Wardrobes and wonders will never cease (Khaat) - Page 10
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Wardrobes and wonders will never cease (Khaat) - Page 10 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Wardrobes and wonders will never cease (Khaat)

Page 10 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wardrobes and wonders will never cease (Khaat) - Page 10 Empty Re: Wardrobes and wonders will never cease (Khaat)

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Jess watched and nodsded when he said it was right and to use the guard " already am " she said and held it up soon all the potatoes were in water thinly sliced and waiting on the next stage of preperation. She glanced at Khaat watching how she frenched the chops " ow thats how you do it " he said and chuckled .

Steven nodded as he placed the basket down for ehr to make the nest for the owl , when she asked him to take care of the horses he nodded " sure , I'll explain it to them ...again " he said and chuckled " they see the carrott as a treat no matter how much I tell them but i'l do my best" he said and moved to the first stable and the fawn horse inside who nuzzled his pocket as he stepped inside to bruch him down " nope I don't have any carotts if your good tonight i'll bring one tomorrow " he said and saw Kate and khaat leave chukaling as they left .
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Wardrobes and wonders will never cease (Khaat) - Page 10 Empty Re: Wardrobes and wonders will never cease (Khaat)

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:05 pm

Kate brought the basket into the house, and when the little owl began to feel heat and warmth from the fire Jack made, it began to make little noises. "Its calling for its mother," Kate said softly, deeply moved. She went up to the babies room and got an ordinary flannel baby blanket in a blue and green pastel plaid. She took it and cut it into pieces and wrapped one piece around the little owl. She put another piece in the bottom of the nest and bunched it up to make it soft for him. The little owl seemed to so enjoy her touch that it did its best to try to curl into her. It brought out Kate's motherly instincts and she wrapped the little owl close to her chest to feel her heartbeat and her warmth.

"The frenching is an easy process," Khaat told Jess. "Its a matter of trimming the bone more for presentation than anything else. And besides that, most of the flesh on this end of the bone is fat and is not very lean. I personally think its a bit healthier to not have all that fat on our plates."

"I couldn't agree more," Angus said.

"Did you know how you were going to grill them?" she asked him.

"Yes. I do," He said. "I bought some fresh herbs to create, basically an Herbs De Provence blend to use, but they'll all have to be prepped and chopped."

"That's not a problem," Khaat smiled. "You want it in a marinade?"

"That would be fine," Angus said.

"Either Jess or I can make an herbal marinade when we get finished with what we have now. Did you buy cheese? Jess'll need it for her potatoes. Jess, have you made these potatoes before? They're not hard, but the fancy french name makes them sound intimidating."

"Of course, There are several pounds, several different types, in the fridge."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Jess looked at what khaat was doing and nodded "I agree alittle less fat is always good " she said then looked at Angus " sorry nope all these fancy things is out of my leauge " she said and smiled " I know how to make a basic cheese sauce thats about it " she said as she saw jack walk in .

" But what she can put with it " he said and smiled " is byond belife " he said and sat facing her after he kissed her cheek " jess can make , mac and cheese to die for , her bread and butter pudding with rasins and cinamon is something you should try " he said to them.

Steven finished with the horse's and moved back to the main house and over to the owl " he is so small , how can some one do that to something ..." he sighed " if I got my hands on Angus's brother he'd have me to awnser to " he said loking down at the small owl " its ok mate just sleep and stay warm your in the best care you an be in" he said and smiled at Kate.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Robert came in with the bag. "There are some jars with enough bugs to feed him for 24 hours. We want his food fresh, after all."

"I'm keeping him, Robert," Kate said as the tiny bird nestled into her, starting to make contented sounds now.

"I knew that was coming. You're already coaching him to see you as his mother."

"Yes. I am," she admitted. The little bird began to settle in to go to sleep in her arms.

Angus got out Khaat's cookbook and opened it to the right recipe. "Here, Jess. It sounds far more complicated than it actually is. You can do this. You're a very skilled cook. Just call if you need help. And if you get a chance, you might think about making the bread pudding for dessert. It would really help out. Khaat, can you make the marinade please?"

"Of course," she said. She made an herb marinade and put the chops in it as Brian came in and put his arms around her waist and kissed her. "What's that for?" she laughed.

"I went to Tuscany while you were busy and I brought back your packages," he replied.

"You did?" she looked at him, wide eyed. "You're wonderful." She kissed him. "Thank you."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:57 pm

Jess looked at the book and nodded she could " seems simple now that I have the recipy " she said and began to work on the dish she had been given. Jack sat watching her for a moment them moved threw to the living room in time to see Roobert walk in and hand Kate a bag of bugs.

