The Ties That Bind - Page 47
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ties That Bind - Page 47 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ties That Bind

Page 47 of 48 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ties That Bind - Page 47 Empty Re: The Ties That Bind

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:23 pm

"I'm not going to assign her any firm duties yet," Robert said. "Not until I see whether she can do it. Angus' leg should be better in another day or so. I'll renew those spells and with a little luck, he maybe be back to himself some time tomorrow. Angus is in charge of the run of the house. He always has been. I want him back on the job. Jess, I want you to back him up in the kitchen. If Cassidy can help with household duties, then fine. Let's see what kind of a pace she can keep without falling apart. She probably won't appreciate that, but she seems to have gone into this pregnancy thing totally ignorant. Personally, I'm not so convinced she can pull herself together to be ready to work. She needs to figure out herself and her pregnancy first. I refuse to expect anything out of her until she can develop a little control of herself.

"I want you to take her out shopping tomorrow and get her at least a few things. She doesn't have to have her full pregnancy wardrobe, but get some basics. You know. Slacks, lingerie, some solid colored tops, a sweater. A jacket. some basics. She's clearly feeling desperate for some attention, so lets give her some. My letter said they gave her that big huge thick book on what to expect during pregnancy, but it does not look to me, by her behavior, like she's even cracked open the cover on it. You might want to encourage that, Jess. As I recall, that book was a tremendous help to you. And I've never heard one mother to be who used it who didn't find it to be really helpful. I'll help as I can."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:40 pm

Steven played quetly with Abby and listened as the conversation grew " if its ahelp I could help too, in cassidys case I mean " he said holding Abby rather than bouncing her as she did most of it her self. " well i could encurage her to read that book and like Jess there , awnswer any questions from amans point of view leaving you free to take care of Khaat " he said . Jess nodded and sat back against Jack .

" thats ok im sure she will under stand , I'll find things for her to do around here " she said " if i rember she did change the girls once back in tuscany maybe she can help out buy doing it again so she can get the hang of it " she said smiling at Robert " she's going to have to accept doing it , sooner or later " she chuckled " Im afraid we all did " she said chukaling at seeing Steven nodding.

steven looked at Abby " she'll come around , with this cutey she will " he said and blew a razzberry on ehr tummy again to a fit og giggles .

Jess looked at Robert and chuckled " she will read it even if i have to sit with her " she said
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:00 pm

"I hate this place."

"You hate everywhere we go you stupid cow."

Such amicable behaviour could only be found amongst the Krum kids. As it was, a great portion of their little crowd were horribly drunk and, after catching the wrong Portkey, found themselves in Colorado; still clutching their bottles of beer to their chests.

It was, as mentioned, a crowd. It was a crowd filled with the usual family members Eli surrounded himself with - Harry, Finn, Euan, Elisabeth - and oddly tonight they had the additions of Lorelei, Gustav and Georgio. Elijah wasn't about to complain either. The more the merrier meant more money to spend on booze.

For once though, Elijah was rather sober. He'd passed on the drinking games and stuck to his beer, content to watch the rest of them indulge in shots of Tequila and goodness only knows what else. Of course naturally, Rob had accompanied them, mumbling something about how eight Krums couldn't be trusted together. He wasn't wrong but he had been the one to start the drinking games -- in fairness to the rest of them.

Somehow, they ended up stumbling down the path of the house that, as far as Rob's word went, was owned by Khaat's beau. Elijah, with one arm around Harry and the other around the overly-affectionate Finn, somehow managed to manoeuvred himself down there without falling into a bush but that didn't stop anyone else from falling into a bush.

Lorelei, who was b!tchier than ever when drunk, saw fit to push her youngest brother into a bush. Charming girl.

"Ring the doorbell Euan!" Elijah called up the path, amused by the mint-haired drunkard that was cuddling his bottle of Firewhisky, singing gently to it.

Elijah rolled his eyes and kicked Rob down the path. The Animagus gave a yelp but knocked on the door none the less, shouting out,

"Khaat, Khaat...where for art thou Khaat!"
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Khaat had heard the partying noises from her bedroom window. She had gotten up and had put her book aside and had fairly bounced downstairs. She kissed Brian cheerfully on the cheek, more grateful for his understanding and his support than words could ever say. "If its important to you, its important to me," he said to her softly. He turned to the others. "Look, All. I should have told you. This is my fault, so if you're not happy, be angry with me. Khaat and I decided that Rob deserves to be a part of Abbeys life more than he has. And he certainly deserves to be part of her first Easter and her first birthday. It was a very last minute choice, but we've made it. I'm sure that's them. I expect you to show them your professional bests."

