Marriage is Murder - Page 22
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 22 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 22 of 100 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 61 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 22 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:29 am

Cassidy chuckled and nodded " nice touch " she said " hum 3 years, must be a boring book?" she looked at the cover and just shrugged. " sure I'm sure jack or Steven will help with bringing in the food I'll help with the kids " she said she looked out at the pool and nodded changing her clothes she moved out side and spread a cloth over the outside table and laid it for dinner. " I think dinner would be best, I feel it would be disrespectful not to do it first " she said placing down the cutlery.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:51 am

Brian picked up the book and looked at the spine. "The Collective Biographies of Chief Healers of St. Mungos," Brian read. "Its not that she isn't interested in the hospital's history. She is. But see for yourself. Its a really badly written book. Unfortunately, its the only one that we've been able to find. So, she's tried so often to read it that I think she's got herself programmed to sleep when she spends more than about 2 minutes with it.." He handed her the book to examine for herself. "Robert has read it, but then, the man soaks up books like a sponge soaks up water."

Brian perked up, and he noticed that Max and Mo did too as they laid between Khaat and Robert on the sofa. It was a tiny noise, but Brian had heard it. "They're back," he said. "I have to confess, I really have been focusing in on listening for that car. Its not that I don't trust them, but I can't get Abbey out of my mind. I should have been the one to see to her and to comfort her and heal James's damage. I'm her daddy. I don't want her to ever think, not for one moment, that I won't be there for her."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:02 am

Cassidy smiled as she too heard the sound of a car pulling up " have to admit I have too and the book does look rather serious for my taste " she said as the main door opened. Andrew ran in and over to his car and began playing with it as Jess pushed the sleeping babies in in the stroller.

" shush there sleeping " she said and chuckled softly " they tired them selves out " she pushed them over to Brian and cassidy who smiled at the sleeping Fallon.

" well that is a first shes been awake early for the past few days" she said and smiled " fresh air does wonders." she smiled and looked at Jack and Steven carrying the food in and quickly moved to help Steven " want a hand?" she asked and herd him chuckle.

" wouldn't go a miss" he said and handed her several bags of food " Take these to the kitchen " he said as Jack brought in more food " I got to get the rest of the kids" he said and moved back outside.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:09 am

Brian nearly flew out to the car to see Angus getting Abbey unbuckled from her car seat. He looked at the massive black bruise that nearly covered the entire side of her face and it made his heart ache. He realized he was, to a certain extent, getting used to seeing Khaat bruised. But their firstborn baby girl? No. that just wasn't right. She reached her hands out to him, trying to get past Angus.

"Angus? Please?" Brian asked softly. Angus turned, saw Brian and smiled.

"Of course, Mate." He stepped away and went around the car to get Dakota, who was all smiles and giggles and she chattered to him, something about the sandbox. Brian lifted Abbey out of the car seat and kissed her little face.

"Daddy make it better," she said to him when he kissed her.

"Yes," Brian smiled. "You're my girl, you know that?" She nodded, putting her arms around his neck. Angus lifted Dakota out and they carried the girls into the house.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:18 am

Jess walked in with a pile of boxes and bags in her arm " are we feeding an army?" she asked placing them down in the kitchen and walked back into the living room smiling when she saw Abby with Brian " that will go soon " she said reassuringly to him. Cassidy walked over to the table and started to open the boxes and packets.

" close Jess just the men and us " she said and Jess chuckled " so yeah close to it I guess" she looked at Angus " the outside tables set waiting on the food and glasses for every one for the toast , Brian thought it would be a nice touch to toast the fallen before we eat " she said placing down a carton of food witch she had no idea what it was but smelt good.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:37 am

Kate came out from the bedroom. "Sorry," she said. "I had a mountain of mending to do. I usually do that by hand, but I decided there was too much of it. So I gave up and used a charm to mend all that stuff. I smell food. Good. I'm starving. Brian, can you release Robert from the potions you gave him?"

"Spells dont release potions generally, but I can try," Brian said. "It might help him eat. " He went over and laid his hand on Robert's forehead. Robert woke, groaning.

"Don't do that again," he said. "That hurts like hell. Whats the matter?"

"Lunch. You and Khaat need to eat."

"I just ate," he said sleepily.

"That was hours ago," Kate said. "Wake up. Your presence is required today."

"Of course it is," he said drolly. Brian woke Khaat up and told her she needed to try. She didn't say a syllable until she heard Abbey talking to Brian. Then she perked up. "Abbey," she said.

"She's right here with me and she's fine," Brian said. He looked at Abbey. "Mama wants to see you. Okay?" Abbey nodded, immediately reaching for Khaat. Brian put Abbey on Khaat's lap and Abbey cuddled tight to her, Khaat was going to inspect the bruises on her face when Abbey instead laid her hand on Khaat's cheek softly, looking at her inquisitively. She looked at Brian.

"Mama's fine," Brian said. "I promise. Are you both hungry?"

"I want Mama," Abbey said, determined.

"After lunch you can spend the rest of the day with her if you want.."

"Let her stay with me," Khaat said. "Please."

"Are you strong enough?"

"For Abbey? Anything," she said.

"It'll be alright, Brian," Robert said. Brian turned to Steven and Jack.

"Can one of you help Robert out to the table without breaking more ribs or dropping him, please?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:42 am

Steven chuckled " hay I have not dropped cassidy ...ow right I did into the pool " he said and chuckled " ok I'll do it " he said and walked over picking Robert up he carried him out to the table by the pool. " there you go not dropped " he said and walked back inside to Brian " ok whose next?" he asked and Andrew ran over to him.

" me me me" he said and Steven lifted him up and over his shoulder where Andrew giggled loudly as Steven spun him around and walked out to the table " mommy daddy I'm flying " he said and giggled as Steven walked.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:14 am

"Thank you," Robert said. "I probably could have walked it but in doing so, I take more from Khaat. Its been a fine balance for almost 20 years."

