a little bit of life - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

a little bit of life - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

a little bit of life

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

a little bit of life - Page 2 Empty Re: a little bit of life

Post by Maddie Kane Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:52 am

"It's Okay. I...I think I understand." Cecilia Said looking at the letter "I just thought you would want to know. Maybe you don't but its nice to know some one besides my self dose." She hadn't told anyone eals and she wouldn't be untill she told her parents. If she told them at all. she could tell them she was just staying at a freinds house over the summer. Though they probaly wouldn' like that. "You do have a lot of art work i guess." she was trying to expalin to herself why there wouldn't be alot of room. "I just don't know where to start looking. Where did you start when you moved out?" she looked up at him. Cecilia was glad her brother offered to help her find an apartment or some one she could stay with.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:54 am

Elijah swallowed and raised his hand to the back of his neck. His fingers massaged the skin there as he avoided his sister’s gaze. His art work wasn’t taking up a hell of a lot of room and he could have easily made more room. Arnold wanted his paintings to sell 24/7 and Elijah kept enough in stock to tide the man over for years to come. He only gave Arnold a set or two when the Frenchman really needed to be placated. Selling a few paintings wouldn't take much work and he could easily make some more room and fit a bed in or something. But honestly, Elijah didn't want the added issue of having his sister in his house. He'd have his children and his girlfriend...his sister would be weird. No doubt Rob and Jen would sleep on the couch for a night or two as well and Christophe and David would visit regularly. She'd be out of place and overwhelmed. "In someone's bed." Elijah said smoothly, "Although I don't recommend you start there."
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:00 am

Eli," cecilia wispred. she could tell her brother was unconfertable. "I'm sorry. i problaly should have never told you. but i need to tell some one." she wispred " you don't have to help me at all if you don't want to. i could go find an apartment my self." she said still not sure how she would pay for an apartment but she would find away. she clutched the letter in one hand the other placed on her side covering her stumic. "i didn't know who eals to tell. " this was some proof that she had always looked to her brother when she didn't know what to do. thought of what he would do if he were in her sisuation.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:28 pm

Elijah sighed. Cecilia probably didn't intend on making him feel guilty but he felt awful. He didn't want to shut her out completely but he couldn't house her within his own home. "No, don't be sorry. I don't blame you for telling me. I'll sell something and give you the money to start you off," Elijah said hurriedly. "I can't have you in mine because there won't be enough room but I can pay for one."
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:43 pm

cecilia looked up at eli. "do you think im doing the right thing?" she asked "by moveing out i mean. Or do you think im to young?" she knew her father would think this. but he always though she was to little to do anything. to young to have a life. to young to make her own dissesions. she looked up at the owls then back at eli. she wondered if he though it was child is of her to want to move out. she wanted his full oppinon befor she did anything. before she even told their parents.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:55 pm

To say that Cecilia was too long would be hypocritical of Elijah but he could not deny that he didn’t think she would cope as well as he did. Elijah had a sense of self-preservation. He had to look after himself whatever the cost. That was why he’d been so successful at hiding from bullies at Durmstrang. Finding himself in the big wide world had been a breath of fresh air and Elijah had relished every minute of it; from the penniless hours to the sex to the massive amounts of wine. He’d been free and independent and he’d made himself top dog with everyone. Cecilia wasn’t as mature in that respect. She didn’t know how to look after herself, not in his eyes anyway. “I don’t think you’re ready for it,” He said after a moment of thought.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:18 am

"oh," she wispered. so he did think she was to young to move out. not mature enough to handle liveing on her own. Cecilia knew her brother was probly right but she couldn't help but be upset by it. "then would you hold on to this. so i don't send it to mom and dad." she wispred handing Eli the letter she had come here to send. "at least while i think about it some more." cecilia hadn't put much into this letter absolutely no feeling she didn't really put why she wanted to move out in the letter. she felt her parents might have known.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:13 pm