Khaat opened the door and saw Rob there with Eli and a herd of others. It made her laugh out loud. "I see you found the place and nobody broke their legs or anything in the portkey landing. Good work. We have plenty of rooms. Come on in and make yourselves at home. Rob and Eli, I think you know everyone. Almost everyone is here except for one of our staff members. She's already gone to bed for the night, I believe."

Khaat looked over at Abbey who was sitting happily on Steven's laugh playing with his wristwatch. Dakota was sitting on Robert's lap, babbling at Max who was rubbing up against Robert's pantleg and purring. "I'm glad you made it before I put the girls to bed," Khaat told Rob. "You're welcome to help me do that if you want in a few minutes."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:30 pm

Steven looked stone faced at Brian he had never liked Rob after what he'd put Khaat threw his hands held her tighter on his knee. He said nothing but his stoned expreshion said it all and he stood up holding Abby he felt Jack and Jess join him glancing quickly he saw there faces were showing the same unhappy feeling his did but none said a single word . "I'll put the kettel on" said jess and moved to the kitchen out of sight.

Jack folded his arms across his chest and gave a low growl of disaproval, steven gave a deep short sigh as he stood holding Abby who now wanted to play with his dogtags and medallion he slipped both out of sight and let hr play with the buttons on his shirt . he knew exactly what Rob and put Khaat threw and held no love for the man and wanted to shout at them for inviting a snake into the hen house, but ever profeshonal he said nothing letting the stoney expreshion say it all.

Jess had heard Brian and chose to remain quiet , deciding instead not to stay in the same room as the man who almost got her closest freind killed and so moved into the kitchen to put on the kettle knowing it would get roudyier if she didn't and she didn't want abby and dakota around drunks. She had nevre understood why Khat was still married to him after all the things she ahd been put threw buy his hand to her it seemed rediculuse to stay that way but it was not her place to say anything so she made a pot of strong black coffee and brought it threw placing it on the table . "if it were me I would sujest you have some coffee and sober up" she said her voice sturn and disaproving.

Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:56 pm

Elijah couldn't help but smirk at the way Rob sobered up when Khaat appeared at the door. Harry mumbled something incoherent beside Elijah and he felt the elder man's lips graze his ear as his head fell into the crook in his neck. Elijah chuckled and felt Finn sway dangerously beside him. Thankfully, there was no bush-human connection and Elijah managed to pull his cousin back against his side.

Euan, Finn's twin, however, wasn't nearly as easy to control. When Khaat had opened the door, he'd sprung to attention before discarding his now empty Firewhisky bottle and wrapping her up in a perhaps just slightly over-enthusiastic hug. He kissed her on the cheek, declaring something along the lines of "You look lovely" before wandering in without invitation.

"Pay no attention the drunken cousin of mine!" Elijah called up to her from down the path, watching out of the corner of his eye as Lorelei and Elisabeth helped Georgio and Gustav out of the bushes they'd fallen - or in Georgio's case been pushed - into. "He merely wants to be loved!"

"Coffee is for wankers!" Finn declared loudly, breaking away from Elijah and stumbling into the house, mumbling some sort of greeting to Khaat before going in search of his brother who had fallen onto the couch.

Rob, amused by the situation at hand, helped Eli and the girls get the other lads into the house before turning his attention to Khaat. "Where are they? I don't..." He pursed his lips and looked over at the 'friends' his wife possessed. "Of course. They don't trust me." Scoffing quietly to himself, Rob leaned down and kissed Khaat on the cheek. "It's good to see you." He added with a smile.

Meanwhile, Eli threw Harry down into an armchair and helped Lorelei and Elisabeth deposit Georgio and Gustav on the floor. He then pried a bottle of Firewhisky out of the hands of Gustav and poured a glass (ah, the wonders of transfiguration) out for himself. The girls did the same and the three toasted before knocking back their shots. They shuddered and Elijah put the things down one of the tables.

"So where's Abbey and Dakota?" He asked, genuinely interested. "I haven't seen them in a while."
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:13 am

"Hello, Euan," Khaat laughed as he entered. When Finn declined the coffee that Jess had rather insisted they drink, Khaat was not surprised at his abruptness. Finn was harmless. Tactless at times, but that came from simple immaturity and not by anything intentional. Actually, without the firewhiskey, the twins could be a lot of fun.

But her heart lit up just by Rob's presence. Just like old times. Some things never changed. "Its good to see you too, " she told him softly. "I"m glad you're here. I think my friends will be okay. Just let them adjust. Its my fault I didn't tell them. I've had some things on my mind, I'm afraid. Just a second."

