Ideas?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ideas? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Ideas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ideas? Empty Ideas?

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:49 am

Matt was walking down Diagon Alley, he was feeling happy. It was sunny today, summer wasn't giving up the battle with fall easily. He was browsing really, it never hurt to start Christmas shopping easily. However, he needed some money first. He was running low on extra spending money. He couldn't rely on Emmy alone to earn the money in the house. They had Soph and her kids to take care of. Plus the twins...oh boy.

He suddenly realized that Khaat might be working today. And he had never actually been to her restaurant or bistro whatever it was. But he had tasted Khaat's cooking before and was suddenly hungry, really hungry. He looked around, to see if he could spot it. He ended up having to ask someone where it was, they pointed him down the streets some more so he did. He found it, and it looked lovely.

He walked up to the door and entered. It's like filler without breaking the wall between IC and OoC. He walked up to the counter, scanning for Khaat. It was pretty empty right now, he did see a closed sign but it was open. "Hello?" he asked. "Anyone in here....Khaat?" he called.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Ideas? Empty Re: Ideas?

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:01 am

Khaat had been helping Lizzie knead some loaves of Hawaiian Sweet Bread when she heard someone calling for her. She picked up a kitchen towel and looked down at her jeans to be sure they weren't covered in flour. Then she went out and was pleasantly surprised to see Matt there.

"Matt!" she smiled. "How are you? Long time no see. Coffee or tea? The tea flavor of the month is pumpkin spice and I can barely keep up with the demand on it. Its more popular than I thought it would be. And the coffee--well, some things just should not be trifled with."
She poured herself a fresh cup of french roast. "What can I get you? My treat."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:28 am

Matt was relived when Khaat came out to greet him. He was a little worried someone else may come to greet him. He really wanted to see Khaat is all, it had been a while. "I'm great Khaat," he said walking towards her. "Just trying to catch up with old friends, meet knew ones, talk with the ones I already have." he said. "Coffe, would be great. Surprise me on the flavour, just not black." he told her. "What about you? How's the Ministry been since I left? I really haven't been around much."

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:39 am

Khaat poured Matt a cup of the day's flavored coffee. Chocolate raspberry. She handed it to him. "I've noticed you've taken some time off. The ministry is the same as ever," she said. "Nothing much new there. Brian and I spent most of the summer in Tuscany. Brian bought a villa there, and we stayed there. It is so beautiful. It would be so easy, some days, to just pick up and portkey over there and leave everything else behind," she said, smiling. She knew he knew exactly what those days were like. He'd had a lot of really exceptionally tough days himself.

"I've missed you around. In fact, I haven't seen much of Emmy or Soph either. I think I just missed them. So how is everyone? How is it being a new dad to twins?" Khaat sort of knew what it was like. Her babies weren't twins but they were only a month apart, so it was like having twins most of the time.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:49 am

"Yeah well truth of the matter is I'd really rather not be Minister. I resigned compeltely, it hasn't been out much. Alot of people just think I'm sick, nothing too public." he told her taking the coffee. He took a drink of it and it tasted marvelous. He tasted chocolate and Emmy...it was raspberries. Emmy wore raspberry lipgloss. He smiled at her, "Yeah Emmy's been away on Maternity leave. She's at home, loving the twins. I'm out job hunting, and Sophia...well Sophia's been out alot on her own lately." he told her. "I think she may have a secret boyfriend.." he whispered grinning.

"Ah, so I've been watching the grandkids at home. The twins are as healthy as can be actually. They don't cry much, I think they're like their mother." he chuckled. James and Madi were perfect angels, nothing like him. "I'm just happy their so much like their mother, but Madi does have more of my qualities than James I think." he told her. "She stole James' rattle and hit him on the head with it...of course Emmy blamed me." he laughed.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:04 am

"We're sort of going through that with Abbey and Dakota. One will get an attitude, wake up screaming and that immediately wakes up the other one who starts screaming too. Then they just seem to tick each other off because they're both yelling. My mother has lost her mind, I think--the babies getting into a screaming match never bothers her. She thinks its cute. Sheesh! The woman has truly slipped a cog or two. And Daddy is just as bad. He's nuts too. Really," she laughed.

"Actually, Brian has been wonderful. He takes care of those girls like they were his. He calls them his daughters. He doesn't mind staying at home and taking care of the babies during the day so I can work, well, at least 3 jobs. So, speaking of work, what sort of work are you looking for? Whta does a man do when he doesn't want the top job in the country?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:59 am

Matt chuckled, he knew it was odd to hear. Not wanting to rule the wizarding world of Britain. "Ah, well James is always so calm and relaxed. He's like Emmy that way, she's never as worked up as I am that's for sure." he told Khaat. He drank some more of his coffee, "I may need another one of these." he told her smiling. "Ah, Brian. How is he? I haven't seen him in a while, and Blaire what about him? Are you two dating finally?" he asked laughing quietly.

"Well, I've always had the dream of solving everyones problems for them. Plus I can instantly tell when someone is upset." he said. "I know it must be weird hearing, but I've kind of wanted to be a Counselor. Or a Mental Health Counsellor, I've studied for it I've just always kept it secret. I've never told anyone, not a soul. It's like that one thing only you know. But now I want to actually do it, with these tough times and all. People need all the help they can get."

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:38 pm

"Brian is well," Khaat smiled. "He bought a house in Tuscany and we spent the summer there. It was gorgeous. I could get to like that alot. Perhaps you and Emmy will have to come and join us some weekend. As for Blaire, well, I miss him. We had dinner one night, but I haven't seen him since. Shame, really. I like Blaire.

"Counseling, huh? Actually, that doesn't really surprise me a bit. I can see you doing that and doing it very well. If you want to know the truth, the largest mental health organization in wizarding England is in St. Mungos. I wouldn't normally hire a first time counselor in the role of a department head, but I do have an opening there, and I need someone with administrative experience in that job. So, if you want to apply for it, then I think I could put in a good word with the Chief of Staff for you." Khaat knew that Robert would not turn Matt's application down, especially after Khaat had offered the position to him. "That would make my father your immediate supervisor," she said, to clarify.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:07 am

Matt nodded, "I'll pass on the message to her." he told her smiling and drinking a little bit more of his coffee. "We'd love to join you. It'd be a nice escape." he said laughing. He looked at his watch; it had become an unwanted habit. He used to always "be" somehwere and it was annoying as hell. He grinned once she mentioned Blaire. "Ah, shall I go searching for him?" Matt asked. His grin never left his face, "I shall find him for you m'lday. I shall, before Halloween night is finished!" he said laughing. He used a fake heroic voice for that last part.

Now they were on the subject of a position as Head of Department. Ah well he didn't know about Head of Department. He'd give it a go though, just to see how it went. "Oh really Khaat?" he said hopefully. "Ah, Khaat I love you!" he said laughing. "I'll get to work on the resume tonight. After I'm done rubbing Emmy's feet." he said cheerfullly. It would be weird, one minute he was asking Robert to work for him. Now he'd be working for Robert. But oh well, a job was a job really. "You are absolutely amazing Khaat!" he repeated himself.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:19 am

"Glad to help. Anytime. Oh, and just so you know, if you need someone to consult with about how to do that task, Daddy and Brian and I have a friend who runs an exclusive luxury resort for wizards who need to recuperate on an extended basis from either physical or emotional damage. He's my age. He's very good. You'd like him. His name is Jeffrey Burnstein, and his resort is hidden by a number of enchantments way up in the Swiss Alps. As a matter of fact, Daddy just sent Steven Walker's new wife Ronata there. She had a bit of a meltdown, unfortunately. Daddy and I didn't think she would respond to the psychiatric unit of St. Mungos very well, so we sent her there.

"And that reminds me. The reason we didn't think she would do well there is because that unit is so very institutional looking. Once you're hired, I'd like you to consider redesigning it so that it is more patient friendly, but in a way that is also safe for the clients that need to stay there. Think you're up to that?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top