Inquisition - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Inquisition - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Inquisition

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inquisition - Page 2 Empty Re: Inquisition

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Mon May 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Thaor kept his face emotionless as Jess walked in. Jess, I've given you no reason to trust me, but I would like to ask you to trust Robert, you're both on the same side here, and he knows me far better than any living person does. We've asked you here because I have valuable information that could help the order. However, I've made an unbreakable vow, I can not tell you much, until I recover the horcrux I have made. Thaor said, looking straight into Jess's eyes.

Thaor turned his attention to Robert now. We will have to keep my body alive, once the soul dies, I have a couple ideas for that. I figured between Khaat and yourself, you could keep it alive until the soul from the horcrux is put back into my body. Or, I've considered borrowing a muggle 'life support' machine. What do you think on the matter? Thaor asked Robert.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon May 23, 2011 2:57 pm

"Now that is the tricky part, isn't it?" Robert frowned. "It is, of course, not a problem to get a muggle life support machine. It is rather against our ethics and values to use a muggle medical machine, but then again, so are horcruxes. It would appear that our best hope is for you, first, not to be struck with a killing curse. That basically shortcuts it all and makes all of our other plans null and void. I would hope that perhaps your death would be done in such a way that might give us more time." He sat and thought for a long moment. Then he drew out a box from a desk drawer. It held a wristwatch in it that he wore when he had to appear at a muggle function. He didn't use it much. He also took the clean white handkerchief from his jacket pocket. He turned them both into portkeys and handed them to him.

"The watch, if you use it, will get you to me. The handkerchief will get you to Khaat," he told Thaor. "Use them wisely."

Then Robert looked at Jess. "I know you do not approve, but we do need Thaor. We do need what he can bring to reducing the influence of the Dark Arts in our world. I know this looks very odd, but I am asking you to trust me on this. It can be a great help to us."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue May 24, 2011 11:50 am

Jess raised and eyebrow and shot a challenging look at Robert, frowning as he did so. "Well, you're right about two things" he said, taking the seat opposite Robert. "You have given me no good reason to trust you, so you'll forgive me if I don't," he said bluntly and discourteously, "But I do trust Robert, and I'm willing accept his judgement on the matter," he said, a begrudging tone in his voice.

Truth was, Jess didn't trust the other man in this room as far as he could throw him, Robert was trustworthy, and that was just enough to prevent Jess from putting a wand to Thaor's back, however Thaor himself was a treacherous snake, and Jess would be on his guard, no matter how complacent Robert was about the matter.

"I'll hear him out, what's the information, limited is not the same as non-existent, so there must be something you're willing to spill right now," he said gruffly, his eyes trained on Thaor the whole time.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Thu May 26, 2011 10:29 am

Jess didn't trust him, that much was obvious. Thaor wasn't sure what he could do to make Jess trust him, not without killing himself first. I'm hoping, to keep my cover among the death eaters until I've secured my horcrux, and it is in your hands. I shall then tell you everything, breaking the unbreakable vow. Once I break it, I will die instantly. My take is I should be hooked up to the machines before I begin to tell you everything, safety precaution. He said, now turning his attention to Jess.

You do not trust me, that is fine. I've given you no reason to. I ask nothing of you, but your presence when I break the vow. The information I hold could be the difference in this war. I can't say much, but what I can say, is this. The death eaters have something, someone rather, whom we all believed dead. This person poses a huge threat, not only to the order, but the ministry, the general public, and the muggles. This person was never a death eater, but they are working with the death eaters as their scape goats. he said, looking Jess in the eyes. No more innocent people need to die Jess, I need you to trust me, if not that, then let the interest of the information I have, keep you close to this situation.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu May 26, 2011 4:33 pm

"And there you present a bit of a sticky wicket," Robert sighed. "If we hook you up to life support machines too prematurely, you do not technically die and therefore stay bound to the Unbreakable Vow. The line betwen being alive and not, especially where this spell is involved, is a very fine, often missed space. Attaching you to the machines is not the issue. The issue is when we start them to either preserve or return life. That has to be absolutely meticulous. Other than myself, the only other healer I would trust with that task would be Khaat because it is so delicate. Thats precisely why I gave you the portkeys to get to one of us if you become wounded or compromised in any manner.

"Jess," Robert said, looking at him, "I have passed on more responsibilities for the safety of our world to Khaat than she even comprehends at this point. From a personal standpoint, you need to know she is pregnant again. I am taking several risks even with my own child for the safety of our world. However, as a favor to me, or to her, whichever you prefer, I am asking you that if push does ever come to shove in this mess, you must ensure her safety. She has keys that no one else knows but me about insuring the greater good--the things we both believe in. Thaor is only one of those keys. There are more. Now--I know you too well to not know you have questions. Ask them. Lay your cards on the table."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue May 31, 2011 11:14 am

Jess frowned for a moment then nodded his mind running over all the possibilities before he finally opened his mouth to speak, the implications of this discussing running through his mind at a frightening speed. Finally, he spoke.

"Why?" He asked, looking Thaor directly in the eyes, his wand stroking his wand in his pocket as he considered shooting a spell between Thaor's eyes. He'd be justified in doing so, he knew that, and even if Robert hated him for it, the Order would support him wholeheartedly in his actions.

"Why are you being a turncoat to the Death Eaters? Why now?" He asked, before softening a little as Robert spoke.

"Again?" He asked, a slightly incredulous tone entering his voice. "My god, she just can't help it can she," he said, the shadow of a grin touching his face, "Still, congratulations - Grandfather," he said, reaching out to shake Robert's hand.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:24 am

Robert had a valid point. Connecting too early could cause problems, but so could too late. He was just going to have to trust Khaat, and Robert, which he did, so that was no problem. Finally the question came. It was only a matter of time before Jess asked why. Thaor took a deep breath before responding.

Would you want to stand by, not being able to do anything, as your predecessor comes in, and tells you how things are going to be, and they bring with them one of the darkest wizards of all time. And your followers quickly allign with him, but he claims that he will not uproot you. When you know full well, that he doesn't give a damn who he hurts, or back-stabs to get what he wants? I know he will hurt both friends, and family. Although, I don't have family left, so just friends then. But the families of others, no more innocent people need to die Jess. Thaor said as he stood up and walked towards the fireplace.

The war is already starting, disapearances. The death of the muggle prime minister. Hogwarts students. It's only a matter of time before it's an attempt on your life, Doyle's, Roberts. I refuse to just stand by anymore while the people I care about get murdered. You can let me help you, help the order, and ministry; and defeat them before too many more people get murdered. Or you can refuse to allow me to help, and possibly defeat them, no doubt, with many casualties along the way. Thaor said, turning to Jess.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:58 am

Jess laughed at what Thaor said and shook his head, looking away for several seconds as he fumed with a deep rage. "And why the hell should I help you? You don't want your friends to die? You're a bloody Death Eater Elldir," he yelled, his face contorted with rage.

"Sure, you'll turn sides when it suits you, when you think that your little perch up there with the Death Eaters is on loose footing, but when this crisis peters out just as it's bound to do so, what then? Realise that you're going nowhere in life and wish to rejoin your old pals?" He asked, shaking his head vehemently.

"No," he said, quiet once again as he turned his back on Thaor. "I have no reason to believe you. You were once like a brother to me, you fought by my side then abandoned the Order when it suited you best," he said, a dangerous anger lurking in his voice. "I wont ever forget that, and I will never trust you with as little as the change in my pocket," he said, turning and shooting an apologetic look Robert's way.

"That's simply how it is, I believe you have a portkey to catch Mr. Elldir," he said, returning to his seat to make Thaor's dismissal obvious, and his intent to speak with Robert obvious too.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:20 am

Thaor turned towards Jess, anger quickly building inside. Being a death eater does not mean I don't feel things, or have emotions Jess. There hasn't been a day that has gone by that I haven't regretted walking away from the Order, walking away from you, Robert, Michael. Thaor said, as tears built up in his eyes.

There is going to be a war Jess, we both know it. I've already lost everything that meant the most to me. Walker passed away a month ago, leaving me the only living Elldir on the planet. What have I done with my life Jess? I'm a celebrated wand maker, who cares. Member of the wizengamot, who cares? Deputy Headmaster and Care of Magical Creatures Professor, who cares? I'm rich, who cares? I've been chasing the wrong things Jess, money, and power. Neither of which, gives hapiness. Just stress, and depression. I'm not asking you to help me, to let me in the order, or anything like that. I'm only asking that you be there when I break this vow, to help the Order, the Ministry, the people you care about, and that I care about. Thaor said, wiping away the single tear off his cheek.

I have no doubt, there will be a battle at Hogwarts, there always is. It is there, that I will make my stand, and leave the Death Eaters, for good. I'm not saying you have to let me in the Order, but know, I'll always be ready to defend the people I care about. Thaor said as he clutched the portkey leading him to Khaat in his hand. With a wisp, he was gone.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:13 am

Jess softened a little as he heard Thaor's words, his emotions, and looked in Robert's eyes.

There was little doubt in his mind that Thaor regretted what he had done, that he didn't like the person he'd become, but that didn't change the things he'd done, that he was instantly absolved of all crimes.

Though it appeared that Robert thought he was. How strange. Maybe the minister had forgotten the very laws he often held so high above everyone else's heads, threatening to drop at any time.

"Why now?" He asked the Minister for Magic quietly. "And why me? Why you? He could have spoken to any healer in the world, why those who swore to destroy him, and everything he stood for, and stands for?" He asked, his voice rising in anger.

"How dare you put me in this position Robert. First off you're going against your people, the people you represent. How can I look you straight in the face when you pardon people because you went to school with them?" He asked, knowing that he shouldn't be annoyed at Robert. "How can I look you in the face and know that you're a fair leader when you do exactly that?" He asked, sighing and shaking his head.

"I suppose we need all the help we can get," he said after a moment. "I'm not happy to do so, but if helping him means bettering the Wizarding World, then I suppose we simply have to set morals," he said, "Laws," he added angrily looking at Robert, "Aside.

"I am not angry with you Robert, I just disagree with your all out forgiveness for what he did," He said, grabbing his wand and disappearing with a crack to St. Mungos.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum