Rainy days, and Charms essay
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Rainy days, and Charms essay Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Rainy days, and Charms essay

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rainy days, and Charms essay Empty Rainy days, and Charms essay

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:07 am

The sound of the rain hitting the windows was enough to put her asleep.  As she walked through the library, her high heel boots clicked on the floor as she walked to her destination, which was a small table not to far from where she was.  Maura looked out the window and smiled, it been raining all week and she was quite glad about it, Maura loved rainy days it was better then the dreadful heat they been having lately.  Maura wasn't a fan of summer, she preferred the winter time, besides the cold never bothered her anyways. Wait... did she just did a quote from the muggle movie Frozen? Oh...well, she loved that movie, it was one of her favorite Disney movies.

Humming let it go to herself, the rain started to beat harder against the window.  "Good thing I'm inside, feel bad for Kace and them."  Looking out the window she seen alot of people running inside or the greenhouses waiting for the storm to pass, but she didn't see it clearing up anytime soon.

Taking her normal spot not to far from the window, she watched the rain hit the windows and roll down.  She loved watching the rain, it was so smoothing and calming, she just loved the watching it and the sound of it.
Tearing her eyes from the window she sighed to herself as she started on her Charms essay, as much as she loved the rain she couldn't get distracted she had work to do.  Plus this was the dreadful O.W.L year,  she was going to study her butt off to make good grades, it was always a dream of hers to be a healer.   Biting her lip she opened her charms book setting to work also listening to the rain calm her
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Rainy days, and Charms essay Empty Re: Rainy days, and Charms essay

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:50 pm

Start of term meant the beginning of the year, beginning of his last year at Hogwarts and he wasn't sure if he was all too happy about that anymore. The previous year, it had been all he could think about. His seventh year was supposed to mean that he was almost out of school and he as finally going to start on his new journey as an adult. He was going to start looking for work at the Ministry and finally separate himself from what his father wanted him to be.

Ryo felt bad though, for his sister. Sayuri was now going to have to take on what he did not want to. But at the same time, he couldn't feel all that bad, not really. His sister should know better than to try to please their overwhelming father. For now, he tried to push those thoughts from his mind; they were unnecessary. What he should be doing was focusing on the fact that even though term had just started, he was already being given assignments. He supposed it was to be expected though, since he was a seventh year and this was one of the most important years of his career with the N.E.W.Ts approaching.

He also couldn't risk his grades dropping if he was going to continue being the Hufflepuff captain.

Sometimes he wondered if he was trying to bite off more than he could chew with his studies and the quidditch team, not to mention the fact that he was working on getting an apprenticeship before the end of the year. It was quite possible, but he wanted to make the most of his final year. That being said, the Hufflepuff entered the library on that dreary, rainy day, hoping to find some peace and quiet so he could work on his potions essay. His parchment and potions books tucked close to his side, Ryo made his way through the aisles, trying to find a suitable place to start. As his eyes wandered from table to table, a familiar brunette caught his view. A fellow Hufflepuff and teammate, Ryo cracked a smile and walked over to her.

"Hey, Maura, fancy meeting you here." he said, placing himself across from the girl. As he pulled a chair out for himself he asked, "Mind if I join you?"
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 994
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:29 pm

Sometimes Maura wondered how she managed to get all her homework done and still be a Chaser for the Hufflepuff team, sometimes she amazed herself.   Although it was her O.W.L. year, she did everything she could to keep her spot on the team, besides she couldn't let her grades slip if she wants to be a Healer.  She was determined to become one if it was the last thing she did,  her hard work and determination was going to pay off in the end she just knew it.  As of right now, she was having a tough time trying to keep herself awake, the rain was so calming and soothing that she could easily fall asleep listening to the sound of it.  Shaking herself awake,  she yawned to herself looking down at her Charms essay she was almost done with it.

"Maybe after this I'll take a nap,  I been doing homework all day, I need a break from all this crazy madness." Dipping her quill in her ink she kept on writing her essay determined to get it done so she didn't have to worry about it any longer.  Besides,  a nice nap did sound nice and definitely calling her name about now.   She probably needed to quit studying so much and actually sleep, but she was so nervous about this year that she started freaking out getting a head start in studying early.  As a matter of fact, she was basically studying during the summer time for it as sad as it is, god she swears she's half Ravenclaw at times.

Hearing a familiar voice,   Maura looked up from her Charms essay and smiled.  "Ryo hey, fancy seeing you as well, I thought you usually study in the common room."  She usually seen him at the table in the corner studying in the common room, unless she was mistaken and could very well be.   "I thought seeing how the library was empty I'll get some homework done and get a early start on studying for my O.W.Ls."  She was surprised that she could talk to him so easily she had a crush on him since her third year,  maybe she gotten over it seeing how she knew that he'll never like her.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Ryo nodded. He took the seat across from Maura and ran a hand through his already messy blonde hair.

