Lesson One (NEWT & BASIC) - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson One (NEWT & BASIC) - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson One (NEWT & BASIC)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson One (NEWT & BASIC) - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson One (NEWT & BASIC)

Post by Louis Weasley1 Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:31 pm

Louis walked into the room. He saw Lucy and Angelique. He recognized Lucy because she was his cousin and Angelique was in his Alchemy class.

Dark arts. The most dumbest subject of all. Would he make a Horcrux. He didnt get Dark arts. He didnt wanna be there. Thought he took the class. WHAT THE HELL! He had his wand in his pocket and a book. He sat down. He didnt wanna wear his robes. He'd rather go outside to play Quidditch.
Louis Weasley1
Louis Weasley1
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 490

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:12 am

"Actually the riddle was just for fun. And you got the answer right." he said. "Odd...took me a while to figure it out." he joked. He looked at Angelique, "I don't see the mistake. Also, please keep corrections to yourself. False or true." he told her. He watched as the class began to fill more and more. As soon as there was a decent amount in the class he cleared his throat.

"Hello Class, I am Professor Kenelm," he told them all loudly. "You can reffer to me as simple sir or Professor; Kenelm is not necessary." He began to eye all of them. "Now, if you are not prepared for the hardest class you will face this year, or believe that you are a slacker of sorts. Then please, leave now. If you are a slacker and do not leave, you will be punished." he said to everyone; eyeing Louis.

"I don't have many rules in this class. You are not to cheat, you are not to fall asleep, you are not to bully other students, and you are not to bring food, drinks, or any animal into this classroom." he told them. "If you break any of these rules, punishments will be severe." he said. "Now, who is ready to begin?" he asked them retorically. "First off though. Where did your last professor leave off."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:49 am

"The Immobulus charm, Sir," James stated in his usual clear tones, eyes switching straight to the professor. Even in the balanced lighting of the glasses, James could detect a certain... darkness from the Professor. No matter. Not every teacher in Hogwarts was a Paragon of justice. James noted the Imobulus charm as a starting point of his notes. He wondered if the teacher would force the class to start over once again from the very beginning of the core subject.

This, of course, would not have bothered James. It would, in fact, lead to less effort on his part to recall and memorize the spells he had already been taught. He could not say that he had been well-versed in the Dark Arts, but he was familiar with the course-work. This, of course, lead to more time to crack down and patrol the corridors of Hogwarts. All-in-all, it was a win-win situation for James Wake.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:43 pm

"Really, that's all she was teaching you? And these are all the people who see fit to answer?" he said sadly and surprised. "This class needs some discipline I think. Anyone who did not answers owes me two hundred lines of 'I will answer a question when asked'" he said. He was becoming comfortable, he was being cruel. He grinned to himself, "Well, seeing as how this class is utterly hopless at the moment. I'll start you with something easy and give you a fair amount of time to do so. Starting now I want a five hundred word essay on what you know about necromancy to be handed in tomorrow." he told them all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Everything James already knew about the Necromancy could have fitted a twelve page paper but writing was not his strong suit. He instead wrote the assignment in his planner, setting it back in his bag. He did not wish to cause any trouble for the professor, and he certainly did not feel the urge to debate about the hopelessness of the class. If anything, this just meant that the class would not need to practice the Dark Arts heavily to garner further experience.

James could tell, thanks to the evened lighting provided by his glasses that there were not a lot of students in the class. He doubted the class would have many students, but there were not as many students in the first place. It was going to be a long class, as he and Angelique, and perhaps a few other Slytherins, would be willing to discuss the use of the Dark Arts. Magic is Magic, and the Dark Arts was just a label to James Wake. He learned the Arts like any other student. That was his job in Hogwarts.

He remained sitting, eyes scanning the classroom, wondering if anyone had anything to say. If not, James sincerely hoped the professor would continue with the class.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:00 pm

Thaor hurried along the corridor wearing a slick black cloak, with an emerald green "S" on it. Thaor checked his watch. Crap, running late, again. he thought to himself. Today was the first day of staff reviews. First on the list was an old friend of Thaor's, Flint, and his dark arts class.

As Thaor approached the classroom, he peered in and didn't see much going on, so he slid in the room, and took a seat in the back of the room. Thaor pulled out a peice of parchment, and quil, and began to write.
Starts class with a riddle on the board.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top