Sand and Snow - Page 38
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 38 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 38 of 98 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 68 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 38 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:21 am

"Dig in," Robert told Cassidy. "Get in and get at it. There shouldn't be any shortage of pieces with 5000 pieces."

"I'll get some snacks. I made some and I picked up some at Sparks," Angus said. He went into the kitchen and brought back in bottles of soda for everyone, a large bowl of salted popcorn, and a large cheesecake, along with plates and bowls and glasses and silverware following him.

Robert talked Khaat into a slice of cheesecake and a soda and got her to join in at the table. Robert sat down on one side of her, and Brian sat down on the other. Robert put on his reading glasses and helped himself to a soda and put some popcorn into a smaller bowl for himself. He looked over the pieces and took out a handful and began to fiddle with them.

"Come on, Khaat. If you let me win, that means I break your winning streak," Robert said.

"You haven't even put in the first piece," Khaat said. "Don't be declaring victory yet."

"Khaat's defeated Robert every time they've done a puzzle," Brian said, laughing. "Every single time. He hasn't won once."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:41 am

Cassidy smiled and opened the box letting the pieces land on the table in front of her and began finding the corners like a kid with a new toy , she looked up and smiled at them and Steven , she chuckled at Khaat and Brian "that so? " she asked looking at him " how many have you won?" she asked finding the first two pieces and fitting them together the ring Steven gave her catching the light as she moved.

For now Steven sat back watching them smiling at Cassidy's enthusiasm for the puzzle he smiled broader seeing the ring still on her finger that he'd given her, it was more a commitment ring than an engagement ring as she knew he was still getting over Ronata but he was happy she still wore it.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:00 am

"Ten," Robert said, with phony resentment in his voice.

"Twelve," Khaat corrected him.

"No way," Robert frowned.

"It is twelve," Kate laughed. "And you know it. Khaat is just faster at it than you are."

"Are you saying I'm old?" he asked.

"I wouldn't do that, Dear," Kate said, assembling a corner by putting four pieces together and shoving the pieces to where she thought they might approximately end up.

Khaat hadn't said anything, but she had been magically flicking pieces in and out of the pile of puzzle pieces with her finger. They'd been flipping into the pile and others flipping out. She'd been working on assembling several pieces together. It had given her something to concentrate on and she had been working intently.

Brian looked over at her and the pieces she had put together. "Wait. No fair. How many is that? Six?"

"Eight," Khaat said softly, and then looking she put another into place. "Nine," she corrected.

"Oh, damn. I'm screwed at this," Brian laughed. He heard Abbey let out a cry. He instantly bounced up and went to look for her. Max came out from behind the sofa and walked over behind a chair with a purposeful stride. Out of curiosity, Brian followed. "Nice work, Max," Brian said, petting him. It took him a moment but he got Abbey out. She was tearful and clinging to Brian, cuddling into his chest.

"Is she alright?" Khaat asked.

"Yep. She just got back there and didn't know how to get back out again. She's fine. It just scared her," Brian smiled. He sat back down at the table.

"Should I take her?" Khaat asked.

"If you want," Brian said. "But she's fine. Put your pieces into place first, Baby."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:21 am

Cassidy smiled then chuckled " she beat you twelve times wow " she said and placed her third piece in place "ha three " she said and looked at Steven "come on Ste, its fun " she said and grinned at him "maybe we should do this together some time" she said and grinned at him.

Steven saw the sparkle in Cassidy's eyes as she pieced the puzzle together and he sat forward and placed four together chuckling "told you i'd done this before" he said wrapping his arm around her and pulling her to him he picked up yet another "that makes four , guess i win " he said to Cassidy with a grin.

Cassidy lent into him smiling as she looked for another piece, when he said he had four she sat open mouthed "no fare and the puzzles not complete yet " she said smiling as she searched for more , she paused only slightly when Brian stood up at the cry of Abbey but smiled a little as she was picked up.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:00 am

The play went around the table a number of times, and Abbey managed to start to, unusually, kick up a fuss. She was reaching for Khaat and starting to sound quite angry with Brian because she wasnt getting what she wanted. Khaat reached out to take her, and Abbey cuddled right into her.

"She's a mama's girl," Brian smiled. "She likes all of us well enough, but she's a mama's girl. She doesn't respond to anybody like she does to you."

"You think?" Khaat asked.

"Oh, I'm sure," He smiled. "I see how her face lights up every time she sees your face. Khaat, she needs her mama. Whatever else life has dealt you, we have to just work together and walk it out. If for no other reason than for Abbey. Abbey is worth everything. Like Remus thought we were worth everything."

That brought Khaat back a bit to her senses. Remus believed enough in her and loved her and children enough that he was willing to walk right into his own death, when it came right down to it. And he had believed it was worth it. Khaat's own feelings for Abbey were no different. It had been Abbey and thoughts of her than had kept her alive and sane. It had kept her here, against all feasible odds. Abbey and Eli. They had been the reasons she had fought to come back when dying would have been easier.

Her father reached out and took her hand. "Its alright to have something to believe in, Khaat," he asid to her softly. "Its why we do what we do. Its why we fight, why we live, and sometimes why we die. Its not your time yet. Its your time to live. To raise your children, to laugh, to enjoy life. And, for right now, its perfectly okay to do it for her."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:27 am

Cassidy looked at them and smiled taking Stevens hand in her own as she watched Khaat holding Abbey it almost made her think about having her own but she also knew it was too soon for her , way too soon she wanted to enjoy being with Steven first she also knew that some times it doesn't work out so she was waiting to see if it would then she would think on it.

Steven held Cassidy closer he felt he wanted to hold her and stay with her but he had done the same with Ronata and now felt he was slipping back into his old ways. He shook his head he knew Cassidy would not let him she was different so far she was in control and not letting him move fast. He chuckled at finding another piece of the puzzle "you'd better hurry up Cassie" he said
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:40 am

Khaat watched each of her parents put pieces of the puzzle in place and Angus. Angus put in only one. She looked at him frowning.

"Hey, its all I could find," he shrugged. "i'm not so good at jigsaws, okay?"

"All the more pieces for me," Khaat said. Abbey picked up a puzzle piece and decided it was a good thing to put in her mouth--or try to. "Hey, Missy. Not for eating, Get that out of your mouth."

"You're quick," Robert laughed. "That's a good thing."

"I'll get her a cookie," Angus laughed. "I'm stuck with this thing anyway." He disappeared into the kitchen. He came back in with Dakota in his arms and two cookies in his other hand. "I refuse to tell you where I found her."

"You'll tell me if it was someplace dangerous," Brian frowned.

"Uh. no. Not dangerous. Max had his idea about taking care of her. Seems they got the munchies. He took her to the kitchen--to the kibble bowl."

"Oh no," Khaat sighed.

"Well, we know one thing. She likes kibbles," Angus laughed. Khaat groaned.

"How many did she get?"

"Only maybe one or two," Angus said.

"It won't hurt her. Don't you buy those all natural, gourmet, expensive things anyway?"" Robert asked.

"Yeah, but..." Khaat began.

"Then its probably a hell of a lot healthier than those muggle cookies she likes," Robert replied.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:59 am

Cassidy chuckled at Dakota in the kibble bowl "ow I know some one else who did that" she said and looked sheepish at them all , she heard Steven chuckle beside her "hey when you her age you don't care what you eat as long as it fun to play with " she said smiling at Dakota "though cookies taste better " she said slipping from Steven " now i'm hungry got any more ?" she said and headed for the kitchen to see if she could fine one or two for herself , returning with a coffee and a cookie and sat back down at the table "ok now I am set." she grinned.

Steven watched as Angus brought Dakota out had he chuckled at what she was up to remembered when john was smaller and how they had hunted for him only to find him curled up under the porch with one of the dogs. He looked at Cassie when she said she knew some one else who hand eaten kibble as a small child and chuckled knowing she meant herself , he felt her pull from him and go to the kitchen returning with a coffee and a cookie , he shook his head " you and your sweet tooth " he said softly as he shook his head.

Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Khaat was surprised that they actually sat and put together the puzzle. They worked until it was almost 3 in the morning. But the puzzle was completed. Brian had taken the babies upstairs and put them to bed hours ago. By then, everyone was looking tired, but it was coming down to principle and no one wanted to stop before it was done.

No one seemed to win or lose. It seemed to simply be a lot of good fun. Khaat was glad for the diversion. It had been just what she needed. It had made her think. No matter what ever had befallen the Lupins, they had still had family and fun and laughter. And that had been missing lately.

She looked at the finished puzzle and yawned. "Why don't you go to bed?" Brian asked her. "You need the rest."

"I am tired," she admitted.

"Then go ahead, dear," Robert said.

"Maybe I will. Goodnight, All," she rose. They bid her goodnight, and she apparated upstairs to bed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:08 pm

Steven felt cassidy rest heavy against him and knew she was falling asleep on him standing he pulled her with him "ok time Cassidy was asleep too " he said feeling her protest but yawn as she in front of him "I want no complaints bed and now" he said .

Cassidy felt Steven move to stand he gently pulled her with him and she stood to face him "I'm not ..."she yawned" tired" she said and heard him order her to bed " you coming too ?" she asked with a smirk taking Stevens hand in her own. sighing she knew he was right she could barely keep her eyes open .

"come on sleepy" he said wrapping his arm around her waist he guided her up the stairs to her room , pausing at her door he smiled "Sorry cassidy this is a far as I go for now" he said seeing the look on her face and smiled leaning down he kissed her her arms around him felt like heaven but for now till he was for sure it would end at the door .

Cassidy sighed deepening her kiss but she his thinking and was happy just to kiss at the door "well night Steven I hope tomorrow will not be as eventful" she said and turned to walk into the room.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 98 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 68 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top