"Yeah, I normally do, but I decided on a change of scenery today." He shrugged as though it were no big deal. "Besides, I can't see the rain that well from the Hufflepuff common room." He cracked a smile at the Hufflepuff girl, before cracking open his book and setting up his ink well beside him.

He couldn't say Potions was his worst subject but it definitely wasn't his best. He always got passing marks but there had been a few close calls the past couple of years. His father had been putting more stress on him lately with the trying to pass down the shop he didn't want to run anymore. Ryo was always told that it was just because he was getting too old and wanted to spend more time at home, but he knew it was just because he didn't feel like being responsible for it anymore. He'd rather pass it off and make it his kid's problem.

Some father.

Realizing he was losing himself in his thoughts, Ryo tried to bring himself out of it and looked at Maura. He'd probably never tell her this but she was a pretty cute girl and she always seemed to catch his attention, which was saying something since Ryo didn't usually pay attention to girls. A small smile crossing his lips he leaned over to look at her work and said, "so what are you working on?"
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:56 am

Looking up, she noticed that he took a seat right across from where she was sitting, taking a deep breath to keep her nerves in she tried not to look up at him. She could literally hear her heart racing against her chest cursing inwardly to herself, she bit her lip in deep thoughts trying to finish this Charms essay. What was worse she didn't want to do this essay anymore nor was she tired, she was more interested in the blonde across from her. Did she honestly still have a crush on him? That would be a yes, but now it was more that she liked him then a silly school girl crush.

"Yeah... was getting kinda crowded in there, I needed some peace and quiet." Besides she really didn't like tight spaces and crowded places, she was a bit claustrophobic. "I love watching and listening to the rain, so calming and soothing you know?" Giving him a soft warm smile in return she looked at the rain and smiled to herself once again.
She could listen to it all day as well as watch it, but she had a Charms essay to do and she'll be done. Sometimes she wondered how to stay afloat with all the homework and studying she had for her O.W.L.s she could omly imagine how Ryo felt.

Potions....it wasn't her best subject by any means, but she sure wasn't horrible at it, although she knew being a Healer she was going to have to know it. The thought of it made her groan inwardly to herself, she really didn't like potions all that much to be honest, but hey people had subjects they didn't like. She really didn't have a problem with any of the other classes, just potions she thought it was boring and put you to sleep, plus the dungeons was enough to put anyone to sleep. Another subject that she REALLY hated was History of Magic, most boring subject ever and such a drag, she could barely last an hour before going bored out of her mind.

Looking up from her Charms essay she looked up at him. Shaking her head, she looked up at him chuckling. "I'm working on my Charms essay, once I'm done with this I'm free at last, until they decide to pile more on." She said sighing running her hand through her hair. Seeing him working on Potions she wrinkled her nose. "Ugh...potions not a strong subject of mine that's for sure, I'm good at it but not as good as I want." She doubted she'll ever be good at it, but everyone had a something they sucked at.

Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:20 am

Ryo laughed.

"I can't say I'm the best at it either, honestly." He told her. "I'm not bad at it by any means, I just can't pay attention long enough to actually grasp the concept we learn. It's just so boring. But after the fact, I manage to get things down." He let out a chuckle. "It would probably help if we had a less boring professor."

Ryo didn't have anything against the professor, he just thought they should be a little more.. creative with their lessons. But hey, he couldn't tell people how to do their jobs nor would he want to. He looked up from his paper to Maura, stretching his neck from side to side to crack it. One side cracked while the other didn't and Ryo sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. He hated when that happened, if one side cracked but the other didn't, it just left an uncomfortable feeling for him.

"Lucky you get to finish your work soon. I haven't even started my essay." He shook his head, somewhat disappointed in himself for not having done the potions work already, but it wasn't due for a little bit so he had decided to postpone doing it for a little while.

After all, he needed time for himself too.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:38 pm

Maura laughed.

"Hey at least I'm not the odd ball anymore, seems like almost everyone I know is magically good at it,  reminds me too much of muggle Chemistry.  " Shaking her head as she said that, she knew alot of people didn't know what she was talking about.  "Same here,  just so boring and makes me want to fall asleep, plus doesn't help that it's in dungeons and they are much light, so it's not really our fault you know. "  Chuckling as she said it, bit was true in her opinion.   "Yeah... that's true, but most of them are boring you know,  I try not to fall in them but what they teach is so boring,  and History of Magic is the worse!"

It wasn't that Maura hated all the subjects and Professors here, cause she didn't by any means, some were cool just what they taught. It was no wonder people skipped alot, and they wondered why they did, well if the subjects weren't such a drag maybe more people would attend. Maura looked up from her essay to him and frowned seeing him  trying to pop his neck.  "I hate when that happens,  one side pops and the other doesn't just so annoying cause you just want it to pop so you'll be more comfortable. "  Sighing shaking her head she rubbed her eyes and let out a  small yawn before shaking herself awake,  this rain was really soothing and calming.