" whats in the basket?" he asked as steven shook his head lighty.

" an owl , one thats flown further than it should and that kate has adopted " steven said softly as he shook his head again at him " its an elf owl" he looked into the basket again.

" ow I have heard of those nebver seen one before" he said softly and moved to take a look " ow hes cute " he said and steven looked at him.

"its a she" he said and nodded to kate and smiled " explanes how she flew this far, shes a fighter " he smiled at Kate know in the two of them were not so diferant . He moved to a chair and sat down in it thinking of dalilah who to him was a fighter too.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:12 pm

"I think Jess and I have it under control now, Khaat," Angus said. "Thank you."

"Good," Brian laughed. "I think I'm going to steal Khaat and take her on a run with me."

"I can still run?" she asked.

"For awhile," Brian said. "You interested?"

"Yes!" she said. "Anybody else coming?" she called.

"Go change. If they're coming, that will give them a few minutes."

Khaat fairly bounced up the stairs and changed. She came back downstairs and found Brian had simply transfigured his clothes to go. Kieran had gone up and changed.

"Are you coming?" she asked him.

"Yeah. I think I can probably keep up with you," Kieran said.

"Don't count on it," Brian laughed. "Jack? You got any energy left for a good run?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:22 pm

jess smiled at the comradary from khaat and Brian she looked at Jack as Brian asked if he wanted to run with them " go and blow off that steam but rember..." she didn't get to finish her words as jack walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist kissing her cheek as he finished her words.

" no wear skills , I know dought i could " he said and smiled at her " I took my potion and I am not going to break my promise " he siad softly and kissed her again while she had her hands busy . He smiled and headed to change " give me a few minets to change" he said and smiled as he moved to change.

Jess chuckled and smiled as she busied her self with the food as she chuckled herself " well hes more like himself again" she said looking at Angus with a smile " its good to see" .
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:34 pm

"Well, yeah," Angus said. "It gets him back doing things he likes and with people he likes. Its good for not just him but for you too."

Outside, they waited for Jack, and Brian sent Khaat out to stretch to warm up. Kieran went with her. He watched her stretch. "Is that essential?" he asked her.

"For me it is," she said. "It loosens me up before I push myself. Helps me go farther."

"What about faster?"

"Its not about speed. Not for us. Its all about endurance," Khaat smiled. "You might try it."

"No thanks. I think I'm good," he said. It made Khaat smile. He believed he could beat a pregnant woman, but Khaat wasn't that pregnant. Only about two months. She could still run, and she could still beat him easily.

Brian came down and joined her, doing a few stretches of his own.

"You too?" Kieran laughed.

"I intend to beat her," Brian said. Kieran looked at Brian with doubt and just waited for them to be ready to start.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:38 pm

Jes smiled and nodded " yes it does " she said and continued till the dish was done and she m,oved to the window to watch them below streching waiting for jack.

Jack quickly changed and headed down , reatching them he streched his arms and legs knowing now he would have to if he was to stop himself cramping as he ran " well for me its not speed but enjoying the run " he said and shook out his arms and legs as he looked at Khaat and Brain and chuckled knowing they would race each other. " well im ready what about you guys?" he said jogging on the spot as he waited for them.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:50 pm

"You want a head start?" Brian asked Kieran.

"Over you?" Kieran scowled.

"No. Over her," Brian replied.

"I don't need one," Kieran replied. "Lets just go."

"Fine by me," Brian said. "Let's go, All." He took off at an easy pace, and Kieran seemed to need to show off how fast he could go. Khaat decided just to try to match Brian's pace--for now.

"Kieran, its not about speed," Khaat called.

"Thats okay, I'll still beat you all," Kieran laughed and took off away from them.

"Hey," Khaat looked at them. "Any chance I can get you two to agree to throw the run with me?"

"Lose? On purpose? To Kieran?" Brian frowned. "Why?"

"I think he needs some incentive to keep up with us. "

"I hardly think lying to him is the way to do that, Khaat."

"I have a plan. Brian, can you cast that healing practice spell on me, do you think?" she asked.

"Uh, sure, but why?" he frowned.

"What if Kieran really felt needed? It might bring out another side of him. We all need to feel needed," Khaat said.

"You won't change him, Khaat," Brian said.

"We can try. For me? Please? Jack? Are you in? Everyone needs a second chance."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top