Post Battle Meeting - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Post Battle Meeting - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Post Battle Meeting

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post Battle Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: Post Battle Meeting

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Thaor stared into Grindlewalds eyes, not backing down. I'll prove it in due time. I will deliver information from both the ministry, and the order, we will be one step ahead of both of them. Thaor said, turning his gaze to Remy as she began to speak. Thaor knew she was lying, the forest was on fire, as well as the school, but nothing inbetween. I find a major problem with your story, Firstly, the forest was on fire, so being pushed back into it would have ended most unfortunately for you. Secondly, the castle was on fire, but not the grounds, just the forest and castle. The only place to be would have been between the two. Thaor said, his wand hand twitching, barely resisting the urge to curse her. Her bit about the gamekeepers hut is what sent him over the edge. It had burnt down within minutes of the battle starting. Attonbitus Thaor said, sending a bolt of lightning at her. ~~~~~~~~Remy - Attonbitus - An offensive spell which sends a bolt of lightning towards the victim, severely injuring and perhaps killing the target. More powerful wizards can use this spell to hit multiple targets. Very hard to dodge.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Ne'Os jumped as Grindelwald entered and started shouting and couldn't hide his smile as Thaor was yelled at he felt that he should say something but felt it would only prove painful for himself so remained silent on that matter. He flinched visible as the yelling was brought to the group itself and then brought onto Remy.

He then smiled again as Thaor tried to defend himself he thought t would be rather convincing but Ne'Os saw a flaw when he fired dark lightning at Remy Ne'Os still holding his wand raised it in a flash and said "Contego" he felt the spell should be strong enough to block the lightning. Standing now he turned to Grindelwald.

"Sir, if i may Thaor has clearly found away under the vow as he has not only attacked Remy here but he turned on me earlier assisting the Order of The phoenix in a attack against me in fact because of his assistance i was able to be defeated by them and captured. Had i not regained consciousnesses and escaped after being thrown into a wall by the man sitting at the table i would be dead or in Aazkaban" he said truthfully.Taking a breath he continued "As to Remy i believe wherever she was during the battle doesn't matter she is not powerful enough to have made the same impact and would have been captured or killed if she entered the main battle" he finished shooting a glance at Remy that said he knew she wasn't present he had been all over the grounds at one point or another and knew she wasn't around.

He waited a few seconds to feel what effect he was having before he delved into his bigger speech and with a calm voice said "If I may say one more thing. I feel under Thaor's rule which i was not present for he did little to do anything for the death eaters as you can clearly see the death eaters here except for a couple are patheticly weak. This was not so in my time. In my time we had power and were feared we actually did things that effected the wizarding and muggle worlds at the same time. What we have now is a group of weaklings so unaware of there power they destroyed the thing you were trying to capture. Luckily I returned when i did I suggest you remove Thaor from his position and appoint someone else you can actually trust to run the death eaters. I wish to nominate myself not only because i know the limits of my power but because i know how to actually make war i know how to assassinate and kidnap not only that but i know how to create magic that all the death eaters sitting before you cannot. It is magic that only four people in history including you and I have ever attempted. You and I at one time or another were as near immortality as one can get without becoming a god themselves." He paused to let all of that soak in before he continued.

"now I know I have done things in my past which may strike you as me being a traitor to the cause but that is untrue when i killed Voldemort i did it out of necessity the path we were on with him would have killed us he like many here killed first and asked questions later and his overconfidence that none could defeat him was his downfall. Now i admit that it was the same with me but that was before i learned that you can not just fight with fire you must take a step back and think. If you allow me to serve you as the leader of this group of murderers and thieves you will not be disappointed. I will be able to bring back the time where even the word death eater struck crippling fear in the hearts of the wizarding world" he finished sitting back down. He hoped that this would work if not he would have to try a different tactic. he still had his wand in his hand should Thaor send another spell at Remy or anyone else for that matter.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Devaul Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Remy scowled defensively as Thoar attacked her, clearly upset that he was being subjected to Grindelwald’s negative attentions. The man was getting defensive, and he was going after Remy for it. Now more than ever, Remy wished Paris would have just given her the damn gun she wanted, or at the very least that she hadn’t left her revolver in her motorbike. If it had been just her and Thoar, she wouldn’t have hesitated to shoot him. And when Remy Devaul shot, she didn’t miss.

