New Day, New Life - Page 23
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Day, New Life - Page 23 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Day, New Life

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Day, New Life - Page 23 Empty Re: New Day, New Life

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:57 pm

"And it wasn't even poisonous," Robert laughed. When he finished his meal, he laid his napkin aside. "Oh, well done. Thank you for yet another fabulous meal. Your strength in the kitchen really is seafood, Lad."

"Its just what I grew up on," Angus shrugged, picking up plates and taking them to the kitchen. "Dessert later, then?"

"Please," Robert said. "I'd rather just go and talk a walk outside in the starlight. Anyone want to go along?"

"You know I'll go," Kate said.

"I'll join you as soon as I start the dishes," Angus said. "Unless I'm needed.,"

"No, you lot go ahead. I think I can manage to take care of my family for a little bit. I want to," Brian smiled. "I think I can manage for a few minutes. And Khaat will be here to help me if I get over my head."

"Alright," Robert said. "That sounds fine." He rose from his chair and headed towards the exit towards the beach.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Jack smiled and looked at Jess " yeah yeah I ate broccoli " he said and sat back " the sauce was magnificent " he said and smiled standing to stretch a little, feeling some what full from the magnificent meal he just had. Jess sat and watched gathering some dishes that had been left by Angus she carried them threw to the kitchen.

" that was a wonderful meal Angus thank you" she said smiling " what was in the sauce, I got the cheese and some spices but not all of it " she looked at him " ow and that is the first time jack has eaten broccoli since we have been together so thank you for that too" she said.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:33 pm

"My steak rub," he laughed. "Sour cream, a few fresh herbs, a bit of salt and pepper. That's about it. It isn't hard. I'll write it down for you and you can get some of the rub whenever you want it. I won't give you the recipe for it, but i'll give you some of the rub. Now, shall we all go on that walk? I have yet to see the beach. I haven't gotten out of the house since we got here. You sure you've got it, Mate?" he asked Brian.

"Yep. We're fine. The triplets are asleep, and the girls are fine. I just gave them their blocks. They're fine. Khaat and I are considering perhaps watching an old muggle movie afer the girls go to bed later on. I'll probably get them ready for bed while you're out. So long as Khaat agrees to call me if the triplets wake up while I'm bathing the other two and helping them with their pajamas. You go ahead. I'm busy doing the dad thing and enjoying every minute of it."

"Alright. Jess? Jack? You coming?" Angus asked, heading towards outside.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Jess laughed softly and shook her head " I'm not going to tell jack that's all it was " she said and smiled at the suggestion " yes we saw the beach and it was beautiful but I don;'t mind seeing it again " she said and looked at Jack who smiled and nodded at her as he stood up from his chair.

" sure I need to walk of that wonderful food you made" he said and chuckled as he took Jess's hand in his own as he watched Angus walk to the main doors together they followed. As they slipped out Jack slid his arm around Jess holding her as she did the same to him, he felt where ever she was all he needed was her and to know she was safe with him.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Khaat watched them leave. She was content to stay in the house and be able to look outside to the open air and to be able to smell the ocean air. She watched Brian take the girls from their blocks, take them for a bath and bring them back, smelling fresh and clean and dressed in little pink and lavender jammies. They sat back down with their blocks and began to play.

Brian looked in on the other three and covered them a bit more to protect them from the night air. "You need anything?" he asked her.

"Not a thing but you," she said. He went over and sat with her. She sat up, he sat behind her and let her lay back against his chest.

"Not even a cup of tea?" he asked, kissing her hair.

"Nope. Just you. I"m sure Mom will make a pot of some sort of flavored tea when they get back."

"So what have you had on your mind?"

"You knew?'

"Of course. Now what was it?"

"I'm thinking you and I need to do this alone. They're doing all this for us...."

"What? No. You really don't get it, do you? You aren't the cause of this. Your father is in a position where he has had to use you as a shield. He has had to use your pregnancy and delivery as a shield in order to save his life and your mother's. It was the fact that he timed your pregnancy with a leave of absence that enabled him to escape standing toe to toe with Grindlewald for now. If we run off, we expose him and we leave him with no alternative but to go back and duel him. No, for now, we stand. We stand right between him and a standoff with Grindlewald." She laid her head on his chest, overwhelmed. She hadn't ever thought she was his only hope. So often the situation had been reversed. But he had never had to use his family to protect him before. This was a first. And he had done it so that he could come back with more people and a better plan later. And that would take time. He had bought time to save lives. And he had done it with her.

