Gabrielle's Office - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Gabrielle's Office - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Gabrielle's Office

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gabrielle's Office - Page 2 Empty Re: Gabrielle's Office

Post by Gabrielle Delacour Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:58 pm

Gabrielle slighly nodded as she was pleased with Kiara's answer. "Yes that's right you're on the right track." she said slowly as she took her wand out of her pocket, but did not point it at any particular direction yet. "So your collegues had a task to create water in the barrel then freeze it. Obviously, i can't put a barrel anywhere in my office it's too big so a simple bucket will do." she said flipping her wand as the bucket appeared on the other side of the office by the wall. "Now the trick is to do it without the use of words you see. That kind of approach requires alot of concetration. If you don't successed from the first try, try again and again untill you do." she said as she lowered her wand down to give Kiara space for questions or action.
Gabrielle Delacour
Gabrielle Delacour
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 104
Special Abilities : Apparation, Non-Verbal Magic, Legilimency, Occlumency, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:03 pm

Ash was almost at a loss at how to go about doing this. "Should I concentrate on the words and visualizing creating water in the bucket?" she asked curiously. She had never gone through doing such a thing before and she wanted to make sure she at least had the right idea on how to proceed with such a task. Charms were one of her better courses though, not particularly her strongest. It very well would have been had she been one to actually pay attention in school, like she was forcing herself to do at this very moment.

She stood up pulling out her wand, "That is the right idea right?" she asked before she began to concentrate on the task at hand. After a few minutes she began to get frustrated that nothing was happening but she tried again. After several tries she finally found that there was in fact water in the bucket. "I did it!" she said excitedly.
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabrielle Delacour Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:12 pm

Gabrielle did not expect a question like this as it was rarely asked in the school. "You need to concetrate on both things. As you can't say the words you need to concetrate on them, but you need the slightest picture in your mind about what do you want to do. Since one without other doesn't go." she explained trying to sound as much understandable as she could though what Kiara asked her was more of philosophic question.

Her head turned to the bucket as she stood up to check on Kiara's progress. "Good job. Now you need to freeze your water. You're almost there." she encouraged her considering that if Kiara stopped was so she would give her a little support before she would procsseed.
Gabrielle Delacour
Gabrielle Delacour
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Special Abilities : Apparation, Non-Verbal Magic, Legilimency, Occlumency, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:36 am

Ash nodded and turned back to the task at hand concentrating harder than she had with the water. After the first try she took a deep breath and tried again, wanting to get it done as quick as possible and managed to freeze the water after only the second try. "Thats it right?" she asked turning to look at Professor Delacour with a small smile, proud at accomplishing her assignment.
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabrielle Delacour Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:04 am

Gabrielle approached the bucket to do a small inspection of Kiara's work though from all the way here it seemed like a rather excellent job. Her hand with wand extended towards the ice as she started to touch it with the top of her wand to see how hard was the ice. "I wouldn't do it much better myself. Good job Miss McKinley" she commented before she disposed of her wand as it's no longer gonna be needed. "I don't give points on private classes though i'll note your effort down for your grade from charms. So that's pretty much it anless you have some other question for me," she added quickly as she sat down again and waited.
Gabrielle Delacour
Gabrielle Delacour
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:22 am

"So we didn't have any assignments to finish for the next class?" she asked looking at her curiously, proud she had accomplished the task. She was glad she had caught on to it easier than she had guessed she would have. It took some concentrating but it wasn't that bad. She would have to get used to focusing again but that would come in its own time she was sure.

"If that was it that means this lesson would be over correct?" she asked looking at her curiously.
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top