It was always a big step ... moving out of home. But to be fair Elijah hadn’t exactly taken that step. He’d taken his trunk and hitchhiked to the nearest train station. It was a wonder that he hadn’t been kidnapped but he’d made it to Paris without fail and ended up in a bar funnily enough. He’d tried alcohol before but everything that night had gone straight to his head. The Firewhisky, the fatigue and all of those pretty girls in lingerie – it had all been too much. It was no wonder that he’d woken up the next day hung-over with his arm draped around someone’s waist. He was a virgin to alcohol, cigarettes and all of the drugs they were taking at that time. He was pretty sure he’d tried everything and experienced things that people experienced over the course of their lifetime. He’d ditched the drugs as the experience had been more traumatising than ‘fun’ and stuck with the cigarettes and alcohol which he swiped from the woman’s apartment upon his exit later that morning.

Elijah came back to the Owlery and felt Cecilia press the letter into his hand. He held it up to the dim light and sighed before holding it out for her to take. “If you think you’re ready then do it, Cecilia,” He advised, “But I don’t think you’re ready. Only because you asked for a second opinion, though. If you were confident in your convictions then you wouldn’t look back. I was younger than you are now but I don’t think you’re grown up enough yet. You have to show responsibility for yourself and your welfare. You have to care enough about yourself to leave. I would have taken you with me but I was naive. Looking back on it I don’t think I was mature enough for that leap but desperation does funny things to people. They love you...they dote upon you...why walk away from that now?”

( Do you want to try writing your posts out in Microsoft Word? It'll help with your grammar and spelling an awful lot. (: )
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:29 pm

"Think i will wait until after Christmas to decide for sure." Cecilia whispered. she understood what Eli meant when he said that about her not being ready becuase she asked a second opinion. "see if it's any better than it was last time i was home." she looked at Eli for a second. "will you ever come visit even for one day?" she whispered. she knew he really hated mum and dad but it would be nice to have him back at home just for one day. even if he didn't stay long.

(sorry i had for gotten to use the spell cheek)
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Christmas in Sofia would be vague at best. It would be a wonder if they even went home. The last Elijah had heard, Marina and Viktor were thinking about buying a house in Berlin much to the distaste of his old Nanny and tutor who still lived in Sofia. He hated Christmas’ there. Thankfully he wasn’t there for those pitiful birthdays anymore. But Christmas’ were always worse, at least in Elijah’s eyes anyway. This year, however, he figured he would go and see his maternal uncle and that part of their family. Arlene and Adric had been Owling him since the beginning of October and not long after their children followed. Elisabeth, the youngest and two years Elijah’s junior, expressed her distaste for him being there but her hatred for him was playful and illegitimate. They wanted him for Christmas.

The twins had been the most enthusiastic. Euan and Finn were already plotting ways to irritate Marina even if she was hundreds of miles away. Their best plan was a calendar for the New Year depicting their Christmas and a few well placed pictures of their younger brother, Adam, nude. Only Harry, the eldest of the four, seemed to have his head on right. He’d expressed his desire to have Elijah with them over Christmas without having to resort to odd plans of revenge on Marina to get him to come. Harry had merely asked Elijah to come, told him he wanted him there and said that he missed him. It had been years since they’d spoken face to face...well, not years with that emphasis but it had been a few years since he’d really sat down and spoken with his cousin. He missed it; he missed him.

Elijah had a choice. A few choices actually. He could go to Paris and spend Christmas there. Go ‘home’ and deal with his mother’s hostility and his father’s weak attempts at conversation or go and irritate both parental figures and stay with his Aunt and Uncle for the winter. He could have stayed with Viktor’s brother. It was no secret that Marina loathed Stefan as well as her own siblings but she would have put up with it because Stefan was her husband’s brother. As Adam had wisely pointed out in his letters to Elijah, the only way to really irritate Marina was to associate one’s self with people she herself has the right to loathe.

“I’ll probably be staying elsewhere,” Elijah said vaguely, reaching up to scratch the back of his neck, “I’ll come and see you on Boxing Day...how does that sound?”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top