Maybe It's Time for Miracles
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Maybe It's Time for Miracles Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Maybe It's Time for Miracles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maybe It's Time for Miracles Empty Maybe It's Time for Miracles

Post by Suzannah Malfoy Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:06 am

The air was thick with a light breeze and constant sunlight, it was a beautiful day, though much of the sun was blocked behind Knockturn Alley's buildings and shops. Suzannah had no purpose in going there, it was a random choice of location, as always. Judging by what she heard about the demons, though, it was not a very safe place to hang out by herself.

The demons seemed to be simply a bunch of bull shit to her, it was probably just the ministry trying to scare the students into doing their work or something. But if it were real, they would probably attack the Hogwarts Express on the ride. Thank goodness Suz has her own ride to the castle. She hated to ride the express, so she always rode side-along apparition, it was always easier and quicker; minus the nausea.

Suzannah slid past many people clogging the streets, and found a little alleyway to hang around in. It was peaceful and quiet, better than the congested main area. She found a small bench and took a seat at it, resting her feet from the heels she stupidly decided to wear that day.

Maybe It's Time for Miracles Hayden-panettiere-shorts-05
Suz's Outfit and Look
Suzannah Malfoy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Maybe It's Time for Miracles Empty Re: Maybe It's Time for Miracles

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:23 am

[OOC-I apologize, once again, for my rusty rp'ing you understand I'm sure]

It truly was a beautiful day, though Thaor hadn't been able to enjoy any of it, being stuck at the shop all day. It seemed unfair to Thaor, that when he was finally free, he found himself wondering into Knockturn Alley to stay at Satin's. He picked up the habit of staying at Satins during the week to be close to the shop. He couldn't afford any break ins. Business was horrible as it was.

Thaor was heading down the walk to Satins when he saw someone he hadn't spoken to for a very long time, which was odd, considering she lived in his house. Thaor saw Suzannah sitting on a bench, in a secluded area. Should I have some fun? Thaor thought to himself, thinking of ways to scare her. I could disolouse myself, and scare her, but that's so juvenile. Thaor thought.

Thaor frowned, playing a prank on her is no way to treat her after not seeing her for so long. Thaor thought to himself. Thaor began to walk towards Suz, Long time no see stranger. You know, sitting by yourself in Knockturn Alley during these times isn't very wise. Thaor laughed.

Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca Mulloy Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:41 am

Suz felt like dozing off, though she knew she wasn't in the right place to fall asleep on a random bench, she didn't get much sleep the night before. Everything that went on with Lucius and Sandra were finally getting to her and she was having many sleepless nights. She was usually never bothered by Death Eater propaganda, but the stories and theories seemed so true that she was beginning to believe them, and that scared her enough. What if the demons were real? What would she do? What would the Death Eaters do? There was so much to be done already, and they certainly didn't need another thing on top of everything else.

She dismissed this from her worries for now, she would deal with that later. She heard distant footsteps coming her way, but didn't turn her head. She didn't want to make sudden moves, just in case. Suz was becoming very alert and nervous, though she knew she had nothing to be anxious about. Slowly, she turned her head to see who it was, and was delighted to hear a familiar voice coming from the body. "Hello Thaor" She said, suddenly happy, "I know, but there is nothing else to do" She shrugged. "Would you like to sit with me or were you headed somewhere else?" Suz moved over to make more room for Thaor.

Rebecca Mulloy
Rebecca Mulloy

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:48 am

Thaor smiled at Suz's warm welcome. I was headed to Stains, but I think a change in plans is in order. How are things at home? I know I don't get there that much anymore, but I can't afford to have a break in at the shop. Business is horrible as it is. Thaor said as he sat next to Suz on the bench. She seemed different, more alert, cautious, maybe even scared.

Lowering his voice, Thaor asked Suz I can sense you're very cautious, I daresay, scared. Are these rumors true? I haven't heard anything but what I hear from people passing the shop. I haven't seen a fellow Death Eater since the battle at Grimmauld place. Do they think I just fell off the face of the earth? Thaor asked. Just then, it painstakingly hit him, Do they think I died at the battle? Thaor asked, eyes widened. He had taken a beating, but for them to think he was dead, at the hands of the Order, was like a dagger to the chest.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzannah Malfoy Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:11 am

Suz slowed her breathing as she felt it spike up when she heard footsteps so close to her, maybe it wasn't such a great idea going to Knockturn Alley that day. "Things at home are great. Though I wish you could be there more often" She added, a frown in her voice. She missed having Thaor there every morning at the table for breakfast and to lounge around with every night after work, but she had to get used to it. Things were getting dangerous in the Wizarding World, and if anything happened to the shop, that would be the end of it.

Things seemed to feel more intense as Thaor lowered his voice to a near-whisper, it made her feel uncomfortable for some reason. "I'm not sure. I hope not. They sound very... dangerous, at the very least to say. They could destroy our whole world. The Death Eaters have been hiding around lately, we haven't met up much lately, either." She said, fear striking her voice in a tint. "They haven't said anything about you, I've noticed that many people haven't been coming to the meetings, everything's going downhill and I don't know what to do. My brother is nowhere to be found, my parents are never around, I feel so lost when this subject comes up" She could almost break down right there, but she composed her features and held it back.
Suzannah Malfoy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:21 am

Thaor's heart sank. This was very un-characteristic of him. For the first part, I have good news. I've been considering closing the shop. I've taken the post at Hogwarts, and there is no way I'd be able to keep the shop safe. I'd move all my wands to the house, and sell them on a by request basis. Thaor said.

Thaor could tell Suz was scared, the only true safe place in the wizarding world was in fact, his house, only himself and Suz knew it's exact location. Her family was nowhere to be found, this worried Thaor, almost as much as Thaor knew it did Suz. As for the second part, I will open my home to your parents, and aid in the search for your brother. Thaor said, scooting close to Suz and hugging her.

The shop will be closed in the morning. Thaor said with a smile, hoping this would help Suz get her mind off her family.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzannah Malfoy Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:36 am

Suz nodded, she didn't want to seem too happy that he was considering closing the shop, because, honestly, it was an unfortunate thing. But she was secretly ecstatic about the idea of having him to herself all day, it would be great. The only part she was a bit worried about was the Hogwarts part. She didn't want to have him as a professor and also be living with him; she was sure there was a rule against that. But no one would ever know about it, she hoped. "That would be a bit of a hassle" She agreed.

"That would be great, Thaor, thank you so much" She smiled. "But my brother isn't missing in that way, he's just never there for me any more." She frowned. Her and her brother were never too close, being twins, they often got sick of one another, but they always helped each other out if they needed it. But now, he barely even noticed her. It really annoyed her, and made her feel terrible, but there was nothing she could do about it; she just had to leave it be. Suz smiled again as she felt Thaor embracing her, and she hugged back.

"Really? Thank you thank you!" She giggled happily and hugged him again. It was actually more like a tackle than a hug, but she could barely contain her happiness. "It's going to be great, we can be together all the time like before!" She said, smiling.
Suzannah Malfoy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:34 am

Thaor could sense Suz's happiness. He could understand how truly horrible loneliness could be. He knew she was happy he''d be around more; but unhappy the shop was closing. Not to worry, Hogwarts is unaware we are living alone together, and if your family moves in, it will seem like you guys just live with me because I like your parents, not necessarily you. Thaor replied.

Sorry about your brother. Family should always stick together, I may just have a word with him. Thaor replied. If anyone knew the sting of not having family close, it would be him. Thaor shuddered as childhood memories surfaced in his mind. His father murdered his mother, and all of his half-siblings, leaving only Thaor and his only full-blood brother Walker. A single tear fell from Thaor's eye, before he was snapped back to the present by Suz's hug. If you could call it a hug. It was more of a tackle than anything.

Yes, it will great. In all honesty, I miss the old times. We were always together. Thaor said with a smile.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzannah Malfoy Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:33 pm

It was when Thaor mentioned Hogwarts, that a sting of worry came across her mind. Sure, Hogwarts didn't know about them living alone together, but they were bound to find out sometime. She didn't want to get Thaor in any trouble, nor did she want to get herself in a quarry. "That's true. But they may still have their doubts. Especially if Vincent is still there." She said, staring off into space, babbling mindlessly. "But it's nothing to worry about," She stated, shaking out of her daze, "when they find out, well, that will be the time to worry"

Suz nodded wholeheartedly at Thaor, "Thank you, I'm sure we can rebuild our relationship somehow. Maybe we'll start to hang out more or something; I hope we can become closer. It just doesn't feel like our "twin love" is mutual. He doesn't seem to like me much" She said, her voice breaking a bit at the last few words. "But that's his problem if he doesn't like me, I could care less" She lied in a sour voice. Just thinking about her family disliking her made her invisible emotions choke her up. Suz was never good at expressing her feelings, because she was always on guard for rude comments or to defend herself. It was normal for her to be targeted, but she didn't care, because she always had a comeback.

The old times. When they were always there for each other from the time they woke up, to the time they went to bed, she missed those times and was ecstatic to have them back. "We were. And now we can do it again" She smiled, resting her head on his shoulder. It felt great- to have him back to herself again, to always be with him again, to have a life together again.
Suzannah Malfoy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top