Do You Come Here Often? - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Do You Come Here Often? - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Do You Come Here Often?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do You Come Here Often? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Come Here Often?

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:31 am

"I came here to find a safe place away from the dark arts followers in order to meet with my father's supporters here who are working in secret to try to gather information and supply my father with either espionage information from inside the school or inside the ministry, or the other key places that Grindlewald needs power in order to maintain control. There are a number of us that are hiding in the safehouse. I..I'm a pretty relentless protector of all my children, no matter how old they are. Whether they're one of the teens I have guardianship of, or whether its one of my own babies. You should ask one of my kids," she laughed. "It gets pretty annoying for them at times to have to deal with that. A couple of them have figured out it just is what it is. The others...well, they don't like it as much. I get it . I would annoy me too if I were them. But I also have 4 children of my own who are babies. Two daughters and two sons. And I have an adopted daughter who has a baby. I have custody of that baby as well. So--I have 5 babies to hide. 3 of them are under a year. The other two are a year and a half old. I don't want them drawn into this. So we have a full staff at the safehouse so that the rest of us can move in and out in secret and try to get whatever we need to force Grindelwald out into the open. We can't get to him while he hides.

"So, we slip out of the safehouse, get what we need to help build a battle plan and then slip back again. I don't like living like this. I'd much rather just stand toe to toe with Grindlewald and battle it out, but its not time. We're not ready, and Grindlewald isn't coming out of whatever rock he's hiding under. We haven't been able to find him. We can find his lackies, but not him. But we will.

"But this...this is someplace evil cannot penetrate. And I can meet here and not be found while I'm out of the safehouse. My father's friends gathered some very valuable information and asked that I meet them in order to serve as a courier to deliver it to him. That always means finding a secret meeting place. We move it every time we meet so that the likelihood of being found is decreased.

"So," she said, "tell me a bit about yourself. There is something in you that seems to just fit so very well with nature. And I'm not sure if its nature, or the garden or the time of day...but for some reason this looks like your element. Your desire to be a healer speaks to me and tells me that you have tremendous love and respect for things being as nature intended them to be. It speaks of empathy and compassion and a love of wholeness. But there's something...in your eyes, maybe. I just see something. You are a seeker, too, arent you? You're on a quest of some sort. Something you want...something to complete that wholeness for yourself. Is there something..anything...I can do to join your search for whatever it is you're looking for? Sometimes its just in the knowing that you're not alone that makes all the difference."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23617
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:43 am

(( OOC: Oh damn. You know what, I'll mark the most important paragraphs. ^_^ I also added a little, brief section at the end of Sabriel's profile about his grandfather.))

Sabriel blushed. His eyes fell to his lap, head hanging slightly. A few strands of pale yellow slipped over his shoulder. Somehow a few wayward strands had escaped its tie. He still cradled the half-empty cup of cider, steam rose from its depths. "I .. I'm not all that interesting," he murmured. She wanted to know about him? Him? But what should he tell her? Of course, his family had many things to be proud of. He was often told his lineage was among the best, but Gardinier was simply his last name. Sabriel was certain he had not done anything of importance. But he sighed and swallowed his apprehension.

Khaat had told him more than it was safe to about herself. She was a woman in hiding; and yet she opened her heart and trusted him with information about her family as well? Sabriel admired her, he truly did. If he were to do anything of that sort, he would likely be called foolish. But Khaat, this supreme woman in each and every way, could never be foolish. That word could never suit her. She did what she deemed worthy and just. She was an honorable woman, honor being a trait Sabriel most wished to associate with himself. It would do no harm to speak a little about himself. It would also be a good opportunity to get to know himself for who he truly was. Not who he wanted to be.

***"I am fourteen, but I will be fifteen this December. I have a lot of things I enjoy, but being outdoors, around nature, has always thrilled me in a way I find hard to express. Until now I've never really thought of it as my element. However, it makes perfect sense. Even now, I am overcome with inner peace. A part of me still thinks I'm dreaming."

Sabriel considered astral projection. It would explain why his subconscious was more present than his outer consciousness was. But this was its first occurrence; Sabriel had never experienced anything prior to this other than mild deja'vu. Now suddenly, he was dreamwalking in the middle of a holy garden? With this woman, Khaat? Everything was oh, so real. Was he summoned? Did he summon himself? To a place he did not even know existed? The pondering was giving him a headache, and so he took another sip of cider and went on.

