Which Uniform Would Be Better?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Which Uniform Would Be Better? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Which Uniform Would Be Better?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which Uniform Is Better?

Which Uniform Would Be Better? Bar_left7%Which Uniform Would Be Better? Bar_right 7% 
[ 1 ]
Which Uniform Would Be Better? Bar_left60%Which Uniform Would Be Better? Bar_right 60% 
[ 9 ]
Which Uniform Would Be Better? Bar_left33%Which Uniform Would Be Better? Bar_right 33% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 15

Which Uniform Would Be Better? Empty Which Uniform Would Be Better?

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:00 pm

I've seen a lot of Harry Potter movies and games where the uniforms are all different, when in the JK Rowling books, she describe the wizard uniform having the robes and a wizard hat, when in the 5th movie it showed just a shirt and pants and all.

Also the wizard hat would look like this ---> Hermione
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Which Uniform Would Be Better? Empty Re: Which Uniform Would Be Better?

Post by Elizabeth Krum Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:07 pm

The hats are only used on the first day and the last day of Hogwarts and wear in the great hall.
Elizabeth Krum
Elizabeth Krum
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4133

http://thetwistintime.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:17 pm

Still, would you think it would be a better uniform then the rest? That's all I was asking really.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Krum Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:20 pm

I like the way it does... any way.
Elizabeth Krum
Elizabeth Krum
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4133

http://thetwistintime.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:46 pm

I don't know if they've changed it in the more recent films, but in the early ones the uniforms were grey, not black. Particularly noticeable in the scene in Philosopher's Stone where Ron upsets Hermione after charms. In the books, they wear black robes.

As someone who wore a school uniform, I believe they should be as uncomfortable and embarrassing as possible. It gives it a more genuine feel for me. At my school we girls weren't even allowed to wear trousers until we petitioned the school about having sexist policies.

I'm very for the shapeless tunic sort of uniform for girls and shorts or trousers & shirt for boys. Also, most of the public schools where I live have different uniforms for juniors and seniors. So you'd have tunics for the junior girls and a shirt and pleated skirt for the senior girls, and the senior boys would have to wear a tie or different coloured shirt or something (though some private schools do very interesting things with blazers and boat hats, too). Besides, if you've ever worn a robe, you'll know you have to wear something under it.

I might post a drawing of a hogwarts uniform, if I can be bothered actually drawing it.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementine Lovegood Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:06 pm

Hats and robes for special occations. Robes for colder weather or outside and the shirts and pants for the rest of the time. That's not how it is, but how it should be.
Clementine Lovegood

Number of posts : 2053

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Archer Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:58 pm

Generally schools try to avoid sexual contact between students, so I imagine the uniforms would make students look as much like amorphous blobs as possible. (I assume boarding schools would be even worse about this, since students live together, but I've never been to one so hey)

Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy Weasley Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:46 pm

In boarding school, you're allowed to wear whatever you like (within reason) when it's not school hours, so the uniform doesn't make much difference when it comes to the opposite sex.
Lucy Weasley
Lucy Weasley
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum