The Heat - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Heat  - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Heat

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Heat  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heat

Post by Allen Tobias Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:26 am

Allen listened with the upmost attention as Mia explained to him about Potions. If he were to hear that from a teacher, it still would sound interesting, but when she said it, it was like an orchestra playing. Christ, he was cheesy. "That sounds...." he said, trying to get his words out "interesting. I mean, I could really get into this...maybe you could teach me a thing or two."

He placed his hands on the grass and carefully felt the soft blades, nearly one at a time. Before he knew it, his hand was close to her. He paused for a moment, not moving his hand at all. It was probably a good chance to do so.
Allen Tobias
Allen Tobias

Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Corner Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:07 am

It was nice that he was interested in her Potions talk, even though just a second ago he said that he didn't like Potions. But that was ok, it felt nice that someone was interested. Then he asked her if she could teach him a few things about it. She had always wanted to teach someone, so that she wasn't alone in the liking of Potions. But it caught her so of guard that all she could do was look down at the ground and blush. Finally she lifted her head and look back at him. "Oh I don't know about that. I'm not ready, I wouldn't know where to start. I don't have all my books with me and I don't know how much you know about it already." Mia said to him blushing again. She placed her hand down on the grass and started playing with the grass. Suddenly she found her hand touching his and she was alittle bit shocked. At first she wanted to quickly move it away, but then she found herself not wanting to move her hand. She liked the way that his hand was warm under hers and she liked the way that his hand felt in hers. Like their hands where molded out of the same mold. She could feel tiny sparks of electricity coming from their hands. She looked up into his eyes to see how he would react to this.
Mia Corner
Mia Corner

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Tobias Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:49 am

Allen moved his hand away slowly and placed it back on his leg, he looked at the ground for a second and then looked back up at Mia. "So do you like Muggles by chance?" he asked, a completely random question to hopefully quell any awkwardness "I find them fascinating to be honest...they go through so much, y'know?" She may have already answered this to him, but he really just needed something else to fall back onto right now. He had just met her, and it seemed to be going to fast. How could he instantly tell what she was like?
Allen Tobias
Allen Tobias

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Corner Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:03 am

Mia watched as he slowly moved his hand back onto his leg. She could tell that he felt uneasy about it. Maybe it was like she thought. Maybe he didn't really like her. So she moved her hand back on to her leg and listened to his question. "Well I don't have anything against Muggles. I don't wish that I was one but I don't wish them any harm either." Mia said thinking about what he said next. "I agree they are very fascinating. Everything they do seems so hard. Why would they could the hard way of doing thing?" Mia asked not really expecting an answer in return. She turned her head and looked out at the Lake again. A strong wind came through and it made her shiver a little. "It sure does get cold around here. I wonder how far to the north we are?" Mia asked once again not really expecting an answer. Mia wanted things to go good with this guy, he seemed like a good guy and even if nothing romantic happened between them at least he could be a good friend.
Mia Corner
Mia Corner

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Tobias Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:28 am

Allen was at least glad that Mia wasn't one of the people that wished to see the end of Muggles. Those kind of wizards really made him mad, seeing as how he thought of everyone as being equal. He looked out towards the lake as well, hoping to maybe see something she saw. Who would know, he wasn't a mind reader. He looked back at Mia however and blinked a couple times, unsure of how to respond to her question. "I'm not entirely sure," he replied to her in a casual voice "It is up in the northern hemisphere, but it might be somewhere in England." What the hell was he talking about?

He looked back towards his clothes, some parts of it covered in small twigs and leaves. "I probably should've dressed for the cold," he said aloud, wondering if he was right.
Allen Tobias
Allen Tobias

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Corner Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:39 am

Mia thought about what he said, that they might be up in the northern hemisphere. But she wasn't sure, all she knew was that they where in England. So she shook her head and look back at him when he said that he probably should have dressed better for the cold weather. She gave a small tinkling giggle. She hadn't noticed until now what he had been wearing. He sure wasn't dressed for the cold weather. "I can wait here if you want to go and get something better on. Then you won't be so cold." Mia said offering to stay where she was and wait for him to get back. That wasn't like her though, most of the time she would just go with them and then sit down in the common room. But today the common room was packed. Maybe while he was gone she could do some reading. But just as she looked up towards the castle she saw her twin brother coming towards her. "Oh God, not now. What does he want?" Mia said standing up quickly. "I"m sorry, excuse me for a second. I'll be right back." Mia said hurrying off towards her twin brother. She didn't want her twin brother any where near Allen. He would start teasing and joking around and Mia didn't want him to scare off Allen.
Mia Corner
Mia Corner