***"My mother was born in France, but she met my father in Italy. My mother's family had owned acres of land in France, and she was unwilling to leave it. My sisters and I would head to the orchards and meadows almost each day. Father hated me going there, though. He would keep me inside. Once we moved, he made sure to choose a city. London." Sabriel carefully skimmed over the details of his grandfather. He would inform her in a moment -- he took that oath to himself. Here was a woman that could give him answers. He was not going let this opportunity pass, but he did need to muster up the courage.

***"The city was nice, I think. I was six at the time, so I don't remember very much. I could tell my mother missed open land -- the forest -- but my father would not have it." Sabriel's voice grew quieter with the mention of Ferris. He was not inclined to reveal just how much of a negative man his truly father was, and how furious the man had been once his irrational opinions and judgments failed to shape Sabriel's very persona itself. Still, he could not help his mind from straying back to him as he spoke to Khaat. That man, Ferris. Sabriel knew nothing about him.

***"Khaat?" he inquired. He swallowed some more cider, as his voice grew strained and very nervous. "Khaat. Do you know anything about a man named Theodore Ruppet?"
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:56 pm

OOC: You don't have a single thing to worry about in your posts. They're wonderful, and I really like how Sabriel is shaping up. Nice!!! Oh, and btw, khaat likes him. she's a very maternal woman, and she likes him a lot.

Khaat listened intently to Sabriel talk about himself and his family. "I love France," she said. "But I love Italy far more. Brian and I own a vacation home in Tuscany. Its got beach on 3 sides. Its spectacular. And, honestly, Brian was my best friend when I was a kid. We more or less grew up together. It wasnt' until we went to Venice that we actually made the leap from being best friends to actually falling in love. He's going to really like you. And so will my mother. My mom is a seer. And she's extremely artistic. Oh, and she specializes in the Care of Magical Creatures. You and she will have that love of nature in common. Maybe someday you can see the wonderful magical creatures we have. We have a pair of unicorns and a hippogryff and...well., a few other things." She thought about the weird oddball rainbow colored pygmy puffs her mother had accidently bred and now there were hoardes of them hopping about the barn, irking her father to no end. It made her laugh.

"You just reminded me of my mother's accident with pygmy puffs. Somehow she ended up with a liter of rainbow colored ones, and they bred and bred and bred. And now we have endless numbers of rainbow colored pygmy puffs in the barn. It irks my father to no end," she laughed.

"Ruppet?" she questioned, rolling the name over in her mind thoughtfully. "Oh, wait....Seems to me I remember just a wee bit. Wasn't he a Death Eater or something?" She had thought she remembered of Remus telling her about tangling with Ruppet at one point or another, but her memories were sketchy. "One thing you should probably know about me...and I'm not sure why I'm feeling compelled to tell you, but I have friends on both sides of the law. I never judge a book by its cover. I judge someone by their hearts. By their spirits. So, I honestly don't automatically hate Death Eaters, or automatically love all Order members. But you..." she looked him directly in his eyes. "You are someone I like. And I am almost always a very good judge of character. I rarely miss," she smiled. "I have a feeling we could be very, very good friends."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:20 am

(( OOC: lol, you're never wrong. I'm just being paranoid. XD Sabriel likes Khaat a lot too. He considers her as some kind of empress or whatever. The kid has a very active imagination; and he definitely cleaves to people like Khaat. ;3 ))

Sabriel nodded. His hands tightened around the mug he held. "Grandmother never believed in "black" and "white". In people, she saw a lot of gray. Except for You-Know-Who; but she did not consider him human at all."

He paused, trying to collect his thoughts. "I asked who Ruppet was because, well .. when I was six, my sister and visited our grandparents. We had still lived in France. It was Bordeaux, France, actually. My grandmother was married to a man named Theodore Ruppet. He was nice to me. To us.

"When my sister and my grandmother went shopping, Grandfather played games with me. It was only correct of him to. However, just as it was his turn in checkers, I recall, he became afraid. At first, he tried to lock me in the bathroom, but then he placed me a vent and shut it. He'd had his want out, then. I assume he put a spell on me, because I was calling for him and suddenly I could no longer speak.

"A man had come. Grandfather was pleading with him, begging him, but he did not listen. He slashed Grandfather many times with a spell I did not know the name of. And I watched. By then my voice had left me; I couldn't do anything. The man called my Granfather a traitor. And then he said a spell disappeared. I learned later, when my grandmother and sister rushed home, that there was a skull in the sky. They themselves did not find me after at least an hour. The spell was still in effect. After that we got out of France as quickly as possible."

Sabriel took a breath. His eyes burned. A few tears settled there, but Sabriel'd be damned if he let them fall. There. He had it all out. The secret. And he was proud to say a great burden was lifted off his shoulders. He had not told anyone, not even his own family. Even when he was brought in for questioning, he did not tell. Even when the secret burned and sizzled, he did not tell. He desired to lock the event deep down in his mind. His heart.