"Hey... I  had difficulty doing my potions essay,  it was the first one I did cause I hate potions and I wanted it out of the way, I do my easiest one for last. " She always done that,  even since her first hear when she didn't have much homework,  ah... those were the days.  To go back and be a first year again,  where things were easy and all you had to worry about was passing to go to Year two,  where tests weren't hard at all.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:03 pm

There was something about Maura that calmed Ryo. Though he was always able to carry a conversation with people, he never really felt like it was ever really worth anything. With Maura he felt differently. He wasn't sure what it was about her that made him just want to keep talking to her, even if the conversation didn't hold any special meaning. (Or any meaning for that matter.)

He wondered if it was because she was not only a housemate, but a teammate as well.

Ryo had always felt differently toward the people on the quidditch team with him than he did toward his regular housemates.

"I honestly just didn't feel like doing it." He shrugged, deciding that it was better to just accept what had already been done. "I don't know why, I just didn't feel like doing the essay so I procrastinated and even though I kind of regret it, it's too late now. Hindsight is 20/20, hah." He let out a chuckle at the end of his statement.

He couldn't keep worrying about everything anymore. It was taking away from the time left at Hogwarts, and he couldn't let that just escape him. He had to make the most of it, while he could.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:50 pm

Maura was usually shy around people until she knew that she could trust them or they broken her shyness shell and found out she was very out going and down to earth. Although it was weird with Ryo it was so easy to talk to, she didn't know if it was because he was not only her house mate but captain and teammate or what it was, but it was easy to talk to. Maybe her crush on him went away after so many years of having a silly school crush on him, who was she kidding he was a seventh year and she was a fiffh, they were two years apart besides why would he like her? She was a bit bit odd and weird, but she liked to call it unique and different and didn't care about looks or fashion for that matted matter unlike some girls, although she wore cute clothes and etc but she wasn't obsessed with the last look or fashion by any means. Maura liked how her and Ryo could talk about anything and everything, it was like they were already friends over the years through Quidditch, he was a amazing player and flier she thought so very determined not to let Hufflepuff be the under dogs despite what say about their house being called the 'loser' house.

She didn't think Hufflepuff was that, she loved being a proud Badger, she fitted into this house perfectly. She looked at Ryo and smiled, there waa something comforting about him, she couldn't put her finger on it, but she wasn't complaining. It was nice to talk to someone and they not judge you but genuinely listen to know and you know they're paying attention.

Maura always had a better connection with her housemates and teammates herself as well, but she was nice and kind to others even when she didn't get it back. She was always told by her mother 'if you shower someone or something with kindness and goodness, it'll grow into something beautiful!' She held onto that and kept it close to her, probably why she was so much of a Hufflepuff.

Shs laughed shaking her head. "Believe me I didn't want to do it, a couple of times I wanted to burn my essay in frustration and boredom. " Shrugging as if it wasn't no big deal, wasn't the first time she burned a potions essay and not care, she just hated potions and probably always will. "Yeah... I know the feeling sorta, but I only really feel bad cause I spent so much time racking my brain to write something and I burned it, yeah... I know stupid but I was bored and frustrated with the stupid thing! " She laughed once again at his comment. "Hey its true though, no point of worrying about things that you can't change, we live and learn and life goes on."

Closing her book she put it back in her book bag yawning. Whew...finally done with everything, now she could sit back and relax for awhile. "I swear we got never ending piles of homework, once you finish one they pile on another. " Sighing she ran her hands through her hair. "Hey...it finally stopped raining, you want to go for a walk or so get some fresh air?" She asked him looking at him before looking back outside.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:51 pm

There wasn't much left of his essay so Ryo finished it off rather quickly. His papers had been moved off to the side and he'd subconsciously placed his head in his hand as he watched Maura finish her work. His mind had drifted and he was almost blankly staring at the Hufflepuff girl.

Almost.

He wasn't looking at her, but he wasn't looking through her either. There was a part of him that was focused on the girls features, watching them twist as she focused on the essay before her. At that moment, Ryo realized something. He might like Maura more than he'd originally thought. But there was no way he'd be able to confirm it. He had too much going on to even think about dating or anything of the sort. Plus she was on his team and he couldn't date one of his teammates, it wouldn't be right. Not to mention, he didn't need the potential drama of a favoritism rumor floating around.

Besides, she was two years younger than him and he figured she would want to spend the time freely without worrying about a graduating boyfriend while she had her OWLs to focus on.

"Hm? Oh yeah, sure, why not? Can't keep a pretty little thing cooped up all day." His own words hadn't registered for him at first as he got up from his seat and packed up his belongings. When they finally did, he stopped abruptly and felt warmth rush to his cheeks, a very visible blush painting itself onto his face. "I-I just need to go back to the dungeon to put my stuff away. You can go ahead if you want, or come with me to leave y-your stuff too." He said, trying to stop his trembling voice from cracking.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top