she teased. He laughed, more grateful than he could express that she was still here to tease him. Then Jack gave him the statue. Brian smiled.

"And how did you know I'd been looking for this one?"

"He's been looking for that one for 2 years," Khaat said. "He's had the place picked out for it since he first knew about it. I don't know of anything you could have given him that he wanted more."

"Brian? You have our gifts?" she asked.

"I do," he said. He handed Steven and Cassidy one small box. "That's for the two of you." He turned and looked at Jack and Jess. "And here's ours to you." Their box was a little bigger, but it was still a relatively small box.

Inside Steven and Cassidy's box was two key chains with two keys on each chain. Inside Jack and Jess's box were 2 key chains. Each one had 3 keys on it. Robert nudged Kate and nodded in their direction so she wouldn't miss it.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:19 pm

Jess chuckled at Brian's remark and took the gift opening it she held the key rings and looked at them both " are we to know what these go to or is it a secret?" she asked handing one to Jack as Steven and Cassidy opened there's smiling as well but all puzzled at what they opened. Jess , Jack, Steven and Cassidy stood looking at each other and each others keys as they moved to stand at the fireplace as they watched the others present their gifts one by one then move back giving Brian and Khaat quite a pile of presents to open.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:26 pm

"Allow me," Robert said, standing. He lifted his wand and flicked it at the large landscape painting over the fireplace. It changed the painting to a silver metallic lamborghini, sitting outside Steven's villa in Tuscany.

"That is what your keys go to, Steven and Cassidy," Robert said. "That's from the four of us--Kate and Khaat and Brian and me. There's no point in having money and not giving your family the things they want. Merry Christmas. We've also added a state of the art gym and a pool to your property and added that land beside it that you wanted that had the orchard of olive trees and lemon trees and the vineyard. You now own the litte winery and the little olive oil press. It's not going to make you multimillionaires but the products they produce are first rate." He waited to allow them to enjoy looking at the photos of the additions and of the car before he showed Jack and Jess what their keys went to.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top