Under the circumstances, however, Remy could do very little but glare at Thoar as he tried to poke holes in her story. His attempts were feeble, but Remy couldn’t help but feel the twisting sensation of getting caught sneaking up on her. She was the only one who could know for sure that her story was a lie, but Thoar’s accusations, though flimsy, might inspire doubt in the others in the room. Remy was about to defend herself against Elldir’s words, but before she could get a syllable out, the old man raised his wand.

Without waiting to hear what spell he had in mind, Remy threw herself to the floor, and not a second too soon. In fact, she might have been too late in trying to dodge the bolt of lightning headed in her direction, but her lack of inhuman agility was forgiven by a most unusual source. Remy hadn’t been looking at Ne’Os when he cast the protective spell in front of her – she had been too busy staring at the floorboards that her face would soon be in contact with – but she heard his voice and felt the ripple of magic in the air as the two spells collided.

After a moment of hesitation on the floor to make sure Thoar didn’t intend to send anything else her way, Remy slowly lifted herself off her stomach to her hands and knees. She could feel the bruises to her lower ribs that were a combined result of “fear-for-my-life” and gravity. But they weren’t life-threatening. Remy wasn’t going to play it off as nothing, though, so she got to her feet slowly, her eyes flooded with hatred as she glared at Thoar.

“Haven’t you done enough damage already?” Remy hissed, not bothering to hide the contempt in her voice. If Grindelwald and Ne’Os were any indication, Thoar was losing his footing fast, so Remy didn’t need to bother with the mock respect for him anymore. Hell, maybe her words would even get him fired up enough to make Grindelwald think Elldir was better off dead. One could only hope.

“Your inaction was the reason the Death Eaters were going nowhere before Grindelwald, and now you have taken up firing spells at your own people?”

“In case you hadn’t noticed, fiendfyre doesn’t exactly follow a specific course,” Remy spat, her voice level to the point of being downright dangerous, “The fire in the forest lit the surrounding grounds, leaving me with enough to deal with without searching through everything to report to you.”

Remy said the last pronoun in the most scathing voice she could manage after having the wind knocked out of her by her attempt to avoid injury. It was as if the very idea that he could ever be a sufficient leader was an absolute joke to the dark-haired woman.

From here, Ne’Os took over the conversation, making it clear that he was on Remy’s side, though why he had chosen her as ally was beyond her. Remy had never so much as spoken to Ne’Os, and the fact that he had acted against Thoar for her protection was surprising. Remy wasn’t going to ask too many questions, though, because without him, she might have been a pile of ash by now.

His little speech about her not being powerful enough to make a difference might have been insulting to a lesser person, but Remy had used the argument herself only a few minutes ago, so she didn’t put up any protest to Ne’Os’s words. However, when he shot a look in her direction, it was filled with more knowledge than Remy wanted him to have. His look suggested he knew enough to know she wasn’t being wholly truthful, but there was no way he could prove it, right? And if he knew about her indiscretions, why was he defending her?

It didn’t add up, but as before, Remy wasn’t about to start asking questions. Instead, she averted her eyes from Ne’Os to prevent any further eye contact that might give her away, and listened as he offered himself as leader of the death eaters. Here, Remy felt she needed to say something, if only so as not to be indebted to Ne’Os any longer. She didn’t like the concept of owing anyone.

“I’ll cast my vote in with any lot but Thoar,” Remy said pointedly, sneering at Thoar through narrowed eyes, “We can’t even be sure he’s with us, and even if he was, that nasty temper of his might reduce our numbers so as to be even more ineffective than we are now,” Remy finished. She was still in a precarious situation, because Thoar had already proven he wasn’t afraid to curse her, but at this point casting in with Ne’Os seemed better than standing idly by while the man that had tried to kill her kept his position of power. Remy knew Elldir would never let go of what had happened, and the sooner he was removed from power, the better off she would be.
Remy Devaul
Remy Devaul
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 535

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Although the battle had been a catastrophe, Vincent was pleased at the way it had gone. He had not wanted the school to fall into Grindelwalds hands, so he was reasonably happy that the order had won the battle. Nevertheless, the lack of discipline that the death eaters had shown there had been quite irritating for him. They had seemed to be more inclined towards murdering the students than actually duelling the order members. Of course, part, or most, of the blame lay with Thaorson. Had he actually led them, they might have won.