"Alright," she sighed. "We stay."

"We have no choice," he said softly.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:09 pm

Steven pulled the car to a stop at the front of the house quickly he moved to open the passenger door pausing only to give Cassidy a deep kiss as he held her. " its been a wonderful day " he said softly and she smiled at him holding him back.

" yes I can say its was wonderful " she said returning his kiss " should we go in or wait a bit longer" she asked seeing in the distance Jack and Jess with Angus walking towards the beach. Steven smiled then looked at the over flowing boot.
" we'd better go in, I don't know about you but I could use something cold to drink " he said letting her go to grab the myriad of bags from the boot as he then walked up to the door and pushed it open. " sorry to disturbed you Brian , Khaat, But some one I think has broke me in the bank " he said and chuckled placing the bags in the bed room.

" hay I did not, you insisted on shopping " she said and laughed " didn't hear you complaining at the size of that steak you had for lunch" she said as he came back.

" nope only wasn't as good as Angus's ,and you didn't complain when I bought you that ring " he said smiling at her seeing the smile across her face.

" no, because I love it as I do you" she said and kissed him then showed Khaat and Brian the beautiful gold ring she now wore, " its not an engagement ring more a commitment ring" she said looking at Steven who nodded.

" we're not rushing anything this time" he said smiling
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:21 pm

"Well congratulations," Brian said. "Good for you. I'm glad you both had a good time. Good. Khaat and I are just doing the mom and dad thing while the kids are happy. We know that with five it won't stay that way forever, so we're just enjoying the moment. Everyone else went out to enjoy the night air and the sand. I'm sure they'll be back soon. So the shopping was fun, huh? Good. Did you find everything you wanted? Angus has scoped the neighborhood out pretty well."

"Nice ring," Khaat said. "I'm glad you enjoyed the jewelry store. They have some great things. And I"m glad you found what you wanted. So tell me, how was dinner?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Steven smiled and nodded to them both " dinner was steak salad and pepper sauce for me and a salad with chicken bits for Cassidy , it was all right but didn't compare to Angus's steak, and yeah he hit it right on the money" he said and heard Cassidy chuckle at the word money. " I got some things for the twins and John too " he said Cassidy poked him.

" and a lot for your self too" she added grinning " he bought several pairs of trousers and shirts ow and three pairs of shoes " she added chuckling " though he did buy me several nice dresses and tops and some flat open toed sandals and several baby outfits and blankets , I thought he was going to buy out the whole shop " she said seeing him smiling down at her.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:38 pm

"Let him do it. Pregnancy puts us guys in different positions. We still need to feel needed and valued, and we're limited sometimes as to how we can do that. Let him enjoy it in whatever way seems to fit him. Its all good," Brian said, as Robert, Kate and Angus came back inside. They welcomed Cassidy and Steven back, and Kate went straight to the kitchen to put on a large pot of flavored tea. She knew sometimes they liked coffee, but this time she was brewing something special. Something to go with dessert.

"Give the tea just a few moments, and it will be ready," she said. "I can see you all had a good time without us." She looked down and saw Abbey was just curling up on the floor sleepily. "I think two little girls are ready for bed." She picked Abbey up gently who started to cry softly because of her fatigue. Kate held her to comfort her and moved to take her to bed. "Can someone get Dakota? She's almost asleep too."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Steven smiled and nodded to Cassidy " see even Brian agrees " he said and chuckled lightly as cassidy took his hand in her own.

" I know you told me earlier " she said and smiled " its just feels good to feel relaxed again, no worries no stresses, and well a guy who actually cares for me and not the inheritance I got from my father" she said seeing Steven look at her shaking his head.

" Cassidy I knew you before all that, as for feeling good that's how you should be and will be from now on" he said and stood up picking up Dakota carrying her to her cot.

Cassidy lent forward best she could " we were in the gardens after shopping when he asked me to marry him I said I would but not right away after... well lets just say after all the things that have happened I want to know this time its not going to fall apart, but he was on one knee the cherry blossom was falling all around us and even the other people stopped and awed when he proposed" she said smiled
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top