The Ties That Bind - Page 31
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ties That Bind - Page 31 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ties That Bind

Page 31 of 48 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 39 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ties That Bind - Page 31 Empty Re: The Ties That Bind

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:38 pm

Dakota saw Max start to stretch and walk across the floor and giggled and started to bounce in Brian's arms, trying to say "kitty". The best it would come out was "Ki...Ki...Ki..." Brian looked at her with utter surprise and delight.

"Kitty! Thats' right! Good girl!' He beamed. She continued to repeat her new word and tried to reach out for Max.

"Here we go!" Angus laughed.

"You want Max?" Brian looked at Dakota. He looked at Max and then called to him. "Max! Baby!" Max turned his head and was about to disregard Brian and walk off to explore his new surroundings, when Brian put Dakota on the floor to crawl and she laughed out loud and headed straight for Max, saying her new word nonstop. Robert laughed.

"Run, Max," Robert laughed.

"He wont' do that. He enjoys it as much as she does," Kate smiled. "Hello, Steven," she said. She hadn't forgotten. She said hello to all the others--including Kieran. She took the bag from Robert and put it on her own shoulder. "Where is our room?" she asked him.

"Upstairs, second bedroom on the right," Robert replied.

"Excuse me," Kate said, going upstairs.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:57 pm

Steven chuckled watching the others as they moved around kate and the babies he thought about his own two and grined " hope my two are like these two" he said " its too cute " he said sitting down with a glass of lemonade watching as kate walked off to her room he watched abby crawling around following max then diapear behind one of the couches " ok baby hunt is on " he said and chuckled as he looked over the couch and chuckled " erm... dosn sucking on the cats tail count as a problem?" he asked turning to look at Khaat and brian with a smirk " coz abbys on maxs" he said ad pointed down for them all to look . He looked at Khaat " good idea to bring them Khaat , they so brigten up the day " he said and chuckled as Max ran out his tail soggy .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:18 pm

"I don't thinkits an issue," Brian laughed. "'Kota might get fur in her mouth, but well, I'm sure thats not the first time that's happened. "

"Maybe she's thirsty," Khaat said. She went to the one bag that her mother had brought of shrunken baby supplies, found two sippy cups and put some water in it for the girls. She brought them and handed one to Abbey and one to Dakota. Both girls took the cups eagerly.

"I'm glad they're here too," Angus said. "Its like having part of the family missing without them here. I am so used to them being under my feet in the kitchen. I really did miss them. Speaking of kitchen, I have to get going on dinner. Jess, you still willing to help me? And Brian, i need you on the grill, Dude."

"I'm going."

"Can I help?" Robert asked.

"Sure!" Brian grinned. He liked nothing better than when the guys all found an excuse to gather together outside around the grill and talk without the women. "Steven? Jack? Kieran? You all coming? One of you needs to get us some sodas or something. I'll get the meat--whatever it is." He got up and followed angus into the kitchen. Angus pulled rack after rack of expertly trimmed ribs. He applied a dry rub to them and put them into a large stainless steel pan for Brian to take them outside with. He gathered up the grilling equipment for him, and sent him outside. "Barbequed Ribs," Brian grinned. "I can't wait."

"The sauce is ready when you are," Angus laughed. Brian went out and lit the gas grill onto a low heat, brushed the racks with olive oil and put the racks of ribs onto the grill, presentation side down. "If I'd known we were doing ribs, I'd have smoked them overnight," Brian said. "Well, thats' okay. I'll do some barbeque beef brisket and smoke it for us."

"That sounds incredible. I haven't had that since the last time I went to Memphis," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Steven chuckled and nodded as kate handed the girls there cups and he smiled . he heard Brian ask if he was going to go out side leaving the girls alone " sure , come on jack put her down for a bit and have some man time " he said and grined as jess pulled a tounge at him and then laughed at them . Steven moved out side to the balcony moving close to the grill " wow ribs, not had those since i left here about three years that rub smells great " he said and watched Angus as jack moved beside him watching.

"Ribs?" he asked and smelt the rub " wow, that a new one angus or an old rub smells like it has some kick " he said and sat dswn on the bench that sat on the balcony to wait and watch the sun set " can't help wonder about cassidy thought , strange woman " he said and shook his head slowly " ow well the break will do her good, ok angus whats in the rub or is it a secret" he asked and chuckled .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:50 pm

"Nobody ever tells the secret to the rub," Angus laughed. "I could tell you but then I"d have to obliviate you."

"Khaat figured it out," Brian pretended to whisper to Steven. "She can tell you."

"She'd better not! I'll turn her into one of those cheeky hats she likes to turn other people into," Angus said.

"Just make it a man's hat so I can take her with me everywhere I go," Brian said.

"Aw, geez. More mushy stuff? Really?" Angus pretended to be grossed out by it. Robert laughed.

"Brian, I am very very glad that Khaat is with you and that you two are so happy. I don't think I could be happier for either of you."

"Well, a year ago, I certainly didn't see this in my life. You do know that she has been making lists upon lists for weeks about their first easters and their first birthdays, don't you?"