Vincent for one, wasn't buying that Thaorson was some sort of double agent. The man definitely was suitable to being a death eater, the casual way he used dark spells for example, but Vincent didn't trust him. No doubt, Grindelwald wouldn't buy his excuses either. If it had been Voldemort, Elldir would have been murdered the moment he had stepped foot into the manor. This was Grindelwald though, someone Vincent thought was more clever than their previous lord. No doubt Grindelwald planned to continue to use Thaor in some way.

Vincent watched the exchange between Ne'os, Remy and Thaor with some interest. The woman mattered little to him, but he was quite baffled by Thaors actions. He guessed that Thaor was trying to prove something to Grindelwald, but it only seemed as if he was losing it completely. His tone with which he was speaking to Grindelwald was hardly helping either. I guess its time for me to step in, he thought. The way Elldir was going, Vincent was certain he would be killed right after the meeting. He didn't seem to have any support in the death eaters, and why would he, it was his betrayal that had cost them the battle. Vincent though, didn't quite want him to die just yet.

"Sir, while it might be hard to believe, I assure you Elldir speaks truly. He is a valuable member and if we are to take the ministry soon, we need information from somewhere... He is one of the few of us who has a position in the ministry," Vincent said in a polite, convincing tone. "However, it is quite clear now that he cannot remain leader of the death eaters. We need a leader who can actually participate in battles. As Elldir is unsuitable, we need a new leader..." he added, with a tone that highly suggested that the new leader should be Vincent himself.

He turned to Ne'os now. While Vincent had something to gain from having Thaorson as an ally, he did not think the same with Ne'os. The boy was young and impulsive, as he had seen before, and no way was Vincent going to serve under his leadership. "Yes, before we were feared, before you decided to end that..." Vincent replied scathingly. "You are just as ill fitted as Elldir to lead us boy."
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:59 pm

"That is for Grindelwald to decide" he said respectively to Vincent smiling politely at him. The old him would challenge that with a tantrum of some kind but Ne'Os had learned. "Like i said Voldemort was leading us to our demise he spent so much time when he was alive fighting Harry Potter and his followers that he wasn't prepared for the time after that. While he was in power a while after there was evidence we were failing for one we would have lost the battle at Hogwarts even if i didn't kill him there. I did consider myself a traitor at that time yes but now i have made amends for it i still fight loyally as a death eater. You should know during that time i was corrupted i guess is a good word my brain addled by the vampire blood coursing threw it and the simple unbalance of hormones in a teenager's body not to mention the lust for power. As you can see that is long and gone Vincent if you feel you would be a better leader than i then i won't resist if you are chosen. So rambling for long enough i turn to the only person who can decide" he said looking at Grindelwald and giving him a polite smile.

He couldn't help feeling annoyed he honestly didn't think of Vincent chiming in but he was foolish not to expect it he should have learned by now the man hated Ne'Os after all Vincent pushed for the death at Ne'Os trial the trial that felt like a lifetime ago but had to have been less than a year but then again who knows how long Ne'Os had been dead. He hoped he was making a convincing case as to why he should be leader. For now at least it looked like Thaor wouldn't be leader for much longer so he had no need to worry there but he was still thinking of how he could push that matter if he needed to.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:36 am

Thaor angrily glared a Ne'Os. He could feel his control of the situation fading. How exactly do you break an unbreakable vow Ne'Os? In theory, if one had a horcrux, they could come back after breaking it. As it is, they would need a new body, wouldn't they? As for my actions at the battle, my true intentions were to convince Lupin and Potter I was on their side. If my intentions were anything but that, I would have died immediately. Thaor said, not hiding the anger in his voice anymore. My inaction. MY inaction. Thaor spat at Remy. How about the incompitence of most of the death eaters. Only a select few can actually do things right. I had plans, I layed them all out. And no one would do a damn thing. Thaor said, turning to Vincent as he spoke. Thaor could understand what Vincent was saying. But he became confused with one thing. Why would Vincent want him to stay alive. There are better things to focus on. Thaor thought to himself. Give me ten days, and Robert Lupin will be dead. Thaor said, turning to Grindlewald. I'm at his house quite often now, he trusts me enough to use a wand I made for him. As I already stated, I am deputy minister, which means I would take over. I could appoint anyone I wish as the new deputy minister. This person would be whomever you choose. I'll step down as minister, and the ministry is yours. If that isn't enough to prove where my loyalties lay, then you should kill everone in this room. Because they haven't done that much. Thaor finished. He hoped this plan would work. Grindlewald removing me from my position would be suicidal. He knows this. I will remove myself from the leadership, and appoint a new leader. Just keep in mind, the best player, doesn't always make the best team captain. Thaor said, turning to Ne'Os as he said the last sentence.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Gellert Grindelwald Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:42 am

"I bet you had a great view of the battlefield from the Minister's right hand side," Grindelwald spat angrily at Thaor, shaking his head slowly as he considered what was happening in the room around me.

