Playtime!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Playtime! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Playtime!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playtime! Empty Playtime!

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:02 pm

When Doyle found out about this...Elijah was going to get an eternity of detentions. There was nothing necessarily wrong with Elijah’s plan, and yes it probably would include a few broken bones, but it would be fun – he was sure of it. He could have picked a better season to do it but warming spells placed on the lake would do something to keep them all from catching their death. He’d also put his transfiguration skills to use and transfigured a few rock groupings into towers that they could jump from. Diving boards were at different levels were in one tower and a bungee set up was in the other. There were a few boats on the bank of the lake just in case and there was even some scuba gear hanging around for those that didn’t know the bubble-head charm.

It was Saturday; a day of fun. Picnic baskets full to the brim with food were by the boats, ready to be opened around midday. Elijah was bouncing up and down, an impish smile on his face, as he waited impatiently for people to turn up. He hadn’t exactly sent out invitations or anything. People always went out into the grounds and if someone was to look outside, two towers were bound to get their attention. “C’mon you silly lot,” he murmured to himself, the grin still plastered across his face. “I want to play!” He exclaimed.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Playtime! Empty Re: Playtime!

Post by Samuel Grigori Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Sam arrived at the top of the tower as soon as he heard what was planned.

Well no, not as soon as he heard that, but shortly after, one must have one's breakfast every day, or risk being hungry.

Anyway, Sam arrived at the top of the tower to find Eli standing up there, alone. "Hey," he said, smiling, "I'm Sam, I don't think we've met," he said, of course he knew who Eli was, but they'd never spoken before, "Not properly anyway," he added.

"So, i hear that something fun's been planned, care to elaborate?" he asked
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Brienne had been passing by, something big was going to happen but she wasn't sure what. She had cards in her hands, ones from a certain famous series (Pokemon), and looked them over. She'd gotten these packs fresh, and she had gotten lucky. Several of the cards were ones she liked, and some were even shiny or ultra rare ones. Even the half of the Shiny Lugia Legend card was fascinating to her. It seemed to shimmer in even the dullest of light. She was hoping to eventually save up for the Japanese cards that were in the same store, ones of the older Pokemon. There was one that she could faintly remember wanting the most.

She approached whom she recognized as Eli and Samuel. "What's going on here? Seems exciting". She counted her cards, twenty in total. Daniel had gotten some cards, too, but didn't care to tell what they were, as if they were somehow unlucky. Or, in case Brienne wanted to trade one of her spare Jynx cards. He knew she had a spare Jynx card that was the same as another she had.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Elijah was half-worried that no one was going to show up but then a Gryffindor popped up from seemingly nowhere. Sam was his name. Elijah grinned widely at Sam and shook his hand enthusiastically. “I’m Eli,” he introduced himself before looking around at the towers. “What’s to explain?” he laughed, “We’re just here to have fun! Or at least until Doyle decides to crash the party. He won’t see it coming though. He’ll be too busy playing chess with himself or something,” Elijah laughed again and gestured to the towers. “Diving or bungee first?” he asked.

Elijah spotted Brienne and he grinned at her over Sam’s shoulder. He bounced over to her and placed a kiss on her cheek. “Hello gorgeous!” He greeted her, “Come to join the fun?” He asked, gesturing to the towers. “I think even the Squid is looking forward to it. Fifty galleons for the first one brave enough to bungee jump. It goes right into the lake!”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:09 pm

Andrew was always in for a bit of fun. And he was feeling a bit rebellious. He'd heard about the winter trip to the lake, and it made him laugh. He'd stuffed his backpack full of all sorts of nonsense and ran off to the lake to join in.

He laughed out loud to see that Eli was, of course, at the root of it all. It was so typical. And, of course, Sam was there. And Brienne.

"Hey, All," he laughed. "Looks like fun. Great idea, Eli! So, are we going swimming or are we waiting for something?" He left his outer clothes laying on the dock with his backpack and headed, in his swimming trunks, through the winter air, giving out a shriek and diving into the lake with a huge splash.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Brienne smiled, a grin plastered on her face "Well, sweet thing, I was gonna show off my new cards...but now that you mention it I'll join in. Bungee jump? Fifty galleons! In a flash, in a moment of stupidity and bravery, Brienne raised her hand. "Ooh ooh I'll go!" The kiss on the cheek had numbed her brain enough that she'd agree to something so dangerous. She felt her grin grow wider, realization not hitting her right away. However, when it did, it was a bit late to say anything. She was climbing up, further and further until she was at the top, strapping herself for the thrill. She hesitated, but thought of Daniel. She went for it.

The feeling of air racing past her was a thrill in and of itself, as well she could feel the cool air coming off the lake in a seabreeze like way. She was still gripping her Pokemon cards in one hand. She placed them in the pouch as she howled from the excitement. She felt the crash of the water against her. She hadn't bothered shedding her clothes.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:18 pm

Cecilia had heard that something fun was going to happen out by the lake and decided to go by. When she got to the lake she saw her brother standing on a big tower of rocks. "Elijah? What the heck are you doing?" she asked an odd smile on her face. it did look like fun. she was wearing her swim suit under her clothes. trying to figure out why people would go swimming in the middle of winter. "You have some strange ideas!" she laid her knapsack down and climbed up onto the tower to stand next to the others up there.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:04 pm

People were whizzing around Elijah and he was lapping up the excitement. Andrew had gone straight for the lake, making the Slytherin laugh and he’d moved to join him as Brienne bravely took up Elijah’s fifty-galleon bet. Elijah tugged his shirt over his head and tossed it over onto the rocks. He let his hands drop into the water and waded through it. He sank into the water when he reached Andrew and smiled, splashing water at the second-year Gryffindor. He watched as Brienne threw herself out of the tower, attached to the bungee, and Elijah dissolved into a fit of laughter when she hit the water. He let himself fall onto his back as he laughed and wetted his hair in the warm water.

Cecilia’s voice made Elijah straighten up and he looked over to see her racing up into the tower. Elijah grinned and swam leisurely over to the middle of the lake. “I might have some strange ideas but at least I follow through!” He shouted up to her. “So are you going to jump off or what?” He asked. “I’ll make sure you don’t drown! Promise!” Elijah looked over at Andrew and pointed to one of the bags on the beach. “If you go in there, you’ll find some beach balls and some inflatables. Knock yourself out!”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:18 pm

"I don't need you to keep my head above water." Cecilia said stepping out of the jeans she had been wearing and took of her sweeter before jumping in. she swam over to her brother and pushed him under water. "your going to be in so much trouble for this." she said then swam away. turning over to float on her back once she though she was a safe distance away from her brother. "Doyle may wonder what you where thinking because of the squid. though she kind of liked the idea of swimming with the huge creature.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:34 pm

Andrew scrambled back up to the shore and raided the bag for a beachball. It was clearly one bought in Diagon Alley because as soon as he opened the plastic bag it was in, the ball inflated on its own. He threw it into the air and smacked it so it landed in the lake. He opened some of the other balls and sent them into the lake as well. Well, More toys was always good. More was, well, more.

"You think of everything!" Andrew laughed. "Awesome!" He cast a bubblhead charm and decided to go diving to see if all that legend said was there when Harry Potter participated in the Triwizard here was, at least in part, still here.

He dove deeply, wanting to see what magical creatures the lake held.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum