Hogwarts Graduation--Atrium - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Hogwarts Graduation--Atrium - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Hogwarts Graduation--Atrium

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hogwarts Graduation--Atrium - Page 2 Empty Re: Hogwarts Graduation--Atrium

Post by Peter Howard Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:42 am

Falling into step with his father was easier than Ariel had once professed it to be. He’d always believed that Fenrir asked more of him than he could deliver. It had become obvious during the skirmish at Hogwarts that what Ariel delivered to Fenrir was more than the man had ever asked for. His son was now someone he could be proud of; despite the taste he had for a particular redheaded Muggleborn. Fenrir could never try and advise his son against the attraction he clearly held for the girl as he would have been a hypocrite to have tried to have done so and Ariel would have most certainly called him out on that among other things if the argument arose. No, the most aggravating thing about the Greyback family was that once they had made up their mind, there was no changing it. Naomi was a perfect example of this – much to Fenrir’s chagrin – and Ariel, if he ever acted on the desires he had would have been yet another one of those examples.

Today, or rather, tonight, was Ariel’s graduation. Though he did not know where his future lay beyond Hogwarts, he knew he had a place among the pack his father so desperately wanted him to lead after his death or eventual retirement. Fenrir had taken a risk and had chosen to assume the form of a Muggle Banker named Vincent Montgomery. He’d been working for Lloyds TSB for thirty years by the time Fenrir showed up on his doorstep. There was now a murder inquiry going on in Winchester. A few sprigs of sandy-blonde hair and Fenrir was a clean-cut Muggle with “odious vision.” So the banker’s face was hidden behind a large pair of thick-framed glasses and Fenrir seemed more put off by them by the suit that Fiona had forced him into. He was fiddling with the frames, unable to keep them from slipping down his petite little nose. If Ariel hadn’t known better then he would have laughed at his father – but he didn’t want to end up like Vincent Montgomery.

There were also two other murder inquiries going on around the country. One was investigating the death of a Builder working in Greater Manchester – Bob Stelling – and the other was looking into the apparent torture and murder of a Social Worker that was born in Leeds – Emily Johnson. Their forms had also been assumed, two of Fenrir’s pack members deciding that they too wanted to see the graduation of “Little Ari”. Ariel wasn’t nearly as naive as his sickeningly content mother was. Should things have gone horribly awry, Bob and Emily were there to make sure that, at the very least, Ariel made it out alive. Fenrir was the most preferable for them personally but Fenrir had been specific. If there was a problem then they were to take Ariel; and there would be no complaints about it. Fenrir had made his decision and they had no choice but to go by what he said.

Emily Johnson and Bob Stelling were masquerading as Vincent Montgomery’s brother and sister. Vincent Montgomery was in turn masquerading as Fiona’s new beau and Fiona had gotten dressed for the occasion. Ariel didn’t know what disturbed him more – that his father had killed a man and assumed his appearance just so he could attend his graduation...or, that his mother was dressed for once and not running around in whatever lingerie she’d gone to bed in the night before.

Funnily enough, the only sensible conversation was with his siblings who really weren’t old enough to understand the dysfunctional family they were a part of. Ariel truly envied them of that. Their optimism kept him centred and grounded. With Penny and Orion desperate to look around the Ministry, it allowed him to forget that Bob was shadowing his every move and Emily doing much of the same with Mr. Montgomery. It was truly unnerving but Penny and Orion kept him content enough.

“Oh! Ariel it’s this way!”

Ariel turned to see his father, Vincent rather, open a pair of double doors. Ariel leaned down and picked Penny up. He took Orion’s hand and they wandered over to the doors. Ariel swallowed and stepped over the threshold. His mother came up behind him and mumbled something about a Slytherin table. Ariel followed the excited woman with a grimace on his lips and set Penny down in the nearest chair once they picked their table. Orion clambered into the one beside his sister and Ariel found himself being sat between his father and his mother, across from Emily and Bob.

“I do rather like Ministry functions like these,” Fiona commented brightly as ‘Vincent’ poured her a glass of white wine.

“So when exactly do I get to meet this charming redhead of yours, Ariel?” Fenrir asked calmly.

Ariel’s head whipped around and he stared into the muddy brown orbs. For a moment he saw a flash of the mercury he was so used to staring at and he blanched.

“I...she...soon.” Ariel finished lamely.

“Good!” Fiona exclaimed, breaking the sudden silence between all of them. “I’m glad we’ll finally get to meet her. There has been too much delay with that.”

