Indiana or Marty?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Indiana or Marty? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Indiana or Marty?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Indiana Jones or Back to the Future?

Indiana or Marty? Bar_left20%Indiana or Marty? Bar_right 20% 
[ 1 ]
Indiana or Marty? Bar_left80%Indiana or Marty? Bar_right 80% 
[ 4 ]
Indiana or Marty? Bar_left0%Indiana or Marty? Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
Indiana or Marty? Bar_left0%Indiana or Marty? Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Indiana or Marty? Empty Indiana or Marty?

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:20 pm

This question is burning a hole in my head. I love them both, I'm talking about the Indiana Jones franchise and the Back to the Future franchise. But which one is YOUR favourite?

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Indiana or Marty? Empty Re: Indiana or Marty?

Post by Jess Potter Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Oh that must zing, one vote in nearly a fortnight Razz

I'm not sure, but i do like indy... so i suppose him.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:49 am

back to the future!!!
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:00 am

Hmmm...That's heavy. (On te contrary, weight has nothing to do with it. XDDD) In all honesty....

Indiana Jones is epic, hands down. I've only seen Lost Arc and Crystal Skull, but the Lost Arc is enough to put it in the top ranks of movies. Crystal Skull fails because it messes with the whole theme of delving into the past. I mean...(SPOILER) aliens?! WTF? But I mean... Harrison Ford. A+. Theme Song. A+. Plots. A+. It's got everything. Though I will not lie, I'm not a huge action fan, just because I feel like it can get stale, though Indy usually keeps things rocking. And he was Han Solo, one of the greatest heroes of all time, so he gets a gold star.

Now, McFly... The first movie is awesome! It's hard to get tired of it. I mean I love funny twists like going to the past and having your mother fall in love with you. And your dad being a total dork. My only concern with the movie may be that at times, Marty is very Gary Stu-ish (on the other hand, Indy is a handsome, intelligent, professor by day, explorer by night... They're tied.) The second movie, while not brilliant, was enjoyable. By the third movie (which I only saw parts of) I was thoroughly sick of Marty getting his panties in a twist just because someone called him... a chicken. Come on. But otherwise, the little jabs at pop culture, and all of the 80s terminology...

I said Back to the Future. Had Indy not gone after aliens, he would have my vote, but the last movie ruined it for me. And I do enjoy some comic relief, which is jammed full in Back to the Future, but not so much in Indiana Jones.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum