Stop, don't touch me there. This is my private square.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Stop, don't touch me there. This is my private square. Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Stop, don't touch me there. This is my private square.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stop, don't touch me there. This is my private square. Empty Stop, don't touch me there. This is my private square.

Post by Michi Leigh Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:27 pm

Michi missed his sister. This was his first year of Hogwarts without her now that she'd graduated and it felt strange being back. The familiar halls were now dull and boring, as if Tokyo had spread her enthusiastic attitude into the building. It was strange and uncomfortable, but Michi knew there was nothing he could do about it. So, instead of moping about and feeling miserable, he was being optimistic. He would be fine. And he could always write to his sister if he wanted to- which was why he was now at the Owlery.

It was a lovely Saturday afternoon, but the Owlery was empty. The warm August sun filtered through the large, paneless windows and there was no wind to speak of. Because it was so hot, most of the owls were fast asleep and not many people would have been willing to tramp all the way up to the top of the tower in the heat. Which was fine, because it meant Michi could write his letter in peace. It didn't take long, it was just a generic 'hello, how are you, did you find out what you wanna do this year' etc and checking up on his half-siblings, not that he really cared too much about them. When he was done, he threw a pebble at one of the larger owls to make it wake up, and attached the leg to its claw. 'Here you go, take this to my sister Tokyo Leigh in Paris please. Sorry for throwing a pebble at you. Tokyo will probably give you a treat, by the way. And make sure she replies. Thanks,' he finished, then the large black owl turned around and leapt off its perch, soaring out of the window to Michi's right.

Michi sat up and watched the owl fly off into the distance. By the time he could no longer see it, actually a couple of minutes had passed. Feeling too lazy to go back down to the school main just then, he leaned back against the wall, listening to the serenity of the softly hooting owls as they slept.

Michi Leigh
Michi Leigh
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Stop, don't touch me there. This is my private square. Empty Re: Stop, don't touch me there. This is my private square.

Post by Damien D'Eath Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:10 am

The first week at Hogwarts had slipped by, just like that. If it was any indication for the rest of the term, Damien was certain that everything would be peaceful, quiet ... and boring. Perhaps the dust from the battle had yet to settle, and so the lingering dust made everything linger and stale. It was, nonetheless, an important year. The possibility of the opportunity to move on to NEWTs depended upon the OWLs this year. Damien knew that very clearly. He had every intention to see at least an E for every subject that he was taking. So far, he had managed to settle himself comfortably in classes and homework. That was really also because there was nothing much happening around him, that could possibly distract him from them.

Rather than homework, or even doodling around on his sketchbook, Damien had penned a letter. Being the mummy's boy that he was, although he had never desired for that fact to be know, he had penned a letter to the mother. And then, after slipping a pair of shoes on, he left the Slytherin Dormitory, and made for the Owlery. The weather outside Hogwarts Castle was warm, but Damien took no pleasure in that fact. The only time that he agrees with the sun is during the Summer Holidays, when he gets to swim at the pool of the D'Eath Residence. Besides that, he had no use for the sun.

The warm Saturday afternoon had prompted many students to laze around the ground of Hogwarts. Damien was guessing that most of them would end up at the Lake, toying with the idea of swimming in it. He, on the other hand, simply took a quiet walk, choosing again to be the mere spectator to their meaningless activities. As soon as Damien found himself enter the Owlery, he saw the back of another boy. Of course he had expected to encounter someone. After all, there were no classes and people were bound to decide to do the same thing that he was doing.

Despite the other person, Damien stood at the entrance of the Owlery, and observed in silence. It was something he always did, to stare silently. He was certainly a voyeur. That helped for his sketching, which he strictly liked to remind himself that it is a frivolous activity, one of the few he allowed himself the pleasure of having. The other boy, who Damien recognised since he was just a year older and in Slytherin too, had began talking to ... an owl? Damien felt an eyebrow cock up, before he began to judge the action. Masoch and him had never shared much of a conversation. Damien had assumed the owl like one assumes the presence of a house-elf, with authoritative complacency. He now continued to observe Michi even after the owl had took off with the boy's letter.

"School must really be boring you," he began suddenly, loud enough to send his voice towards the other boy. Damien was always for silent watching, and sudden interruption, if he even desired to interrupt. It was the reaction of the other person that he was always watching out for if he interrupted. And then Damien continued the rest of the sentence in his head, if you must resort to speaking to an owl like this. He could have just voiced his opinion, but the other boy was an older Slytherin, and Damien wanted to suss out the boy's personality before going further. Still, it was clear that the boy was no Darius Flint. The apology that Michi had offered to the random owl replayed itself in Damien's head, and he shuddered at how sweet it had sounded. This was one strange Slytherin. Then again, Damien realised, so was Georgia Wheelbarrow, and she was his best friend. If he could love Georgia, he could possibly delay his judgement of this boy.
Damien D'Eath
Damien D'Eath
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 250
Occupation : Slytherin Quidditch Captain, Shop Assistant at Slug's and Jigger's Apothecary

Back to top Go down

Stop, don't touch me there. This is my private square. Empty Re: Stop, don't touch me there. This is my private square.

Post by Michi Leigh Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:43 pm

'School must be really boring you,' said a voice behind Michi, and Michi turned around, not aware until just then that he was not alone. A boy was behind him, just a couple of metres away, looking at him rather impassively. It kind of creeped Michi out, but then again Michi realised that his facial expressions were generally relatively impassive, so it was nothing to be too worried about. Particularly so, because Michi recognised the boy from his own house, Slytherin, and Slytherins were known to be non-emotive, even at the most dramatic of times.

Michi looked at the boy. Very handsome, of roughly the same height as Michi if not a little shorter, with short dark hair and a roll of parchment in his hand. Well, that made sense, thought Michi. It was the Owlery. He couldn't've expected to spend the whole day up here in the Owlery completely uninterrupted. Public place and such.

Michi eyed the boy speculatively before saying 'Yes, actually. The work is very easy. I find it almost trivial. I could 'accelerate my learning' by reading relevant texts and spending my spare time in the library like a brainwashed Ravenclaw, but I'm not dull, so yes, school does bore me. But what makes you say that?' he asked. He was trying to remember the boys name. Was he related to Chris maybe? Chris' family was huge, and most, if not of them were in Slytherin too. But Michi was hopeless with names. He held out his hand, because politeness was important. 'I'm Michi. I don't think I know your name,' he stated, but with the expectation that the boy would share in return.

'What brings you up to the Owlery today?' Michi asked, not expecting much of an answer. Asking why someone was in the Owlery was really like asking how someone was- you expected the answer 'good thanks,' and didn't really care for the answer unless it was something specifically unique. If the boy didn't say 'sending a letter,' Michi would be intrigued. Psychology like this amused Michi. It was like a personality dialysis- seeing if people would conform to what they 'should' do.

Personality dialysis? More like a game.

Michi Leigh
Michi Leigh
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Damien D'Eath Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:46 am

Damien raised both of his eyebrows in reaction to Michi's reply. And then, the eyebrows fell back in to place again, almost after just a few seconds of displacement. This was a clever one, this Slytherin. Being scheming and being smart are two different things, the two do not always coincide. The Slytherin House was known for its scheming ways, but not many in the House could prove to be clever. Sure, they were ambitious, but it was hard work that no one liked to admit, since to do so would be to jeaopardize one's reputation; almost everyone ensured that they achieve their goal without looking like they lifted much for it. That certainly did not make an easy life, but it was a necessity. Damien, for one, was all up for this pretence. He pretended he did not care for classes, but the attention paid during classes were almost always at its full bar for the boy, despite the look of nonchalance he likes to wear. Additionally, he spent a lot of time searching for lonely corners in school, only to be doing some further reading. It helped, too, that he made selective friendships with Ravenclaw girls, ensuring that he had undisclosed help for homework all the time. Basically, he worked hard.

Michi's reply, therefore, surprised Damien. Not that it was a bad reply, but that Damien thought he saw an opportunity presented to him. After all, alliances with intelligent or powerful people always helped. As such, he decided not to put forth the blunt honesty of his opinion, to answer the other boy. "Just a guess," he started, and shrugged. "It's boring me too, so I thought I'll assume school was having the same effect on you." Damien looked at the hand that was offered to him, offered a polite slight smile, and took it for a handshake. "D'Eath. Damien D'Eath." It was very important, family names, in Slytherin. Despite the fact that Damien's family was not some long-standing pureblood family, the family name was sufficient for him to be proud of. At least they were purebloods, and had some kind of fame thanks to his father's occupation. Still, it was not as if Lorcan D'Eath commanded much respect among established families. He merely took the effort to befriend a lot of them, ensuring that they thought of him in, at least, amicable terms. That certainly helped his son.

Damien resumed a withdrawn position as soon as introductions were briefly done. Michi's question, however, made him smirk a little. If the older Slytherin boy was intelligent with his work, it was probably because he had less wit, what with that obvious question. Still, Damien thought, perhaps it was just the only possible way at small talk. He could overlook it. He was certainly much kinder to people from his House. "Well, I have a letter ..." He did not know how to continue the apparent sentence. Shrugging, Damien walked to where Masoch was left at. The owl was fast asleep, given the comfortable warmth of the weather. Without concern, Damien jabbed the letter towards his owl, who awoke in a shocked hoot. The boy smirked in amusement. "Sleep is for the weak, Masoch." The owl attempted to glare at its owner. Sighing, Damien patted it in an awkward manner. "Fine, I'm sorry. Give this to Mother, go."

