Yeah, you might not like this, but here's how it's gonna be. - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Yeah, you might not like this, but here's how it's gonna be. - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Yeah, you might not like this, but here's how it's gonna be.

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yeah, you might not like this, but here's how it's gonna be. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yeah, you might not like this, but here's how it's gonna be.

Post by Alan Wake Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:06 pm

In all honesty, Alan felt largely underwhelmed by the man he had, in a sense, created. Supposedly, one was meant to feel pride in their creations. Alan never understood such people, and almost certainly didn’t try to understand the mixture of feelings he felt when the same being ordered him around. Still, in light of the subject matter at hand, Alan was quite satisfied being able to deal with any confusion there and then.

”First of all, I will need to be particularly clear about this- our good friend Windsor’s body is a bit brittle, and cannot support his soul for extended periods of time. Hence, we cannot place him in harm’s way until I can stabilize the fusion. Therefore, I do not see the need for Headmaster Elldir to relinquish his position as Head of the Death Eaters. At this point, we will need to make clear that the Death Eaters are allying themselves with our friend, so as to serve by his side in the upcoming battles. At this time, we cannot act upon instinct. Each move that your group makes must be well-timed, and carefully planned. The Death Eaters once represented the majority of those who wished to rule the world through magic. But with the world in its current state, in a sense we already are. Our primary objective, therefore, would be establish Order across the Wizarding World, starting with its heart, the British Ministry of Magic. To achieve this, we request FULL cooperation from the Order of Death.”

Alan Wake
Alan Wake

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Yeah, you might not like this, but here's how it's gonna be. - Page 3 Empty Re: Yeah, you might not like this, but here's how it's gonna be.

Post by Gellert Grindelwald Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:33 am

Henry nodded, Alan had helped refine the plan a great deal. It was an old plan, one that had been thought up while he'd still been "Learning" at Durmstrang. It had quickly been discarded once the option of brute force became much more viable, but one that was slightly more... subtle, was something he now realised could work far more effectively than an all out war.

Of course, things had changed greatly since that childhood, and that was where Alan had come in. After satiating Gellert's need of a body, he'd explained his plan to the man. At first, he had been incredibly reluctant. How could he trust a man who knew the key to bringing him to life, and thus, presumably knew how to quell it. However soon he'd established that Alan, though very odd in his decisions, and mannerisms, was trustworthy, and a worthy person to help plan.

He'd gathered, with relative ease, that the current Ministry, though well intentioned, was ineffective, not due to the various enemies of peace, but more due to the soft attitude, the chivalrous outlook of the minister and his associates. The public was happy, this much was true, but they could be happier, and Gellert was interested in exploiting this fact.

"Of course, Mr Elldir, you surely recognise my need for.... subtlety, at this current time, so you'll appreciate that we will not be launching into full scale action just yet. We do, however, have a plan, as Mr Wake here has explained to you. All I need to know, right now, is whether or not you can guarantee the full support, both physically and psychologically, of your people. If this can be done, than our two groups can work together. Not openly, of course, the public need not know anything about myself, or my people. But if we can combine forces, sometime in the near future, it will reap benefits for yourself, and your people." he told him.

It was a lot to take in, he knew, but time was of the essence here, all it would take was a sudden and decisive ruling from the ministry, and they may gain the support of the public they so desperately needed. Or, the tentative hold on slight power that the "Death Eaters" held could slip from their leaders grasp, Gellert was not blind, he knew that this group, this faction had seen better days.

"So," he said, walking back over to the fireplace, and looking into it. "What do you say?" he asked.
Gellert Grindelwald
Gellert Grindelwald

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:16 pm

Thaor watched with interest. However, his mind caught on one simple sentence. Relinquish his position as Head of the Death Eaters Thaor's eyes widened at this, and he was a little distraught after this. He listened to the rest of the plan, and began to count the wands in the room. Sandra, once leader of the Death Eaters, no doubt was quick with the drawl. Alan, was a great alchemist, but was he a good dueler? There was no doubt that Thaor could get to Henry, but do so and make it out alive? Probably not.

Thaor replied to the group, not looking at anyone in particular, but the group at large. This is something I am not willing to comment on at the present time. If you'll all excuse me, I must resign myself from this conversation. Thaor said as he turned away from the group and headed for the front doors.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Gellert Grindelwald Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:26 am

Henry frowned as he noticed the man's reaction to what Alan had said, around the point of the leadership of the Death Eaters being brought into question. He watched as his eyes darted around the room, a sure sign of someone who was thinking, hard, and who was weighing his options. In particular, he saw his eyes shoot to Sandra, and something clicked in his mind, though he wasn't sure that he'd drawn the right conclusion.

Of course Alan's wording had been slightly confrontational, Gellert himself had been... interested... when he'd said certain sections of his speech. It seemed slightly pre-prepared, he had not failed to notice this, and it seemed as though it had the purpose of intimidating Elldir. Some of it, he also noticed, was not the sort of thing he would have said to describe their campaign, not at all. However, sometimes, in fact in almost all times, the ends justified the means.