"I suspected that he was a Death Eater, but he seemed far too kind. I believe he had a change of heart somewhere along the line, which prompted his murder. Except, I had no answers. Grandmother never talked about him. I needed to find someone that would,"
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:03 am

"So let's find out," Khaat said. "I don't know what we might or might not see, but it might be worth a try." She reached over and laid her hand very lightly on his. She found his energies were remarkably easy to align with. She began to tune herself into the memory Sabriel had just told her about. She began to see it clearly, as clearly as a muggle movie, playing itself out in front of her.

"I see him," she told Sabriel softly. "He's a handsome man, and he loves you so much. He didn't always show it the way he would have liked to, but I can see how his eyes light up when he sees you and your sister." She paused, watching the murder play out in front of her eyes. Things Sabriel heard but never saw, now Khaat saw them clearly. She watched in silence. When it all faded, she looked at Sabriel again.

"Sabriel, Death Eater or not, your grandfather's first priority was on his family. Dark arts followers and white lighters love their children and grandchildren above all else. Its about the only thing they have in common. It was your grandfather's fear that the followers of Voldemort that still lived and still fought for his causes would come and harm you to force your grandfather into helping them. I...don't know what they needed him for, but I feel as if he suspected that someday they would come. He seems to have wanted to stop siding with them to try to protect you all, but he knew. He knew they would come. He hid you because he heard them coming. He muted you deliberately to try to save your life." She looked at him deliberately. "He was technically still a Death Eater, simply because once one is a Death Eater, the only way out of their ranks is death. He wanted far better for you and your sister.

"You have nothing to be ashamed of. Not ever. Regardless of his past mistakes, your grandfather died fighting for the greater good. He was a good man, in the last. We may never know the entire story. But what I do know is that he never wanted you to make the mistakes he did. I don't think your grandmother ever answered your questions because I'm not sure she ever knew for certain herself. I think he kept it all secret hoping it would keep you all safe.

"I know its very litle consolation. But does it help at all?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:00 am

Khaat was wrong. It was a lot of consolation. Sabriel felt his spirit grow more at ease. The cloak of oppression, that heavy feeling of ignorance, the overwhelming sense of reaching for something he couldn't reach -- lifted. He had caught sight of that object, and he had grasped it. Not firmly, perhaps. Except, most of the puzzle that was this mystery was finally assembled. His world came forth with a sense of clarity, and the memories of that night intensified somewhat. Khaat had touched a part of him that was always present, but the deeper pieces had since sunk into his subconscious.

"Senile old man." The Death Eater stood in front of his grandfather, a bony hand grasping a dark-wooded, gnarled wand. "Where is that little Veela wraith of a child you were keeping here?" he taunted. "Did you use a Portkey? Apparation?" (Sabriel blinked, he did not recall mention of him at all.)

Grandfather was trembling. He was old, Sabriel thought as he naively clutched his robes. He needed his help. But when he mouthed his grandfather's name, nothing came out.

The two spoke a mile a minute. Well, his grandfather did. The other man was hauntingly lethargic. Sabriel spent the better part of his attention trying to decipher Theodore's desperate final words.

"Inform the Dark Lord that I was foolish! I beseech you, sire. I have done nothing wrong! I have continued to serve the Lord and the better part of me wishes to stay by his side!"

"You are a liar and a coward." The man spoke this simply. As if it were absolute truth. "You have been feeding him false fortunes. You attempt to hide yourself among Aurors and his bitter enemies. The last mission, that man was alive! Imagine our surprise when, after a decade, we found that you were camping out in France! That's pretty long distance to serve your Master, don't you think? And you can't even send an owl .."

According to Khaat, Old Man Theodore a Death Eater, but he definitely had a heart. In Sabriel's mind, he was learning even more. Theodore had killed people in his life, yes, but his main duty to the dark lord was to relay predictions, and he was dutiful for it. As he got older, he grew more sentimental. Sentient. With age, seer powers were supposed to increase, but instead his predictions had become vaguer. He was expendable from the start, really, but now his knowledge was too dangerous. He had to be amended. And that was what happened when the Death Eater uttered a curse and there was blood everywhere and Sabriel started crying and there was a skull in the sky and Theodore breathed his last breath.

'And to think', Sabriel thought, 'Your son-in-law was an Auror.'

"I cannot thank you enough," Sabriel said breathlessly. He had fallen once more into the world. Khat's sharp eyes bore into him. He struggled to find his bearings. "I cannot. I am actually unworthy of such favor. Please, what can I do for you? I owe so much to you already!"
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:55 pm

"Sabriel," she said tenderly, "I need no thanks. It only took a moment of my time. If you do anything for me, I would only ask one thing. I would ask your friendship. Nothing more. You are a remarkable young man. And you are incredibly intelligent. And you impress me--greatly. In truth, I...I find I do not like being a the top of England's wizarding most wanted. It is a very, very lonely place. Your friendship would mean more than you know. Friendship is something I have always considered to be worth more than almost anything else. It is entirely priceless. Your friendship is worth far more to me than that.

She paused. She had forgotten something. Something potentially very important. "Oh, one other thing,...the spell that killed your grandfather was a sectumsempra. Very deadly spell that causes massive, lifethreatening bleeding quickly. I have healed them countless times. I...I saw how quickly he bled out. I am convinced he had an underlying medical issue that made him so fragile. He was either seriously anemic or he was a hemopheliac--a bleeder. He bled out almost instantly. He felt no pain. It was too swift. And either of those can have genetic tendencies. In our world they are very treatable. I would very much like to evaluate you to be certain that you do not need treatment for either. I'm saying it might well be possible for you to feel better than you have been feeling most of your life, if I'm correct. And if it gets proper treatment. As your friend, I would do that for you, no charge. And as my friend, I do believe that you would keep my secrets. As I will keep yours."

She paused and then looked at him. "More cider? You still look cold." She sipped on her own coffee.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:44 am

Sabriel blushed hotly. "I have not been praised in such a way before .. Truly. I'm honored."

He found in his heart genuine appreciation. It felt as if he had known Khaat his entire life. The woman certainly instilled a sense of peace and ease within him. It was far easier to be around her, despite her elegant dispostiion. And more, he felt protected. With Khaat, there were no consequences. All the pent-up physical and emotional torment dissipated. He was free.

"Khaat," he began. "Since we met, here in such a place, you and I were friends. Unless," he shivered slightly, "unless you do not consider sitting under the moonlight and swapping secrets friendship."

He smiled. It was a genuine, affectionate smile. True.

He let it fall, just a bit. "Ah yes, that does make sense," he told her. "I run fevers a lot. My nurse says I am prone to infection. In the past, it was believed that I would grow out of it. My nurse now says it is unlikely. Khaat, please, if you could help me, it would be very much appreciated. You are truly wonderful."
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:23 pm

"No one shares a secret with anyone but a friend--if they're wise," Khaat said. "Yes, I would definitely consider us friends. But, you must realize that by being my friend, you might well put yourself in harms way if anyone finds out. Especially anyone who is a Death Eater or who is working with Grindlewald. I would keep our meeting very secret if I were you. And--if you ever need to reach me, you go see Professor Tremaine at Hogwarts. He will know hhow to find me. Always. When I can return to England, I will be far easier to find. I promise. I trust Professor Tremaine with my life. I always have. You will always be safe with him and with Professor Wilson if it ever comes to it. I don't know what's in store for Hogwarts. But if it gets dangerous there again, you need to know who to trust. You can trust those two and Professor Potter--the charms professor. I hear Zada Forbes is making her presence known there. I wouldn't trust her any farther than I could spit her. She is Gellert Grindlewald's second in command. You are surely not safe with her. As I know more names there, I'll try to cue you in on who you're safe with and who you're not.

"As far as helping you feel better, yes. We can do that. Do you have any idea when you might be able to get out of the castle again so we might meet?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:10 am

"I promise to keep your secret," Sabriel replied airily. "And I understand. Professor Tremaine? Ah, and Professor Potter and Professor Wilson. They are quite all right .." He smiled.

Sabriel for a moment. "Zada Forbes, you say. -- I am not even familiar with her. So I thank you for warning me. I will ensure that she does not try to hurt you .." -- Khaat's image wavered. Sabriel blinked, and she fell back in place. "Well, not that you are not capable of defending yourself -- !" There, again. Sabriel forced himself to relax. It seemed, with each minute, Khaat was fading.

"Nevermind," he concluded politely, still clutching his empty cup of cider. He held it out to her, politely asking for more as he continued.

"The trip to Hogsmeade is approaching." Sabriel always attended the Hogsmeade trips; his grandmother and mother showered him with money. The sickles, galleons and minimal knuts were all to go shopping there. He spent almost all of it on Quidditch. "Khaat, do you think we could meet then? But wait --" Sabriel had a thought. His face lit up brilliantly. Cutely. "-- where is this place and how do you get here? Oh, I would love to come here again!"
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum