Trying to find Quiet - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Trying to find Quiet - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Trying to find Quiet

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trying to find Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Trying to find Quiet

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:16 pm

Andrew listened with interest as she began to explain her story, absorbing the details she gave. It seemed like she was still affected by the events...even thinking that seemed very obvious to Andrew. He was trying to think of what to say, to the point where he didn't even notice her leaning on him. "Well," he said in a friendly tone "you're never too young to get justice. Just get yourself a lawyer and he/she can represent you." Although, this wasn't America where everyone had a right to a free attorney. "Well I'm sure we'll think of something," he added.

Andrew looked back at Aurora and one question popped into his head. "Do you have any place to stay?" he asked, wondering if she had a place to go when she would leave Hogwarts for the holidays...but that probably already happened. "I can always help try to find you a place or something." That was Andrew for ya, always generous always looking to benefit mankind.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:42 pm

"It wouldnt be right... It wasnt the mans fault.." Aurora said not smiling any longer. "It was my fault for being in the street in the first place. " Aurora shivered a bit as she began to curl up. It wasnt as though she could afford a lawyer. She was a 12 year old girl who became homeless because she hated both of her caretakers for the rest of the time.

"No.. I actually dont have a place to stay." Aurora said looking at the ground. She was still leaning against him a little yet she wasnt that happy. "I will probably find a place but... If I dont I will give you a call." She was surprised how generous yet she wasnt so happy about the fact that things were terrible. "You really dont have to though.. Its my buisness ot figure it out.."
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Andrew knew that was probably the right idea, since trying to sue them would probably end up with them losing. Yet who knows? She might've won the case and everything would be better. But that was wishful thinking on her benefit. "I guess you have a point," he said calmly, wondering if he should've been agreeing with her or not. Yet that was all ancient history now, so it would just be best to move on he figured. "What did the man do after he hit you however? Did he at least apologize or something?"

When she said that she had no place to stay, Andrew raised an eyebrow. She was all alone? "I could always help you find a place to stay y'know," he pointed out "I do have some connections in New York...hopefully at least." He had once owned a very large apartment in New York, basically his home since his mom and dad were living by themselves out in Ohio. It was a very nice place to stay, but got evicted soon afterwards. Now he had a new place to stay and he was planning to make it last as long as he could.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:56 am

"I wouldnt know what the man did after I got hit... Everything was black for either minutes or hours. I dont remember anything upto the time I woke up. My god brother doesnt know either. He didnt get there til I was in some pub getting help from a bar tender instead of in the hospital." Aurora said looking at him. "the hardest thing on me is that I dont have real family. Thats why I dont have a place to stay anymore. I ran from my godparents to live with my god brother.. Then i decided to live with a friend. Now i told him I wouldnt live with him so thats why I dont have a place to stay." Aurora looked back at her feet as tears began to fall.

"where is New York?" Aurora asked in an odd voice. "If its too far out of country then I dunno if It would be a good idea for me to go there." She said trying to hide the fact that she was crying. in a few days It would be exactly 11 years since her mom and died were killed. that was why she was so upset. Because she couldnt remember her family. Or what it was even like to have a family. She wished she knew where her parents had used to live. Maybe she could pack up some food and live in the ruins in hiding over the summer. She might as well do that than sit in some random strangers home all the time.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:17 pm

Andrew looked back at Aurora after hearing her explanation, noticing that she had tears beginning to fall. "Hey come on," he said calmly, trying to keep her from crying "things will be better, you just have to wait." But that did sound like it could affect anybody if they had to go through it. He was just wondering how she was able to cope with all of this for so long. Perhaps she was just hardened by all the experience, Andrew couldn't really tell at this point. "Believe me," he said quietly "you just have to find that...ah blast what did they call it...um...oh silver lining! That's right."

"New York is on the Eastern part of the United States," he stated "it's not a bad place to stay for the moment and it's right next to the ocean...just don't swim in it." Even though the place could keep you up all night, it wasn't hard to find things. 20,000 taxis at once, some kind of restaurant at every block, and enough police to make anybody walking out of line worried. Wasn't the best, but it was better than nothing.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Aurora put her face into her hands crying silently. She didnt want to cry yet she did. This was the first time she had cried since the fight with her exbrother's wife. "s.sometimes.. I wish that.. That I was... Never born. Never a wizard. it...its my fault my parents were killed..." She said as she tried to stop crying. "Nothing will ever get better. People will try using me. either because I can read minds without meaning to. Or because I have visions. Everone will treat me like a baby doll or something.. nothing will ever become better." she whispered as she began to hug her knees and rock back and forth.

"I...I think i might.. that I might... Go to my old home.. the ruins of it from the fire... and live there for the next summer. B..But im not sure yet." Aurora said still rocking back and forth. "It might be a good thing... To do.... To go... To go see where i... where I was born... And.... See whats left of it... Maybe g..go the the erm. The jail that the murder is in to learn if he is alive. To go there.. Just to learn everything. why he would do something.... Something that terrible to a little girl." She spoke slowly and stumbled often.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:46 pm

The first reaction that came to Andrew's head when Aurora was crying softly was to put his arm around her. "Hey come on..." he consoled, trying to get her to stop crying "so things may be bad now, but who's to say they won't get better? There must be some positive things you can possibly think of. Y'know." Now she was crying and Andrew couldn't do anything to help her stop. In a way, he felt kind of powerless letting a friend cry like that. He wished that he could say something or do something to help her feel better. He knew he would feel guilty later if he did not.

"Well if you head back there," he said softly "at least have some people try and help you fix up the house. I mean, you can't live in ruins. And I think you might want to talk to the murderer, but just be careful. That person could try and trick you or something...might want you to do horrible things for him or something like that. I've seen it happen before." Another sting was felt inside Andrew, knowing full well that he brought up another painful memory.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:18 pm

"Its that nothing is right no more." She said as soon as she couldnt cry any longer. "I dont think anything can get any better than how they are now... I bettcha everything will get even worse." She was ready to just leave school and never come back. "Im a twelve year old homeless orphan.. How can anything get better than that? No one would want to have to take care of a girl who can read minds and have visions and flashbacks because of the fact that to them that is way to much to deal with." Aurora looked at her barefeet thinking. "I want to ask a professor for help on what I should do but I keep thinking everything will be back to ' Go back to your god parents' There isnt a way for me to live a normal life ever."

"I dont know anyone who would do that unless they get paid. And I only have the money to get maybe 3 or 4 weeks of food. And thats just with the muggle money i get for allowance that I saved up. I dont get what i inherited from my parents until im 18 to where i dont get thousands of dollars when I need them the most." She hugged him tight for a few seconds. "Your a great friend though, Thanks for the help." She smiled slightly as she said that.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:11 am

Andrew listened, a blank expression on his face. He continued to listen to her, but couldn't help but think that she was being to pessimistic about the situation she was in. Andrew couldn't complain, so he wouldn't. Still he wondered of what he should do about this situation. He had no clue, but he would hope things would work out for the better later on. "Well," he said shrugging his shoulder "if you need a place to stay, you can always call me or whatever." He wondered how that would work out though.

Andrew looked back at Aurora and asked calmly "Will you be alright though? This has to be really affecting." Of course that was an obvious things to say, but what else could he say? He had said everything he needed to say, and all that was left was just small talk. Maybe small talk was better, to try and change the subject before it got worse.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:16 pm

"Yeah... I guess." She said hoping to get off of the subject as soon as possible. He was actually the first one she had told about her getting hit. At least the first student. Aurora was pretty sure all the teachers wouldve known by now. "Just please... Please please please.. Dont tell anyone about this.. I fell that this shouldnt be between anyone but me you the people whp were around and the professors unless I myself choose to tell someone because I feel they need to know about it." Aurora whispered hoping he would promise.

Aurora was thinking for a bit when he asked her if she would be alight. "Me?" She asked smiling slightly. She loved to joke even though she was depressing. "Yea I will be alright.. I just need... to be with my real family.. But.. That wont happen for years to come." Aurora said as she looked at the ground for a bit. She was trying to think of a way to change the subject. "Do you have any pets? Ive only ever had an owl and that was because I wasnt living with my god parents so my brother got it for me." That was her way of changing the subect. It was a good way to.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top