“Right,” Ariel mumbled.
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:32 am

Jack strode into the Ministry atrium, feeling completely and totally out of place at her own graduation 'ceremony' or whatever the hell this was. Everyone had dressed up formally, and she stood there in her own version of formal attire, her pockets crammed full of candy and pranks. Everyone had arrived with a family in tow, and she came in alone, not even bothering to look for the family she knew would never come with her. And lastly, everyone seemed to be looking forward to graduation, yet Jack could not bring herself to be excited to be leaving the one lace that had always kept her safe.

She no longer felt safe and she n longer felt sane. She had seen Thaor die in front of her and she could not even tell anyone the truth of why he had been up in that tower- even if it meant damning herself. Her family had made it clear all ties were severed. She had been recovering from the battle, and the nasty shock she received afterwards. And now she had to leave the shield of Hogwarts to face even more peril. Jack was less than thrilled about being tossed out into the world.

She took another step and then stopped, taking in her surroundings. It suddenly hit her just how ostracized she had been at school- self-induced or not. She knew most people knew her- as Gryffindor Quidditch captain, Potter's Army leader, Triwizard Champion, troublemaker and school prankster. But how many KNEW her? How many were her friends, let alone acquaintances? And she suddenly thought perhaps she was the only one that felt this way. Even Amelia was talking with Adam's friend Peter. Had Jack become so independent as to push herself away from everyone?

No, she knew there was one person here for her and just as she thought of him, she caught sight of him. He was sitting between who she assumed to be his mother and.. well, it took longer to decide on the man. Jack knew Fenrir had his hands still in Ari's life- she also had a distinct feeling he did not approve of her, seeing as he did not like muggleborns. Perhaps a disguise? Or was this a stepfather, or a new boyfriend of his mother's? The children Jack assumed were Ari's siblings. The others- an uncle and aunt, perhaps?

Jack suddenly felt awkward, knowing there would be a big deal made if she went over there. Then again, she would rather sit amongst the Greybacks than sit alone- and she could not just ignore Ari. Besides, when had she ever let anyone intimidate her?

She squared her shoulders and strode towards them, her short frame somehow managing to brush taller bodies aside. She did not like that she was nervous- especially for some reason about the man next to Ari- and she was over compensating by exuding confidence. As she reached their table, she said, "Ari" to alert him of her appearance. But she stopped and waited for the attention to turn to her before firmly holding a hand out to shake to the man next to Ari, saying before any introduction could be made, "You all must be Ari's family. I'm Jack."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:34 am

Ties had always confused Calvin. Since the very first time he’d ever been required to wear one around his neck, he’d had a great deal of trouble understanding them - or, more importantly, how to wear one properly. He did own one, however; despite his limited knowledge about them, the uniform that he’d put together for his days spent at the Ministry of Magic included one. The Ministry just seemed like the place to wear a tie, and thus, Calvin had felt it necessary to dress up in the one tie that he owned when preparing for Hogwarts' graduation ceremony, which was being held at the Ministry of Magic.

“Over – no, under then over – no, that’s wrong too…" Calvin spoke to himself as he fiddled with the thing, tossing it about his neck, often slapping himself in the face with its end while he attempted to work out the complicated secret behind adjusting a tie. He looked ahead at his reflection in the mirror, pressing his lips together in a straight line as he concentrated on the task at hand. Six days out of the weak Calvin faced that mirror and wrestled with that tie… For years he’d struggled with the bright red accessory, yet, it hadn’t yet gotten any easier. In most cases, Reid would assist him, or Chase, after she’d moved in with them, but he was alone in his room at that moment, and was being forced to complete the difficult task on his own that evening. He was certain to be late if he did not pick up the pace… He pouted at himself in the mirror when he realized that he’d trapped his index finger in the jumbled knot that he’d created, and attempted to wiggle it free.

“Reid! Chase!” He squealed at the top of his lungs, turning away from the mirror for a moment to stick his head out of the door and gaze down the hallway. “I need help!” he continued, hoping that someone would come to his rescue. He was not certain if Chase had already left for her graduation ceremony or not, and therefore, was counting mainly on Reid’s assistance. “Please!” The urgency in Calvin’s voice grew stronger as he began to fear that he would never again be able to use his ‘pointer finger’ properly.

-

Calvin rocked back and forth from his toes to his heels as he stood, gazing about the crowd in search of someone he knew, feeling lost in the Atrium without someone at his side. He’d decided to come to the Ministry that evening in order to watch Chase take part in her very last Hogwarts’ related activity; to smile at her from the crowd as she accepted her graduation certificate, and to congratulate her afterword on finishing with her education despite all of the difficulties she’d faced.

