Weighing of the Wands - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Weighing of the Wands - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Weighing of the Wands

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weighing of the Wands - Page 2 Empty Re: Weighing of the Wands

Post by Edgar Albert Doyle Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:33 am

''I do hope you are not tormenting my pupils, you Ministry freaks!'', Doyle yelled from the entrance. Of course he was late. He was always late and the important thing was that it was intentional. Well, his favourite show was, at that same moment, on, which is why this thing, whatever it was, was less important.

He looked around the Great Hall to see who was here. That Lithuanian guy, the French headmistress, Khaat, and two people he did not know. One of them was, seemingly, a Ministry rat sent here to analyze whatever needed to be analyzed and the other one was a young man whom he had seen once, but he did not bother to remember any data about him. As he limped, he raised his cane and hit Jess in the back of the head, although not strong enough to make him fall.

He limped to the grand table and sat on it. ''Now, I do presume you have some important business to do. I do not know what it is, you don't even need to inform me, I trust you Ministry rats will handle that properly, but I do have to questions as to three persona in my school. This isn't the Tate, so you can't come in and take a look around. You, oh no... wait, I do remember you. You teach Care of Magical Creatures, or at least you have taught... you're that blasted idiot that bothered me in my room. I won't bother myself with you anymore. Khaat, although your presence is all so lovely every time, why are you here? That does, somehow, have to do with the fact that your father got appointed Minister of Magic? And you, lad, the one with the lump on his head, who are you? You seem to be the only one here not known to me and it should be required of you to introduce yourself?'', he said.
Edgar Albert Doyle
Edgar Albert Doyle

Number of posts : 190
Special Abilities : Apparation, Occlumency, Legilimency, Wandless Magic, Non-verbal Magic
Occupation : Owner of Slugs & Jiggers; Potions Master at Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:35 am

Thaor watched as everyone entered. Nice to meet you Antanas, we shall have a word, after this is all finished today? Thaor inquired, he had a couple questions for the Durmstrang Headmaster, after all, such a dark school, could only be lead by a dark wizard.

The pleasure is all mine Ms. Benoit, although, some of us have rather different opinions of Albus Dumbledore. Thaor replied with a sideways glance towards the entrance hall, he heard voices, and as it turned out, the ministry did show up. Thaor hadn't expected to see Khaat, but the minister himeslf.

Yes, lets do get started Thaor said with a glance at his watch. Just then he heard the in-mistakable voice of the Headmaster, Edgar Doyle. Your time will soon come Edgar Thaor mumbled so no one could hear him.

Thaor walked to the center of the room, and waited for the champions to give him their wands.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:09 am

Jack did not bother to look interested by the adults introducing themselves, because that was all they thought of it. They thought themselves baby sitters in this little game they had concocted and they were all in a tizzy with pleasantries and politics. This was all this was- politics. Jack was a battler, not a smooth talker. She could talk her way out of any situation, sure, but she said what she meant, and meant what she said. She was not a politician.

And she was a little irritated with the adults on her "side" or whatever. No verbal recognition. So they were allowed to heap on all this pressure and push her into the ring, telling her that she was representing them, but she was not good enough to even be identified. The headmaster had his ways, sure, but every other headmaster clung to their pupil as if they were there own child. And Jess Potter- had she not helped the Order? This much could be expected from adults though.

It seemed their pleasantries and less-than-pleasantries were complete though and now it was time for the ceremonial part. No one was doing anything so she stepped forward, withdrawing her wand and approaching the wand wizard, holding it out and jerking her head in greeting. "I'll take the first plunge and break the ice, then."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:52 am

Thaor smiled as Jack stepped forward. Ah, Jack, very good. Thaor said, reaching forward and taking Jacks wand from her. Lets see here, Willow, if I'm not mistaken. Thaor said, examining the wand. He flicked the wand, and red sparks flew from the end of the wand. 13 inches, Dragon Hearthstring core. Thaor said looking towards Jack for her verification, but deciding he didn't need it, he continued on with the "weighing".

Thaor gave the wand one last flick upwards, and emerald green sparks came out of the tip this time, they flew so high they almost hit the ceiling of the great hall. Very good, very good. This is a great wand, it passes the examination, I feel it is fit for competition. Thaor said with an approving nod.

Who shall be next? Thaor asked as he gave Jack her wand back.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Danica's breath caught. The red-head's wand was almost identical to her own. Although, she reasoned no wand could ever be identical, any more that any tree was identical or any dragon was. Besides, even if they were, it would hardly place her at a disadvantage. It was how you used your wand that mattered.

She stepped forward and placed her own wand in the man's hands.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgar Albert Doyle Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:01 pm

''Oh bloody hell, this thing... it's a real party, and our dear Measurer is the life of it'', Doyle commented. ''Will you be needing my wand too? I mean, it tends to come from the rear, sometimes... landing in a special place, but generally speaking it can be completely harmless, if you tend to express a wish for it'', he said. He jumped down from the desk and started limping around. ''You know, Measurer... we do seem to be in Ancient Rome, don't we? You should either hurry this up or at least be able to decrease the fear of our champions. I know my has more than enough courage for all of you, yes Elldir, Dyllan is more man than you, if you've asked yourself that question, probably more man that that Lithuanian guy, too... but wait, that is not the topic, is it? What I wanted to say... hurry up... if you keep on doing this like you are now, with that hypocritical smile and politeness, I shall either die or conjure a woodpecker to drill a hole in your skull'', he said, limping around the people, padding Jack on the head.
Edgar Albert Doyle
Edgar Albert Doyle

Number of posts : 190
Special Abilities : Apparation, Occlumency, Legilimency, Wandless Magic, Non-verbal Magic
Occupation : Owner of Slugs & Jiggers; Potions Master at Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:05 am

Selene had a sudden vision of her childhood as she stood there, half forgotten in a corner. "Don't worry about it sweetie, let the adults talk and you can go play with your dolls." "But mommy, I don't want to play with my dolls, I want to listen!" "Not right now sweetie, run along, the adults are talking."

The adults are talking, it was a phrase over used in her household. You aren't old enough to understand. The Adults are talking. Don't stand there, you're only in the way of the adults. And now, Selene was literally pushed into the corner as the adults started to talk, and the other contestants stepped forward to show their wands. Pretty little things, of course they would go for the more tough looking, tough people with tough wands as they said. Selene had a wand that fit her perfectly, and she knew it too.

Selene watched as first Jack presented her wand and the measurer said what it was. How fascinating, and how completely dull. She could be off studying some more, history, English, Spells, Animagus, Criminals, The Daily Prophet, so much information and so little time to learn it all. Not that most of it would help anyway, but who knew, maybe there was something lurking inside 'How to speak Mermish' that would help her in a task. Selene watched as the headmaster demanded the attention yet again. What was with this guy? He HAD to be the center of attention didn't he? Making rude remarks, commenting on everything, making jokes that weren't funny. He was like a jester in a palace, playing for his life, and failing miserably.

Selene lifted her head higher and walked forward so that after the measurer was done with Danica's wand, he could turn his attention to the one that WASN'T identical to the other two. She looked at the wand and smiled, they had the same wood, not the same core most likely, but it was very much so that Selene's was different, her wood was Vine, with a Unicorn Tail Hair in it, 8 1/2 inches. The Unicorn that her tail hair had come from actually lived in the forest near her house, so it was rather special to her, a beautiful female Unicorn with a horn so long it was a wonder how it didn't bump into trees as it walked.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Number of posts : 157
Occupation : Secretary/Personal Assistant at the Ministry of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:46 am

Thaor took Danica's wand from her. Ah, mahogany, thirteen inches. he said with a smile. Thaor flicked the wand upwards and red sparks flew from the tip of the wand. Dragon Hearthstring Core. Thaor said with a smile. With one last flick upwards emerald green sparks flew upwards, almost to the same height as Jack's wand.

This wand also passes examination, it is fit for competition. Thaor said, handing Danica her wand back with a smile.

Thaor glared at Doyle as he ranted. Headmaster, I see no real reason for you to be present anymore, as the champion from your school has passed examination. If you wish to stay, there is only one left, so shut up or leave. Thaor said with a twisted smile.

Thaor reached forward and took Selene's wand from her. Vine, 8 1/2 inches. he said. Thaor flicked the wand upwards, and purple sparks flew from the tip. Unicorn hair core

He flicked the wand into the air once more, and blood red sparks flew from the tip. Oh dear. Thaor said, looking closer at the wand, and noticing a hairline crack halfway up the wand. Judges, over here, now! Thaor said, walking away from the group of people, far enough to be out of earshot from them.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:10 am

Selene handed over her wand proudly. There was no way there was anything wrong with it. Headmistress had gone over it so thoroughly, she was sure it would be broken in the end, but after it had been deemed fit by her, she hadn't barely touched it since. But suddenly the wand maker was calling the judges to him, and she felt herself grow nervous. "Vat eez wrong with my wand?" She asked moving closer to look at it. Coming close she suddenly saw a hairline crack running across it's length.

Selene staggered back ."What deed you do to eet? Eet was not broken like zat before I entered zis room, you have broken my wand! Zis eez tampering with the contest headmistress! I smell trouble!" She said panicking. Her wand had been in perfect condition before she had entered this room, and suddenly there was a large crack down the side? It was impossible! She had been looking at her wand all morning, and that large noticeable crack had NOT been there before! This was wrong, they were trying to make her sound careless with her wands. They were trying to ruin her reputation, she knew it.

Selene looked over at the other contestants almost tearfully. This should not be happening to her, her wand was perfect, not a dent, not a scratch, Headmistress wouldn't have let her enter this room had there been something wrong with her wand. Now this huge scar marred it's beautiful surface. Of course to Selene it was a huge ugly scar, to everyone else it was a hairline crack, but Selene would have known if her wand had been hurt in any way. She kept it in a pocket with nothing else in it, she kept it safe from anything hitting it. She never walked close to desks on the side her wand was on. It just, wasn't possible for it to be hurt! "Tell zem to feex eet! Eet was not like zat before, zey have ruined my wand!" She exclaimed, her eyes wide.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Number of posts : 157
Occupation : Secretary/Personal Assistant at the Ministry of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:14 am

Khaat saw the wand misfiring. That was not good. She didn't like at all what she saw. She frowned, concerned. She went over to Thaor. "Show us what you found, Thaor," she said calmly. Thaor Elldir was known as a quality wandmaker of impeccible reputation, and she had seen it misfire for herself. Something was not right, and they did not need the wand to end up being the reason for a champion's injury or death.

The Ministry had built in a requirement that the competing schools had to be sure that the champions all had quality equipment. The contest had seen entirely too many deaths over the years to leave that out. Khaat would make sure the ministry picked up the tab for the wand if necessary. She looked over at Doyle who as, at the moment, the quintessential picture of boredom.

"Headmaster," she said gracefully, "If you would please grace us with your presence for a moment longer, since you are a judge at this tournament. Then you can resume your duties in a moment. Please."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top