Dinner with a Friend...or Enemy? - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Dinner with a Friend...or Enemy? - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dinner with a Friend...or Enemy?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dinner with a Friend...or Enemy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dinner with a Friend...or Enemy?

Post by Hugo Weasley Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:03 pm

“Touché,” Jen replied with a nod as she turned a page in the menu. She loved menus for some reason. Just the feel of them, the endless possibilities – it felt brilliant. She especially liked the menus that you could get abroad because everything was so different there. Of course she didn’t go as far as to steal said menus but instead cherished them while she could. It was incredibly odd for anyone to like such things but the possibilities were endless. Food was an amazing thing and it was something that everyone liked to indulge in whether they liked it or not, unless of course they had an eating disorder of some kind. They were seriously missing out. The criminal underworld wasn’t the only reason that she went to other countries. Generally India was a fun place to go for two reasons, Rob was always getting chased by authorities that wanted him shot while they were there and she’d become acquainted with a family that taught her how to make one of the best curries in the world. So while he brother was running around the country in attempt to keep himself alive, she was cooking and experiencing all of these different tastes and smells.

“You know they only do that because they expect you to order three courses, right?” She asked, giving him a slightly lopsided grin. “The deserts usually compensate for the small portions though.” She changed the way she was spinning the rose and the way the colours blended together changed slightly but not by much. She turned a page again but this time put her finger to the one she was reading and moved it down, quickly scanning the pages for something she wanted. She quickly found it and looked up when Jess turned his attention back to her. She closed the menu and smiled brightly at the waiter, “A bottle of red wine,” she said deliberately, knowing full well had she asked for a glass then she’d have one glass and never see the rest of the bottle. That’s what aggravated her about restaurants the most; they always held out on the wine. “and a spaghetti carbonara, please.”
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 401
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Dinner with a Friend...or Enemy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dinner with a Friend...or Enemy?

Post by Jess Potter Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:33 am

jess chuckled and gave a shrug. "I know it, but i can handle their three courses for breakfast, i've got a big stomach," he said with a chuckle, leaning back and patting his stomach before resuming his original place at the table.

"I don't know, i've had some pretty skimpy deserts before," he said with a humble smile, "And i don't mind having some leftover after, that's what doggy bags are for!" He said letting his fancy composure go out the window, before shaking his head and regaining it.

"Good choice," he said in regards to her choice of meal, "I considered the same myself, i love a good carbonara, but last time i got one i was... lets just leave it at less than impressed, shall we?" he asked, smiling at her, thinking of the crunchy, slightly burnt meal he'd received last time he'd ordered the carbonara.

"So, may i ask, what is it you do for a living?" he asked, hoping she'd leave out the obvious, "I know you used to be an Auror, but i've not heard of anything since then," he told her, smiling intently at her
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Weasley Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:44 pm

There was something incredibly strange about talking so easily with someone who was trying to blow you to smithereens not even a month before. Jen wasn’t complaining but it was incredibly surreal. Banter between two people on the opposite sides of the table, on the opposite sides of the war, could never end well. Or it could end incredibly well; it just depended on your point of view. Although the last dinner had with someone that tried to kill her had ended with an interesting twist. He hadn’t even made it past the starter but to be fair, that man truly deserved to die and he’d been a thorn in her side since....well, since they had their ‘training’ together. He was worse than a petulant child at times and his death certainly didn’t keep Jen up at night.

Jen smirked at the antics of the man before her and she laughed lightly. “A healthy appetite,” She corrected with a smile. “I think that’s definitely why I prefer desserts that my gram makes. She could feed at least a hundred people at the time and there would still be some left.” Jen shook her head. Her grandmother’s cooking and cleaning habits were borderline obsessive. You couldn’t enter the kitchen when she was cooking and any other room if she was cleaning.

“Oddly, the Greeks make excellent Carbonara’s despite it being an Italian dish, extremely good actually.” She threw in thoughtfully. She’d never actually had a bad one from a Greek restaurant. Although most of the time she’d have Rob with her and she’d steal his Moussaka once he’d become engrossed in something so it would be Moussaka and Carbonara. There was something that sounded horrible about the combination but if it was good food then Jen didn’t care if the dishes clashed horribly.

A laugh of delight escaped Jen’s mouth before she had a chance to smirk or raise an eyebrow. She loved trying to decode what her job was. There were so many different levels and layers of the job itself and Jen barely understood it herself. Grave robbing, breaking into tombs, stealing, general murder and mayhem and there was also that time that she’d nearly started a civil war in some non-descript country. But at least she hadn’t had a quickie with some political figure like Rob had. That was exactly why India wanted him hanged or shot on sight. If it wasn’t for the fact that the bounty on his head was average then Jen would have killed him already and traded him in for the cash. So that was her job description, “Mercenary.” Ah, the power of money. “I think that would be more appropriate than any other description. But then there’s the potions thing that I help Rob out with...” She shrugged. “I don’t know. Aurors get an extreme amount of desk work when nothing is going on so I find it is more entertaining to cause the excitement than end it.”

"This year should be fun though," She said after a moment. "I've got to attempt to teach Hogwarts students Herbology." Jen rolled her eyes. "I think they're all going to die actually." She smiled, remembering the lesson plans.

“What about you, though?” She countered with a smile. “I have no clue what you do or...did.”
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 401
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top