He fiddled with the end of his tie with one hand, and scratched his fuzzy head with the other as he continued to look out of place.
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:36 am

Chase had left her household earlier because she knew she would need to sit down relatively quickly if she was going to make it through this graduation. She was still on the mend, and it was obvious by her looks. Jagged short hair, scars, and bandages made up her general appearance, and it pretty much looked like she had been hit by a bus, and had every piece of glass pierce her skin at least once. But Calvin had saved her... saved her from the very doorstep of death, and brought her back to him.. and now? Well... their relationship had changed a bit from before her kidnapping, to after. For one, Chase didn't feel safe anywhere, unless she was directly next to Calvin, holding his hand. Because that had been her comfort while she was in so much pain, his hand in hers, so she felt incomplete, and empty without his hand tucked firmly in her own. Also, their relationship had changed a bit. Sure Calvin was older then her by a few years.. but... there was now something stirring there, and Chase was almost afraid to look at it directly, fearing it would bust the bubble of happiness she had built up.

Her main bandage was made extra tight and secure today, around her middle, and she had even taken the effort to put a bandage over her non working eye.. just so that people weren't freaked out by it.. it wasn't quite.. pretty yet, and still needed a lot of attention, so she decided to not show it off today, there would be things for that later, when it was healed up and a neat scar, instead of the gash that was there now, that had refused to heal properly. She smelt like healing potions and herbs, and even had a small bag with potions in it, in case she needed some. She was fixing, but she had to come to this.. she just.. had to..

Chase was sitting down, looking around, when she spotted Calvin, and immediately she found her feet, leaning heavily on a cane that resembled Doctor House's, and she made her way over to Calvin, grinning madly, getting really weird looks. "Calvin! You made it! I was starting to worry you had gotten lost!" She said hugging her dearest friend. It was the man who had saved her, the man she felt close to in more ways then just that.. and as the hug finished, her fingers easily slipped their way into his, interlacing, and holding tight, and she found herself relaxing completely. It was amazing how one touch could make her feel so.. at ease, even when there were so many people here... people who could protect, in the Ministry of Magic.. she didn't feel a fraction as safe, as she did standing next to Calvin, her hand in his. "Thanks for coming Calvin! Oh! who helped you with your tie?" She asked giggling, and immediately set to straightening it out, standing in front of him, leaning her crutch against the wall next to them, and focusing her attention on his tie.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Olawale Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Peter felt his mouth twitch and he looked down, raising his right hand to finger the small pin that rested on his Ravenclaw tie. "I can not forget, well, I should not forget my roots," he explained. "Besides.. my mother pinned zis on me for my first day of school, I knew it would mean a lot to her to see it on me when I graduated, regardless of where I did."

He paused glancing up and across the atrium. His mother had been watching, much to his displeasure, and Olive had been staring around nervously. His mother nudged Olive and pointed, and both females waved, causing him to raise his handto his chin's height and shaking it quickly, hoping they would not continue- and there came the darting eyes towards Amelia, advising him to continue talking to her.

He looked back at Amelia, his cheeks slightly pink and he reached up to rub his neck. "Zat's my mother and my sister Olive. My father was busy at work and could not make it tonight." He chewed on his lip, wondering vaguely if Ameli'a family was in attendance. He was curious about her life, because she did not tell him much about her life outside of Hogwarts. He wanted to know. He knew she did not like telling that to people, but he wanted to be the exception.

"I was, um.." he awkwardly began. He reached forward to pick up the card, running his finger along the edges and the fold of the card. "At the battle, I looked for you. I was on a broom, and I.. I did not know where you were, I was worried something might.." He paused. "Someone told me you were zere with.. with the by from the paper, Simon." He chewed on his lip. "Are you okay?"
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 210
Special Abilities : Leglimancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:41 am

((As this needs to progress, people who've not yet posted, just say that you're already here, and that you've just been sitting down. Momentarily the minister will begin to graduate people and then there'll be the celebration afterwards.
Oh, and to answer the questions about time. We'll say that the graduation takes place a month after the battle.))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:02 am

It was not his graduation, thankfully. Byron dreaded the day of his own graduation. That day still had three more years before it would make its appearance. Now, though, the boy merely came for the people that he possibly might never see again after school, especially if they should relocate to another country and place. Chiefly, though, Byron came for the food. It was common knowledge to everyone that a feast would be served at graduation, and for a boy who loved his cake ... and his steak, and his chicken, and his potatoes, and his cheeses, and his ... everything that can be eaten, Byron had been looking forward.

