Do You Come Here Often? - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Do You Come Here Often? - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Do You Come Here Often?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do You Come Here Often? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Come Here Often?

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:48 am

"This is deep in the forest on the edge of Hogsmeade, between Hogsmeade and the school. Closer to Hogsmeade," she said. "Not the Forbidden Forest. The Forbidden Forest is on the property of the school. This place was owned by a wizarding farmer, and when my father was able to actually operate as the Minister of Magic, he purchased it and put me in charge of developing it as a memorial garden after the battle at Hogwarts," she explained. If you head straight from the school, as if you were heading to the train station at Hogsmeade, when you get to the crossroad where the road post is, head south for about a half a kilometer. The forest is on the west side of the road and buried in the darkest center of the forest. There was a natural clearing here. It buffers the sound from the outside world. How you got here today,...well, I can only hazard a guess. I would guess it has more to do with how your magical powers and mine connect. But I am not entirely sure." She paused for a moment and opened an olive green canvas messenger bag that was sitting beside her. She paused for a moment. "This belongs to my husband, but...he doesn't need it anymore," she smiled. "He would approve of my giving it to you." She opened a small change purse and drew out a very, very plain looking golden ring. There was a very simple, tiny green emerald in a triangular shape, looking more like a miniscule chip of an emerald. It looked like it was nothing at all special. In fact it looked rather quaint.

"Do not let its small and simple appearance fool you," she said. "Take it and put it on. Point the wide side of the triangle out, with the point facing towards you. When you do that, the energies are so very slight, the powers it has are almost completely undetectable, even with a Reveal spell. However, be very careful. If you turn the ring over and put it onto your left hand, it utilizes your body's magical abilities and also the blood system that most directly connects to your heart. And because the stone is mine, when you turn the point outward, it will serve to alert my seers senses that you are summoning me. I can use the summoning spell to either apparate or portkey directly to you. Use it for emergencies. And never when you are with someone else--unless you and I agree that they are safe to include in our secret.

"The next time we meet, I will bring my other bag and we will start to check to see what we can do to increase your health. It is important that you learn how to be a good actor and to not show your professors that you have changed even in the very slightest, unless you decrease your apparant strength. Be careful that you do not do that too much, lest you end up in the hospital wing and find yourself under too strong a guard to be able to free yourself even if you needed to. It is a dangerous fine line.

"Trust no one completely unless you check with me first. If you see faces that are not professors amongst the castle, check with Professor Tremaine. But my guess is that they will not be to be trusted. Oh, and here..." She dug further into her bag and produced a simple Italian Euro coin. It was small, old, knicked up and well worn. "Take this. Show this to Professor Tremaine when you see him. It is not magical, but he will understand it. Do not worry about defending me. You can best do that by following whatever Michael...er..Professor Tremaine tells you, no matter what. I am very excellently protected. Always. When the Hogsmeade trip comes up, we can meet again. And then we can discuss other places where we can go, in case this place becomes compromised--most likely by your classmates that will want to use this garden for, well, romantic pursuits. There are other private places we can meet. But until then, you can send any messages to me through Professor Tremaine. He is..well,..for all practical purposes,...family to me. I know I have given you a mountain of information. Do you have any questions?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23617
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:48 pm

Sabriel smiled inwardly, accepting the ring with grace. "Thank you," he told her. He slipped it on his right hand, the point facing inward. It was rather simple, very much unlike the flashy jewelry bestowed upon him on his birthday. Sabriel actually found it very refreshing.

"Thank you," he told her. "If there is one thing I believe I am good at, it is keeping secrets." He bit the inside of his cheek, hoping he didn't sound even the slightest bit cocky. But, as his sisters often commented upon, Sabriel's quietness was pregnant. It held a certain poignant quality that drew them to spoil him. "Well, I cannot promise anything, though. But you could trust me, as I am sure I can trust you." He smiled. Khaat had certainly won his heart. He had never felt so at ease in a long time. Privately, he hoped the night would last. He would miss Khaat, that was certain.