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Tobias Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:15 am

Allen was pretty curious when Mia suddenly ran off, leaving him in wonder as to why she had left in the first place. It wouldn't be his place to try and figure out, but he would just remain where he sat, like she asked. Yet, he couldn't help but peak a little bit around the tree and try to see the situation. He saw Mia approaching someone who appeared to look exactly like Mia, but a little taller and male. He was curious because of the likeness, yet it wasn't his business to judge. He looked back out towards the lake now, enjoying the soft breeze of the winds, then starting to shiver a little as he began to regret not bringing a coat.
Allen Tobias
Allen Tobias

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Corner Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:38 am

Mia walked over to her twin brother with a look on her face like she could have killed him. When she finally got to him she sighed with irritation. "What do you want? I thought you said you where going to stay away from me today. Some date with a pretty dumb girl." Mia said to him spitting her irritation at him with furry.

"Sorry sis. I just wanted to know if you had seen my Gryffy scarf. I'm going to give it to her." He said to her knowing that when she was like this it was best to just get to the point and not joke around. Once he got what he wanted he would leave her alone. Hopefully she would be in a better mood later.

"No I haven't seen it. What makes you think that I have?" Mia said to him just wanting to get back to Allen before he got up and left. Allen was a nice guy and Mia liked him and she didn't want to scare him off by introducing him to her family just after meeting him.

Mia's twin brother could tell that this was not going to go the way he wanted it to go so he decided that he would go back up to the common room and his room and look for it. "OK. Obviously I can tell I have interrupted something. So I'll just go and leave you alone." He said turning around and starting to walk off.

Now Mia felt bad for acting the way she had. She sighed unhappily and reached out her hand stopping him. "No don't go. I'm sorry I didn't mean to bit your head off. I saw your scarf on the table near the fireplace in the common room." Mia said wondering if he would hate her now or just tease her again.

Mia's twin brother turned around when he felt her touch his shoulder then smiled when she told him where she had seen his scarf. "Thanks sis. I owe you one." He said just before hugging her and running off towards the castle.

Mia smiled after her brother after he hugged her and then ran off towards the castle. This made her start to feel a little better. Mia then turned back around towards the lake and started walking back to Allen.
Mia Corner
Mia Corner

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Tobias Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:54 am

Allen hadn't acted like he wasn't listening to their conversation, but in reality he did. It was a quiet evening, so it wasn't like there would be any loud noises out in a quiet place like this. Only thing that would even break the sound of silence would be the slight breeze, but it wasn't even that bad today. Brother, huh? he thought to himself, raising an eyebrow without even him noticing it Can't tell if that's good or bad...time will tell, I suppose. He turned his head around the bark of the tree, watching both Mia and her apparent twin brother going two different ways, and when he was out of sight, Allen quietly asked, with a sense of confusion "So I take it you know him?"
Allen Tobias
Allen Tobias

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Corner Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:58 am

Once Mia was in hearing distance of Allen she heard him ask her a question. "Oh yeah. He's my brother. He just needed me to find something for him. I would have asked him over but I wasn't sure if it was ok with you and he has a date tonight. So I guess you can meet him later if you want." Mia said to him walking around him and sitting on the ground where she had been sitting earlier before she had left. "Sorry about leaving. I didn't mean for it to be so abrupt. So what where we talking about before I left?" Mia asked him only half remembering what it was that they had been talking about before she had so rudely left him sitting on the grass. "Oh right, you wanted to go and change your clothes. Like I had said before I'll stay here and wait for you if you want?" Mia offered wondering if she was becoming to odd and smothering. Mia could tell that he was starting to not want to be around her anymore. This always happened when her brother came around.
Mia Corner
Mia Corner

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top