"Well well well, isn't this some trouble," he said quietly after a moment of thought as the people around him debated the effectiveness of Thaor's leadership. "Mr Elldir," he said, choosing to ignore the others for the time being, what they had to say really had little effect on him owing to the vow he'd taken.

"I think that your services are coming to an end. Guarantee to me that you still have the Loyalty of your team by the end of the week, or you will die, either at my hands, or as a result of our vow. I believe the terms were that I would not conspire or act in any way to uproot you from the Leadership of the Death Eaters as long as you guaranteed their support in my campaign. If by the end of the week you cannot guarantee that support, I hardly see my end of the bargain being something that needs holding up, do you understand?" He asked, a malice filled grin crossing his face.

"But for now," he said, speaking a little louder to address everyone in the room, "I would advise that you all take Mr. Elldir's offers of employment the moment he gives them to you, if you wish to stay in my good books. Refuse these positions and... well. You might find yourself on the receiving end of my displeasure, even moreso than Mr. Elldir here is tonight," he said, the cold undertone in his voice returning towards the end of his speech.
Gellert Grindelwald
Gellert Grindelwald

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:00 am

Ne'Os felt the anger in him reach a danger point as not only was he ignored but that Thaor was giving some mercy he knew if Ne'Os was in charged he would have asked for death for failing as miserably as Thaor did deciding however the best course of action would to not question it he said nothing. He simple stared with anger at Grindelwald. When Grindelwald addressed the room saying they should listen to the failure sitting in the room with them Ne'Os found it very difficult to not send a killing curse at the dark wizard. He felt fear however when he wondered what the receiving end of his displeasure would be like. He simple bowed slightly and sat in his chair.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Devaul Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:13 pm

Remy was feeling the pressure of being the only Death Eater in the room that wasn’t a major player. Usually, at these meetings, she was able to fly under the radar merely by keeping to the outskirts of the conversation, or sitting quietly at her place at the table. Thoar, however, had drawn altogether too much attention to her with his accusations.

Grindelwald, at least, seemed to have dropped his concerns with Remy. Her story must have been enough to dissuade him from pursuing the subject further, or perhaps he was just putting her on the backburner to deal with the more pressing problem of Death Eater leadership. It seemed that every alpha male in the room – which was essentially every male in the room – wanted to take on the leadership role for himself, which Remy couldn’t understand in the slightest. Thoar’s life was being threatened because he hadn’t been able to fulfill his duties correctly; surely there was not enough power in the position to make it work risking one’s life for it?

But as long as the men were arguing, Remy was slowly fading back to her usual place of mostly being ignored, which suited her just fine in this situation. If she needed an ego boost, she could always go to a bar after the meeting and have meaningless sex with the most attractive person she could find. She didn’t need the Death Eaters to make herself feel good, but she did need them for protection. She was beginning to wonder, however, if the protection the Death Eaters offered was enough to outweigh the danger of being around them. If Thoar wasn’t killed by the end of the week, Remy would be in a precarious position among the ranks of the Death Eaters.

Although Remy was having thoughts of becoming a free agent again, she knew better than to express them to Grindelwald. Instead, when he outlined his expectations of the Death Eater underlings, Remy inclined her head deeply.

“Yes, sir,” she replied, careful to keep the begrudging tone out of her voice.
Remy Devaul
Remy Devaul
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 535

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:02 pm

I was actually on his left. Thaor thought to himself. Deciding now was not the time, nor place to be a smartass. Grindlewald gave him till the end of the week. This was, doable. But would take a lot of convincing. He was begining to wonder if it was even worth it. He already knew what Grindlewald wanted. But Robert wants him on the inside. He'd figure something out. Thaor took note of Ne'Os's anger with Gellert, this could be used to his favor later on. Thaor had forgotten about Remy until she spoke. He would confront her later. One on one. What is next in your plan? Thaor asked Gellert as he took his seat once more.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top