"I could have make you pocketsized and brought you myself, you know," Kate said to him, putting a large pitcher of iced tea on the table, with a large tray of hot Chinese tea fwith a lot of little Chinese tea cups following her and setting itself on the table.

"No thank you," he said. "Youre entirely too eager to do that. The food smells good. Maybe I'm hungry after all."

Brian had had a change of heart, and he looked at Khaat. "Do you two want to go out with us? You can sit on the lounge to eat. You and Abbey..."

"NO!" Abbey demanded. Brian and Khaat both frowned. She'd never been that forceful. Brian knelt in front of the sofa and looked at Abbey.

"What's the matter?" he asked her softly.

"Doggies," she said firmly. "Doggies outside."

"No, no, Sweetheart," his heart sank. She was afraid. "The bad doggies are gone. Papa and Grandma are outside, and Uncle Jack and Uncle Steven..."

"Daddy not. Mama not," she said.

"Take us outside," Khaat told Brian. "I wont have her being afraid in her own home."

"Alright. I think that's wise. And I'll stay right with you until she feels secure. She must have been fine at the park or I'd have heard."

"She wasn't hurt at the park. James wasn't in the park," she reasoned. Brian picked up Khaat who was already holding Abbey. Khaat felt Abbey stiffen, but she merely stroked her hair to soothe her as Brian took them outside and put Khaat on a lounge chair. It felt wonderful to feel the sun on her skin again. She watched Angus assembling plates and setting them out and Lee's top two supervisors opening bottles of wine and pouring them into delicate crystal wine glasses at each place. For the children, Angus had provided unbreakable glasses and sparkling apple juice. He wanted them to always feel a part of he family, no matter what. Khaat appreciated Angus's sensitivity to the kids. One of Lee's men brought over three glasses--one for Khaat, one for Brian, and one for Abbey. Abbey frowned at the elegant glass after hearing them say it was for her.

"Ick," she said.

"Ick?" Brian laughed. She pointed to the glass.

"You like juice, right?" Khaat asked. She nodded. "Well," Khaat continued. "This is just juice."

"Bubbles," she pointed, frowning.

"That's right. Its juice--the same juice you drink every day. It just has bubbles. Look, we have some too," Khaat said, pointing to her and Brian's glasses of wine.

"No bubbles," Abbey observed. Brian laughed.

"She doesn't miss a thing," he said.

"We'll be fine," Khaat said. "You wait and see."

"Robert," Kate said, "You're needed to make a remembrance toast for Lee's men."

"I had figured that out," Robert said.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Jess had heard Abby and sighed as she walked out to the poolside beside Brian who carried Khaat and Abby she poured out some wine for herself and the others and moved to stand with Jack she slipped her arm around him and held him close to her hoping Abby would not fear jack and Andrew knowing they were wear's like James. Cassidy moved to stand with Steven as he placed his arms around her all waited for Robert as each man stood around took a glass and stepped back the pool area was filled with men all looking at Robert waiting for his salute to the fallen men of that day and those past. Andrew sat his sippy cup filled with juice and looking at all the men around some still stood at there posts.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:59 pm

"Excuse me," Brian kissed Khaat softly, just as Lee and the aurors that went with him ported back in. "Lee," Brian said. "Come join us. Please."

Lee motioned to the men with him to come to their places around the table. Brian went over to Robert and whispered to Robert. Robert nodded slightly. Brian put his hands under Robert's shoulders to help him stand. Robert put his hands on the table to push himself up. "Careful," Brian said. "Let me help." Brian lifted him to his feet, not allowing Robert to put strain on the massive wound he had. Brian could hear the almost completely silent short breath of pain Robert had inhaled. There was no outward expression on his face, but Brian knew he hurt. He really hurt.

"I'm alright now," Robert said to Brian. Brian removed his hands from beneath Robert's shoulders but stayed at his post right behind him. Robert raised his glass and watched everyone else raise theirs. Then Robert spoke. "It is not right for us to gather as a collective group to break bread together without giving thanks to our friends and allies for their friendship, their dedication and their fierce loyalty. In the face of the heavy losses today, we remember. We thank you for your immeasurable sacrifice and we grieve with you for your loss. We pledge to attend the memorial service of the men who so willingly stood strong against a vicious foe this morning. We pledge to generously remember their families. And we renew our commitment to stand with you as allies in the struggle against any dark arts intruder that would threaten your country in any manner. We pray for peace and comfort for you all in this painful time, and we thank you. To every one who fights with us, and to those who were overtaken today, we thank you. With your permission, Lee, our family would like to establish a memorial garden in the location of your choice to remember every victim our enemies have taken from us today. For all you've done for us and all you continue to do, we toast you, and we thank you."

Lee was moved by Robert's words, and he spoke, "Robert," he said, "your country has allied with ours for hundreds of years. It is our honor and priviledge to provide you, the rightful authority in your country, with sanctuary and support. Our department of magic has agreed to continue ot stand by your and continue to guard and protect you and your loved ones on our shores or on yours. This incident will not serve to damage our relationship but, for the sake of those we lost, we pledge that it will strengthen our bonds. Robert--thank you for your friendship. We stand, no matter the outcome, with you. You have our word."

Lee's men affirmed it by the raising and toasting of their glasses. Robert returned the gesture and he watched everyone in his family and staff join him in returning the toast. There was a short pause of rememberance and then Robert said. "Let us move onto lunch before it gets cold." He motioned for them to sit. As they sat, Brian put his hands back under Robert and helped him to sit with a minimum of pain. Robert dismissed him to go eat, and Brian returned to Khaat and Abbey.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 100 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 61 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top