Upon entering the Ministry Atrium, Byron surprisingly heard his name being called, and proceeded to greet two older girls from Gryffindor. He remembered sharing some conversations with them through his years at Hogwarts, in the common room. It made him feel slightly sad that he would never get to see them as easily as walking down from his dormitory to the common room, anymore. A photographer asked for their picture to be taken, and the girls squealed in agreement, dragging him to be in the centre of their picture. Byron happily obliged, glad to be receiving some of their attention, for now.

After some more chatting, Byron finally left the girls and began to survey the scene. It had been a month since the battle at Hogwarts. He wondered how it must feel for the students here to suffer from it in their graduating year. On the other hand, he wondered how returning to Hogwarts must feel when the time comes for him to do so. Suddenly, Byron spotted Jack. He continued to stand at where he was. School would feel empty without her presence. The girl had been all kinds of a leader to the boy, who held an unwavering respect for her. He felt the need to congratulate her on her graduation, but decided to do so later instead.

Although he was alone, Byron was not embarrassed at the fact that he had come here for the food, too. Looking hopeful, he made his way to the buffet table and began to stare at the array like a wolf.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:11 am

Jess couldn't help but feel a sense of apprehension as he'd prepared for the upcoming Hogwarts graduation ceremony that evening. It'd been nearly a full month since he'd ventured out of his house for an event this public, preferring to retire into the safety of his own house or Grimmauld Place, rather than face the unknown mood of the public.

Of course the inconclusive nature of the battle had had its toll on Jess, the feeling of responsibility for the dead, the knowledge that all that loss could have been avoided, and that its reward wasn't nearly as high as he'd been hoping. The better days kept him going, knowing that Hogwarts was going to be better next year, and that the people who'd not survived the battle would have wanted it this way were the thoughts that he used to console himself, but it barely did the job.

The Atrium was decorated nicely, he couldn't help thinking as he appeared with a pop, dressed in a simple suit and travelling cloak. The Hogarts banners looked almost as if they'd been pulled from the castle itself. A plausible theory actually, the Great Hall had been one of the only structures in the school to not suffer any damage, other than a few windows of course.

As he'd arrived he'd searched for the right table before spotting Robert's family and deciding that he'd be best off with them, surely safer with a more friendly crowd.
"Hello," He said quietly as he approached them, a fake smile plastered on his face in an attempt to create the happy facade he knew Khaat preferred him to have.
"It looks nice Robert, kudos to you and the rest," he told him quietly, before settling down for the ceremony itself. It was destined to be dull, he knew, but he knew that the party afterward would be the rewarding point of the evening. He had people to speak to, and one or two people to keep a particularly keen eye open for.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Gellert Grindelwald Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:50 am

Gellert felt the thrill of control coursing through his body as he entered the Ministry of Magic for the first time in over 80 years.

The appearance hadn't changed much, sure there were some feeble attempts at colour added, notably the fountain of magical brethren, but for the most part the black, dark appearance had remained, probably as a result of the bureaucratic process of actually acting upon any of the proposed changes being far too long and effort filled.

Looking at the podium he felt a tinge of pity for this year's graduating class, particularly for one who had a bloody surprise awaiting her when she returned home and found the source of Grindelwald's polyjuice potion's appearance splattered across the living room.

That had been fun.

But regardless, the graduation served as a perfect opportunity to scope out the leaders of the Wizarding World, who would undoubtedly be in this room right now, and the polyjuice potion was just so much more fun than an invisibility cloak.
Gellert Grindelwald
Gellert Grindelwald

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:10 am

Ne'Os felt a odd need to attend the graduation in fact it had something to do with the fact it would have been his graduation had he not dropped out of hogwarts and died. He entered the Atrium not that anyone would notice thanks to his ability to become invisible he would not be noticed unless someone bumped into him but he was being careful to make sure this didn't happen. If for some reason he would become visible or if a more powerful wizard could still seem him he was not worried he was here on a mission of peace.

He couldn't help but let his mind wander to the presence of the elder wand far down below him in the department of mysteries he could almost feel it. He longed to get it but he knew he would need help the defenses of the department of mysteries were probably much stronger since the last few battles here. Finding a wall to lean against he watched with much interest he was curious to see who was graduating.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top