With that, Damien turned away, and directed attention once again to Michi. He wished he knew more about this boy, so that he can propose something to do to make the Saturday less mundane. The problem was, despite seeing Michi around in the Common Room, there was little talk about him. It would seem, then, that Michi had managed to stay out of the limelight. That could be good, what with all the gossips and scandals going around that often embarrassed the persons involved. With the lack of knowledge about Michi, Damien could only seek to test the waters. Sliding both hands in his pants pockets, he eyed the other boy. "So, Michi. Tell me. What's your idea of fun?" It sounded very much as if it came out as an interview question, but it was the only way Damien could get information faster, rather than to beat around the bush.
Damien D'Eath
Damien D'Eath
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Occupation : Slytherin Quidditch Captain, Shop Assistant at Slug's and Jigger's Apothecary

Back to top Go down

Post by Michi Leigh Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Ah, so he was another one of the D'Eaths then. Michi didn't know the whole story behind this family- he knew they all had the same father, but some had different mothers. But Damien's name rang a bell. He heard people mentioning his name in the Slytherin Common Room. Maybe he was popular or something? Michi didn't really know who was popular amongst the younger Slytherins. Damien, he remembered now, was 5th year, a year below Damien. 'Enchante,' replied Michi, not repeating his own last name. His father was a Muggle, and he knew how harshly some of the pureblood Slytherins judged. Not that he particularly cared, but he didn't want to put up with being called dirty names. Sometimes, he considered changing his last name to his mothers' maiden name. but then he figured there was no point- she may have been pureblood, but the English wizards that cared about blood wouldn't know that he was from a prestigious line of Japanese witches and wizards. Michi shook Damien's hand firmly.

Michi watched the slightly awkward interaction between owl and master. He compared it to his own exchange with the owl he was using. He figured it must be his sisters' influence that caused him not to be quite so rude to animals- she loved them, and he loved her, so some of her must be rubbing off. He sighed. Now that she was gone, he would have to start acting like a Slytherin if he wanted to fit in- no more hanging around with the older Hufflepuff kids.

That was a good point actually. Michi didn't have any 'friends' in Slytherin, really. At Hogwarts, his social group had been largely Tokyo's Hufflepuff friends from her own year, and the occasional Ravenclaw that he would study with (occasional being the operative word). Michi got on well enough with Chris though, so maybe a second D'Eath would be appropriate company. That in mind, he listened to Damien's question, then formulated his own reply.

'I like to exercise, but walking up here today was a bit of a workout anyway because it's so hot, and they don't have a tennis court here, so I can't suggest much for that. Otherwise I pretty much entertain myself here by using magic to annoy people. Ever made a step disappear just as a pompous Gryffindor's about to step on it? Petty, but hilarious, trust me.'

Michi Leigh
Michi Leigh
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Damien D'Eath Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:47 pm

Five years, and Damien still could not name at least five people his age, who shared a substantial kind of friendship with him. There was only Georgia that he could trust, almost wholeheartedly, odd for a boy who was all for being as stereotypical Slytherin as he could ever be, to find confidence in one from his House with the least of those traits. Even if people knew him, though, it was probably only because he had rather substantial acquaintances with the older and more popular Slytherins. Damien had always found it a little harder to be around people his age or even younger. The draw towards the older ones had always been there, ever since he was that lonesome child in his mother's quiet apartment in London. As much as he no longer really talk to Pricilla, she was admittedly the one that started the ball rolling. But besides the purposeful time spent with the older ones, Damien was content to just be alone, with the addition of Kane and Augustine, from his year, fooling around near him during and in between classes.

Damien looked at Michi now, after the handshake, as if trying to make out what he could gather about the other boy, whether from presence or from memory. He certainly saw the other Slytherin around, but undoubtedly, Michi was not one who belonged with the crowds. He was almost always alone. Damien could not make out how he was like by judging his company, then. He listened to Michi's reply instead, almost bored at the beginning, until a more interesting topic rang in his ears. Damien smirked and nodded at Michi. "No, I don't believe I've made a Gryffindor lose his footing before. That would indeed be a sight." Damien thought about Byron as he said this. "And not petty at all. Fun, rather." He nodded approvingly, as if that was needed. "The only form of entertainment around here, even. And I don't think anyone can replace the Dorks in terms of entertainment value, really."

Damien dusted some specks off his shirt and walked towards the entrance of the Owlery, sticking his head to look at the sky, before taking two steps forward to find himself out from the shade of the place.
Damien D'Eath
Damien D'Eath
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top