When Thaor stood to leave though, Gellert felt his control of the situation in the room rapidly deteriorating. Before Thaor could make it out of the room, he flicked his wand and closed the doors, before almost immediately beginning to speak. "I believe, and you may correct me If I am wrong, but I believe that you may have misinterpreted what my associate here said." He said firmly, but in a very open and genuine manner. "I believe, if i read you correctly, that you fear loss of power of the Death Eaters. This, however, is a concern which should be far from your mind, at least in regards to my colleagues and I, I cannot, of course, speak for everyone you deal with." He said, shrugging a little as he spoke the truth. "No, quite the opposite, we're keen to grant you everything that you, and your Death Eaters want." he told him, hoping that this snagged the man's support.

"Do I have your attention now?" He asked, cautiously optimistic that he may have struck the cord he needed to guarantee the man's support.
Gellert Grindelwald
Gellert Grindelwald

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:25 am

Thaor turned around as the front doors slammed shut, his hand gripping the wand in his pocket. His eyes came to rest on Henry. With a faint smile Thaor replied, You do have my attention, and you have my full support under one condition. Make an unbreakable vow saying that I will not unwillingly lose the leadership of the death eaters .

Thaor walked to an armchair and sat down, deep in thought.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Gellert Grindelwald Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:02 am

Henry nodded, it was a fair, smart call, he had to admit, the kind of card-up-a-sleeve trick he himself would play. If he weren't being a slight thorn in his side at current, Henry would like the man. Who knew, he still might in times to come. With a thoughtful look, and a slight smile on his face, he shook his head, confidently denying the man what he wanted, or so was implied.

With a smile he spoke, "I agree, in essence, but you were a little... vague, forgive me, in your phrasing. I will swear and unbreakable vow to not through any way conspire, plot, or act to remove you from the leadership of the Death Eaters," he told Thaor, turning to face him. "I will do nothing of any sort to endanger your position, and my people wont either, but I cannot guarantee the upon the actions of those who are unrelated to me in any way, surely you can understand this." he said.

Not waiting for an answer, as he was certain that Thaor would agree, Gellert crossed the room and stood in front of the armchair Thaor sat in, stretching his right arm out. "Do you agree?" He asked, before signalling for either Sandra or Alan to come and seal the bond, should Thaor make such an agreement.
Gellert Grindelwald
Gellert Grindelwald

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:05 am

Thaor stood as Henry approached him. I agree, you shall not do anything of any sort to endanger my position, nor will your people. I do understand you can not speak for people you don't control. Thaor said as he extended his right arm, waiting for Sandra or Alan to make the unbreakable vow.

Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:51 pm

((Not sure when they'll reply, but so you know, after this meeting we will announce... our friend in a DE meeting and we'll reveal the plot the the DEs. So you may want to figure out wording and mood setting for the announcement when you get around to it, now. Just letting you know.))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Wake Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:01 pm

"I do not make promises I cannot keep. Threaten our plans, and I will judge you to be a threat to the goals we strive to achieve. I cannot offer you anything of worth to myself as collateral. I suggest you simply trust me, if only this once." Alan Wake's eyes flashed with annoyance at the man's attempts to solidify his position of power. Alan, of course, had no intention of taking over the Death Eaters. There were better leaders and even better pawns to play the role of the puppet master. Let the fools unite under their unified hate and distrust. Alan Wake passed by the man who had extended his hand so desperately, aiming for the door. He did not even bother with disapparation. The Journey, after all, was the part to savor most.
Alan Wake
Alan Wake

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Archer Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:29 pm

While the men deliberated, both Sandra and the whisky were left to stew. She was overly comfortable in the Death Eater head-quarters and even if she wasn’t internally, that certainly didn’t show on her face. With one leg thrown over the other, her back resting comfortably against the plush pillows that lay in the chair, Sandra was the picture of calm. Her emotions were perfectly collected and her true thoughts were masked perfectly by a look of indifference and a fell placed wall of Occlumency. Content was what she was. She’d done her bit, now it was the turn of the men that stood before her, idly filling the silence with their own supposedly important jabber.

When the Unbreakable Vow was mentioned, Sandra sat up a little bit, moving her arm and placing the glass of whisky down on the table beside her chair.

Then of course, Alan walked out.

Sandra pursed her lips and put her hands on the arm rests. She pushed herself up out of her seat in one fluid motion, taking her wand from her pocket at the same time. Sandra pointed her wand at the two men and quirked an eyebrow at them, a self-satisfied little smile appearing on her lips. She turned her attention to Grindlewald Henry and asked,

“Do you, Henry Windsor, agree not to plot, conspire or act in any way to uproot Thaor Elldir from the leadership of the Death Eaters?” She then turned her eyes to Thaor, “And do you, Thaor Elldir, agree to pledge the aid of the Death eaters in this campaign? And do you two agree to honour this agreement?”

It was a yes or no question but really, there was only one answer.
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top