"Oh of course," Robert laughed. "Kate did the same thing for Khaat. Every holiday we did the same thing. And we spend ridiculous amounts of cash that first year. We, well, Kate got more sensible after the first year, but the first year was utterly ridiculous. What I'm saying is that it wears off." He heard a slight noise and looked behind him and saw a tall container with barbeque sauce floating out towards them. Robert motioned to it and took it and set it down beside the grill on the table. he took a wee taste of the sauce on his finger. "Oh is that ever good!" he said. "The man is a genius. I never have figured out the recipe for the sauce, but its even better than the rub. I hope the women come up with some worthy side dishes."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:06 pm

Steven chuckled and nodded " yeah got to be a man hat " he said and laughted at the thought of brian wearing khaat around town. he heard jack sigh as Angus said he couldn't have the recipy but brian whispered to steven Khaat knew it and he chuckled winking to Jack who grinned. " Ow I hope so im starved afyter all that excerise " he said and looked at Jack with a chuckle as he saw a bottle of a sauce of some discription flaot out and land next to Angus " wow Robert surly knows whatt we need , think he could bring some beers " he chuckled " I know not on duty " he said and smiled knowing he'd only drink non alcaholic beer even if he did.

Jess moved to the kitchen and looked around " ok what to put with ribs " she said to her self " ow South Carolina Coleslaw that might work , or Boston Baked Beans maybe both " she said and set about making the two side dishes. After several minets she had the twqo dishes ready and headed out to the balconey " here we go hope there ok for you guys " she chuckled and showed Angus " do I pass?" she asked and chuckled .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:21 pm

"Yes. You do," Angus said. "And I've thrown together a huge skillet of cheesy hashbrown potatoes with sauteed onion." He showed her the gigantic cast iron skillet full of shreded potatoes with a creamy cheese sauce, sauteed sweet onion and a crispy top that he was removing from the oven. "Khaat likes it when I make these for breakfast, but they really are my favorite for putting with ribs. Wait til you taste."

Brian and Angus slathered the ribs repeatedly with sauce while they were cooking until they were dark and caramelized and completely glazed with the rich red tangy barbeque sauce. Angus checked them until he thought they were just exactly right and then he let Brian remove them and put them on the biggest serving platter that he was sure any of their friends had ever seen. Kate had made it especially to hold the 5 full racks of beef ribs that he had prepared. For small eaters, it might have served maybe 20 people, but he knew who he was feeding, so he made plenty. Besides that, if there were leftovers, he could pull the meat off and make barbeque beef sandwiches with the pulled beef.

"That is a true feast," Robert said, smiling. "I am so ready for this."

"Me too," Brian grinned.

"You hungry, Kieran?" Robert asked.

"Actually, yes," Kieran said, feeling a bit awkward still around them.

"Then, come on. Let's eat!"

Brian carried the platter in and set it on the table while Angus levitated his skillet full of potatoes in to the table. It looked great in the skillet just as it was. More authentic to the whole "eat with your fingers" attitude that ribs had.

"Can I help, Jess?" Khaat asked. She knew Jess better than that. Jess was always so well organized, but she at least wanted to ask.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:29 pm

Steven felt his stomach grumble at the smell of the ribs and smiled drinking his lemonade as he spoke again " god that smells wonderful " he walked back to the table following the ribs and sat down.

Jess looked at Khaat and nodded " yes thankl you khaat im kinda lost right now " she said not sure why she was " guess i miss my kids " she said looking at her as jack walked up to her and held her close to him " thanks jack but go sit your ribs will get cold " she said and watchedas he kised her and like a scholo boy sat down and started to eat his ribs the sauce ending up on his chin . Jess chuckled and shook her head at him , picking up a napkin she tossed it at him " wipe you chin cave man " she said adding a soft chuckle .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:43 pm

Kate and Robert picked up the girls. Robert removed doll house sized high chairs from the baby bag and restoree them to size and motioned them up to the table. He and Kate put them into the chairs and fixed plates for them. The girls were always good eaters, and tonight was no exception.

Khaat helped Jess get the food to the table and when everything was ready, she sat down and took a few ribs for herself and some of the sides. Everything was divine. Khaat glanced across the table. He had a rather shellshocked look on his face. He finally looked at Brian and Angus.

"Where did you two learn to cook?" he asked.

"I learned from Kate," Brian replied.

"I started cooking with my family," Angus said.

"You're too modest," Khaat said. "He's got one class to finish to get his executive leve chef certification. He needs to finish it."

"You certainly do," Kieran said. "Living here, I eat a lot of ribs, but they dont' even come close to this."

"Thank you," Angus said. "There is more than enough for everyone to eat their fill. Help yourself. Enjoy. Thats what its for. I have plans for dessert, but I'm afraid I have put absolutely no cooking into it at all."

"You don't have to," Khaat said.

"It'll be fun, though. I promise," he said.

"Well, now that does sound interesting," Khaat frowned.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:01 am

Steven ate his fill and sat back feeling filled and happy " ribs always hit the spot " he said and streatched out his arms " god i feel so tired now " he said partly yawn ing as he spoke " ow sorry guys guess the fresh air finally hit home " he said and chuckled " grub was great , why don't you finbish that course and get your qualifiacationbet you'd pass top of the class" he siad to Angus he saw Jack nodding next to him .

" yeah with food like this your a sure fire qualifier " he siad and licked his fingers as he picked up another rib dipping it in one of the sides he ahd put on his plate and eating it " not to say your cooling isn't good jess but ou don't ever make ribs like this " he said and saw her shake her head .

"Thats because i know it makes a mess and you'll eat them before they even get to the table " she said and chuckled as he ate hers with a knife and fork not her finge4rs but still she liked the flavor of the rub and sauce.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 48 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 39 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top