Sabriel rolled the ring over on his finger a few times before quietly remembering the potency of it. "We will go to Hogsmeade this weekend," he informed her. "And I will try to talk to Professor Tremaine. Saturday evening, all right? I don't forget things easily, but if I do, I will consult Tremaine. Promise."
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:49 am

"This weekend is fine," she said with a smile, hardly able to wait until next weekend. "How about I meet you in Honeydukes. I do owe Michael...er...Professor Tremaine...some of Honeydukes dark chocolate fudge. We could buy him a supply and then we could go talk. Saturday night. I'll be there as soon at sunset. I hope you're good with the unusual. Because Michael never does things in a usual way. I'm already counting the days," she smiled. "I don't know why, but I think you and I are going to be very, very good friends. And don't forget to call me if you need me. I can tell already there isn't much that I wouldn't do for you...." Her thought were interrupted by hearing footsteps. It made her hypervigilant. She stood up, her wand drawn.

"Sabriel, go," she ordered. "Go get yourself safe. You cannot be seen with me, no matter what. At least not now. Someday, we'll walk down any busy thoroughfaire in London and people won't bother us, but thats not today. I've got you covered. Go. Go quickly and don't be seen. I'll see you Saturday."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:33 am

Sabriel hesitated for a nanosecond. Khaat was gravely serious. He snatched his mug, sure not to leave it behind, but how was he supposed to run when he had no idea how he had gotten there in the first place?

Despite it all, he half-leaped, half-scrambled off the bench and ran in the direction from which he had come. The shrubs did not tear at him, but they did brush his legs unpleasantly as he ran. Distantly, he wished he had bid Khaat a final farewell. His body had spoken before he did, reacting to the urgency in her voice. A part of him knew that this was what Khaat wanted despite his urge to turn and head in the opposite direction.

Sabriel tripped. The event was so sudden, he completely lost his bearings and careened face-first in the dirt. At the same time, something severed. There was a swirl of color and numb pain. Then everything started to fade, including the stars. Blackness. He had no time to be afraid.

When he came to, midnight washed over his petite frame. The deep indigo curtains that encircled his bed fluttered lightly in the breeze from an open window. It was cold, but Sabriel sweated. He was running a fever. And he felt weak. Was it all a dream? Somehow, he doubted it.

His thick blonde hair cushioned him as he lay still. He waited patiently for the 'dream' to dissipate, to fade. When fifteen minutes passed and Khaat's face lingered despite his fever, he sat upright immediately. For a moment, he gazed at his hand, searching for the ring. Then he recalled that he had put it on his right hand -- his non-dominant one. It was there! His eyes widened. Khaat! He had ran. There was obviously danger.

Professor Tremaine. Sabriel could not be seen with Khaat, but perhaps he could ..

No. Sabriel shook his head. He we'd being irrational. It could very well be 12am; Tremaine would have retired. And Khaat could take care of herself. When Apollo arose from the foothills in the west, he would consult Tremaine. Until then, he needed rest. Slowly, Sabriel laid back down. He tried to focus, to think, but soon his vision blurred. His fever dragged him into unconsciousness before his silver lashes could flutter one last time.

Last edited by Sabriel Gardinier on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:03 pm

Khaat saw the flutter of a black cloak and the shimmer of a Death Eater mask and she knew they could not enter this Garden and come in here by force. She covered Sabriel until he left. Then she apparated out, hoping Sabriel contacted Michael and very quickly. Michael would figure out the rest. She felt the portkey warm in her hand as she activated it, as it swept her safely back out of England, and safely back to the protection of the safehouse. She liked Sabriel a lot. She wanted him safe, and she knew that for now she had to turn that over to others she trusted. She also wanted to unwind the cause of his fragile health. Hopefully, that would come on Saturday. She was looking forward to it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum