The Halloween Dance!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Halloween Dance! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Halloween Dance!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Halloween Dance! Empty The Halloween Dance!

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:42 am

The Weird Sisters are all set up, A Ghost DJ is ready to start jamming, and the tables have been pushed against the wall. Music blares from the Great Hall, while students sneak out into the grounds to go into the Haunted House, or head over to Hogsmeade for the festivities there. People are dressed up for the night, and the Halloween spirit is everywhere. Ghosts drift about and talk to students, howls come from the Forbidden Forest, even though the moon isn't quite full.

The Dance is spectacularly designed. The same decorations are there from the Feast, but others have been introduced, from the stage that the DJ and Weird Sisters sit upon, to the creepy music that now blares out in the Entrance Hall. Everywhere people mingle, punch has been served, and people walk around in all types of dress, from nicely dressed for the Feast, to dressed as a Lion, or a Ghoul.

Enjoy the dance, and don't forget who let all of this fun get to you! Grindelwald does care.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

The Halloween Dance! Empty Re: The Halloween Dance!

Post by Samantha Burns Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:59 pm

Sammy walked into the Great Hall wearing an 18th century white dress and some white high heel shoes, her blonde hair was up in an almost perfect bun other than a couple of pieces of hairs falling to the sides of her face. She had a small white purse with her, her wands in it, and her girly make-up and what not. Sammy had been to many of the school's dances. But this was the first one that would have not as many people in it and lots of other kids going off to Hogsmeade. Sammy didn't know who would be there, but it was Halloween and she wanted to dress up nice and do some dancing. So she found a table near the entrance and sat down. She watched as people started to arrive, and people started to dance, and eat the food and drink the drinks. Sammy didn't know if anyone she knew would come, but at least she would look pretty and have some fun. Most of all she missed her kids. She wished that she could be with them on this night, but her father was taking them out for trick or treating. It was the twins first time out. A sad look was on her face from this thought.

~Sammy's Outfit~
Spoiler:
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Post by Calum Fisher Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:10 am

Ah.... it was finally Halloween one of James favorite Holidays beside Christmas which is his favorite holiday of all time. As James walked out the Gryffindor Common room and down the stairs towards the Great Hall he smiled as he heard the weird sisters playing. As he pushed opened the Great Hall doors he looked around for his sister Leslie or anyone he knew but didn't see anyone. Shrugging to himself he walked over towards the punch table and got himself some punch. James was dressed up as a 18th century prince that he thought he pulled off really well.

As he was about to head towards a empty table he bumped into someone in the process of him heading towards his table. "Oh I'm so sorry, are you ok?"James asked them softly looking to see if he spilled his drink on them. "I'm so sorry I was watching where I was going."said James softly as his blue eyes looked at the blond hair girl that was before him. "Samantha?"James asked the girl softly as his blue eyes looked at her hoping that it was.

James look
Calum Fisher
Calum Fisher
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:25 am

Sammy figured that she should at least get up and go get something to drink. Just after she stood up her shoe slipped. She bent over to fix it when someone bumped into her. Sammy's eyes turned red as she slowly stood back up to see who it was. The voice sounded like someone she knew. When she finally saw who it was her eyes quickly changed to a pink color. This meant that she was a little embarrassed and happy that it was James. "Yes it's me Samantha. James is that really you? You look good." Sammy said to him smiling with a dazzeling white smiling. Sammy then quickly looked down at her dress to make sure that nothing had spilled onto it. She sighed with relief, nothing was on it. "I'm ok. Nothing got on to my dress." Sammy said looking back up at James with a smile. She couldn't stop smiling. The one person that she wanted to run into at the dance really did run into her. And he looked really good in his outfit. "Wow I can't believe it, were both dressed in 18th century clothes." Sammy said noticing that both of there outfits looked to be around the same time. Was he spying on her?
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Calum Fisher Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:21 am

James smiled when said Samantha said it was really her. "Why hello Miss Burns fancy seeing you here and yes it's me."said James softly. James shrugged as she said he looked good. "Thanks, I did pull this costume off pretty well didn't I?"James asked her smiling. "You look beautiful tonight."said James softly as he eyes her and her dress. As she said she didn't get anything on her dress he sighed in reliief. "Oh thank goodness, I would feel horrible if I ruined such a pretty dress."said James softly. James chuckled as he noticed Samantha was right about them both wearing 18th century clothes. "That we are, I wasn't spying on you honestly it's just my sister is a 18th century princess so I agreed to be the prince."said James softly. "So... would you like to dance or something?"James asked her softly giving her a soft warm smile.
Calum Fisher
Calum Fisher
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:57 pm

Sammy couldn't help but smile and giggle as he said that it was nice to see her there and that he looked good in his outfit. Sammy was glade that he was glade that he didn't get anything on her dress. The fact that he thought it was a pretty dress made Sammy think that he had been around a lot of girls lately. 'Hmm...what is that all about? Maybe he's just being nice?' Sammy thought to herself, till he said that he was dressed like a prince because of his sister. That made more since. He had a sister and she probably could get him to do almost anything that she wanted him to do. "Oh that's cute. You and your sister agreeing to dress similar. If I had a brother I would have made him dress up funny just so I could laugh at him. Well....maybe not." Sammy said giggling at her little joke. Then he asked her to dance. Of course Karma kicked in and put on a slow song just as he asked her this. Should she go for it? Or wait for a faster dance? Sammy decided to just go for it. See what happened. "Sure. I'd love to dance with you." Sammy said to him extending her hand for him to take. Once they where on the floor Sammy would finally be close to him. She had been thinking about this very thing since she had meet him.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Calum Fisher Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:17 am

James shrugged at his comment and smiled. "Well... me and my sister Leslie get along really well and there's nothing I wouldn't do for my little sister."said James softly. As she said she would love to dance James took her hand and lead her onto the dance floor. As they dance around the floor James stared into her beautiful hazel eyes and smiled. "So are you having fun now?"James asked her softly as his blue eyes sparkled at her as he held her close to him but not close enough to freak her out. They were just friends and James didn't want to over his limits which he was afraid he already did by asking her to dance but she didn't seem to mind.

Besides, there's alot of people that dance just as friends heck he dances with his sister Leslie all the dance and there siblings! James honestly didn't see what was wrong with two friends dancing with each other it wasn't like they were kissing or anything. James was really glad he ran into Samantha and he was so close to her, he wanted this ever since he met her. James knew he had to keep his emotions and feelings from getting to him for he promise himself he would focus on his studies this year but Samantha made it really hard for him to. James just couldn't stop thinking about her, but he knew he had to or else he would end up falling for her more then he already has.
Calum Fisher
Calum Fisher
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:46 am

Sammy smiled brightly and walked hand in hand to the dance floor with James. It was nice to finally have a normalish life. Only a year ago, Sammy was in trouble with the law and had Ne'Os after her, and was having kids. A lot had changed in such a little amount of time. "Yes I'm having fun. Thank you." Sammy said feeling the closeness between James and her. They where close but not to close. It was almost perfect. Yes Sammy likes him, Yes she wants to be with him, but school was a little bit more important. Almost the whole time that Sammy is dancing with James she had been looking into his eyes. She found her reflection there, staring back at her. Did he feel the same way she did? Did he like her as much as she liked him? Or was she just fooling herself? Would any guy ever want to be with her again after the reputation that she had gained herself at the school?

The song came to an end and a faster more up beat song came on. "Thank you for the dance." Sammy said doing a little curtsy thing and slowly walking back to her seat with her head looking down at the ground. Sammy couldn't help but think about things. What was she going to do? Fall in love with him? If she did, how would that effect her school work? How would it effect her work life? Would he like her kids? Would they like him? So far the kids liked a lot of the guys that she had brought home. All those guys going to her house, did that make her a bad person? Did she take advantage of a lot of guys? Sammy then started to think about all the guys that she had been with. She had to admit, she had been the one doing a lot of the dumping in all her relationships. Except for Ne'Os of course.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Calum Fisher Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:15 am

"Well... I'm glad that you having a good time."said James softly as he gave her a soft warm smile and twirled her around one more time. James realize they were really close but he kept his cool for he didn't want his feelings to get the best of him. "Damn feelings."James thought to himself as he realize that his feelings were taking control of him. "You have to stop these feelings James and focus on your school work."James thought to himself realizing he was right. But he just couldn't ignore Samantha that would be wrong but the more he was with her the stronger the feelings gotten.

As the song ended and changed James let go of her and smiled as she thanked him for the dance. "I t was nothing."said James softly. But honestly was everything to him but he didn't tell her for he didn't know how she felt. "Would you like some punch or anything to drink?"James asked her softly as he finally caught his breath at last. He was alittle red in the face due to him being hot from dancing around the Great Hall with Samantha but it was worth it. He was really having fun which was something he thought he wasn't going to do tonight when he first came here.
Calum Fisher
Calum Fisher
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:29 am

All her thoughts where racing through her head as her and James where walking back towards the tables. "Yes some punch would be nice." Sammy said to him, wanting some more time to think. Once he left to get the drinks Sammy sat down at her table and started to think again. 'What is wrong with me? I'm doing all this thinking and not even realizing what it's doing to James tonight. Has he realized all the thinking I've been doing? If he has does he know it's mostly about him? I have to stop all this thinking and just have fun tonight.' Sammy thought to herself, she didn't know how long it had taken her to think about all this stuff but James was on his way back with the drinks. "Thanks." Sammy said taking the drink from him and taking a few gulps. The drink was good and Sammy hadn't realized what all that dancing had done to her. She was thirsty from dancing. All the dancing that had made Sammy start thinking in the first place. Maybe they shouldn't dance again. They where getting to close. At least Sammy was getting to close to him. Either Sammy should leave and not talk to him anymore. Or they could just go somewhere else. "Would you like to go to the Haunted House with me? You know the Shrieking Shack thing they have going on?" Sammy asked him wondering if he realized that she had been a little bit out of it for the past minute or two?
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top