She crossed the room and said to Steven, "I'd like to borrow Abbey from you for a moment, please, Steven." She picked up her daughter and took her to Rob. "Here. I believe she' like to see you," Khaat said. Then she took Dakota from her father and took her over to Eli. "So how long has it been since you've seen Dakota, Eli? Its hard to imagine that she's going to be a year old in June. And Abbey's first birthday is less than a month away." She knew Eli knew he was more than welcome to hold either girl, but she didn't want to push them on him.

She noticed Angus had gone upstairs, and she already knew what he was up to. He was double checking the guest rooms to be sure that they met Khaat's very finicky specifications, to be sure they were truly ready for guests.

Kieran sauntered down and looked at the rather unruly wizarding mob who had arrived. He looked particularly at Rob as he held Abbey. "I'll explain later, Kieran," Khaat said. She had no interest in any unnecessary ribbing when it looked like most of her staff were about to have some sort of atomic meltdown because of the new guests.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:32 am

Steven watched khaat walk over and stood facing her he was not happy about the unanounces hord 0f drunken people that invaded this house. He looked at Khaat letting her know by his stoney look he was not a happy but he handed Abby over glancing at Brian as he did. Jack now clentched his teeth he didn't like any one talking to his wife like she was a servent which she was not, yet brian and khaat seem to let it slip by with out so much as a 'watch your langage around the children'. This he felt was not right and he looked at Brian.

Soon Jack moved out of the room to the balconey unable to stay in there any more. his hand clentched as he moved now knowing it was going to take all his resolve to not say or do something that would make him have to leave. Steven joined him and sighed feeling the fresh air but also knowing tenshions with the three of them was stretched to its limit . All knew that now they would have to try and ether bite there lip or stay away from the rabble. Rob had caused Khaat great pain and almost killed her yet she welcomed him back into her life ,this was something they could not understand.

Jess tried her best to not be annoyed but that young mans out burst made it difficult for her to do so, so she returned back to the kitchen she placed the tray down hard on the counter and breathed deeply. She wanted just to throw something but she knew beter than that and so sat down at the table.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:46 am

Brian was irked at the behavior of their employees. He excused himself quietly and went outside. "I'm just going to say this one time," he said softly to Steven and Jack. "I know you both care about Khaat and this probably looks awkward. I should not have to justify this but I will. Khaat loves both Rob and me. He knows it, and I know it. Its just the way it is. Khaat is the guardian to many children, and they do have relatives as well that are always welcome in our home. Always. We will never turn our back on a child. Thats not the way Robert and Kate and Remus raised us to be.

"Khaat's children are Rob's, but I raise them. And at the end of the day, he goes to his house and she comes home with me. If it is an issue, it really should be between the three of us, but we've managed to come together for the sake of the children and to do it in a civilized manner.

"I am sorry you don't like being treated like employees, but, in part, thats what you are. You are also our valued friends. If we treat you like employees it is because, at that moment, for whatever reason, we actually are shielding you! You might not always see what its from, but you know we don't generally treat you like anything other than friends except if we have to for appearances sake. So--you all have a choice. You can stay and deal with it, or if its too difficult, you may certainly choose a leave of absence. I will give each of you the same choice."

He turned, walked back into the house, repeated his words very quietly and gently for Jess so that they all had the same information, with the exception of Cassidy. He felt no need to wake her up for this. When he was finished, he came back in and rejoined the newcomers in the living room.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:16 am

Elijah hadn't been expecting a warm welcome exactly but he hadn't foreseen Khaat's friends just walking out. Suddenly, he felt rather awkward and looked about himself, unsure as to how to proceed. Finn and Euan had fallen asleep on each other, one cradled in the other's arms, both snoring quietly in harmony. It brought a small smile to his lips. A herd of angry Hippogriffs could storm through the house now and they wouldn't wake up.

Khaat presented Dakota to him and Elijah grinned, taking the little girl into his arms. He smiled at her and sat her on his hip. He tickled the skin underneath her chin and smiled wider when she giggled. Elijah popped a kiss on her forehead and looked at Khaat sheepishly.

"I don't know honestly. It's certainly been a while." He looked at Dakota and apologized before adding, "I hope you can forgive me, little miss." She babbled in her own little language and Elijah grinned, deciding to indulge her.

The girls meanwhile, were bored of the booze. Leaving a slumbering Harry, an indulgent Elijah and two snoring twins behind, they followed the woman into the kitchen.

"Do ignore the imbeciles." Lorelei said primly. "I shudder to think what would happen if one of them had gained a girlfriend."

"They do have girlfriends," Elisabeth replied, frowning.

Lorelei laughed. "Oh, heaven forbid." She flicked her hair over her shoulder and placed her dark gaze back on the woman. "We'd actually like to have some of that coffee previously offered. Or tea if you have any teabags."
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 48 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top