Lesson 3 - N.E.W.T. Level - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 3 - N.E.W.T. Level - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 3 - N.E.W.T. Level

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 3 - N.E.W.T. Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson 3 - N.E.W.T. Level

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:26 am

Brienne had watched the class fill up quickly, and paid attention as the professor began to speak. She paid special attention to the instructions this time. This would be an interesting class, she thought. Especially on account of the chance to freeze someone mid stride. She'd not used that spell in a while, she had used it on Daniel once to make him stand still for a painting. However, he'd fallen over before she could freeze frame him. Petrificus Totalus did not make a very good spell to freeze a person for a painting. No, it was more or less a spell meant to freeze a person for defensive purposes. Not that it would stop her from trying in the future.

When she heard that she'd be paired with Amelia, her worst nightmare at the moment came true. Not only was she paired with her worst enemy, but she was acknowledged as less than her. Brienne didn't like that. She held back the want to punch Wilson and Amelia. Her plastic, stoic happy-mask melted away like a cheap wax candle right before the eyes of everyone in that room. However, she did not say a word. She'd accept that she'd always be known as "the other Ravenlaw girl" or "what's her name" or something like that. Yeah, she pretty much had low expectations now. She sighed, and put down her quill.

As she put down the quill, however, a real smile came to her face. A real reason to be happy just occurred to her. The implications of being paired up with Amelia during this exercise came all too clear now. They made her smile. This was her chance to do harm to Amelia. A chance that she oh so wanted ever since she saw the girl and had a bad feeling about her. She'd never gotten that chance before until now, not a chance that would end well, anyway. She knew that she'd be frozen by Amelia as well, but that didn't matter to her, all that really mattered is that she'd be freezing Amelia. She'd finally have something to be happy about this class. She never really met Amelia, but she felt that she would never want to anyway, because as soon as she got in the way of Brienne's dreams, she'd be defenestrated by the werewolf. Eviscerated, then defenestrated.

She bit her tongue to hold back a snide remark. "I'll go first". The creepy schadenfreude evident in her voice was enough to rattle some bones. She got up, she had a very malevolent grin. "Strike a pose!" She said it with enough bite to chill the blood of anyone within a fifty-yard radius. There was almost a snake-like rattle behind the movements of her tongue as she said the words. Each syllable like a cobra strike, no mongoose could kill such a venomous creature as Brienne's words. More chilling words would exit her mouth before she'd finally cast the spell, she un-bit her tongue. She didn't care anymore. This would be her chance, and she wasn't going to allow it to slip up oh so easily.

"This will surely be a chilling moment. Don't be so rock solid, it's okay to melt", her voice enunciated all her puns of ice and rock. Her voice still had the cutting edge of a razor, and the gelid frore of a thousand-dog night. Her malicious grin spread wider over her face, of course Amelia would probably not know what she did to deserve such a treatment, but she'd suffer just the same. Or would she? Petrificus Totalus wasn't known to make people suffer, that would be Cruciatus. Oh how she wished she was practicing Cruciatus on Amelia right about now. She'd relish that moment. She was normally not this hateful, but she'd make a special case for Amelia.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Even the words of such a spell were affected by Brienne's current inner coldness. Each time she said a word, they had the shame frigid edge, and the same stinging sharpness that would freeze the blood of those that heard it. Her wand motions, as well, were dramatized. The spell she cast was a strong one, amplified solely by the coldness within. Brienne knew it would be strong. She wanted it to be strong. It was the only way to fully enjoy what she was doing. To fully enjoy it and make herself content with it. The deep, frigid envy fueled the Petrificus Totalus to be strong, and most of it came out within that one. However, it would probably re-stoke itself like its polar opposite, fire.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:40 am

(And I suppose it is my fault now that no one replied, except Amelia and Brienne, to my given task?)
''Ravenquist... I did not say you should kill her with it, just petrify her. If you have any problems, do take care of them before you enter any classroom in this school. But, all in all, a well cast spell and 15 points for Ravenclaw. As for today's class, I shall wrap it up, as there is no need for it continuance. Class dismissed people, see you next time'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:49 pm

((I am very sorry that I did not get to this response in time to make it count for the lesson. I will try harder in the future. Brienne, I am sorry to you as well, because I can tell you put a lot of time into that last post.))
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:11 pm

(Amelia... it is not you, nor Brienne that I was referring to. We know each other too well for me to have any negative allusions towards you, and I have also credited Brienne. This was more of a note for the others who had been complaining that I have been slow in classes - yes, I was slower than usual, but the fact is that I am on my senior year and I do have a lot of work - but, now it seems that they haven't been replying... this was not meant for the two of you, as you have replied, but rather for the ones that have complained, but aren't posting)
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top